post #31 of 45 Old 07-01-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethewxguy View Post

I can't seem to get to the pass through menu on my 805 either. The owners manual says this is only available for the 875.... What am I missing?

Trying to get 3d from my ps3 to my Epson 5010....

As you stated, the owners manual says pass through is only available for the 875. You have the 805, which is not an 875, therefore it is not available on your model.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 07-08-2012, 01:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am fully aware of what the manual says...it is just that this thread was started by a 805 owner who said 3d was working just fine...in order for thsi to happen, doesn't "Pass through" have to be working/available on the 805?

regardless, I couldn't get 3D to work on my 805. I purchased a 1009 and it works perfectly.
post #33 of 45 Old 07-08-2012, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

The thread starter also was using a Panasonic Blu-ray3D player, which can output in the Checkerboard 3D format. Checkerboard 3D works with HDMI 1.3, and therefore can pass through the 805 with no problem.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 45 Old 08-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Liked: 11
how about 1007, do you guys think 3D can pass thru and will work? i don't want to spend money on an AVR upgrade at the moment. still saving up for an optoma hd33 or epson 3010.
post #35 of 45 Old 11-04-2013, 07:37 AM

Liked: 10

I am have the issue now. The machine states you must have 3D TV and 3D player. When I connect the player to the TV, it's fine but it doesn't like the receiver.

post #36 of 45 Old 11-04-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by weng2x View Post

how about 1007, do you guys think 3D can pass thru and will work? i don't want to spend money on an AVR upgrade at the moment. still saving up for an optoma hd33 or epson 3010.

You have 2 separate problems with non-3D receivers when trying to use them with 1.4 3D content:
1. Some receivers will not pass the 3D video signal. You can sometimes get around this with receivers that have a Reon chip by turning OFF the Reon. Just going to passthrough really isn't enough because the Reon is still active, and it doesn't want to work with HDMI 1.4 3D video (such as from a 3D Blu-Ray). SBS and checkerboard are HDMI 1.3 format datastreams, so will work with the Reon on or off.

2. The audio in a 1.4 3D stream is in a different location than that for a 2D datastream. A non-1.4 receiver cannot extract the audio from a 1.4 3D datastream, so you won't get any sound from your 3D Blu-Rays. Again, some 3D formats like SBS are actually HDMI 1.3 formats, so the receiver can extract that audio. To get 3D Blu-Ray audio from a 1.3 receiver you have to demux the audio from the datastream and send it to the receiver separate from the video. This can be done with a Panasonic DMP-BDT500, which has two HDMI outputs that can be set up for video on one and separate audio on the other, or running an optical/Toslink cable from the player to receiver, letting the player decode the audio and sending it as PCM to the receiver. There also may be separate demuxers on the market, but they would be $$$.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #37 of 45 Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

You have 2 separate problems with non-3D receivers when trying to use them with 1.4 3D content:
1. Some receivers will not pass the 3D video signal. You can sometimes get around this with receivers that have a Reon chip by turning OFF the Reon. Just going to passthrough really isn't enough because the Reon is still active, and it doesn't want to work with HDMI 1.4 3D video (such as from a 3D Blu-Ray). SBS and checkerboard are HDMI 1.3 format datastreams, so will work with the Reon on or off.

2. The audio in a 1.4 3D stream is in a different location than that for a 2D datastream. A non-1.4 receiver cannot extract the audio from a 1.4 3D datastream, so you won't get any sound from your 3D Blu-Rays. Again, some 3D formats like SBS are actually HDMI 1.3 formats, so the receiver can extract that audio. To get 3D Blu-Ray audio from a 1.3 receiver you have to demux the audio from the datastream and send it to the receiver separate from the video. This can be done with a Panasonic DMP-BDT500, which has two HDMI outputs that can be set up for video on one and separate audio on the other, or running an optical/Toslink cable from the player to receiver, letting the player decode the audio and sending it as PCM to the receiver. There also may be separate demuxers on the market, but they would be $$$.

I think this explains the problem I am having. I have a Panasonic TC-P60VT60, Onkyo TX-SR705, Panasonic DMP-BDT330, and a 60 GB PS3 & Toshiba HD-XA2 from 2007. All connected using Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology from Monoprice. I bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT330 specifically to be able to watch 3D and bitstream lossless audio to my receiver. I originally had bought the Sony BDPS790, but when I turned on HDMI Audio Separation 3D video came through fine, but my receiver was blinking a bit like it was trying to receive a signal, but I heard nothing.

