Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 593 Old 12-28-2010, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfrog View Post

I just got 4 sets. They seem to be all I could want. Using Total Theater 5 once I got my htpc set up right, they work fine. They come with a black drawstring bag to protect them when not in use. I have a HL67A750 and was amazed at the depth shown in the scene in Avatar where they are opening the sleeping chambers on the ship. They take one cr2032 battery and have a small button to tap to turn on. Sync seemed fine, there is just enough tint to override most of the red tint in black. After a couple of minutes didn't notice it at all. For the price they seem to be the best deal out there. 4 pairs for 211 including shipping. And no need to buy a emitter. Very light have large lenses and are comfortable. They also seem to fit a wide variety of faces. I don't have any others to compare them with but like them a lot. Highly recommended.

This is great news indeed. Looks like I will be ordering some very soon! Do you think they are too big for the head of an average child of 11 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 593 Old 12-28-2010, 05:41 PM

I got my 4 pair today and I have zero complaints.

I have a Samsung HL61A750 and I flashed the EDID to work with the Mitz 3d1-A adapter.

The glasses are very comfortable, they fit over my sons glasses and the batteries are very easy to access/change.
I don't own any other glasses but compared to what I have been seeing in the big box stores, these glasses are just as bright and give a great picture. The color looks good.

Like I said, no complaints at all.
post #63 of 593 Old 12-28-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen17 View Post

This is great news indeed. Looks like I will be ordering some very soon! Do you think they are too big for the head of an average child of 11 years.

I tried them on my 3 y/o son and they worked. They just need a little band on the back to keep them from falling of his nose if he moves around.. But he was able to stand there for 5 minutes and watch without them falling off his face, if that says anything.
post #64 of 593 Old 12-28-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesstim View Post
I tried them on my 3 y/o son and they worked. They just need a little band on the back to keep them from falling of his nose if he moves around.. But he was able to stand there for 5 minutes and watch without them falling off his face, if that says anything.
Sounds like it will work just fine. Thanks for the help!
post #65 of 593 Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM

Looks like they stopped the quantity pricing like they have for the IR version?
post #66 of 593 Old 12-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs View Post
Looks like they stopped the quantity pricing like they have for the IR version?
When you buy the first set for 59 you have a drop down to add extras, they are 47 each iirc. 4 sets with shipping 211 total.

well I just checked, now you need to add 5 sets, I'm glad I got mine when I did. Maybe should ask why they changed it?
post #67 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 06:46 AM

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a couple pair. Does anyone who has used these had issues with using them in rooms with ambient light? In another thread people have said that in rooms with a fair amount of lighting sync is sometimes lost.

Also can I ask about the bridge of the glasses. Is it hard molded plastic or is there a soft rubber piece that the nose would sit on?
post #68 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 AM

Ok I've been thinking about this and would like to throw my logic out for review.

Upstairs I have a Mitsubishi 60738. That's in the living room. In the basement HT I have an Optoma HD66 and will be getting the 3D-XL sometime in the future.

So my logic is this. Get a couple pair of the dlp link glasses and try them in the living room. If I have ambient light issues I'm not out anything because regardless what what I use upstairs (IR or DLP Link) I HAVE to use dlp link with the 3D-XL. If the dlp link glasses work fine in the living room then it is a win win for me because I can use one technology on both TVs.
post #69 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen17 View Post

Sounds great! Any negative issues to report? How about the build quality? I have a panasonic 3d player so I will also be watching in checkerboard on my 73" mitsubishi.

No issues, except I think I saw "Rainbows" for the first time. Overall, much better then expected. I had only seen two other 3D presentations before: T2 at Universal in Orlando and Avatar in the theatre. This was much better!
post #70 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Tried mine yesterday, with a 30" projection on a dirty-white wall from an Optoma gt720, well-lit room, mostly fluorescent lights. No sync or other functional issues; no crosstalk; colors were good; brightness was good (I expect it to be similar to the 100" gain 1.1 screen, bright mode, dark room). Spectacular 3d. Only problem was slipping/falling off, but I was looking down, the pj was on the floor; and the arms are short for my head/ears, this is a usual problem for me with all glasses. Overall very happy, especially after I just read there was no more discount on four pairs and less.
post #71 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 10:40 AM
XRA

Apparently, I was posting in the wrong thread. Anyway, mine are on order and I can't wait.
post #72 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well, like others I was posting in the general thread. I have nVidia 3D vision glasses. World of Warcraft in 3D is simply amazing. These ultra-clears are clearly better than the nVidia glasses. They don't have a soft nose peice, but they are plenty comfortable. You can check the other thread for more reviews of course.
The suedo stereo effect happens, but turning 3D on and off is a quick fix.

It would be really nice if the Ultra-clear ir version suppored the 3DXL ir emitter. That would be a really nice setup.
post #73 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 11:32 AM

I received mine today using a Mitsubishi wd-65736. Looks great aside from the polarization rainbows in the corners. Black looks truly black now, also stayed connected through the ps3 sizzle trailer with abundant white. I had my doubts. I tried them with the shades and blinds open and they worked ok while the sun was behind a cloud but in full sunlight it had issues. 3D is meant for a dark room anyway so this is not a big deal. These glasses would be great for company and the real 3D fan of the house gets the $175 CrystalEyes 5.

Ps.

