Official Monster Vision Max 3D Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to let you know that I've done the update from 1.04.005 to 1.05.004 on the rebaged Optoma RF Emitter / glasses. Seems to work fine. But honestly, they worked flawless before already. I don't anything worse or better now.
But the update worked.

edit:
seems not to work fine. I get some strange ghosting.
Can anybody tell me the original settings for Delay (usecs) and Duty Cycle (10-120%) of the Optoma emitter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoHD View Post

Just wanted to let you know that I've done the update from 1.04.005 to 1.05.004 on the rebaged Optoma RF Emitter / glasses. Seems to work fine. But honestly, they worked flawless before already. I don't anything worse or better now.
But the update worked.

Does anyone know when 1.05.004 came out and what it addresses?
post #273 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Does anyone know when 1.05.004 came out and what it addresses?

edit:
Can anybody tell me the original settings for Delay (usecs) and Duty Cycle (10-120%) of the Optoma emitter?
post #274 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

edit:

Important to note that the default settings for those are DEVICE dependent. So if it is talking to a Sony device it will use different defaults than a Samsung, for example. You can reset it to the factory default and then see what the default is, but unless someone has your same device you cannot go by their defaults.
post #275 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM

I have done a factory reset. The ghosting is still there. I even tried to reset the glasses itself and resync them, still the same ghosting and almost no depth.
Out of the box I had NO ghosting at all.

I am using an Optoma HD83 (HD8300 in the us).
Maybe this may help.

PS. Even in DLP Link Mode there is the same amount of ghosting.
post #276 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have done a factory reset. The ghosting is still there. I even tried to reset the glasses itself and resync them, still the same ghosting and almost no depth.
Out of the box I had NO ghosting at all.

I am using an Optoma HD83 (HD8300 in the us).
Maybe this may help.

PS. Even in DLP Link Mode there is the same amount of ghosting.

Maybe somehow it is inverted. Try flipping the glasses 180 degrees (put them on upside down). Does that make a difference?
post #277 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 01:33 PM

got it to work again by manual fine tuning on the rf emitter.
post #278 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjren View Post

But why would it only ghost in some area (tower) and not in the complete image?

Probably because the tower is a certain shade. Depending on what order the intensity bitmasks are rendered on your particular DLP set, certain shades of certain color components will have (relatively) major levels that are closer to the frame porches, and thus the first to be affected if the glasses drift off center.

Or less technically "because DLP is really very weird that way."
post #279 of 1059 Old 12-21-2011, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkidz View Post

Probably because the tower is a certain shade. Depending on what order the intensity bitmasks are rendered on your particular DLP set, certain shades of certain color components will have (relatively) major levels that are closer to the frame porches, and thus the first to be affected if the glasses drift off center.

Or less technically "because DLP is really very weird that way."

Right, I will try to see if adjustment works.

Funny thing is many people are complaining about brightness in 3D, but if really bright their whole room gets lit from light reflection on screen and it backfires through reflection in the glasses. Unless in a bat cave maybe

Anyone now of a fancy way to limit reflection inside the glasses? Spray? Screenprotector, or just wear a a black heat
post #280 of 1059 Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 AM

Liked: 13
Where are you guys buying these?

My home theater build thread
LEVEL 4: Center for Entertainment
post #281 of 1059 Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

i bought mine from mike at the avs store... price was good and service is great...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #282 of 1059 Old 12-21-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

i bought mine from mike at the avs store... price was good and service is great...

That's what I'll do then. I bought my RS45 from Mike. I just didn't know if they were re-sellers.

My home theater build thread
LEVEL 4: Center for Entertainment
post #283 of 1059 Old 12-24-2011, 09:29 AM

Are we allowed to discuss the price you paid? Im looking to get a set or two for my nx810. Trying to weigh out if it is worth it. I notice slight ghosting on this set with certain movies, mainly bolt 3d and re: afterlife but I believe both of these have had reports of having more ghosting than other films so I don't know if it is worth the cost for just two films
post #284 of 1059 Old 12-24-2011, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I know I read a few post that some people don't like the fact that there is no way to turn off the glasses when watching a movie and the glasses are in sync. Well if you hold down the power button until the red LED goes off then release it the LED will flash for a while and then the glasses will shut off and not resync with the emitter. I tried this twice last night and it worked both times.

Ron
post #285 of 1059 Old 12-25-2011, 09:34 AM

Liked: 11
I just got some Monstervision 3d glasses for my JVC RS-45. I've read posts around that I should just need to plug it into the 3d connector and it should be fine but I am not seeing this

I tried factory resets and upgrading to the latest firmware but none of that helped...

I finally got them working, but to make it work, I had to provide USB power 1st, then connect it to the RS-45. If I connect to the RS-45 directly (without USB power applied 1st), it does not scan for a signal and seems to come up in "firmware upgrade" mode (middle led lit red)

Once it is working, I can remove the USB power and it is fine

Has anybody here seen a similar problem using the MV glasses with the VESA connector? I'm trying to determine if my transmitter is defectiveadding a USB power brick is not a big deal but if something else is wrong, I'd rather get the defective unit replaced.
post #286 of 1059 Old 12-25-2011, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamblanet View Post

I just got some Monstervision 3d glasses for my JVC RS-45. I've read posts around that I should just need to plug it into the 3d connector and it should be fine but I am not seeing this

I tried factory resets and upgrading to the latest firmware but none of that helped...

