3D Gamer Review from VIP Technologies - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 263 Old 03-05-2011, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep, not going to deal with the mess anymore. I've got 2 people wanting to buy it for 600 bucks at this point. Dont see why I just shouldnt wait a couple of months and get the hassle free acer and only have 200 more bucks invested rather than invest 400 more with the 3d-xl or another adapter. Thats insane imo I loved the picture quality what a shame this has turned into such a mess. Thanks for your valuable advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 263 Old 03-05-2011, 04:10 PM

Thought about ordering the vip gamer since its only 200 bubba. My question is how in the world do you do that funky paypal set up? Is there a way just to order with a credit card? I guess that may be a viable option as you can download 3d content on the ps network and still watch them via the ps3.
post #93 of 263 Old 03-05-2011, 04:34 PM

Okay I guess my main question is if the dlp link will work with the vip theatre and the 3d-xl with the old firmware? I'm going to be using dlp link glasses(xpand x102's).
post #94 of 263 Old 03-05-2011, 09:25 PM

I don't think it will work with the theater, but I am not 100% sure. I am using the gamer with dlp link with no problem. Killzone 3 on the ps3 with 3d looks great. Also Vudu looks great. I have invested in only dlp link glasses. I do think the 3d-xl will work with dlp link but I do not have one, and not sure when anyone will, however I have read they may be out soon on the other threads. The Acer with HDMI 1.4 looks interesting, but not sure what 3d it will be able to display as it seems everything is different, the ps3 and the xbox 360 is different along with cable etc. I wish the gamer did sbs for the xbox 360, hopefully they will release an update then I am all set.

I have had a paypal account for some time now, however I think you can just pay by credit card through paypal without having an account. I always pay by credit card thru paypal just for extra protection.
post #95 of 263 Old 03-06-2011, 07:34 AM

The theatre will work with dlp glasses according to jonathan. I should have one to test soon. It was shipped out on march 2. Also the vivitek D538-3d projector is supposed to be out in may. It will do 720P/1080i at 50/60 Hz and 1080p at 24 Hz also has 2d to 3d conversion built in. Its supposed to retail for $1,299 us
post #96 of 263 Old 03-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaba View Post

I don't think it will work with the theater, but I am not 100% sure. I am using the gamer with dlp link with no problem. Killzone 3 on the ps3 with 3d looks great. Also Vudu looks great. I have invested in only dlp link glasses. I do think the 3d-xl will work with dlp link but I do not have one, and not sure when anyone will, however I have read they may be out soon on the other threads. The Acer with HDMI 1.4 looks interesting, but not sure what 3d it will be able to display as it seems everything is different, the ps3 and the xbox 360 is different along with cable etc. I wish the gamer did sbs for the xbox 360, hopefully they will release an update then I am all set.

I have had a paypal account for some time now, however I think you can just pay by credit card through paypal without having an account. I always pay by credit card thru paypal just for extra protection.

bubbaba, what are your thoughts on killzone 3 for ps3? how does it look? I hope the brightness doesn't take a hit. My 3d-displayer should be coming in soon for test and i'll post my thoughts on it but i also wanted to find out from people in the meanwhile how is their overall experience with 3d gaming.
From what i've seen through some videos, the brightness on the optoma hd66 doesn't take that much hit as people are claiming it does. Maybe in numbers but i have people with upto 100" projection screen who're saying you don't see a drastic drop to kill the fun factor.
Your thoughts?
post #97 of 263 Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brews21 View Post

The theatre will work with dlp glasses according to jonathan. I should have one to test soon. It was shipped out on march 2.

Im right with you, think I will be ordering my Theatre this week, cant see how you could go wrong with all the flexability of this unit, I also had a great conversation with Jonathan. Did you order any glassess? I will be, because I need the emitter.

I will also have the ability to test this unit on several different screens, projector, plasma LCD, both 3D And non 3D so we will see how it performs.

Looking forward to your opinions.

