Official Monster Vision Max 3D Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1065 Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Wasn't otherwise able to come up with a concrete answer to this question:

Are the Monster Max 3D glasses compatible with nVidia's 3D Vision system? Was a firmware update ever made available for 3D Vision?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1065 Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by roknrol View Post

Wasn't otherwise able to come up with a concrete answer to this question:

Are the Monster Max 3D glasses compatible with nVidia's 3D Vision system? Was a firmware update ever made available for 3D Vision?

The M.V. glasses are not compatible. You must use DLP glasses.
post #723 of 1065 Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So I got my 2 pair of MV3Ds today, but am having problems getting the transmitter power with the IR plugged in.

when I plug in just the power to a PC, cell phone charger, IPad charger, or Panasonic Plasma, the leds on the transmitter flash across in red, as soon as plug in the IR cable (which is difficult to get in all the way), the LEDs go out immediately, if I wiggle it around a little bit the leds start flashing back and forth again, but it's because the IR cable isn't seated all the way.

On both my Windows 7 laptop and my Panasonic TV, I got messages about USB power overload.

Any ideas what's going on here? I'm seeing the exact same thing with both transmitters and IR cables... BTW, I flashed to the VIP FW before I tried anything.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #724 of 1065 Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 PM
LVS
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
browerjs, if you haven't figured it out make sure that IR receiver plugged is pushed all the way in the transmitter... you will feel like you are going to break but give a good push and everything will work fine.
post #725 of 1065 Old 05-20-2012, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I still haven't gotten it to work. As soon as I give it that extra push the light goes from on to off...

post #726 of 1065 Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

I still haven't gotten it to work. As soon as I give it that extra push the light goes from on to off...

Ha... 2 seconds after replying, I grabbed the transmitter and gave it one extra push and it snapped into place... I gave it power and it lighted right up... As soon as it's halftime of the pacers/heat game I'm going to try to sync it again... Man I feel like an idiot

post #727 of 1065 Old 05-20-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Synced up to my hw30 and panny plasma with no problems... Was able to move with the glasses after turning one display off without a problem... Thanks for the tip...

post #728 of 1065 Old 05-21-2012, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

The M.V. glasses are not compatible. You must use DLP glasses.

With my Acer H5360 I can use either DLP-Link or nvidia 3D Vision (with IR kit) glasses. (I'm using the latter.) I'd like to add a few more pairs of glasses, but don't want to be locked into a proprietary format (nvidia or DLP-link) as I'd like to move up to a Sony or Epson in the near future.

Sounds like the Monsters aren't going to offer me that bridge. Thanks for replying.
post #729 of 1065 Old 05-21-2012, 08:28 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
browerjs, I had to learn the hard way too...
post #730 of 1065 Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 AM

Liked: 10
Well the 3Dfury did not work out for me so I had to return it and 2 pairs of monster 3d max glasses. I had another set I purchased that is open box, any one interested in 2 pairs? PM me and I will give you a good price.

HT Set Up: Epson 8350, Sony Strd G-920, JBL 7.1 Venue series speakers, JBL Sub12 subwoofer, Harmony One remote, Xbox 360, PS3, Sony BDP S350, Toshiba HDA2, Directv HR-24 DVR.
post #731 of 1065 Old 05-22-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by roknrol View Post

With my Acer H5360 I can use either DLP-Link or nvidia 3D Vision (with IR kit) glasses. (I'm using the latter.) I'd like to add a few more pairs of glasses, but don't want to be locked into a proprietary format (nvidia or DLP-link) as I'd like to move up to a Sony or Epson in the near future.

Sounds like the Monsters aren't going to offer me that bridge. Thanks for replying.

You should see how good the H5360 looks after a grey scale calibration through the glasses. Night and day difference. I am using the monster glasses with a VIP 3D Theatre. I just ran the calibration last week and now I see no need to change a thing as far as 3D goes. Too bright and blacks too high for 2D viewing though. Unless its day time and the blackout shades are open. LOL
post #732 of 1065 Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtVideo View Post

Only problem is it looks like the dreaded charging resistor defect is back if you go by a recent review posted on their site. I went through that with Bit Cauldron in 2011 when they had a significant batch go through with the incorrect resistor which would not allow the glasses to charge properly.

Also the Li-Po battery that is inside them is no longer sourceable. I've written them about it a few months back and no response.

I am awaiting a new 3DRF glasses to test that has a separate RF transmitter similar to the type that comes with wireless keyboards and mice. All the adjustments are on the glasses frame and have various presets for different displays and other adjustments. No more messing with the jstick on the transmitter at least.

