Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post
Hi guys. Just got my new set last night a WD-73838 and will be using IR with it as i bought starter pack for the 2 glasses and the IR blaster. Will be seting up my new system in awhile, yet first i wanted to ask before i ordered, will these work with my system Samsung SSG-2200AR Rechargeable Adult 3D Glasses or would you recommend another. I need 2 more glasses for the family and maybe Ill buy a third for a guest perhaps.

The retailer suggested since i needed 2 more pairs to buy another starter pack and sell the rest of it. I'm not sure that's the best option, what do you think?

Last, im focusing on IR stuff now, but how is DLP... I know there is allot of discussion on this matter, yet its truly convoluted as to a general consensus as to which is the best. Thank you for your time.
The Samsung 3D glasses will work just fine with the Mitsubishi kit. No need to purchase an additional kit.

Personally I would stay away from DLP-Link. Here is an older post of mine with some more info on my experience:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19498680
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 07:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
The Mits adapter kit glases and the Samsung glasses are the same glasses, the only difference is the Logo on them.
post #63 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcterp View Post
The Samsung 3D glasses will work just fine with the Mitsubishi kit. No need to purchase an additional kit.

Personally I would stay away from DLP-Link. Here is an older post of mine with some more info on my experience:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19498680
Thanks BC.... My only issue is, i need 2 more..... So would it in your opinion be better to buy another starter Kit and get those, or buy them straight out. if i get the ones shown above, that would be around $300.00. A kit would run me, $359.99, yet I could sell the other stuff as the retailer told me there is a market for the IR's themselves..... I wouldn't get the rechargeable in that case, but im wondering if that would be a better choice.

EDIT - Just ordered 2 of them from Amazon. Prime gets em here this wed. ok im off to hook up all the new stuff. Cant wait.

Thanks again Guys
post #64 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg

Thanks BC.... My only issue is, i need 2 more..... So would it in your opinion be better to buy another starter Kit and get those, or buy them straight out. if i get the ones shown above, that would be around $300.00. A kit would run me, $359.99, yet I could sell the other stuff as the retailer told me there is a market for the IR's themselves..... I wouldn't get the rechargeable in that case, but im wondering if that would be a better choice.
That would work but I think it would be easier to get a Samsung 3D kit from ebay and sell the movie(s). I purchased an open box (but unused) Samsung 3d kit for $150. It contained 2 pairs of glasses (identical to the Mitsubishi glasses) and Monsters vs Aliens 3D blu-ray. If I had sold the blu-ray it would have only cost a bit over $100 for two glasses. Also, you can usually find plenty of Samsung glasses for sale on ebay (not in a kit).
post #65 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 08:06 AM

I would have ordered two pair of the 3D Heaven IR glasses ($49). Reviews have them on par or better than Mits/Samsung glasses.
post #66 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs View Post

I would have ordered two pair of the 3D Heaven IR glasses ($49). Reviews have them on par or better than Mits/Samsung glasses.

Hmm, ill have a look at those.
post #67 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 08:54 AM

They sell both...they just released their DLP link version. The IR's have great reviews (see thread in this same forum).

Looks like the first set is $59 and second is $49, etc...

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlp3dwiglfis.html
post #68 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs View Post

They sell both...they just released their DLP link version. The IR's have great reviews (see thread in this same forum).

Looks like the first set is $59 and second is $49, etc...

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlp3dwiglfis.html

They look nice... i just ordered the other ones from Amazon. I heard they are a bit Bigger and more comfortable than the others. I wonder how the 3D Heaven ones fit? I just may return the Amazon ones if the others work as good fit nice and comfortable..
post #69 of 78 Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post

They look nice... i just ordered the other ones from Amazon. I heard they are a bit Bigger and more comfortable than the others. I wonder how the 3D Heaven ones fit? I just may return the Amazon ones if the others work as good fit nice and comfortable..

