RealD CrystalEyes 5 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 129 Old 01-31-2011, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hmm, will definitely have to pick up a pair of the CE5's. I like the comfort of my X102s, but like the performance of the IO Display (IR based) and Viewsonic (DLP-Link) glasses.

Do the CE5's have flat lenses like the Viewsonics, or are they curved like the X102s?

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 129 Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4d2dude View Post

i ordered a pair of C5's but theres no shipping, status, or tracking info on the site... how do i know when they ship? will i get an email?

There wasn't any on my order either. They arrived in about 4 business days. Invoice was sent seperately in envelope that arrived a couple of days later.
post #93 of 129 Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

Hmm, will definitely have to pick up a pair of the CE5's. I like the comfort of my X102s, but like the performance of the IO Display (IR based) and Viewsonic (DLP-Link) glasses.

Do the CE5's have flat lenses like the Viewsonics, or are they curved like the X102s?

They are flat.
post #94 of 129 Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Is Alive View Post

There wasn't any on my order either. They arrived in about 4 business days. Invoice was sent seperately in envelope that arrived a couple of days later.

I have 225 dollars on hold with my bank from stereographics???? My order confirmation receipt say 175 dollars plus 10 for shipping= 185. Were you charged 225 for the glasses?
post #95 of 129 Old 02-02-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:

I have 225 dollars on hold with my bank from stereographics???? My order confirmation receipt say 175 dollars plus 10 for shipping= 185. Were you charged 225 for the glasses?

Kinda figured out my own question. the woman i spoke with says that they overcharge and put that money on hold however when the order is final they put back the money they shouldnt of touched in the first place . she wasnt very clear but thats what i got.
post #96 of 129 Old 02-02-2011, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Kinda figured out my own question. the woman i spoke with says that they overcharge and put that money on hold however when the order is final they put back the money they shouldnt of touched in the first place . she wasnt very clear but thats what i got.

Good to know. If true, they won't be doing that to me. I hope they understand that's illegal.

HDTV in my home since 1999.
post #97 of 129 Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson-Flyer View Post

Good to know. If true, they won't be doing that to me. I hope they understand that's illegal.

its true. my bank statment doesnt lie and im telling you what the woman from realD told me... supposedly its not them. its their shopping cart software "cart32" that does this... And supposedly stereographics aka realD is working to get this fixed... hmmmmm.
i just ordered my glasses Saturday and the woman told me they will ship out Friday. ill tell everyone what i think of the glasses WHEN i receive them...
post #98 of 129 Old 02-03-2011, 07:47 AM

I didn't look to see what was on hold on my charge card but I was charged the correct amount of $185 on the day they shipped. RealD's transaction software leaves alot to be desired. I did not get any tracking or shipping info emailed to me nor could I track shipment online.
post #99 of 129 Old 02-03-2011, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Quote:

I ordered some a couple of weeks ago and the same thing happened to me. I also called and was informed exactly the same as you. Once shipped the charge was corrected.

"Marines have no qualms about killing Martians"

2011 List

2009 List

2008 List
post #100 of 129 Old 02-04-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post

I ordered some a couple of weeks ago and the same thing happened to me. I also called and was informed exactly the same as you. Once shipped the charge was corrected.

Its good to know they actually correct it when shipping. I didnt make it to "shipping" yet... i think.
post #101 of 129 Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbW View Post

My CE4's/ELR2 Emitter that replaced my CE5s TOTALLY block the DLP-Flash (on my Samsung LED DLP HLT-5089s).r.

Take a peek at the sister thread to this one http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1299893 for CE4 specific discussion.

if you can look past the additional cost of the ELR2 emitter, the CE4's obvious benefit over the CE5's are that you are buying yourself a futureproof/universal option, should you upgrade your TV to one that isn't DLP.

Interesting! I need a little clarity on this matter. I own an '09 mitsu, that, as you know, has no ability to stop the DLP Flash. If the CE4's are blocking it successfully, could I still incorporate (simultaneously) the UC DLP Link glasses (or any other DLP Link flavor), or would they be hindered by the emitter of the CE4??

TIA!!
post #102 of 129 Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterp7 View Post

Interesting! I need a little clarity on this matter. I own an '09 mitsu, that, as you know, has no ability to stop the DLP Flash. If the CE4's are blocking it successfully, could I still incorporate (simultaneously) the UC DLP Link glasses (or any other DLP Link flavor), or would they be hindered by the emitter of the CE4??

TIA!!

