post #361 of 593 Old 03-04-2011, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manchild View Post

I ordered 4 pairs of the Ultra-Clear DLP LINK Wireless 3D Glasses. They arrived today and upon opening the glasses they say Ultra-Clear HD on the side and do not say DLP LINK. .....

Next time look up!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post20066346

Same thing happened to me. The glasses and bag say Ultra Clear HD, but they are in fact DLP Link glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 593 Old 03-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I just got my glasses

But i dont understand how they work

When i press the power button, are the shades suppose to dark?

I went into tv settings turned 3D & dlp link on

But in the glasses the image still looks like theres 2 screens side by side is not one

I have the mitsubishi 3d adapter

In the 3D adapter remote when i press the 3D button screen changes like side by side or normal one picture

But i played a couple of movies like avatar half sbs but i didnt see any effects

I pressed the power button on the glasses until the lenses went black, is that how it is?
post #363 of 593 Old 03-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

I just got my glasses

But i dont understand how they work

When i press the power button, are the shades suppose to dark?

I went into tv settings turned 3D & dlp link on

But in the glasses the image still looks like theres 2 screens side by side is not one

I have the mitsubishi 3d adapter

In the 3D adapter remote when i press the 3D button screen changes like side by side or normal one picture

But i played a couple of movies like avatar half sbs but i didnt see any effects

I pressed the power button on the glasses until the lenses went black, is that how it is?

On the adapter you must choose the type of 3D you are viewing. If your source is Side by Side then choose the side by side icon's on your adapter. This should merge the two images into one. If you see two side by side images then your adapter has not converted them yet, The glasses do not do that part of the conversion.

ASUS Formula III Rampage MB
Intel I7 960 CPU ATI 5850
12GB RAM 58TB Storage
Windows 7 Ultra 64 Bit
Arcsoft TMT5, Ceton Infinity4
Onkyo 5008 to Samsung HL67A750
post #364 of 593 Old 03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhetman View Post

On the adapter you must choose the type of 3D you are viewing. If your source is Side by Side then choose the side by side icon's on your adapter. This should merge the two images into one. If you see two side by side images then your adapter has not converted them yet, The glasses do not do that part of the conversion.

Ok i got that part

But are the shades suppose to turn dark? Or clear

Cause when there dark , the picture is not so bright

Like i read about the movie monsters and aliens and people sayd in the beginning of the movie theres a scene where the ball pops out

But i dont see that effect it looks normal

Also in avatar, nothing pops out
post #365 of 593 Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

I think i got the hang of it

But the picture looks too dark sometimes i have to put contrast & brightness all the way up

But im not getting that wow factor, maybe i need contacts lenses I dont know

But the picture does have more depth
post #366 of 593 Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think i got the hang of it

But the picture looks too dark sometimes i have to put contrast & brightness all the way up

But im not getting that wow factor, maybe i need contacts lenses I dont know

But the picture does have more depth
Have you made sure that the TV is in the right 3D mode? For these glasses on my set I have to press the 3D button twice for INV mode - or Mode 2. In normal 3D mode the sync is reversed for IR glasses and the 3D doesn't look right.

An easy test is to flip your glasses and wear them upside down while your watching something. If it looks better then turn them back around and switch the 3D mode on your set.
post #367 of 593 Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

Have you made sure that the TV is in the right 3D mode? For these glasses on my set I have to press the 3D button twice for INV mode - or Mode 2. In normal 3D mode the sync is reversed for IR glasses and the 3D doesn't look right.

An easy test is to flip your glasses and wear them upside down while your watching something. If it looks better then turn them back around and switch the 3D mode on your set.

I selected the mode that says Left & Right

In that mode the picture merged into one

In the other modes , theres 2 pictures side by side or is upside down

But the glasses have to go dark in order to work right?
post #368 of 593 Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtopor View Post

I ordered my 3 pairs of DLP link glasses on 4 of february and they shiped them on 9th,
though Carl responded and said they were already sent on 7.02.2011.
They did throw a few spare batteries though.
Glasses work perfect with my 120Hz Acer H5360 720p DLP projector. No
gosting, I mean ZERO. I have 106" screen and Avatar looks gorgeous, just
like in RealD theater. When I wathced Avatar on 58" plasma in 3D, everything looked like small people in aquarium. Guys if you want real 3D go for projector
its head and shoulders above all those 60-65 inchers.

How do you know when they ship,I can't check my account?
Getting worried!!!!
post #369 of 593 Old 03-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbus View Post

How do you know when they ship,I can't check my account?
Getting worried!!!!

