Official Monster Vision Max 3D Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 1059 Old 04-30-2012, 04:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
With a Sony projector can 2 pairs of Sony glasses operate at the same time with 2 pairs of Monsters using the one Sony built in emitter Or does two emitters need to be used (the Sony and the Monster external). Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 1059 Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
^ Yes, just one emitter. The emitter is outputting an IR signal so the Monster Receiver and the Sony Receiver in the glasses all operate fine, however, you must have the emitter from the Sony in front you firing back towards the glasses or they will not stay sync'd.
post #663 of 1059 Old 04-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVS View Post

^ Yes, just one emitter. The emitter is outputting an IR signal so the Monster Receiver and the Sony Receiver in the glasses all operate fine, however, you must have the emitter from the Sony in front you firing back towards the glasses or they will not stay sync'd.

Thanks for the info. Will the built in Sony emitter not work even if the Sony 1000 is table top mounted a few feet behind me and just 10" over my head? If so what type of wire does the emitter require? I think I would need about 35' of wire.
post #664 of 1059 Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

Thanks for the info. Will the built in Sony emitter not work even if the Sony 1000 is table top mounted a few feet behind me and just 10" over my head? If so what type of wire does the emitter require? I think I would need about 35' of wire.

Ah, I was making an assumption on the Sony projector not having a built-in emitter and I read over that part in your post, sorry. You will probably be fine then. You may have to mount the IR-receiver from the Monster Visions near your projector but you will have to experiment. I would try the built-in emitter first for sure.
post #665 of 1059 Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVS View Post

Ah, I was making an assumption on the Sony projector not having a built-in emitter and I read over that part in your post, sorry. You will probably be fine then. You may have to mount the IR-receiver from the Monster Visions near your projector but you will have to experiment. I would try the built-in emitter first for sure.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully I will have theater back up in 4 weeks. Then I will try that.
post #666 of 1059 Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I got a pair yesterday for use with my Mitsubishi WD-92840.

The initial charge time was pretty much right at 3 hours as the manual stated it would be. I'm currently using the IR receiver cable and it works as advertised. The IR receiver itself isn't very sensitive however. My HDTV's IR blaster reaches over 12' but the Monster IR receiver can only "see" about a couple of feet at the most and doesn't have the range of my other IR 3D glasses' IR receivers.

When a 3D signal was detected for the very first time, the unit locked in immediately and the glasses synced as soon as I turned them on.

The image through the glasses looks great, there is less lose of apparent brightness, color shift at off angles is normal/minimal and there is no color banding with certain gradients like the less expensive 3Active/TrueDepth glasses I have tried. These glasses overall appear to have the same great quality as the Mitsubishi branded Xpand X103's I use.

I've really just wanted a pair of 3D glasses I could use exclusively for myself that were rechargeable and of good quality: I've finally found them.
post #667 of 1059 Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Just an update. These glasses are still available from Monster directly via their website. Considering the closeout price of $59.95 also includes the Tx with the IR receiver it is one of the better deals for active glasses. Also with the app the glasses are fairly tweakable. I am surprised they still have any in stock.

post #668 of 1059 Old 05-09-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toknowshita View Post

Just an update. These glasses are still available from Monster directly via their website. Considering the closeout price of $59.95 also includes the Tx with the IR receiver it is one of the better deals for active glasses. Also with the app the glasses are fairly tweakable. I am surprised they still have any in stock.

http://electronics.monstercable.com/...203d%20glasses

Order two pairs and use the following coupon to save even 10% more on these glasses with free shipping from Monster direct. This is a great buy.

MothersDay10Off2012N or the following code which is good at their outlet store until the end of the year.

news10off2011

I suggest that you update the firmware from the VIP site as soon as you get the glasses. This is the latest firmware and makes polarity adjustment easier. VIP (Bit Caldron) is the company that made the glasses for Monster. This firmware works fine with these glasses. The instruction manual on this site is also much better.

http://www.3d-vip.com/
post #669 of 1059 Old 05-09-2012, 06:32 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

Order two pairs and use the following coupon to save even 10% more on these glasses with free shipping from Monster direct. This is a great buy.

MothersDay10Off2012N

Thanks for the code
post #670 of 1059 Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

MothersDay10Off2012N or the following code which is good at their outlet store until the end of the year.

news10off2011

I had 2 pair sitting in the cart but couldn't bring myself to click the button since I'm still 6-8 months away from finishing my new theater. The 10% code pushed me over the edge and my order is in the books!

Thanks for the code(s)!

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
post #671 of 1059 Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Thanks for the code. Just ordered two pairs to add to my previous two pairs of the Optoma-branded versions. My GT750 came with transmitter but now have two spares plus the IR receivers which I may use in the future.

Derek
post #672 of 1059 Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Same here! Added two more pair...now I have 6 pair and all seating in my theater has a pair of glasses. Sweet!
post #673 of 1059 Old 05-12-2012, 03:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Glad that many of you have jumped on this great deal. I would suggest updating the firmware to the VIP version from Bit Caldron asap. This is the latest version and works with the Monster glasses.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewt...68a3ca0bb4bdfa
post #674 of 1059 Old 05-12-2012, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Is there a reason to update besides the easier polarity switching? I haven't updated my glasses and managed to change polarity with a little effort seems like it would take more effort to update
post #675 of 1059 Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyro View Post

Is there a reason to update besides the easier polarity switching? I haven't updated my glasses and managed to change polarity with a little effort seems like it would take more effort to update

Update is very easy and you also get the ability to make adjustments with the firmware app. It only takes a few minutes for each pair.
post #676 of 1059 Old 05-12-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Update is very easy and you also get the ability to make adjustments with the firmware app. It only takes a few minutes for each pair.