You'll be fine as long as the revere / standard mode matches up. I can run the mitsubishi emitter and dlp link glasses at the same time.
post #103 of 129 Old 03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
For the record 3DTVCorp sells a Gen2 Universal Emitter that works with Mits/Samsung/and CrystalEyes glasses. The emitter is sold alone on amazon and ebay for under a hundred bucks. This emitter has a reverse polarity feature so that even if the glasses do not reverse sync the emitter does.

This way you could use DLP Link glasses along with CE4 glasses with no problem.
post #104 of 129 Old 03-11-2011, 07:39 AM

Hey breezed thru this thread pretty quickly and didn't see a comment on this...maybe I missed it but I'll ask anyway.

Has anyone tried these glasses with prescription glasses on? I ordered the UltraClear DLP Link glasses and they fall off of my wife's face because of her prescription glasses. I'm looking for a pair of DLP Link glasses that will fit comfortably over her eye glasses....can anyone rate these with prescription glasses use or recommend the best set of glasses?
post #105 of 129 Old 03-11-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntortiz8809 View Post

Hey breezed thru this thread pretty quickly and didn't see a comment on this...maybe I missed it but I'll ask anyway.

Has anyone tried these glasses with prescription glasses on? I ordered the UltraClear DLP Link glasses and they fall off of my wife's face because of her prescription glasses. I'm looking for a pair of DLP Link glasses that will fit comfortably over her eye glasses....can anyone rate these with prescription glasses use or recommend the best set of glasses?

I'm not sure about the CE5's, but the Xpand X102's are pretty comfortable to wear with prescription glasses.

post #106 of 129 Old 03-11-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

I'm not sure about the CE5's, but the Xpand X102's are pretty comfortable to wear with prescription glasses.

Thanks, I considered the 102's but I don't like what I'm hearing/reading about the battery issue. I'm sure I could just order a bunch in advance but if the life of the battery is short, I know I'll get annoyed quickly by having to constantly change it.
post #107 of 129 Old 03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, I considered the 102's but I don't like what I'm hearing/reading about the battery issue. I'm sure I could just order a bunch in advance but if the life of the battery is short, I know I'll get annoyed quickly by having to constantly change it.
The battery lasts about 40-60 hours of use. I purchase the batteries in 5-packs now.

post #108 of 129 Old 03-11-2011, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

I wear CE5s over prescription glasses and works fine for me. I've also had friends over who wore glasses with the CE5s and they didn't have any trouble.
post #109 of 129 Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeArms24 View Post

You'll be fine as long as the revere / standard mode matches up. I can run the mitsubishi emitter and dlp link glasses at the same time.

The CE5s work fine for me with the Mits emitter also functioning. I don't have an inverter for the emitter yet so have to wear the emitter glasses upside down.

MikeArms, are you using an inverter with your emitter or are you using dlp glasses with a reversable sync such as Viewsonics? I would like to find a cheap inverter or else I'll build one. The only one I've found so far is $60.
post #110 of 129 Old 03-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
After getting Killzone 3 and attempting to play it in 3D on my 73833 mits, I started to remember how the Mits/Sammy glasses just didn't cut it with dark scenes. Sort of ignored for months how it washed out blacks.

So I read around AVS on solutions and it seemed agreed on that the CE5s were the best choice. So I ordered some about 3 weeks ago. Got them this morning.

I am needless to say... AMAZED!
I only got to spend a few minutes with them because the battery needs to be charged, but wow!

Blacks are actually black again! Colors don't feel washed out or faded. I did several A/B comparisons with the mits glasses and there's no comparison. It's like $1 store junk vs $175 high quality 3D glasses! I will likely invest in another pair when I can afford it.

Another AVS forum win! ^^
post #111 of 129 Old 03-14-2011, 03:10 PM

OK, so question.

I sit about 11~13 ft away from the screen at a pretty much straight on angle.

I notice the CE5s are losing sync or doing something where the color of the whole screen tints a single color. Seen a red-pink or two, but mostly yellowish green. Lasts for a few seconds then goes back to normal.

I haven't be able to narrow it down to anything in particular.

I watched a few minutes of the free 3D bit on cable, Haunted Castle. It did it quite often. I could clearly see two different images as if I wasn't wearing the glasses, but there was unusual color tinting when it lost sync. Almost as if watching an anaglyph 3d.

So I tried a few minutes of Ice Age 3. Played fine without any issue.

Then I switched on Coraline, and it started doing the same thing.

As far as I can tell it has to do with darker scenes. I turned off the lights in the room and blacked out the window as I read lighting can have an issue. Played with brightness, color, contrast, but can't seem to do anything about it. Sometimes the glasses lose sync entirely.