You get an email with a link to a yahoo page that has a tracking number

I got 2 emails when i made the order & when it shipped
post #370 of 593 Old 03-09-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:

You get an email with a link to a yahoo page that has a tracking number

I got 2 emails when i made the order & when it shipped

Ordered 3 pairs 3 days ago,paid with pay pal ,no emails,no word!
post #371 of 593 Old 03-09-2011, 06:34 AM

Apparently there is a difference when you use paypal verus their online checkout. I ordered 4 pairs of glasses yesterday through their checkout system and got a confirmation email and then an item shipped email within an hour. I also exchanged emails with Carl on Monday and he responded within a couple hours. You should email him again to see what the status is. They definitely have the DLP Link glasses in stock.
post #372 of 593 Old 03-09-2011, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I've ordered with them and paid through paypal on Feb. 18, 2011 22:23:32 PST. The email from paypal confirming my purchase came on Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:23 AM. The email from Ultimate 3D Heaven with shipping info came on Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:23 AM.

Check your spam, the email subject is "order yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx from Yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" (I removed the numbers and replaced them with x)
post #373 of 593 Old 03-09-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msusparty View Post

Apparently there is a difference when you use paypal verus their online checkout. I ordered 4 pairs of glasses yesterday through their checkout system and got a confirmation email and then an item shipped email within an hour. I also exchanged emails with Carl on Monday and he responded within a couple hours. You should email him again to see what the status is. They definitely have the DLP Link glasses in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

I've ordered with them and paid through paypal on Feb. 18, 2011 22:23:32 PST. The email from paypal confirming my purchase came on Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:23 AM. The email from Ultimate 3D Heaven with shipping info came on Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:23 AM.

Check your spam, the email subject is "order yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx from Yhst-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" (I removed the numbers and replaced them with
x)

Cheers,I'm in Ireland so a long way off,if you think that there is nothing to worry about then ok,il keep an eye on the spam filters!
post #374 of 593 Old 03-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbus View Post

Cheers,I'm in Ireland so a long way off,if you think that there is nothing to worry about then ok,il keep an eye on the spam filters!

Just got reply from Carl ,everything seems ok,thanks for your help,will let you know how the glasses work!
post #375 of 593 Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 PM

Maybe someone can help me out. I've read through this thread and a few others about the Ultra Clear DLP link glasses and after combing through everything I decided to give them a try. Ordering was easy and they arrived rather quickly. However, I'm getting nothing in the way of 3D effects. Not even the slightest bit of added depth.

I'm completely new to the realm of 3d viewing and how everything works but I'm unsure if the glasses are even working correclty.

When they are turned on and the TV is in 3D mode with DLP selected then glasses go dark and then one lens stays dark the entire time. Switching the TV to reverse the signal just darkens the other lens and brightens the one that was dark before. Is this the sync issue I'm reading about and if so how can I correct this to get them to work? Or is this just a bad set of glasses. Both pairs I ordered do the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
post #376 of 593 Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Do these work over regular glasses?

Can you wear these 3D glasses over regular glasses
post #377 of 593 Old 03-10-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:

Do these work over regular glasses?

Can you wear these 3D glasses over regular glasses

I wear glasses and have no problem with my ultra clears or optomas. The ultra clears are quite comfortable even over RX glasses
post #378 of 593 Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwoo38 View Post

Maybe someone can help me out. I've read through this thread and a few others about the Ultra Clear DLP link glasses and after combing through everything I decided to give them a try. Ordering was easy and they arrived rather quickly. However, I'm getting nothing in the way of 3D effects. Not even the slightest bit of added depth.

I'm completely new to the realm of 3d viewing and how everything works but I'm unsure if the glasses are even working correclty.

When they are turned on and the TV is in 3D mode with DLP selected then glasses go dark and then one lens stays dark the entire time. Switching the TV to reverse the signal just darkens the other lens and brightens the one that was dark before. Is this the sync issue I'm reading about and if so how can I correct this to get them to work? Or is this just a bad set of glasses. Both pairs I ordered do the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

I have just received Ultra Clear DLP Link glasses and they are working great .. What's you set up? Source .. DVD or Cable/Sat? What kind of TV?