When you have Mac at home and PC only at work it becomes a chore. Ah well. Im still not totally convinced. Is there a noticeable difference?
post #677 of 1059 Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 PM

Thinking to get a 2nd pair of MV3D glasses. Is the xpand 103 the same as MV3D? Are MV3D and xpand 103 just different OEM?
post #678 of 1059 Old 05-13-2012, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

The Xpands are not made by Bit Caldron and are different from the MV3d glasses. The Xpands work with IR not RF.
post #679 of 1059 Old 05-13-2012, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I finally broke down and picked up two pair of the mv3ds with the great sale. I'm assuming that I can just use a standard motorola smart phone usb plug to power the transmitter?

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #680 of 1059 Old 05-13-2012, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

I finally broke down and picked up two pair of the mv3ds with the great sale. I'm assuming that I can just use a standard motorola smart phone usb plug to power the transmitter?

u

They should come with a cable. The glasses and emitter use the same cable that your cell phone uses and the Motorola charger works great with the glasses.
post #681 of 1059 Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

u

They should come with a cable. The glasses and emitter use the same cable that your cell phone uses and the Motorola charger works great with the glasses.

I could not get my new glasses to power up after charging overnight via a moto cell charger that was .75 Amp output. I also tried with a htc 1 amp charger and another model moto charger. I called Monster tech support support and they told me to hook them up to a computer usb port to charge that this was a known issue. That did the trick. They couldn't tell me why I was having problems with cell chargers.
post #682 of 1059 Old 05-13-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

It seems if that if you let the battery fully run down some external chargers will not work.
If you have an I-Pad or I-Phone charger I think they will work since they put out more power.
post #683 of 1059 Old 05-13-2012, 04:23 PM

I went ahead and got 2 more pairs as well, now I will have 4 pairs. Can anyone please take me thru the process of upgrading the firmare? am I downloading the firmare, then plug the emmiter in my laptop/pc and run the utility program go to upgrade and run it? Does this in turn update emmiter and when I sync it up to the glasses does it send the upgrade to the glasses? Finally do I turn on the glasses one at a time or all 4 to sync them and upgrade them at once? Any input would be very grateful.

HT Set Up: Epson 8350, Sony Strd G-920, JBL 7.1 Venue series speakers, JBL Sub12 subwoofer, Harmony One remote, Xbox 360, PS3, Sony BDP S350, Toshiba HDA2, Directv HR-24 DVR.
post #684 of 1059 Old 05-14-2012, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinsterSXRD View Post

I went ahead and got 2 more pairs as well, now I will have 4 pairs. Can anyone please take me thru the process of upgrading the firmare? am I downloading the firmare, then plug the emmiter in my laptop/pc and run the utility program go to upgrade and run it? Does this in turn update emmiter and when I sync it up to the glasses does it send the upgrade to the glasses? Finally do I turn on the glasses one at a time or all 4 to sync them and upgrade them at once? Any input would be very grateful.

Download the firmware updater from the like I posted above. Install the updater on your drive and plug in the glasses. Open the VIP upgrade Utility and hit the upgrade tab. Do the upgrade and follow instructions. It should take only a few minutes.
post #685 of 1059 Old 05-14-2012, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinsterSXRD View Post

Turn the glasses on after the upgrade. The first time after the upgrade it may take a little longer because the new firmware is sent from the transmitter to the glasses. The glasses will sync automatically.
post #686 of 1059 Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Since I got two transmitter/glasses pair with the monster.com deal, I'm wondering how easy it is to setup a transmitter on two different displays (Sony Projector/Panny Plasma) and sync the glasses for that particular transmitter. Glasses would only be used with one display at a time.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #687 of 1059 Old 05-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 58
Quote:

Download the firmware updater from the like I posted above. Install the updater on your drive and plug in the glasses. Open the VIP upgrade Utility and hit the upgrade tab. Do the upgrade and follow instructions. It should take only a few minutes.

Don't you mean the transmitter?

Bill
post #688 of 1059 Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post

Don't you mean the transmitter?

Bill

yes, let me get this straight it's NOT the transmitter you update, only the glasses? OR both? I was under the impression it was the transmitter that gets updated and it sends the signal to the glasses

HT Set Up: Epson 8350, Sony Strd G-920, JBL 7.1 Venue series speakers, JBL Sub12 subwoofer, Harmony One remote, Xbox 360, PS3, Sony BDP S350, Toshiba HDA2, Directv HR-24 DVR.
post #689 of 1059 Old 05-14-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

You only have to update the emitter with the VIP firmware. The glasses will update when they first link to the emitter.
post #690 of 1059 Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Turn the glasses on after the upgrade. The first time after the upgrade it may take a little longer because the new firmware is sent from the transmitter to the glasses. The glasses will sync automatically.

Just to be clear there is no firmware sent to the glasses, it remains strictly in the transmitter. RF glasses are dumb receivers, whatever frequency that is sent to the glasses is how much they will shutter at within the adjustment range of the transmitter. Approximately 50-240 hz. The only smarts the glasses have are in the charging circuit and their binding to a particular transmitter.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Monster Vision Max Active 3d Glasses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page