Wake me when HD gets Here!
post #98 of 263 Old 03-06-2011, 07:48 PM

I do not think the brightness takes that much of a hit once you put the glasses on. Without the glasses it looks a little washed out, but you have to have the glasses on obviously so once I put those on it looks great. The depth can be adjusted in the game settings and is best around 50% or so so the words are not double. This is my first 3d game experience and I look forward to more. I wish I could get the xbox 360 SBS going as I thin Call of Duty would be great in 3d, but I play this on the 360 as everyone I know has the 360 but not the PS3.

I was looking forward to Jackass 3d this week, but I just found out it is not 3d blu ray rather it is the old blue and red glasses, what a bummer. I would highly recommend Killzone 3 in 3d.
I use the 3dheaven dlp link glasses as well. Also I have the HD66 projector. If needed you can still change the settings for the picture, you can also adjust the lamp but I leave it at normal.
post #99 of 263 Old 03-07-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezbrgr2 View Post

Im right with you, think I will be ordering my Theatre this week, cant see how you could go wrong with all the flexability of this unit, I also had a great conversation with Jonathan. Did you order any glassess? I will be, because I need the emitter.

I will also have the ability to test this unit on several different screens, projector, plasma LCD, both 3D And non 3D so we will see how it performs.

Looking forward to your opinions.

For now i am going to use dlp glasses. Later I might get the emitter and glasses to test the difference and use on a lcd. I think the theatre is worth the extra money. The theatre can do sbs and has color processing. I don't think the displayer can do sbs.
post #100 of 263 Old 03-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

For now i am going to use dlp glasses. Later I might get the emitter and glasses to test the difference and use on a lcd. I think the theatre is worth the extra money. The theatre can do sbs and has color processing. I don't think the displayer can do sbs.

Yes I agree the theatre is the same price as the optoma product and can do a ton more, plus the ability to work on any Tv!

I assume you got the same email as me, its amazing what the theatre will do, I was asked not to post specifics and was told why, I will respect that request.

Guess I will have to start a new thread once i receive it! To me this is an exciting product.

post #101 of 263 Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaba View Post

I do not think the brightness takes that much of a hit once you put the glasses on. Without the glasses it looks a little washed out, but you have to have the glasses on obviously so once I put those on it looks great. The depth can be adjusted in the game settings and is best around 50% or so so the words are not double. This is my first 3d game experience and I look forward to more. I wish I could get the xbox 360 SBS going as I thin Call of Duty would be great in 3d, but I play this on the 360 as everyone I know has the 360 but not the PS3.

I was looking forward to Jackass 3d this week, but I just found out it is not 3d blu ray rather it is the old blue and red glasses, what a bummer. I would highly recommend Killzone 3 in 3d.
I use the 3dheaven dlp link glasses as well. Also I have the HD66 projector. If needed you can still change the settings for the picture, you can also adjust the lamp but I leave it at normal.

Perfect! That's what i was looking for. As long as the brightness doesn't take a huge dip. Do you have the 3d-gamer or the optoma 3dxl as an adaptor?
Also, where are you guys able to access VUDU from. I was searching for it throughout the Playstation store and couldnt' find it. Is it only out in the U.S?
post #102 of 263 Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 AM

Liked: 13
I definitely have nothing but good things to say about the guys at VIP. I have a unit in house and I think they definitely have a great product. Hopefully they are shipping the active glasses now so I can test things out a bit more.
post #103 of 263 Old 03-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezbrgr2 View Post

Yes I agree the theatre is the same price as the optoma product and can do a ton more, plus the ability to work on any Tv!

I assume you got the same email as me, its amazing what the theatre will do, I was asked not to post specifics and was told why, I will respect that request.

Guess I will have to start a new thread once i receive it! To me this is an exciting product.

I was given the specs for the theatre in january. And I have talked to jonathan a few times since then. He has never said about not posting any information. I guess he wants to wait until his official launch.
post #104 of 263 Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was given the specs for the theatre in january. And I have talked to jonathan a few times since then. He has never said about not posting any information. I guess he wants to wait until his official launch.

Yea you're probably right, i think he was refering to the specific specs as of right now that the theatre will handle, being its technically "Pre-release".

