Ultra-Clear DLP Glasses for Under $60 - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2011, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
The ones listed from ebay are sold by 3DTVCorp. I've had some wonderful experiences with that company. The UC from Ultimate have also worked out great for me. I prefer normal battery glasses. The batteries cost about a dollar and are easily swapped. They last forever too. If the rechargeable dies mid-movie (or while gaming) you have a nice 2-3 hour wait while they charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
They flash when they only have 2 hours left so it shouldn't happen mid movie. I don't mind batteries either, but the more important thing is they are lighter and have nice changeable rubber nosepieces so they are more comfortable. I always have extra glasses in case they aren't ready to go.
It was pretty funny the first time when I was charging all 6 of them at once. I had to use my ps3 and computer both to get enough usb ports.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The nice thing is they have a reverse polarity switch, good for those that have the Mits/Sammy glasses. I wonder if they also have the polarization rainbows, maybe they fixed that.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

Looks like the same ultraclear glasses, but a rechargable version for dlp link, which is good news. If you are getting dlp link I imagine these would be the way to go.

I don't know if I'd say these would be the way to go. That's a lot of money just to have the rechargeable ones. $108 will buy a LOT of batteries. I definitely wouldn't invest in a set of 4. They don't really look much like the Ultra Clears either, so I wouldn't make any assumptions on quality. At that price you could just get the Monsters.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Mounta1n - I think you misread the price. For $158 you are getting THREE sets of glasses, not one. So the price is almost identical to the UC glasses.

As for the look vs UC glasses, they look (a little) like the UC IR set that is rechargeable, not the DLP ones:
http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/adult.html
Old 08-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

Mounta1n - I think you misread the price. For $158 you are getting THREE sets of glasses, not one. So the price is almost identical to the UC glasses.

As for the look vs UC glasses, they look (a little) like the UC IR set that is rechargeable, not the DLP ones:
http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/adult.html

That would be a 10-4, good buddy. I definitely did not notice that it was for three sets. We don't know if they are actually lighter than the Ultra Clears, but at least the pricing is reasonable.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 PM

I have a 3DA-1 with no glasses & no IR emitter.I'm going to build a HTPC and was wondering if PowerDVD11, TotalMedia Theater 5, Stereoscopic Player, Nvidia Vision, DDD Tridef and if I'm missing any other 3D program,player & 3D Blu-Ray player I would want or need, work with the Ultra Clear DLP Link glasses or do I need the IR version?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

well, I am assuming you have a mitsu tv. I don't think you can turn off dlp link, so get the dlp link glasses. HTPC's suck. Even if you want a HTPC for gaming, get a 3D Bluray player. I can't help but recommend a panasonic 210. You get avatar 3D free, plus netflix and such with good wireless built in. Even if you don't want avatar you can ebay it for most of your purchase cost. The player isn't much more than I paid for PowerDVD that is gathering dust. You need to buy the nVidia 3DTV Play driver if you want to pc game with nVidia drivers. you can try any of the drivers for free I think, but they all want money of course in the long run.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmanias View Post

The nice thing is they have a reverse polarity switch, good for those that have the Mits/Sammy glasses. I wonder if they also have the polarization rainbows, maybe they fixed that.

I'm wondering this as well... can anyone confirm if these have the rainbow issue?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmanias View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkblaze View Post

I'm wondering this as well... can anyone confirm if these have the rainbow issue?

This is the ultraclear thread. You can do a search for 3DTV glasses, or start another thread if the search doesn't come up with anything.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Old 10-25-2011, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Do the Ultra-Clear DLP-LINK 3D Glasses have foldable arms on them?

Thanks,

-ftlee
Old 10-25-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftlee View Post

Thanks,

-ftlee

They do, but the reason I personally had to return them (I had the 1st gen True Depth 3D DLP Link glasses that are the exact same thing) was because the arms; while foldable, were extremely flimsy and felt cheap. I complained about the Optoma ZD101's being too tight, but the Ultra-Clear DLP-LINK's were way too loose. They did not hold on to the sides of your head whatsoever and would immediately fall off when looking down, and I have a big head. Also, they didn't have rubber nose pieces, so they would slide down my nose also and felt heavy on your nose bridge because all the weight was placed on your nose because of the flimsy arms. I think this is the main reason that True Depth 3D has come out with their new Rechargeable DLP Link Glasses that have redesigned arms that are much better, and also now have the rubber nose pieces.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftlee View Post

