post #241 of 263 Old 03-25-2011, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GAGE View Post

Hello guys, I just wanted to chime in that I tested the theater unit on a 46" Sony 1080p LCD @ 60 hz last night and the unit performed well. My main display is a Samsung A900B DLP projector and the unit works well with the DLP as well. (It seems like the DLP handles things a bit better but I think that is a function of differences in display technology and not the theater unit itself)

Hi. Is there noticeable flicker with the A900B? Did you test 3D games with it such as black ops? Did the brightness drop when you engaged the 3D? Curious about more detailed reults you achieved. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 263 Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 PM

Liked: 10
I was thinking the gamer should be an all gamer box, supporting ps3 and xbox, the other versions would still be superior as they would offer 3d blu ray and 3d cable etc as well as games.
I would be interested as well to see if the gamer insides are much more different than the others. I do know the theater has dip switches so I suspect there is a difference. I would hope that the gamer has the ability to do SBS, just wishful thinking but I think it would make sense as stated above to have the gamer be a complete gamer package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acem77 View Post

If the vip-gamer supported sbs there would be almost no point for the other versions.

I'd like to see the inside of each device. Is there really any different hardware in each version?
Or is it all just a firmware/software change?

Companies have been known to do this in the past, use the same hardware sell various limited versions for cheaper then charge more and unlock the extra features in firmware then change the outside label.

They did that with an oscilloscope bought.

A firmware hack Changes the Rigol DS1052E to DS1102E, that's a 50Mhz to 100Mhz spec change. The DS1052E is about $400 DS1102E is about $700.
Save $300 buy the DS1052E and change the model number in the firmware.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.p...sg6285#msg6285

post #243 of 263 Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 PM

I ordered a displayer guys, I was just wondering? Is this unit free of the 3d sync invert problem that optoma is having with their product? Also is anybody else running on a optoma hd66 with xpand x102 glasses? If so what have the results been like?
post #244 of 263 Old 03-26-2011, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I use pro350w (essentially same projector as hd66) with x102s. My review is early in the thread.

The sync invert situation is inherent to using glasses that sync to a projector that gets a 120hz input. The 120hz input doesn't have 'polarity', so the projector (which you're syncing to when you use DLP Link) doesn't really know left from right. So, if you are still using DLP Link glasses and your projector is a 120hz projector, then yes you'll still have to sync invert. However, the displayer and theater (not gamer) both receive hdmi 1.4 inputs, and both have IR outputs, so if you switch to IR glasses that should no longer be an issue so long as you're using one of the modes the displayer/theater are capable of (if your source material is 120hz they won't help, but switching your htpc to hdmi 1.4 shouldn't be easy).
post #245 of 263 Old 03-26-2011, 10:17 AM

I was able to resolve the issue I was having with the 3D Gamer and the GT700, but I am not sure how much I like the solution. I went into the PS3 Display options, and if I changed the HDMI output to "Limited", 99.9% of the noise went away. I didn't see anyone mentioning having to do this in this thread, so I wonder if this is a limitation with my projector (but it wasn't an issue before), or my 3D Gamer unit is not working properly? What PS3 Display settings are people using with the 3D Gamer? Thanks for any input.
post #246 of 263 Old 03-26-2011, 12:01 PM

Cesar

I just checked my hd66 and PS3 and have the RGB output to limited as well. I have always run it this way for some reason, I think this is off some settings I had found for the ps3 a while back.. I have not tried full, but to me the settings with limited are very good.
post #247 of 263 Old 03-26-2011, 01:11 PM

thanks for the confirmation bubbaba. After playing a few games I really don't notice the difference. For the price of this set up I could not ask for more.
Has anyone experimented with the 3D Gamer and their PC? I do not believe the TriDef and IZ3D drivers support my GT700, I wonder if the 3D Gamer could make it compatible.
post #248 of 263 Old 03-26-2011, 09:22 PM

Hey guys anyone had luck with vudu 3d trailers ? Everytime I try to play one my acer h5360 loses sync and will not sync again. I tried playing 720p 3d trailers...games are working fine so far.

Edit: I see that everyone so far has no issues with vudu so I will have to play around some more. Also has anyone seen the unsupported USB device connected message on the ps3 when you have the gamer connected?

Edit #2 vudu plays fine now, only difference is that I am powering the gamer via the USB from my pc rather than the ps3 itself?!

I can't get the gamer to work if I place it after the receiver: ps3=>receiver==>gamer==>acer h5360 even with the onkyo set to pass through. I think this is because my ps3 cannot get the EDID from the projector because my onkyo 606 receiver is not passing it through. Audio and video works but 3d is not detected by the ps3.
post #249 of 263 Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CesarNYC View Post
thanks for the confirmation bubbaba. After playing a few games I really don't notice the difference. For the price of this set up I could not ask for more.
Has anyone experimented with the 3D Gamer and their PC? I do not believe the TriDef and IZ3D drivers support my GT700, I wonder if the 3D Gamer could make it compatible.
Yes, I use it with my htpc regularly. Having said that, both tridef and Iz3d are compatible with the gt700. Tridef is only compatible on a ATI card, and iz3d doesn't work right on nvidia either (though that's supposed to be fixed with the 1.13 release next week), so I suppose you're using an nvidia card? Or maybe an older ati card?