I would also venture a guess that some top name manufacturers cant be too pleased with its abilities.

post #105 of 263 Old 03-07-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalvenom View Post

Perfect! That's what i was looking for. As long as the brightness doesn't take a huge dip. Do you have the 3d-gamer or the optoma 3dxl as an adaptor?
Also, where are you guys able to access VUDU from. I was searching for it throughout the Playstation store and couldnt' find it. Is it only out in the U.S?

I have the 3d gamer. I got the vudu app from the playstation store, it may be U.S. only but not 100% sure.
post #106 of 263 Old 03-07-2011, 11:24 PM

Anyone tried downloading 3D trailers from PlayStation Store and watched it with 3D Gamer? Does it work?
post #107 of 263 Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMY View Post
Anyone tried downloading 3D trailers from PlayStation Store and watched it with 3D Gamer? Does it work?
Yes, I received the 3d Gamer last week. The VUDU 3d trailers and movies work fine AND the 3d videos on PSN work fine. There are actually quite a few free short movies on PSN that you can download (including the SI Swimsuit 3d video demo, which is quite nice....)

Most of the new 3d movies are on PSN also.
post #108 of 263 Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddcp View Post
Yes, I received the 3d Gamer last week. The VUDU 3d trailers and movies work fine AND the 3d videos on PSN work fine. There are actually quite a few free short movies on PSN that you can download (including the SI Swimsuit 3d video demo, which is quite nice....)

Most of the new 3d movies are on PSN also.
Are you using VUDU in the U.S? can anyone confirm if this (VUDU) service is being used in U.S?
I'm in Canada and i don't see it on my playstation store. I guess my other option would be to create a U.S Playstation ID.
Thoughts?
post #109 of 263 Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
post #110 of 263 Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalvenom View Post

Are you using VUDU in the U.S? can anyone confirm if this (VUDU) service is being used in U.S?
I'm in Canada and i don't see it on my playstation store. I guess my other option would be to create a U.S Playstation ID.
Thoughts?

Yes, I am using it in the U.S.
post #111 of 263 Old 03-08-2011, 05:33 PM

Dang!
post #112 of 263 Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 PM

Those 3D trailers from PS Store; I'm guessing in MP4-MVC format?
post #113 of 263 Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Anybody recieve their theatre yet? If so how long did it take to ship?
post #114 of 263 Old 03-10-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeezra View Post

When I ordered mine they said they would send it on febuary 28, they shipped it on march 2. Since I live in canada it was at customs yesterday so I hope to have it on friday or saturday. vip uses priority mail so it depends where you live. If you live in the states it probably only takes a few days.
post #115 of 263 Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hoping it ships today or tomorrow, supposed to ship by 3/11, so sitting here fingers crossed.

post #116 of 263 Old 03-10-2011, 01:49 PM

Anybody get it today? I'm a little weary of ordering since nobody has seem to have gotten it at their door yet.
post #117 of 263 Old 03-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Anybody get it today? I'm a little weary of ordering since nobody has seem to have gotten it at their door yet.

Jade - I think it would be wise to wait on this one until the first users give it a workout.
post #118 of 263 Old 03-10-2011, 03:02 PM

just what I was thinking. Something doesnt seem right to me. Why doesnt he want to give out the specs??????
post #119 of 263 Old 03-10-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:

just what I was thinking. Something doesnt seem right to me. Why doesnt he want to give out the specs??????

I would wait for now. I got an update on my tracking today. I should have it on friday, saturday at the latest. I plan on testing it with bluray 3d, sbs and ps3. Weird about not giving out the specs to you. I had a spec sheet emailed to me in january on the theatre. The only thing I can think of is he's waiting for his official launch.
post #120 of 263 Old 03-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

As I said above and have answered in other threads, I think both brews and I have spoken to him personally over the phone, so maybe thats the difference.

In regards to specs, what isn't on their website or facebook page that you need to know? I also received a spec sheet when I was going to order, just like Brews21, however as I said above, he politely asked me not to reveal the specs, and for now I am honoring that.

My theory is the possibility that some major corporations cant be to pleased that "If" this product works as advertised, there really isn't a need to run out and buy a new 3D TV now is there.

Probably wrong, bust just My 2 Cents.

Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page