The bag and the glasses are labeled ultra-clear dlp link.
post #74 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Well they changed the pricing again. You now can buy 1 thru 4 as well as multiples of 5. However the price is higher than it was. Maybe the original pricing was only for preorders? So 4 sets are now about 20 dollars more than when i bought mine. The bridge is hard plastic but quite comfortable btw.
post #75 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

The first time I got suedo stereo (before I realized I could just turn 3D off and back on to fix it) I just flipped the glasses over. They fit just fine that way too.
post #76 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Has anyone compared the $60 Link variety to the Optoma DLP Link glasses yet?
post #77 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I can compare them this much: The Optoma's are twice as much. The Ultra-Clears are better than my nVidia glasses. Thus, considering price, and with noticable quality of the UC's, I can surmise that the UC's are better than the Optoma's by a good chunk.
Not an exact answer, but I really doubt they are better at all, and certainly not twice as good.
post #78 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 02:47 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoodily View Post

And the real 3D fan of the house gets the $175 CrystalEyes 5.

Hi Spoodily,
So you realy do see a very big difference in the CrystalEyes 5 over the UC DLP link glasses ?

Would you say it Is a night and day difference or just more noticable to the trained eye of a person that has used both pair ?
post #79 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

I can compare them this much: The Optoma's are twice as much. The Ultra-Clears are better than my nVidia glasses. Thus, considering price, and with noticable quality of the UC's, I can surmise that the UC's are better than the Optoma's by a good chunk.
Not an exact answer, but I really doubt they are better at all, and certainly not twice as good.

It depends on the situation. I'd like a direct comparison because I'm thinking of getting Viewsonic glasses, which are the same as the Optomas in image quality but the glasses can be inverted (so they'd work with Mits kit glasses) and are $10 cheaper than the Optomas. If these are better, I'd go for these but would have to buy an inverter that would let me use them along the Mits glasses and would be $60 more, so they would be more expensive. Since two people have reported these glasses also suffer from rainbows (more like color bands on the edges on white or very light scenes) these seem on par with the Viewsonic/Optomas, though they're probably more comfortable and the ones to get if somebody doesn't already own Mits glasses.
post #80 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, you can always wear them upside down. They were plenty comfortable that way too. It would have been nice if they designed them that way. On the other hand, you can sell your Mits glasses on ebay and just get more uc's.
post #81 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The big picture View Post

Hi Spoodily,
So you realy do see a very big difference in the CrystalEyes 5 over the UC DLP link glasses ?

Would you say it Is a night and day difference or just more noticable to the trained eye of a person that has used both pair ?

I don't have the CE5 yet but I do know that they do not have the polarization rainbow issue. They also work best on a Mitsubishi dlp I've heard. They are the top of the line dlp link glasses.
post #82 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:

It would be really nice if the Ultra-clear ir version suppored the 3DXL ir emitter. That would be a really nice setup.

is it know they don't?
post #83 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:

Well, you can always wear them upside down. They were plenty comfortable that way too.

That's good to know. Do you think they'd be comfortable for kids, or are they too big?
post #84 of 593 Old 12-29-2010, 11:37 PM

I've been a silent member of this forum for nearly 4 years now but I've just got to say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

...Another wards the normally convex... Mathew Orman

Some novice readers may see the number of posts you have under your belt and get the false impression that you aren't talking out of your ass 99% of the time. Luckily most readers would notice that in 6 months you have amassed 400+ posts, and realize that instead of hearing a voice of experience when reading your posts, it's simply the sound of a know-it-all-attention-whore. In the last 24 hours, I have browsed 3 different 3D threads, all of which were peppered with your nvidia-fanboy-esque posts. Reading the above quote of yours was the catalyst that pushed me over the edge and spawned this rant.

By the way, it's "in other words," not "another wards," dumbass.
post #85 of 593 Old 12-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Can someone speak to the rainbow issue with these glasses? I have the Optoma HD66 which already produces this effect.

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest -'Oh, no, they say he's got to go' or 'The man in the rubber directors suit':
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/44-mov...l#post24741865
post #86 of 593 Old 12-30-2010, 04:26 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburris View Post

I've been a silent member of this forum for nearly 4 years now but I've just got to say this:

Some novice readers may see the number of posts you have under your belt and get the false impression that you aren't talking out of your ass 99% of the time. Luckily most readers would notice that in 6 months you have amassed 400+ posts, and realize that instead of hearing a voice of experience when reading your posts, it's simply the sound of a know-it-all-attention-whore. In the last 24 hours, I have browsed 3 different 3D threads, all of which were peppered with your nvidia-fanboy-esque posts. Reading the above quote of yours was the catalyst that pushed me over the edge and spawned this rant.

By the way, it's "in other words," not "another wards," dumbass.

lol, couldn't agree with you more.
post #87 of 593 Old 12-30-2010, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I just purchased 3 pairs of DLP Link Ultraclears and have ordered 2 pair of Viewsonics. Viewsonics are out of stock at the moment at Amazon but I will give comparison when I have both in hand.
post #88 of 593 Old 12-30-2010, 06:23 AM

Am I the only person who has synch issues with these? My Xpands have 0 issues synching, but these during the day are aweful - I need to be 2-3 feet from the TV for them to work. If I close my blinds I can sit on my couch, but I need to make the room about 75% darker to do that.

I have the 65" Mits DLP. The settings on the TV are the same when I use the Xpands or these, and the Xpands have no issues.
post #89 of 593 Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 AM

I have these for Optoma HD66. No issues so far. Random color in my case so got 4 orange. Look funky but they work. In contrast to the nVidia Vision Kit ones, there are no extra pieces for the nose bridge. You'll need to get some pads for the best comfort/fit.

I paid $75 ea for these.
post #90 of 593 Old 12-30-2010, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Ualnosag, you paid $75 for the ultra-clears? Not sure why they would charge you extra. I find them just as comfortable as the nVidia ones, and better quality.

PensFan66, do you have more than one pair? Perhaps you got a bad one.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page