I finally got them working, but to make it work, I had to provide USB power 1st, then connect it to the RS-45. If I connect to the RS-45 directly (without USB power applied 1st), it does not scan for a signal and seems to come up in "firmware upgrade" mode (middle led lit red)

Once it is working, I can remove the USB power and it is fine

Has anybody here seen a similar problem using the MV glasses with the VESA connector? I'm trying to determine if my transmitter is defectiveadding a USB power brick is not a big deal but if something else is wrong, I'd rather get the defective unit replaced.

I had to supply power to mine as well. It works fine when plugged in.
post #287 of 1059 Old 12-25-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

Thanks - I guess buying another black USB power brick will have to wait until tomorrow however
post #288 of 1059 Old 12-26-2011, 05:02 AM

To clarify supplying power to it. Do you only have to supply power to it once, then plug it into the RS45, and then it will work forever? Or do you have to supply power to it every time you want to turn on the projector and watch 3D? Would the easiest solution be to supply permanent power to it via a USB charger?
Thanks.

Tim
post #289 of 1059 Old 12-26-2011, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgrady View Post

To clarify supplying power to it. Do you only have to supply power to it once, then plug it into the RS45, and then it will work forever? Or do you have to supply power to it every time you want to turn on the projector and watch 3D? Would the easiest solution be to supply permanent power to it via a USB charger?
Thanks.

Tim

You know, to be honest I never tried unplugging it once I plugged it in. When I first got it & it wouldn't work, I plugged it into the pc I use for streaming music & left it there.

It's convenient though, as I can access the emitter's configuration utility easliy anytime.
post #290 of 1059 Old 12-26-2011, 05:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

Are we allowed to discuss the price you paid? Im looking to get a set or two for my nx810. Trying to weigh out if it is worth it. I notice slight ghosting on this set with certain movies, mainly bolt 3d and re: afterlife but I believe both of these have had reports of having more ghosting than other films so I don't know if it is worth the cost for just two films

iirc, it was around 130 simoleons... drop them an email or a call, they'll tell you...

can't comment as to whether they are "worth it" or not to you, but compared to the mits glasses i also have, the monsters are "worth it" for the comfort difference alone.... ymmv...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #291 of 1059 Old 12-26-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgrady View Post

Thanks.

Tim

For me, I need to have USB power before the projector turns on. I plan on using a USB wall charger (just need to go out today and find a black one so it does not stick out visually on my black drop ceiling)...
post #292 of 1059 Old 12-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Looks like I'm going to try a GE 14912 surge protected outlet with USB. It adds on to an existing outlet and looks fairly secure. It seems to be the lowest profile option other than buying a white USB outlet and painting it black.

Tim
post #293 of 1059 Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 AM

Quote:

I am using these glasses and see a phenomenon I can not name and also not solve.

Using the Optoma system glasses on a HD83.

And I got the chance to compare with dlplink glasses on the same projector.

Pictures were taken through the 3D glasses in the middle with a kodak playsport (no optical zoom/focus and no flash)

Attached images show the bug.

100_0001srfr
rf glasses right side
tower of venice cyan color band on the right

100_0002srfl
rf glasses left side
tower of venice cyan color band on the left

My next post will show the same images with the DLP link glasses.

I have an update on my RF-3D glasses purple/cyan bar issue.

Using the Monstervision manual it tried to adjust the optoma rebadged one, but does not seem to correspond to the optoma unit in control operation, but I managed to adjust the settings to improve the delay and thus remove this cyan/purple bar issue

What I had to do was press the joystick right until 2 leds burn, then one tick up to control delay and it seemed to remove the issue.

Left and right adjust duty cycle or so it seems but no real benefit in there.

Conclusion is that tuning might be needed for 3D-RF systems! (sorry, but that was new to me..)

And it seems the Optoma RF- transmitter uses different operation manual, if someone knows a link?
post #294 of 1059 Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

And it seems the Optoma RF- transmitter uses different operation manual, if someone knows a link?

http://www.optoma.co.uk/uploads/manu...es-M-en-GB.pdf
post #295 of 1059 Old 12-29-2011, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I've always used the Monster manual with the Optoma glasses. As far as I can tell they operate the same.
post #296 of 1059 Old 12-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

I've always used the Monster manual with the Optoma glasses. As far as I can tell they operate the same.

The manuals have one difference that I could spot - the "SET POLARITY MODE" in the Optoma manual (page 3) replaces the "IR Signal Search and Learn" for the Monster's (page 10).

( http://www.optoma.co.uk/uploads/manu...es-M-en-GB.pdf
http://www.monstercable.com/lit/Max_3D_manual.pdf )
post #297 of 1059 Old 01-02-2012, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

I tried the unit just plugged into the 45 and it works fine without an external power supply.
post #298 of 1059 Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby View Post

Do Monster 3D glasses improve crosstalk/ghosting?
post #299 of 1059 Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM

These glasses preformed much better than the Sony glasses on my NX810. Ghosting / crosstalk were reduced but not eliminated.

Since purchasing these I have stopped using a PS3 for bluray playback and am now using a Panasonic bluray player. This and the monster glasses have made 3D worth watching. Ghosting and crosstalk only crop up occasionally now.
post #300 of 1059 Old 01-02-2012, 02:02 PM

How do you hookup the Monster transmitter? Can you plug the Monster transmitter to Sony TV? Or you just put the IR receiver in front of Sony's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvision View Post

These glasses preformed much better than the Sony glasses on my NX810. Ghosting / crosstalk were reduced but not eliminated.

Since purchasing these I have stopped using a PS3 for bluray playback and am now using a Panasonic bluray player. This and the monster glasses have made 3D worth watching. Ghosting and crosstalk only crop up occasionally now.

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Monster Vision Max Active 3d Glasses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page