I went through my Onkyo's settings making sure everything was set to the correct inputs and all the correct settings were enabled. Then I checked the settings in the player and updated the firmware, same issue. I returned the BDPS790 thinking maybe there was some issue with the player communicating to my receiver. The same issue also occurs with the DMP-BDT330. There is a handshaking issue going on. I can't seem to figure it out. I tried turning on my devices in a different order, same issue. I really don't think the cables are the issue.

•For now I use the Panasonic DMP-BDT330 for 2D Blu-ray viewing. I only use one of the HDMI ports which goes into my TX-SR705 and out to my TV. Lossless audio is bitstreamed and 1080p/24 plays fine through my TV.

•My PS3 60 GB (fat) is connected directly to my TV bypassing my receiver. 3D plays fine, then I have an optical cable going to my receiver so I can get sound, not lossless though.

•I have a Toshiba HD-XA2 going to my TX-SR705 and out to my TV. HD-DVDs play fine, audio is bitstreamed to my TX-SR705 and 1080p/24 comes through my TV fine.

•The Panasonic DMP-BDT330 uses less power than PS3 and makes much less noise.

•I now see Dolby True HD and DTS HD-Master Audio on my receiver because the Panasonic DMP-BDT330 can bitstream, my PS3 could not.

I can get 3D through my PS3, although without lossless sound. I only have five 3D movies in my collection so 3D is not ALL that important.

The issue here is SACD. When I want to listen to a SACD I have to re-connect my PS3 to my TX-SR705 (extra HDMI cable behind PS3 for this) and set the audio to be sent through HDMI and not optical. Not ideal, but doable for now.
post #38 of 45 Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville S View Post

I think this explains the problem I am having. I have a Panasonic TC-P60VT60, Onkyo TX-SR705, Panasonic DMP-BDT330, and a 60 GB PS3 & Toshiba HD-XA2 from 2007. All connected using Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology from Monoprice. I bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT330 specifically to be able to watch 3D and bitstream lossless audio to my receiver. I originally had bought the Sony BDPS790, but when I turned on HDMI Audio Separation 3D video came through fine, but my receiver was blinking a bit like it was trying to receive a signal, but I heard nothing.

I went through my Onkyo's settings making sure everything was set to the correct inputs and all the correct settings were enabled. Then I checked the settings in the player and updated the firmware, same issue. I returned the BDPS790 thinking maybe there was some issue with the player communicating to my receiver. The same issue also occurs with the DMP-BDT330. There is a handshaking issue going on. I can't seem to figure it out. I tried turning on my devices in a different order, same issue. I really don't think the cables are the issue.

I think the reason you had issues with the Panny is that in reality you have both HDMI outs connected to the same sink device (display). I ran into the same thing with my BDT-500 and it took me a bit to figure it out. In the Panasonic manual, it shows the dual HDMI hookup with one cable to the display and one to the receiver. So far, so good. Note however that in that diagram, the receiver is not connected to the display. If it is, the player "sees" an HDMI 1.4 display on both connections (since the receiver has to pass on the display's info as per HDMI spec), and will not send the audio in 1.3 format. Unfortunately, if the receiver is disconnected from the display, you can't use it for audio/video switching. A Catch-22...

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #39 of 45 Old 11-05-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

I think the reason you had issues with the Panny is that in reality you have both HDMI outs connected to the same sink device (display). I ran into the same thing with my BDT-500 and it took me a bit to figure it out. In the Panasonic manual, it shows the dual HDMI hookup with one cable to the display and one to the receiver. So far, so good. Note however that in that diagram, the receiver is not connected to the display. If it is, the player "sees" an HDMI 1.4 display on both connections (since the receiver has to pass on the display's info as per HDMI spec), and will not send the audio in 1.3 format. Unfortunately, if the receiver is disconnected from the display, you can't use it for audio/video switching. A Catch-22...

I'll have to test this theory when I get home. If it works, not sure what I am going to do. I may just leave it the way I have it.

A new receiver would solve a lot of issues, but what would I be getting for the cost? The ability to pass 3D and lossless sound for the mere 5 3D movies I have in my collection? Really not worth it.

I guess if this does work I could always disconnect the cable going from my TV to the HDMI OUT on my TX-SR705 every time I want to watch a 3D movie with lossless sound.
post #40 of 45 Old 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville S View Post

I'll have to test this theory when I get home. If it works, not sure what I am going to do. I may just leave it the way I have it.

A new receiver would solve a lot of issues, but what would I be getting for the cost? The ability to pass 3D and lossless sound for the mere 5 3D movies I have in my collection? Really not worth it.

