post #121 of 129 Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

No ebay or amazon. You can order directly from RealD. For my case it's quite expensive as including shipping it would be close to USD 200 per glasses.

Thanks

I just ordered a cheapo pair of DLP ultra Clear for now and will decide after they arrive if I should get the CE4 's with emitter or the DLP CE5's.

Also looking at other glasses . I rather IR glasses but I'll give the cheaper DLP glasses a go before deciding on expensive 3d glasses.

Too much research for 3d glasses is driving me nutso and now in information overload

Sometimes you just need to step away and take in the air

See My AVS Classified Ad .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 Old 04-25-2011, 04:19 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapix View Post

So I watched Alice in Wonderland on Starz 3D. I lost sync every 5~10 minutes sitting at on the floor against the couch (so 9~9.5ft away), most of the time on any scenes remotely dark (and it's a dark movie).

For you Mitsu owners, my settings are

Bulb: bright
mode: game (also tried on bright)
Contrast: 63
Color: 63
Brightness: 45 (gets too washed out beyond that)

Wrote again to RealD since I haven't heard a reply from them since Monday evening.

Posting a pic of the miscoloring in the sensor I mentioned. Considering they operate on light, I imagine it's possible if the light is distorted by that, it could be the source of the problem.

Guess I'm stuck with the lousy mitsu IR glasses from the 3da adapter kit for now.

Edit: 3/23/11
Contacted their RMA dept, and will be sending them back for replacement.

Did the replacement glasses work?
Im having similar issues and sit 8-10 feet away from a mitsubishi 65-838. I have optoma glasses and they work fine.
Ive begin email exchange with Reald to solve the problem or get an rma.
Edit: I was watching Tangled 3D on FIOS, the dark scenes are when the REALD glasses fail. The TV setting is on bright mode. Optoma DLP link glasses worked fine the whole time (at the same time) as I used the REALD glasses.
post #123 of 129 Old 04-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
FINALLY just got the glasses back today. Nearly a month (I sent them 3/30, they arrived on 4/5, returned 4/28). Personally I will avoid RealD in the future because of it. They're... Well, their customer care end is flakey is about as kind as I can put it.

On that note, the problem still remains. The glasses don't even look changed. I can't even be sure if they did anything to them to be honest. The issue I brought up to them with the sensor looking damaged still looks damaged.

@jjknatl, it's a 73833 that I got in Sept 2007, but I replaced the bulb this time last year when it blew. Seems to me the issue is with the RealD glasses as it appears to be a mass produced issue all with the same traits.

They're perfect at a range of 8ft, but that is unacceptable nor doable. It seems the direction to look in at this point is either optomas or ultra clears, and I'm leaning to ultra clears. I would probably consider Xpand if they didn't require a special battery.

All in all, the RealD "experience" has been anything but a good time.
-Glasses that don't work well at a distance beyond 8ft
-Slow if not completely unresponsive customer service
-Had to pay for shipping back to RealD via FedEx... They don't pay for it. ($11)

If anyone DOES contact RealD, I highly suggest contacting Sandee at rma@reald.com if you want to get anywhere with it. Don't even bother with their support address, I don't think they pay attention or even care.
post #124 of 129 Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 PM

Im getting my tv on monday (6/1/11). i have some optimos im gonna try with it first. im going to sit about 9-10 feet from screen. my tv will be the 82738 mitsu. any body else haveing sync issues with theres.
post #125 of 129 Old 08-12-2011, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

I've had these glasses for over 6 months now and am beginnig to have sync problems as well, which is correlating to the bulb in my 73738 getting dimmer. I have a new bulb ready to go, but I'm trying to get as much as I can out of my original.

From what I understand, these glasses have a filter over the sensor which keeps ambient light from interfering with the signal. I think this filter also makes the glasses require a brighter display to maintain sync. Since I don't watch movies with any ambient light anyway, I'm considering a way to get rid of this filter. Has anyone attempted this or know how to go about it?
post #126 of 129 Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Well I finally decided to put my new bulb in and it fixed the problem. I no longer lose sync with the glasses. It's unfortunate they won't work with a bulb with a lot of hours (I probably had 5-6k hours on it), but I guess that's the price you have to pay for the best 3D glasses.
post #127 of 129 Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
If they were the "best" bulb life wouldn't be an issue. Just sayin
post #128 of 129 Old 09-05-2011, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

As far as picture quality is concerned, they are the best currently available. Bulb brightness is only an issue because of the filter which allows you to use them with ambient light. I don't generally watch movies with any light, but for some people that might be a good thing. If anything, it's a decent indicator as to when you should replace your bulb.
post #129 of 129 Old 09-06-2011, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Better then MonsterVision glasses? They should be comparable in quality. Plus the monster glasses use RF so I'd think the sync would be 1000x better with no need to replace a dim bulb. I see a ton of complaints about these glasses and DLP link syncing.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page