There is a big thread about the glasses in this forum. Lots of reviews for the IR version. I'm pretty sure fit was discussed as well. You should really read it.
post #70 of 78 Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 PM

Hi. Im looking at a 2010 73" 838, and for some reason was under the impression teh DLP Link glasses negatively affected PQ, but it seems backwards and they offer better imaging than the IR glasses?
post #71 of 78 Old 03-05-2011, 12:03 PM

Just recently purcased the mitsubishi starter pack with the ir glasses and I'm not satisfied! I'm pissed! Get home all excited hook my kit up. Set up ps3 for 3d and put in killzone 3! What do I get! My blacks are all green and colors all washed out! Play around with my settings to try to get rid of green tint with no inprovement So I go to the internet and find dozens of forum post about this problem being caused by the dlp-link flash that you can't turn off in my model! Why would they do this! Why don't mitsubishi sell a dlp-link kit for pre 2010 tvs. Haven't tried the dlp-link option yet but from what I have seen with the ir type! It sucks! Watched how to train your dragon 3d with my son last night and was just pissed the whole movie because of the washed out colors! Will be trying the dlp-link glasses out soon. Looks like the optomas zd101s or if I can find them the zd201s they just released.Unless I can find out a way of turning on the ir etmitter without turning the tv in 3d mode.
post #72 of 78 Old 03-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strydervip View Post

Just recently purcased the mitsubishi starter pack with the ir glasses and I'm not satisfied! I'm pissed! Get home all excited hook my kit up. Set up ps3 for 3d and put in killzone 3! What do I get! My blacks are all green and colors all washed out! Play around with my settings to try to get rid of green tint with no inprovement So I go to the internet and find dozens of forum post about this problem being caused by the dlp-link flash that you can't turn off in my model! Why would they do this! Why don't mitsubishi sell a dlp-link kit for pre 2010 tvs. Haven't tried the dlp-link option yet but from what I have seen with the ir type! It sucks! Watched how to train your dragon 3d with my son last night and was just pissed the whole movie because of the washed out colors! Will be trying the dlp-link glasses out soon. Looks like the optomas zd101s or if I can find them the zd201s they just released.Unless I can find out a way of turning on the ir etmitter without turning the tv in 3d mode.

Are you talking about the screen getting dimmer? if so, all Glasses will do that (except maybe the Real 3D glasses which I need to look into)..anyways, i had better luck with IR, yet the screen will still go a few shades to the darker side. Make sure you run your PS3 thru the Video settings so it can get adjusted to your new set.
post #73 of 78 Old 03-05-2011, 12:14 PM

I think he's talking about the DLP Link blink that does not happen with 2010's. My 2010 PQ, with the IR's on is phenomenal.
post #74 of 78 Old 03-05-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayLite View Post

I think he's talking about the DLP Link blink that does not happen with 2010's. My 2010 PQ, with the IR's on is phenomenal.

2.06 & 2.07 should have fixed that.. Unless that's not for Pre 2010 sets.... What IR glasses you use Jason? Do they darken the screen up some also as mine do.. I have Mits, Samsung and 3d heaven ultra clears, they all darken screen some, ultra clears a bit more though ....
post #75 of 78 Old 03-05-2011, 12:38 PM

I have the Mitsu glasses in the starter pack, and the equivalent Samsung IR glasses (2 pair of each). I think the 2009's have a problem with IR that the 2010's do not.
post #76 of 78 Old 03-05-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayLite View Post

I have the Mitsu glasses in the starter pack, and the equivalent Samsung IR glasses (2 pair of each). I think the 2009's have a problem with IR that the 2010's do not.

Ahh we have the same glasses then.... I have 6 pairs all together including the Ultra clears which I still haven't heard back from (7 days now) since the fog issues began.... It's a shame as I hope things don't have to get ugly.
post #77 of 78 Old 03-05-2011, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
strydervip - There are no Optoma ZD201s - they are canceled and not coming out. Try a set of Ultra Clears. They aren't perfect, but the blacks are black and the picture isn't washed out. The Optomas ZD101 are pretty much ViewSonic PGD-150s, and they are horrible.
post #78 of 78 Old 03-06-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

strydervip - There are no Optoma ZD201s - they are canceled and not coming out. Try a set of Ultra Clears. They aren't perfect, but the blacks are black and the picture isn't washed out. The Optomas ZD101 are pretty much ViewSonic PGD-150s, and they are horrible.

That is the exact oppisite of what I've been reading! From all the reviews it seemed that the optomas were the best choice just the frames sucked on them so I was gonna go with the zd201s but I've have recently just read that forum post about them being cancelled! SUCKS! I found a place on the net that said they had them in stock but were in the U.K. guess that was a lie! I hope that these dlp-link glasses fix this problem cause my blacks are horrid not a shade green! They are green! Dark scenes in movies and games are unwatchable! I have even went into the tech setting on my tv by pressing menu then 2457. Trying to get some of the green out.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page