I guess if this does work I could always disconnect the cable going from my TV to the HDMI OUT on my TX-SR705 every time I want to watch a 3D movie with lossless sound.

Disconnecting the HDMI cable is a pain, though.

I was getting error messages about having to connect my BDP's HDMI Sub Out to "another display" to make the audio work, and I'm thinking "It isn't connected to a display". Then I remembered that the receiver is a repeater device, so the BDP was indeed seeing the same HDMI 1.4 display on both outputs.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #41 of 45 Old 11-05-2013, 03:54 PM

And you were right. As soon as I disconnected the cable from my Onkyo to my TV lossless sound emerged. 3D and lossless sound, yay!

So basically when I want to play an SACD with my PS3 OR watch an HD-DVD from my XA2 I'll have to plug the cable back into my TV. Easy enough to do for rare occasions.
post #42 of 45 Old 11-06-2013, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Check your ps3 settings bit stream was enabled in a recent firmware update

post #43 of 45 Old 07-23-2014, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville S View Post
And you were right. As soon as I disconnected the cable from my Onkyo to my TV lossless sound emerged. 3D and lossless sound, yay!

So basically when I want to play an SACD with my PS3 OR watch an HD-DVD from my XA2 I'll have to plug the cable back into my TV. Easy enough to do for rare occasions.
Sorry for reopening an old thread, but I have a similar problem. I have an Onky SR607 receiver (1.3), a Pansonic PT-AE8000U 3D projector and a Panasonic DMP-BDT330 blu-ray player. I at first had the exact same problem mentioned in this post. I could get 3D video displayed on the projector but no audio from the receiver. What was different is that I have an HDMI switch in between the receiver and the projector and I had the blu-ray player connected directly to the projector. My thought was that I could simply change the switch so that it was no longer selecting the receiver as the source but that didn't work. However, as soon as I physically unplugged the receiver from the switch it worked....what I don't understand is why I need to physically unplug it. The switch was set to an input that had nothing plugged in and was plugged into an HDMI port on the projector that was not selected, but I still had no audio.

To recap, here was my setup:
blu-ray connected directly to HDMI 2 on projector using primary HDMI output on blu-ray
blu-ray connected to receiver directly using the sub-out HDMI on the blu-ray
receiver connected to HDMI switch and HDMI switch
HDMI switch connected to HDMI 1 on projector.
HDMI switch set to an input with nothing plugged into it

With the setup above, I had 3D video, but no audio until I physically unplugged the receiver from the switch.
post #44 of 45 Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobs View Post
Sorry for reopening an old thread, but I have a similar problem. I have an Onky SR607 receiver (1.3), a Pansonic PT-AE8000U 3D projector and a Panasonic DMP-BDT330 blu-ray player. I at first had the exact same problem mentioned in this post. I could get 3D video displayed on the projector but no audio from the receiver. What was different is that I have an HDMI switch in between the receiver and the projector and I had the blu-ray player connected directly to the projector. My thought was that I could simply change the switch so that it was no longer selecting the receiver as the source but that didn't work. However, as soon as I physically unplugged the receiver from the switch it worked....what I don't understand is why I need to physically unplug it. The switch was set to an input that had nothing plugged in and was plugged into an HDMI port on the projector that was not selected, but I still had no audio.

To recap, here was my setup:
blu-ray connected directly to HDMI 2 on projector using primary HDMI output on blu-ray
blu-ray connected to receiver directly using the sub-out HDMI on the blu-ray
receiver connected to HDMI switch and HDMI switch
HDMI switch connected to HDMI 1 on projector.
HDMI switch set to an input with nothing plugged into it

With the setup above, I had 3D video, but no audio until I physically unplugged the receiver from the switch.
Chances are that because the projector was on, its EDID was still being passed by the switch to the receiver and then to the BDP, even though you selected other inputs. It likely does this so that when you switch inputs and outputs, it can make the HDMI link with minimal delay.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #45 of 45 Old 07-23-2014, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Chances are that because the projector was on, its EDID was still being passed by the switch to the receiver and then to the BDP, even though you selected other inputs. It likely does this so that when you switch inputs and outputs, it can make the HDMI link with minimal delay.
Good thought. That will be easy enough to test. I'll just unplug the cable from the projector instead and see if that makes a difference. The other thought I had is that the receiver is noticing that there is something connected to the output port (the switch) and is trying to handshake with the device, which there is none. I had read on a few other forums that if I change the input briefly, I'll hear the audio (and of course no video at this point), but that will allow the handshake to complete and then if I switch back I'll have both audio and video. I plan on trying that out when I get home today as well.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page