Added notes -

Well, I contacted RealD, and got 2 responses, haven't heard back from them since. After playing around with the, I can reproduce the problem in various scenes. I also pulled up a chair and sat closer. At 9ft or less I appear to have no sync issues. Seeing as how i can reproduce the problem in various scenes of a couple of 3D films I've been experimenting with. Really not looking to push the couch a few feet closer as not only screws around with optimal distance for the TV, but would crowd the coffee table and kinect play space >.> Time to report the distance issue to RealD. Maybe they can fix this!
post #112 of 129 Old 03-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
How big is your screen?
post #113 of 129 Old 03-15-2011, 03:40 PM

73"

Sitting anything less than 10ft away feels too close. Almost feels front row at the movie theater where I prefer a spot as much in the middle as possible.

Measurements are a little rounded off but
between TV stand and the table about 4ft distance
between the table and the couch about 20 inches
distance from the TV stand to the front of the couch 9.5ft (so 11.5ft viewing distance centered)
distance from the rear speakers to the back of the couch 6.5ft

Even sitting on the edge of the couch leaning forward the glasses lose sync. So I'd say right around 8ft or so they maintain sync it seems. Also noted to RealD that there's miscoloring in parts of the front sensor. Sort of like what you expect to see on a CD/DVD disc that isn't sealed properly. Looking at it dead on you really don't notice it, but under light parts of it are clearly miscolored.

edit note 3/17/11 -
Still no reply from RealD... Haven't gotten a reply since Monday evening.
post #114 of 129 Old 03-19-2011, 02:03 PM

So I watched Alice in Wonderland on Starz 3D. I lost sync every 5~10 minutes sitting at on the floor against the couch (so 9~9.5ft away), most of the time on any scenes remotely dark (and it's a dark movie).

For you Mitsu owners, my settings are

Bulb: bright
mode: game (also tried on bright)
Contrast: 63
Color: 63
Brightness: 45 (gets too washed out beyond that)

Wrote again to RealD since I haven't heard a reply from them since Monday evening.

Posting a pic of the miscoloring in the sensor I mentioned. Considering they operate on light, I imagine it's possible if the light is distorted by that, it could be the source of the problem.

Guess I'm stuck with the lousy mitsu IR glasses from the 3da adapter kit for now.

Edit: 3/23/11
Contacted their RMA dept, and will be sending them back for replacement.
LL
LL
post #115 of 129 Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 PM

[quote=Zapix;20175198]So I watched Alice in Wonderland on Starz 3D. I lost sync every 5~10 minutes sitting at on the floor against the couch (so 9~9.5ft away), most of the time on any scenes remotely dark (and it's a dark movie).

Have you had issues with any other DLP Link glasses? Also, how old is your TV and have you changed the bulb? Hopefully a new pair of CE5s will fix it for you but if not, I wonder if your bulb might be weak due to age.
post #116 of 129 Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Hi,

I currently owned UC DLP-Link glasses and I had a slight issue in color shift and slight light leakage at corners of the lens.

The color shift issue is viewable if your eyes is looking slightly up of the lens, the color shift to slightly green. If I eyes looking down, I can see color shift to slight red. An all white test pattern will show clearly that the top and bottom had a slight shift in color from slightly green to red.

As for light leakage, If you have a all black test pattern, you will see at all four corners, the black is slightly lighter as the LCD doesn't block black as good as in the center of the lens.

Does the RealD crystal eyes 5 show any similar characteristic? I don't mind spending a bit more for a perfect glasses but need a confirmation that it solved the issue I'm facing.

Thanks in advance.
post #117 of 129 Old 04-18-2011, 01:58 PM

I can verify the CE5 eliminate the color shifting of the UC's, as I own both. Dunno about the the light leakage as I haven't looked at any patterns but contrast is definitely higher with the CE5's
post #118 of 129 Old 04-18-2011, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

I can verify the CE5 eliminate the color shifting of the UC's, as I own both. Dunno about the the light leakage as I haven't looked at any patterns but contrast is definitely higher with the CE5's

Best place (Cheapest ) to order these ?

Thanks

73" Mits DLP
Panasonic AE4000 Projector
post #119 of 129 Old 04-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

No ebay or amazon. You can order directly from RealD. For my case it's quite expensive as including shipping it would be close to USD 200 per glasses.
post #120 of 129 Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Do you encounter sync issue with CE5? I read most of the complain is when using DLP TV and the distance is more than 8 feet. I'm using an Acer H5360BD projector projected on 114" screen. Sitting distance is 10 ft. With UC DLP-Link, I never encounter sync issue.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page