Since I already have Monster/3DVIP RF glasses I am going to forego adding any more since there is no battery replacement at this point. It also appears Monsters customer service is not responding for replacement glasses if they don't charge.

Thanks for posting the deal just the same.

Well my two new pair charged up just fine! All is well.
post #733 of 1065 Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

Only problem is it looks like the dreaded charging resistor defect is back if you go by a recent review posted on their site. I went through that with Bit Cauldron in 2011 when they had a significant batch go through with the incorrect resistor which would not allow the glasses to charge properly.

Also the Li-Po battery that is inside them is no longer sourceable. I've written them about it a few months back and no response.

I am awaiting a new 3DRF glasses to test that has a separate RF transmitter similar to the type that comes with wireless keyboards and mice. All the adjustments are on the glasses frame and have various presets for different displays and other adjustments. No more messing with the jstick on the transmitter at least.

Since I already have Monster/3DVIP RF glasses I am going to forego adding any more since there is no battery replacement at this point. It also appears Monsters customer service is not responding for replacement glasses if they don't charge.

Thanks for posting the deal just the same.

Which glasses are you talking about? This something new being release by 3DVIP?

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #734 of 1065 Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinsterSXRD View Post

Well the 3Dfury did not work out for me so I had to return it and 2 pairs of monster 3d max glasses. I had another set I purchased that is open box, any one interested in 2 pairs? PM me and I will give you a good price.

These two pairs I mentioned have been sold!

HT Set Up: Epson 8350, Sony Strd G-920, JBL 7.1 Venue series speakers, JBL Sub12 subwoofer, Harmony One remote, Xbox 360, PS3, Sony BDP S350, Toshiba HDA2, Directv HR-24 DVR.
post #735 of 1065 Old 05-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Which glasses are you talking about? This something new being release by 3DVIP?

Yes 3DVIP had the problem in 2011 and Bit Cauldron also makes them for Monstervision. The symptoms are very similar. I worked with Bit Cauldron last year by sending in test and measurements on some of the 3DVIP group glasses and it was estimated about 40 units made it through production with the incorrect resistor which prevents them from ever reaching their charge design. In the end the count was somewhat higher.

It can certainly happen again depending on shift or line changes in Asia. So I am not surprised if it appears on the Monster product.

Just in case you are referring to new RF glasses, then yes I am awaiting a set of new design 3DNOW/3DVIP RF glasses.
post #736 of 1065 Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

Just in case you are referring to new RF glasses, then yes I am awaiting a set of new design 3DNOW/3DVIP RF glasses.

That's what I was referring to. Are you waiting as in hopeful they will design something new or is that confirmed and you are waiting to test the product?

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #737 of 1065 Old 05-24-2012, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes 3DVIP had the problem in 2011 and Bit Cauldron also makes them for Monstervision. The symptoms are very similar. I worked with Bit Cauldron last year by sending in test and measurements on some of the 3DVIP group glasses and it was estimated about 40 units made it through production with the incorrect resistor which prevents them from ever reaching their charge design. In the end the count was somewhat higher.

It can certainly happen again depending on shift or line changes in Asia. So I am not surprised if it appears on the Monster product.

If you get these you will still have to make sure your old glasses are in sync with the new ones. I would rather have one location to change polarity and know all the others are in sync too. With a button on the glasses you could have some right and some wrongly set. Sort of like how ir glasses can be if you look away from the screen and back. It could change. At least that what it said happened when they reviewed the VIP 3D Theatre in the latest magazine article.
post #738 of 1065 Old 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

If you get these you will still have to make sure your old glasses are in sync with the new ones. I would rather have one location to change polarity and know all the others are in sync too. With a button on the glasses you could have some right and some wrongly set. Sort of like how ir glasses can be if you look away from the screen and back. It could change. At least that what it said happened when they reviewed the VIP 3D Theatre in the latest magazine article.

Understand that and by getting a hands-on I hope to see what inconvenient issues appear. Ideally, if one pair could report back to the transmitter the polarity adjustment, it could then reset all to that setting. Or at the USB transmitter just have a small REVPOL button. I hope to give them feedback if there's any dislikes in it.

Could you point me to the magazine article you are referring?

Tnx
post #739 of 1065 Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Understand that and by getting a hands-on I hope to see what inconvenient issues appear. Ideally, if one pair could report back to the transmitter the polarity adjustment, it could then reset all to that setting. Or at the USB transmitter just have a small REVPOL button. I hope to give them feedback if there's any dislikes in it.

Could you point me to the magazine article you are referring?

Tnx

That would be cool if it would report back to the transmitter!