With ATI, all 3d apps I've used work perfectly in either frame sequentail (no 3d gamer) or hdmi 1.4 (with 3d gamer) modes - except for roxio cineplayer, which doesn't work in hdmi 1.4 mode.
post #250 of 263 Old 03-27-2011, 02:01 PM

Cyclejim

I had to setup the gamer hooked to the ps3 prior to the receiver first then I just moved it to after the receiver and it worked. Once you setup the ps3 then move the gamer do not resetup the video as it will not see the Edid from the gamer. Mine worked still after I moved it to after the receiver.

Does that make sense.
post #251 of 263 Old 03-27-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaba
Cyclejim

I had to setup the gamer hooked to the ps3 prior to the receiver first then I just moved it to after the receiver and it worked. Once you setup the ps3 then move the gamer do not resetup the video as it will not see the Edid from the gamer. Mine worked still after I moved it to after the receiver.

Does that make sense.
Yep I read something about this last night, I will give it a shot!

Jim
post #252 of 263 Old 03-27-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp View Post
Yes, I use it with my htpc regularly. Having said that, both tridef and Iz3d are compatible with the gt700. Tridef is only compatible on a ATI card, and iz3d doesn't work right on nvidia either (though that's supposed to be fixed with the 1.13 release next week), so I suppose you're using an nvidia card? Or maybe an older ati card?

With ATI, all 3d apps I've used work perfectly in either frame sequentail (no 3d gamer) or hdmi 1.4 (with 3d gamer) modes - except for roxio cineplayer, which doesn't work in hdmi 1.4 mode.
That's good to hear. I hadn't actually tried with iz3d or tridef, but I remember coming away with the impression the GT700 would not work after reading the system compatibility specs. I could never get PowerDVD to output BluRay 3D with my HD6950 to the GT700 either. I thought it had something to do with a firmware upgrade needed for my projector. I will have to try again with and without the 3D Gamer.
post #253 of 263 Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 AM

Has anyone tried Avatar the game on ps3 with the gamer? I just got it and looks like there is no supported option to play this game with a 120hz dlp projector. It has the most extensive list of supported 3d modes I have ever seen in the display options for the game, however no love for dlp link. I tried every mode anyway and none of them produce an acceptable 3d image.
post #254 of 263 Old 04-03-2011, 10:29 AM

Liked: 16
Avatar the Game came out before the PS3 patch to enable frame packed 3D. According to the web site it is compatible with side-by-side and checkerboard formats. I don't think the Gamer supports those modes.

The Gamer is a bit of an odd product because to be officially HDMI 3D compatible it is supposed to support all of the mandatory formats and I don't think it does.
post #255 of 263 Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokeySmoke View Post
Avatar the Game came out before the PS3 patch to enable frame packed 3D. According to the web site it is compatible with side-by-side and checkerboard formats. I don't think the Gamer supports those modes.

The Gamer is a bit of an odd product because to be officially HDMI 3D compatible it is supposed to support all of the mandatory formats and I don't think it does.
Thanks I figured it was something like that, bit of a bummer as I wouldnt have normally purchased this game due to the reviews. Motor storm apocalypse can't come out soon enough
post #256 of 263 Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejim View Post

Has anyone tried Avatar the game on ps3 with the gamer? I just got it and looks like there is no supported option to play this game with a 120hz dlp projector. It has the most extensive list of supported 3d modes I have ever seen in the display options for the game, however no love for dlp link. I tried every mode anyway and none of them produce an acceptable 3d image.

The theater will play avatar no problem as you can force the sbs image into 3d... do not think this is the case for the gamer...
post #257 of 263 Old 04-04-2011, 09:49 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokeySmoke View Post

Just some additional clarification. Because the EDID in the Gamer has the 3D_present flag set, it's telling the world that it works with all 8 of the HDMI mandatory 3D modes even though it looks like it can only handle 720p50/60 frame packed. This could potentially cause problems for any source trying to decide what format to send to it. Note that this is an HDMI limitation (the EDID isn't big enough to be detailed), not necessarily a failing of the product.
post #258 of 263 Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 AM

Has this been tested for LCD's as well? 120hz LCD's specifically...
post #259 of 263 Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNeptune View Post

Has this been tested for LCD's as well? 120hz LCD's specifically...

The Gamer is dlp-only... the higher models (3d Displayer & 3d theatre) will work with LCD.
post #260 of 263 Old 04-07-2011, 11:46 AM

I am so happy with the 3d gamer on my HD66. I could not believe how good the 3d were on the PS3 games. I preordered the Optoma 3d-xl, cause it has the extra HDMI input compared to the Theater. 3D Gaming is the best!!!!!!!

I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY OR PAY FOR AN GAME IF IT DOES NOT SUPPORT 3D

All these anti-3d idiots, do not know what they are talking about, or cannot afford it. 3d brings life back to gaming!!!!
post #261 of 263 Old 04-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Mine has been marked shipped with tracking numbers(displayer), I upgraded my shipping to 3 days also.
post #262 of 263 Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie360 View Post

All these anti-3d idiots, do not know what they are talking about, or cannot afford it. 3d brings life back to gaming!!!!

It was the same with HD and now almost everyone is on the bandwagon.
Some just buy the tv cuz its flat and never connect it with anything more than composite cables and are like look how nice the picture looks on my new flat tv! lol

I feel the same way, the only other people that don't get it have some vision issues one good eye or get bad headaches.
lucky me I don't have those issues.

I feel the same way about 3d pictures. after using my Fuji w3 it's hard to go back to 2d images. I take pictures to save a moment in life.
With 3d you take that much more back with you to keep forever.
post #263 of 263 Old 04-12-2011, 10:13 AM

Has anyone tried this on the panasonic ae4000? do you think it will work?
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page