TiVO and 3D questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 12-06-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have the TiVO Premire and have Time Warner cable service and called TW about ESPN3D. It is being offered but they couldn't add it to my service because I am not using a TW HD box. Are there any TiVO users out there that are getting ESPN3D? If so, what cable service do you use?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-06-2010, 04:01 PM

I have a Tivo Premiere (regular one, NOT the XL) and it works fine with ESPN3D provided by Comcast.

EDIT: I just have to manually set my TV to Top/Bottom 3D mode.
post #3 of 10 Old 12-07-2010, 06:40 AM

I have a TiVo Premier and Comcast also. I receive Comcast 3D and ESPN3D on all of my Comcast boxes but only the Comcast 3D channel on the Premier. I receive no signal for ESPN3D on the Premier. Calls to Comcast customer service only suggest a technician to visit. To avoid that I have to hook up the Comcast box to replace the TiVo when something is on ESPN3D.
post #4 of 10 Old 12-07-2010, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUIDWARD360 View Post

I have a TiVo Premier and Comcast also. I receive Comcast 3D and ESPN3D on all of my Comcast boxes but only the Comcast 3D channel on the Premier. I receive no signal for ESPN3D on the Premier. Calls to Comcast customer service only suggest a technician to visit. To avoid that I have to hook up the Comcast box to replace the TiVo when something is on ESPN3D.

Thanks all apparently the issue is on TW. They don't have a way to enable the service unless you have a HD box on your account. Makes no damn sense to me. Just turn it on, it's really not that hard.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-14-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Got a new Samsung set top box from Time Warner for ESPN 3D. Hooked it up and of course works and I can see the ESPN 3D logo. Swapped it out for my TiVO Premier box and no dice, ESPN channel does not show up. I guess I am going to keep the TW box and just use it when there is something in 3D to watch. Darn it. I just can't part with the TiVO, my wife threatened to drop kick the TW box into the woods after trying to use their DVR!
post #6 of 10 Old 01-01-2011, 06:32 PM

I also have TiVo and time Warner and got the run around from them when trying to activate espn 3d. If it works with comcast how can they not be able to offer it. They also charge 10$ a months for the channel when I read that comcast offered it for free. Wish I had options that kept my TiVo service intact.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-02-2011, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvacva View Post

I also have TiVo and time Warner and got the run around from them when trying to activate espn 3d. If it works with comcast how can they not be able to offer it. They also charge 10$ a months for the channel when I read that comcast offered it for free. Wish I had options that kept my TiVo service intact.

I agree I have to use both boxes and I watched the football game last night which had tons of noise and was unwatchable. Need to call TW and complain. Very frustrating.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 AM

I'm in the same boat. TW customer, tivo premier box. I just ordered ESPN 3D (for the 2nd time). When I get home tonight we'll see if I get the channel. I doubt it. Then I'll have to try and figure out what the trouble is, with no help from Time Warner (they do as little as possible to help tivo customers) and no help from tivo (who, surprisingly, seems as ignorant about these issues as anyone else). I'm very frustrated that this is the state of play in March 2011, a year after 3 D sets started being sold in volume, but there it is.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I have Comcast and a TiVo HD. The channels work fine for me. I did have to call to get them activated, and it came on as I was talking to the rep.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 497
I realize this is an old thread but with Tivo now having MPEG-4 capability anyone sucessfully get ESPN3d on Time Warner added ? The Olympic special broadcast channel is showing up for me in SBS format.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page