I have a Mits WD 73737 DLP set and a Panasonic DMP-BDT100 DVD player. This player outputs checkerboard format 3d signals whihc is what the Mits DLP sets are designed to receive (You need an adapter for other 3d formats). I turn on 3d on my TV and select inverse for the glasses. Once the glasses are turned on (little button on left arm) and you look toward the screen (to receive the sync signal) they work great.
post #379 of 593 Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 AM

Sounds like you may have a problem with source type. You need to check the output format of your source and make sure the TV is set to receive that format (Side by Side, checkerboard, etc.)
Also confirm DLP is turned on on yout TV set.
post #380 of 593 Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 AM

I wera them over a pair of progressive lens. My frames are relatively small and have no probem. It's a trade off .. The Ultra Clear are nice light galsses that are not too geeky looking but if you wear "Big" glasses, they might not fit well over them. Some of the other glasses are bigger and will accomodate corrective glasses but the "Geek Factor" is way higher :-)
post #381 of 593 Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darelian View Post

I have just received Ultra Clear DLP Link glasses and they are working great .. What's you set up? Source .. DVD or Cable/Sat? What kind of TV?

I have a Mits WD 73737 DLP set and a Panasonic DMP-BDT100 DVD player. This player outputs checkerboard format 3d signals whihc is what the Mits DLP sets are designed to receive (You need an adapter for other 3d formats). I turn on 3d on my TV and select inverse for the glasses. Once the glasses are turned on (little button on left arm) and you look toward the screen (to receive the sync signal) they work great.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may have figured out the problem. Apparently the converter box from the cable company is not able to transmit 3D even though they said it was when I switched it out. Now I just have to wait until they get more in stock.
post #382 of 593 Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 AM

Has anyone found any pair of these cheaper then $60.00 want to pick up two for guests. Thanks!
post #383 of 593 Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenstylus1 View Post

Has anyone found any pair of these cheaper then $60.00 want to pick up two for guests. Thanks!

Only on Ebay, the set is old and terrible looking, and you need an emitter to use them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3D-LCD-WIRELESS-...item255a73241a

Ive seen plenty of Optoma ZD101s on there also, but for that price you will not be able to buy-it-now and they will most likely be a used/refurbished set.

That price range is simply not that feasible at this time. The UC's are the best bang for the buck.

If you like Star Trek NG -
http://ultimate3dheaven.com/xhapa.html
post #384 of 593 Old 03-16-2011, 03:54 PM

Ordered six pair yesterday. Hope they are as good as they have been made out to be!
post #385 of 593 Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwoo38 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I think I may have figured out the problem. Apparently the converter box from the cable company is not able to transmit 3D even though they said it was when I switched it out. Now I just have to wait until they get more in stock.

I just wanted to post an update after getting my setup corrected. Using a Mitsubishi 65738 these glasses worked great even in the daytime with heavy light. I did lose sync once and a while but nothing prolonged or problematic. For the price I'm highly impressed.
post #386 of 593 Old 03-18-2011, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I just noticed these are now available on amazon (for about $5 more, including shipping), in case anyone is more comfortable ordering through them.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate3DHeav.../dp/B004RBV2J6

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #387 of 593 Old 03-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

I just noticed these are now available on amazon (for about $5 more, including shipping), in case anyone is more comfortable ordering through them.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate3DHeav.../dp/B004RBV2J6

Nice find, I like that they're shipped by Amazon, great for Prime members.
post #388 of 593 Old 03-18-2011, 11:13 AM

Just ordered a set of two of these earlier this week, shipping took about 2 days. After reading about some problems and shaky ordering/delivery process it's good to see my experience has gone great. They work perfectly in my set up of a 65C9 and the basic adapter I got off ebay for $60 since all the new 2010 owners are gutting their starter packs. They synced instantly and I have had no issues with them disconnecting. The build quality is nice but as with most electronic components I would want the kids to handle them without supervison. Now all I need is content, sure wish netflix would add 3d to there library.
post #389 of 593 Old 03-18-2011, 04:11 PM

Just got them, love them. wish I would have bought them 1st. Could have saved some money but oh well lesson learned. I'll be buying these from now on.
post #390 of 593 Old 03-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Just received my 1st pair of UCs. Not an expert by any means, but so far I can't see why anyone would spend $175 on a pair of glasses when you could get these $65 shipped. After figuring out that the TV doesn't save the settings when switching between inputs these glasses worked great! I have a Mits. 60738 and a PS3. Played NBA 2K11, watched Tangled Blu-ray 3D, and a DVR recording of a basketball game on ESPN3D. All looked great and they never lost sync. It's only been a day but I am ordering 3 more pair of these.

btw I ordered mine directly from the website and had no problems. Save yourself $10 a pair and order from Ultimate 3D heaven instead of Amazon.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page