post #61 of 1063 Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

If your TV/Projector has a Vesa 3D port on the back, you don't need an extra emitter, the kit comes with one that you plug directly into that port.

Ok I'm currently using dlp glasses which don't need anything to watch 3d with my mits 73738 because it just links up.

I don't want to use active dlp glasses anymore.

I want the Monster glasses because their glasses are the clear with the least green tint.

Yes I have a vesa port but I don't own an emitter and an emitter is needed for
RF glasses with the mits TV.

Now just to be sure before I buy the monster glasses...

So you are saying if I want to go the RF route using the monster glasses
that all I need is the monster kit which includes the emitter and ir converter to RF ?

I only ask because because a member here on AVS has posted a video on youtube showing an emitter and the IR converter to RF for his monster setup and I don't see both items in Monsters Kit.

Thats why I'm thinking he had to buy an emitter for the monster kit.

Thanks

See My AVS Classified Ad .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1063 Old 05-09-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter81 View Post

So, even though the port is supposed to be for an IR emitter, the monster vision rf adaptor will work??

I've got the same situation as a previous poster. Mits WD-73838 with no 3D "stuff" yet. I was hoping the device could be plugged directly into my tv without having to buy an IR adaptor.

You can buy cheap ultraclears glasses for $49 (This is what I'm cureently using)and you wouldn't need anything else because your model and mine is ready to go for 3d if all you want is dlp link glasses.

If you want RF glasses we would need to buy an emitter to plug into the vesa port in the back to go with RF glasses.

What I'm looking to find out is does the monster RF kit also come with an emitter.

post #63 of 1063 Old 05-09-2011, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
The monster kit does not include the IR emitter. Only the RF emitter.

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #64 of 1063 Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rain View Post

You can buy cheap ultraclears glasses for $49 (This is what I'm cureently using)and you wouldn't need anything else because your model and mine is ready to go for 3d if all you want is dlp link glasses.

If you want RF glasses we would need to buy an emitter to plug into the vesa port in the back to go with RF glasses.

What I'm looking to find out is does the monster RF kit also come with an emitter.

Yeah, haven't heard great things about dlp link which is why I'm interested in IR or RF. Can the RF emitter be plugged into the port on the Mits?
post #65 of 1063 Old 05-09-2011, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, haven't heard great things about dlp link which is why I'm interested in IR or RF. Can the RF emitter be plugged into the port on the Mits?

Yes.

post #66 of 1063 Old 05-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm also curious if the Monstervision RF emitter can be plugged into the VESA port on the Optoma 3d-xl converter. Anybody know?
post #67 of 1063 Old 05-10-2011, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfyncsu7 View Post

I'm also curious if the Monstervision RF emitter can be plugged into the VESA port on the Optoma 3d-xl converter. Anybody know?

I don't know but if the optoma vesa port is a 3 din vesa port then it should.

Take a close up look of the optoma port and then a close up look at the monster port and see if they match up.

You can go to monster's site and optoma websites and zoom in on the ports.

Goodluck and post back what you find ...it will help other people who might
want to do the same thing..

Thanks

post #68 of 1063 Old 05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post

Thanks..I had a feeling it didn't come with the emitter.

Need to find a cheap ir emitter

From what I understand the RF emitter is taking the IR signal and converting it to RF for the RF glasses.

So if I have an IR and RF emitter but only one vesa 3 din port how do I set it up ?

post #69 of 1063 Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha View Post

Hi

Hyabusha

I have viewed your youtube video review of the Monster RF glasses and the part that interest me the most is the tint when you compare them to the
samsung/Mits glasses starting at the 4 minute mark. Great job with
showing the difference in the tint between the glasses.

I have the ultra clear glasses which work just fine but somewhat uncomfortable with prescription glasses but the thing that bothers me the most about them is the green tint..It really bothers me.

I was wondering if you have any ultra clear glasses that you could compare with the Monster glasses tint.

I'm ready to buy the monster kit but need to know if the green tint is less than my ultra clear glasses.

I don't want to spend this kind of money on the monster kit plus more $ on an emitter if the tint is the same as my ultra clear glasses.

This green tint drives me crazy more than anything else.

Thanks for your time and thanks for the video review..really appreciate it.

post #70 of 1063 Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Do you need a ir to rf adapter to use these glasses with a 3D adapter like the 3D-xl or VIP theatre?
post #71 of 1063 Old 05-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Thanks..I had a feeling it didn't come with the emitter.

Need to find a cheap ir emitter

From what I understand the RF emitter is taking the IR signal and converting it to RF for the RF glasses.

So if I have an IR and RF emitter but only one vesa 3 din port how do I set it up ?

The Monstervision uses the same port as the IR emitter and you don't need to have an IR emitter when using Monstervision 3D glasses. The "Kit" comes with everything you need to see 3D.
post #72 of 1063 Old 05-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:

So, even though the port is supposed to be for an IR emitter, the monster vision rf adaptor will work??

