AVS Forum banner

Ultra-Clear DLP Glasses for Under $60

76K views 592 replies 138 participants last post by  RLBURNSIDE 
#1 ·

EDIT: Now under $40.00 (7/2012)

Edit: Now under $50.00!
(04/17/11)

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/uldlpliwi3dg.html

These have been available for pre-order for awhile now, but I was waiting to see the reviews on their IR glasses before posting. The IR glasses seem to be getting favorable reviews.

EDIT: preorder period now over

If you get these, please post your thoughts. It would be interesting to see how they compare with other brands, such as Optoma, Viewsonic, and XpanD.

See less See more
#27 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesstim /forum/post/19632273

They have the exact same glasses but aren't DLP Link. Would it be better to just get those and a IR emitter?

The matching IR emitter is over $100 at Tru3D.com, and currently unavailable at Mits parts. If you're trying to save money, get the DLP-Link glasses.

#28 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle /forum/post/19625453

Minimum order 100 at that website. I don't think I have that many friends.

great links and confirmed that the Ultra Clear Heaven glasses are the same chinese that these links have

The below link has minmiumorder of 100 with USD $25-$30, if we got a bulk avsforum order going we can all save

http://getteks.en.alibaba.com/produc...projector.html

#29 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle /forum/post/19627853

The left eye sees the image intended for the right eye, and the right eye sees the image intended for the left eye. The picture looks like icester described.

Thanks to both you and icester. So the L/R switch on the projector, remote, glasses takes care of that? No problem then.

#30 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmanias
Bummer about not being able to switc mode like the Viewsonics. Still, if they don't have the rainbows/color banding, these would be nice to have. Someone posted a device that switces the L/R for $60 that would allow these to be used alongside the Mits glasses.
This was posted by someone else in another thread a while back, but you can address this problem by using an in-line inverter in the path from the TV (or 3D adapter) to the emitter. So, you set the TV to reverse which allows the DLP glasses to work, and the inverter allows the IR glasses to also sync properly.

I'll be using this technique so that my kids can continue to use their Samsung kids glasses while I use my CE5s that should be here any day now.

http://www.3dflightsim.com/product/product_01.htm

#31 ·
I know the website says shipping 12/21 but i got a response from the rep and he says ready to ship now DLP LINK

Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:54:56 -0800

Subject: Re: sales

To: kernal69er@hotmail.com

Hello,

Sure thing, I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Our Ultra-Clear line is designed for adults however they are super light weight so children can use them as well. It appears if your projector does DLP link you can use the DLP link glasses or if it does not it appears that you would want to go with an IR transmitter based then plugged directly into their unit. We have either in stock ready to ship.

We offer a low flat rate for S&H only $24 even if you order 100 items. Typically the best way to pay low customs is to simply put a note in the note section for us to enter a value of $14 each and we would be happy to do so.

If you have any other questions or if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

Thanks, Carl

#33 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajaga007 /forum/post/19638498

Will these glasses work on the optoma hd66 with 3d going through the popcorn hour in sbs mkv

as per the website persons response YES

I have the HD66 but i will be using WDTV Live SBS

Thinking of ordering some ....... but can any users who currently have the Emitter UltraClears comment on the style/ Comfort / image / 3D effect/ Brightness

#34 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark /forum/post/19638508

Thinking of ordering some ....... but can any users who currently have the Emitter UltraClears comment on the style/ Comfort / image / 3D effect/ Brightness

Cool, I don't know why i find this whole 3d thing so confusing, I wish they would just make a 3d standard and stick with it.

Do you know how the sbs works with the media players.

#36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark /forum/post/19638508

That is not going to work at all.

WDTV does not output 120 Hz frame sequential stereoscopic content.

You need 3D-XL box to make it work and IR glasses with IR transmitter that plugs to 3D-XL's VESA Port.

Mathew Orman

#37 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark /forum/post/19638371

I know the website says shipping 12/21 but i got a response from the rep and he says ready to ship now DLP LINK

Hello,

Sure thing, I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Our Ultra-Clear line is designed for adults however they are super light weight so children can use them as well. It appears if your projector does DLP link you can use the DLP link glasses or if it does not it appears that you would want to go with an IR transmitter based then plugged directly into their unit. We have either in stock ready to ship.

We offer a low flat rate for S&H only $24 even if you order 100 items. Typically the best way to pay low customs is to simply put a note in the note section for us to enter a value of $14 each and we would be happy to do so.

If you have any other questions or if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

Thanks, Carl

$24 shipping? Are you outside of the U.S.? Shipping to me would be $4.95

#38 ·
#41 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajaga007 /forum/post/19643074

Are you sure you need 3D-XL adapter when you are watching 3d from a popcorn hour, because isn't all of the popcorn hours hdmi 1.3?

yes the popcorn hour and wdtv live are both hdmi 1.3 so both cannot play BLURAY 3D ISO's but they can play Bluray rips SBS or O/U if you have the 3D-XL adapter or use a HTPC without adapter

#42 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark /forum/post/19632636

great links and confirmed that the Ultra Clear Heaven glasses are the same chinese that these links have

The below link has minmiumorder of 100 with USD $25-$30, if we got a bulk avsforum order going we can all save

http://getteks.en.alibaba.com/produc...projector.html

So i sent a request about buying only 3 glasses and sure enough the seller repsonded and said no problem .... great news .. so the above link where the sellers say "quantity 100 pieces" is not try at all if you contact them

Dear Ian,

Thanks a lot for your inquiry on our 3D Shutter Glasses for projectors.

We have one new model V6100 can be used to all 120Hz 3D devices, including projectors, monitors, etc.

I have attached the details of it for your reference, pls kindly check.

Before the quotation, could you pls comment you need the glasses for private use or resale?

If for the latter, could you pls share me some info about your company or shop?

Order 3 pairs ship to Canada is Ok for us.

Any more questions, pls do let me know.

Hope a nice cooperation with you and look forward to hear from you soon.

here is the link to the glasses
http://leagend.en.alibaba.com/produc...chnology_.html

#45 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark

Hello,

Thanks, Carl
I emailed the guy and he said they are taking preorders and they won't be in stock until the 21st.

#49 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajaga007 /forum/post/19698060

Any news on the quality of these glasses compared to other brands such as xpands, optoma, monster ect.

I think I might order 3 pairs beginning of next month.

I read the other thread about the Ultra-Clears IR glasses, same design. And all users have given them positive reviews and compared them to Samsungs and XPanDs

read this thread and make your decision.. i did and ended up ordering 4 pairs and they come with free batteries and a magic forest 3D movie (just as Carl when you make your order) Don't forget each additional pair ofglassesate $10 off, so first pair are $59.99 second $49.99 etc...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1285791

#50 ·
So can I pop in and ask if you have a Mits WD 60C10 you can use checkerboard but NOT The other 3D formats? And if you have the panny 3D bdt 100 it outputs in checkerboard, so DLP link glasses like these will work fine? How is the quality on checkerboard using DLP on a mits? We'd still need the adapter though right? To get access to 3D from the cable company? Thanks in advance for the advice and comments.

#51 ·
With the 60c10 you can use frame sequential or checkerboard drirectly with any other formats you need the adapter which converts them to checkerboard. Yes to get 3D from your cable comany you one of the DVR boxes that supports 3D and you will probably need to pay extra for the 3D progaming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.