Thanks,

-ftlee

Mine have foldable arms, but they don't have any of the problems that Waco's had. I also have the ZD101, which don't have foldable arms, and they are tight and hella uncomfortable. Much prefer the Ultra Clear. I have not tried the True Depth rechargeable.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

The rechargable ones have a rubber nose peice and are lighter. Much better, though I can't imagine thinking the arms are flimsy on any of them. They are pretty sturdy to me.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:57 PM

I just received 2 pairs of Ultra Clear DLP Link glasses yesterday. I watched Lion King 3d on my Samsung HL50a650 . Well the picture is awesome including the 3d effect. There was NO cross talk/ghosting or Rainbows! Now it might be due to the fact its a cartoon, but we shall see tonight. I also watched it in bright daylight and NO issues sync'ing it picked it right up. Needless to say I will purchase 2 more glasses today.

As an added bonus, my wife, which was a 3d Hater absolutely LOVED IT! She had to call her sister last night and let her know that they now HAVE to get a 3d tv.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
I was wondering, do you still recommend this glasses (conveniently priced at $40 as of now), or something better came up since October 2011 ?
Thanks,
Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasoror View Post

I was wondering, do you still recommend this glasses (conveniently priced at $40 as of now), or something better came up since October 2011 ?
Thanks,

I do. I've since also gotten some True 3D (True Depth?) rechargeable glasses, but my Ultra Clears do a better job of blocking the red tint from the DLP-link signal. The downside to the Ultra Clears is having to replace the batteries every so often... I recently started searching to see if there were some Ultra Clear rechargeables and there are some new rechargeable models on the market, but I haven't tried them yet.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

I do. I've since also gotten some True 3D (True Depth?) rechargeable glasses, but my Ultra Clears do a better job of blocking the red tint from the DLP-link signal. The downside to the Ultra Clears is having to replace the batteries every so often... I recently started searching to see if there were some Ultra Clear rechargeables and there are some new rechargeable models on the market, but I haven't tried them yet.

Thanks for the reply, I thought the DLP-Link produces a green tint (thats how my screen is tinted when the projector is running at 120 hz when the DLP-Link is auto-enabled on my Benq projector.

Regarding the UC rechargeables, the one offered by Ultimate 3D heaven on Amazon for $53 and on their website for $65 , looks suspiciously like the Sintron ones offered elsewhere for $40 shipped.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the reply, I thought the DLP-Link produces a green tint (thats how my screen is tinted when the projector is running at 120 hz when the DLP-Link is auto-enabled on my Benq projector.
Regarding the UC rechargeables, the one offered by Ultimate 3D heaven on Amazon for $53 and on their website for $65 , looks suspiciously like the Sintron ones offered elsewhere for $40 shipped.

Mitsu DLP's produce a green tint. Samsung DLP's produce a red tint. I'm guessing projectors are similar, either green or red depending on manufacturer. I suspect the differnece between the Ultimate 3D Heaven and the Sintron ones consists of the different choice of letters silk-screened on the arms of the glasses. Possibly a difference in support as well, though I haven't had the need to utilize any customer support with my Ultimate glasses. I'll probably look for some Sintron ones myself now...It wouldn't be bad to have one extra pair...

Old 07-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Mitsu DLP's produce a green tint. Samsung DLP's produce a red tint. I'm guessing projectors are similar, either green or red depending on manufacturer.

Interesting, I wonder if that would mean that different glasses should be used accordingly, just looking at the pics I could find on ebay shades are either greyish or greenish.

Well, what do I know ? might be all the same and difference are just an artefact of the photoshop applied on the different ebay listings.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

Quote:

If you dig a little deeper into this thread you will find the glasses are manufactured in China and distributed by different vendors.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

For completion, here is the reply I got back from Ultimate3DHeaven support regarding the difference between the original and the new rechargeable model.
Quote:
So far the rechargeable version is much better (although most customers purchase our blue ones as they look a little better stylistically-cosmetically). We are still undecided however we may phase out our battery powered ones. On the rechargeable ones we have a custom box designed that looks very nice and will be put into place in a few months or so.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 174
So, you recommend the Item# 3DH_5218 ?

I'm a newb at this and was looking for some glasses to use with my new BenQ w1070 DLP projector.

Thanks!