I've got the same situation as a previous poster. Mits WD-73838 with no 3D "stuff" yet. I was hoping the device could be plugged directly into my tv without having to buy an IR adaptor.

I just purchased the 82738 and the monster glasses a few days ago.

the answer is YES.

You do not need to buy an IR emitter. The Monster uses the same port.

If you already have IR glasses and an IR emitter and only ONE port and you want to switch between IR and RF, I guess you'd have to continually unplug the Monster RF emitter cabling and then plug in the IR emitter and vis versa.
post #73 of 1063 Old 05-11-2011, 05:53 PM

The only other thing to mention is that if you want to go with the Monster RF Glasses, you have to make sure and buy the "Kit".

The Kit sells for $250 and includes 1 pair of 3d Glasses and the RF emitter and USB charging cable (everything you need to see 3D on a Mits TV that has the standard IR Emitter port).

They also sell the 3D glasses individually for $150 which don't come with anything but the glasses and a USB charging cable
post #74 of 1063 Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM

Mitsubishi 738 series owner chiming in (updated fimware)

I am 100% pleased with the monster vision glasses. I do not have the Mitsu converter box and these glasses work in every mode.. Side by Side / Top to Bottom / checkerboard. I currently have comcast and had a few problems with the ESPN 3D (setting the cable box to 720p resolution) but figured it out after 3 hours of trying every combination possible =) They may be pricey but the no battery changing / able to goto Bestbuy and impulse buy is great!! LOL.. also the glasses tint is very nice.

One tip for you Mitsubishi owners that haven't gone 3d yet... Make sure you delete all your input tags in your tv menu settings before you hook up the monster RF transmitter. Let the tv learn all the HDMI over again then switch over to the Desired 3D format you wish to use. It will save you plenty of troubleshooting / hairpulling =) If you do not reset or switch the HDMI input to the tv the trasmitter may not (WILL NOT) detect the 3d signal and make you wonder about buying the Mistu converter box

Now for a question.. How many of you manually adjusted the transmitter? I was reading the full owners manual online and there are so many adjustments. which one's have you guys spent the most time on?

Thanks

Bryan
post #75 of 1063 Old 05-17-2011, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Hey,

3D VIP sells the same glasses and emitter for less. As an added bonus, they don't say MONSTER on them.

You can get a kit with glasses and emitter for $199 or just a pair of the glasses for $129.

If you like paying more for Monster then that's still and always will be an option.

http://www.consignia.ca/products/VIP...asses-Kit.html

=Brian
post #76 of 1063 Old 05-17-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryangreen View Post

Mitsubishi 738 series owner chiming in (updated fimware)

I am 100% pleased with the monster vision glasses. I do not have the Mitsu converter box and these glasses work in every mode.. Side by Side / Top to Bottom / checkerboard. I currently have comcast and had a few problems with the ESPN 3D (setting the cable box to 720p resolution) but figured it out after 3 hours of trying every combination possible =) They may be pricey but the no battery changing / able to goto Bestbuy and impulse buy is great!! LOL.. also the glasses tint is very nice.

One tip for you Mitsubishi owners that haven't gone 3d yet... Make sure you delete all your input tags in your tv menu settings before you hook up the monster RF transmitter. Let the tv learn all the HDMI over again then switch over to the Desired 3D format you wish to use. It will save you plenty of troubleshooting / hairpulling =) If you do not reset or switch the HDMI input to the tv the trasmitter may not (WILL NOT) detect the 3d signal and make you wonder about buying the Mistu converter box

Now for a question.. How many of you manually adjusted the transmitter? I was reading the full owners manual online and there are so many adjustments. which one's have you guys spent the most time on?

Thanks

Bryan

Great info!! Leaning more and more towards these every day.
post #77 of 1063 Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post

Hey,

3D VIP sells the same glasses and emitter for less. As an added bonus, they don't say MONSTER on them.

You can get a kit with glasses and emitter for $199 or just a pair of the glasses for $129.

If you like paying more for Monster then that's still and always will be an option.

=Brian

You do not get the IR receiver with the VIP kit!
post #78 of 1063 Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Ok. I would not want or need the ir receiver but that's a good point.

The extra glasses are still cheaper.
post #79 of 1063 Old 05-17-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok. I would not want or need the ir receiver but that's a good point.

The extra glasses are still cheaper.

True! They might not sell any unless you buy a VIP product. At least for a while because they have very low stock right now and haven't filled all the orders for the VIP converters yet. You may wait for weeks before you get glasses. I am still waiting for mine and I ordered April 7th.
post #80 of 1063 Old 05-18-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewer View Post

does this glasses compatible with nvidia 3d version or not?