Widescreen Review, April 2012 issue. An article on the VIP 3D Theatre. It was good...based on 3D on 2D TV's only so the only issue was flicker but they liked it. They liked the RF glasses too. IR's were good but they did have issues with flipped eye's in some glasses after loosing the IR sync.
post #740 of 1065 Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

That's what I was referring to. Are you waiting as in hopeful they will design something new or is that confirmed and you are waiting to test the product?

These are new and unreleased but whether they have any weakness like Ronomy pointed out is what remains to be seen. Also whether they can be used in tandem with the MV glasses without interference is another question.
The presets for different display types that minimizes 60hz flicker is a plus. Some folks just haven't been able to tune them like some of us.
post #741 of 1065 Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM

So, what is the difference between MonsterVision Max 3D firmware vs. VIP. I read it's easier to change polarity, but are there other advantages? They seem very similar in their functions.
post #742 of 1065 Old 05-28-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

They are similar but the VIP is less buggy and fixes the installer problem that some have had. It also has the polarity adjustment fix
post #743 of 1065 Old 06-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

no popup when i watch some movies. i only can see depth.

how do i reset setting from the software?

post #744 of 1065 Old 06-06-2012, 08:39 AM

Liked: 11
Does anyone know where you can find the firmware update utility?
I've searched Monsters site but have only found the guide and the link in the guide for the utility doesn't work.

Disregard, I found it.

Thanks,
JT

JT
post #745 of 1065 Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgrunden View Post

Does anyone know where you can find the firmware update utility?
I've searched Monsters site but have only found the guide and the link in the guide for the utility doesn't work.
Disregard, I found it.
Thanks,
JT

It's a chore to find. The weblink listed in the quick start guide doesn't work.

I found the link under support then manuals. Use this link to get there: http://www.monsterproducts.com/manuals/default.asp

Then "Search Manuals" for the Product Code "132763". A list of links to the various manuals and firmware update utility will then be provided.
post #746 of 1065 Old 06-11-2012, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

If anyone is looking for an amazing deal on these glasses you can go to the Monster Store and get they for $59.95 each including transmitter. Use the following code to get an additional 25% off

http://electronics.monsterproducts.com/search?site=allsites&asug=&view=grid&w=3d+glasses&x=0&y=0

friendsandfamily25offx2012

When you buy 3 or more pairs you also get free shipping.

I would also recommend using the VIP firmware rather than the Monster firmware to do the update. It is newer and the VIP firmware comes from Bit Caldron the manufacture of the glasses.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27776&sid=8304adf6131b5df21e51f2e26884ea21
post #747 of 1065 Old 06-11-2012, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
If one has already applied the latest Monster update, can the utility be uninstalled and the VIP utility installed and firmware applied without issue?
post #748 of 1065 Old 06-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member

Yes.
post #749 of 1065 Old 06-11-2012, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well, i posted something along these lines earlier, but i'm doing it again.

My 4 pairs of monster glasses have great fit and performance, but i'm having SERIOUS issues with battery life.
3 of the 4 pairs last a movie, maybe 2, and then i have to charge them again. Even if i watch 1 3d movie a week, that means i have to charge them every 2 weeks. My factory Sony glasses do not have this problem. I've only charged them once, and i've had my projector for a year. MInd you I don't use them as much, but i bet they would last 15 movies or more.

As for my fourth pair, well, they won't charge or power on anymore. WTF

So i have 4 pair that either don't hold a charge, or won't work. Does nobody else have this problem? i've tried different chargers and cables, and no matter what, this is how long they last.
post #750 of 1065 Old 06-11-2012, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash66 View Post

Well, i posted something along these lines earlier, but i'm doing it again.
My 4 pairs of monster glasses have great fit and performance, but i'm having SERIOUS issues with battery life.
3 of the 4 pairs last a movie, maybe 2, and then i have to charge them again. Even if i watch 1 3d movie a week, that means i have to charge them every 2 weeks. My factory Sony glasses do not have this problem. I've only charged them once, and i've had my projector for a year. MInd you I don't use them as much, but i bet they would last 15 movies or more.
As for my fourth pair, well, they won't charge or power on anymore. WTF
So i have 4 pair that either don't hold a charge, or won't work. Does nobody else have this problem? i've tried different chargers and cables, and no matter what, this is how long they last.

I found the charger from my old LG phone to work the best with my glasses. It's a 700ma supply and my glasses last the longest after I charge with it. I don`t watch 3D that often but my glasses still work after sitting 3 plus weeks and even if I only watch a movie or two in that time. I charge them about once a month. One pair loses a little quicker than the others. 3 weeks but the others have lasted 6 weeks and still worked...as long as I used that LG charger. My 850ma charger charges more quickly and the charge doesn't last as long.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Monster Vision Max Active 3d Glasses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page