I'm guessing that the adaptor that comes with the glasses that coverts from ir to rf could work on the nvidia ir emiitter but would be good if someone could confirm

Actually there seems to be a lot of confusion whether the glasses kit comes with:

A Vesa 3 pin rf transmitter

And an ir to rf transmitter?
post #81 of 1063 Old 05-18-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Hey,

=Brian
Brian,
Thanks on the info about the vip's. I have two pair at the moment and when I want to get more I will save the dough and order online. I'm old school and still like to buy from the local stores so I can return and or try something else.

Have you made any adjustments yet? I havent really messed with the joystick adjustments or went thru my pc have you?

Thanks

Bryan <--- The cool way to spell it btw =) Every Brian I have met were dicks!
post #82 of 1063 Old 05-18-2011, 08:37 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunti View Post

I'm guessing that the adaptor that comes with the glasses that coverts from ir to rf could work on the nvidia ir emiitter but would be good if someone could confirm

Actually there seems to be a lot of confusion whether the glasses kit comes with:

A Vesa 3 pin rf transmitter

And an ir to rf transmitter
?

The Monster adaptor converts IR to RF but unfortunately it doesn't work with the Nvidia IR emitter. Maybe they will patch it one day with a firmware update but no go for now.

The kit came with a vesa 3 pin cable to hook into the transmitter. It also has an IR to RF transmitter where you place it near an IR emitter (not included).

The one thing I don't like about the glasses is the power on button. It doesn't even feel like a button. It's very hard to cut on with my big thumbs.
post #83 of 1063 Old 05-20-2011, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi

Hyabusha

I was wondering if you have any ultra clear glasses that you could compare with the Monster glasses tint.

This green tint drives me crazy more than anything else.

Thanks for your time and thanks for the video review..really appreciate it.

Hey Blue, I don't have the Ultra clear to compare, but from what I've read they have the same tint as the samsung/mits glasses.

post #84 of 1063 Old 05-23-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac4lyfe
The Monster adaptor converts IR to RF but unfortunately it doesn't work with the Nvidia IR emitter. Maybe they will patch it one day with a firmware update but no go for now.

The kit came with a vesa 3 pin cable to hook into the transmitter. It also has an IR to RF transmitter where you place it near an IR emitter (not included).

The one thing I don't like about the glasses is the power on button. It doesn't even feel like a button. It's very hard to cut on with my big thumbs.
Thanks that's a big help I was just about to order these. Little point if they don't work with nvidia emitter. Real shame. Who is the actual manufacturer of these as I presume monster and VIP just license them from someone else? That way I can try and get support added.

Thanks.
post #85 of 1063 Old 05-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunti View Post
Thanks that's a big help I was just about to order these. Little point if they don't work with nvidia emitter. Real shame. Who is the actual manufacturer of these as I presume monster and VIP just license them from someone else? That way I can try and get support added.

Thanks.
I believe it is Bit Cauldron, see their BC5000 model.
post #86 of 1063 Old 05-23-2011, 03:07 PM

Hello All,

Great thread and thanks for all the info. I live in south oc and I'm looking for a retail chain that I can buy these at. I want to get them at a tail chain so I can return them if I don't like them. I called best buy and they said they didn't carry these glasses.

Edit: I found out my local fry's had them and I just went and picked them up. I will try them out tonight. Lets see if I can get my ps3 to output 3d to my mitsu wd-65838. Thanks again for all the help in this thread.
post #87 of 1063 Old 05-28-2011, 08:36 PM

I didnt see this brought up here yet, so how is the fit as compared to the samsung and panny glasses? Ive only tried the medium panansonics for reference...
post #88 of 1063 Old 05-30-2011, 09:16 AM

WOW....these Monster glasses are great !!!

Expensive, yes....but, great.

I've got three pair and will end up getting more when the budget frees up a bit.

Fit is substantially better than the Samsung/Mits, ROCK SOLID connection with RF, fantastic 3D, super comfortable, RECHARGEABLE, hold a charge for at least 40 hours, fits over regular glasses with ease....and, THEY TURN THEMSELVES off automatically !!

Just plug the transmitter in to the IR connection (at least on my Mits) and they just work instantly.

I'm NOT a fan of Monster products and I don't normally buy any of their products, they always seem overpriced for the quality of what you get.

But, not in this case.

I couldn't be happier with them.

I use them with a Mits 82738 and they work perfectly.

No comparison to IR or DLP connection and much better made and more comfortable than the samsung/mits glasses.
post #89 of 1063 Old 06-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If anyone wants to sell me the ir receiver for the newer tv's please pm me . I need it for my samsung. A lot of the older tv owners only need the vesa module.
post #90 of 1063 Old 06-06-2011, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Read something in Widescreen Review that they (bit Cauldron) are working on a fix for JVC LCOS projectors so that the MAX 3D glasses polarization doesn't block as much light using the new JVC 3D projectors. Has anybody heard any news if they have fixed it? The article said they were looking to see if it could be fixed with a firmware change.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Monster Vision Max Active 3d Glasses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page