Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 1065 Old 01-31-2014, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post

No, the button is only an ON button. There is no OFF function, and as Rolls-Royce said, they power off when no signal found after a set time.

Are you saying that you can't turn them On?

No it's an on / off button. It clearly states it in the booklet. And no I can't them on OR OFF

Red lights continues to flash when I press button. And when I'm charging it says on all the time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1065 Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecossecableman View Post

No it's an on / off button. It clearly states it in the booklet. And no I can't them on OR OFF

Red lights continues to flash when I press button. And when I'm charging it says on all the time
Sound like they're working just fine. The lights will flash while charging and turn off when complete. Also, the lights will flash when turned on, but the light will turn off when a signal is found and sync'd so as not to interfere with viewing. And as mentioned, the glasses will turn themselves off after lack of signal.

Are you able to watch 3D with them?

Visit the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.0 done and finally posted! - 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And now...
post #993 of 1065 Old 01-31-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:

Sound like they're working just fine. The lights will flash while charging and turn off when complete. Also, the lights will flash when turned on, but the light will turn off when a signal is found and sync'd so as not to interfere with viewing. And as mentioned, the glasses will turn themselves off after lack of signal.

Are you able to watch 3D with them?

HI

As stated they don't turn off when fully charged. EVER. Red lights remains on

No light doesn't turn off. It stays flashing all the time - but 5 green lights are showing in the other device

Respectfully, of course it's not showing 3 D
post #994 of 1065 Old 01-31-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

HI

As stated they don't turn off when fully charged. EVER. Red lights remains on

No light doesn't turn off. It stays flashing all the time - but 5 green lights are showing in the other device

Respectfully, of course it's not showing 3 D
If you're not getting 3D, despite 5 green lights, it does then sound like there is a problem with them. Have you tried updating the firmware? To do so, you need to plug the piece with the 5 green lights into a PC, update the firmware on that device, and then replug it in to the projector. I don't recall the resync procedure, but it should be in the manual. When the glassed re-sync, the new firmware will be downloaded into them.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to return or replace them under warranty if they're new.

Visit the

And now...
post #995 of 1065 Old 01-31-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:

If you're not getting 3D, despite 5 green lights, it does then sound like there is a problem with them. Have you tried updating the firmware? To do so, you need to plug the piece with the 5 green lights into a PC, update the firmware on that device, and then replug it in to the projector. I don't recall the resync procedure, but it should be in the manual. When the glassed re-sync, the new firmware will be downloaded into them.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to return or replace them under warranty if they're new.

Thx. I had no idea u could update the firmware. Ill try it

It's not a PJ its a tv. The wire sits near the 3 D sensor

No warranty

Maybe the problem IS they're not synching to the small device
post #996 of 1065 Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:

No, the button is only an ON button. There is no OFF function, and as Rolls-Royce said, they power off when no signal found after a set time.

Are you saying that you can't turn them On?

You beat me to it! wink.gif

ecossecableman: The Monster glasses were of the early series of Bit Cauldron-produced glasses. These would produce a slow rhythmic pulsing of the red LED (called "heartbeat" by BC) on the glasses when they were fully charged. Unfortunately, many of these glasses developed problems due to out-of-spec resistors in their charging circuits, and it sounds like yours may have fallen victim to this. The problem surfaced not only in Monster-branded glasses, but in those rebranded and sold by other companies. Bit Cauldron did locate and correct the problem, but Monster had gotten out of that business by the time the fix was incorporated.

There is a happy ending to this. The later Bit Cauldron glasses do not suffer from the charging issue, are available from VIP, Optoma, and EStar, and will work perfectly with your Monster emitter, so you can replace the glasses but don't have to buy a new emitter. BC also left the "heartbeat" charging indicator behind: the newer glasses have an LED that turns off when charging is complete. And the EStar glasses do have an on-off function on their power switch. The VIP glasses use their power switch for On only (still auto-shutoff), but also use it to quickly reverse glasses polarity.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #997 of 1065 Old 02-01-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

ecossecableman: The Monster glasses were of the early series of Bit Cauldron-produced glasses. These would produce a slow rhythmic pulsing of the red LED (called "heartbeat" by BC) on the glasses when they were fully charged. Unfortunately, many of these glasses developed problems due to out-of-spec resistors in their charging circuits, and it sounds like yours may have fallen victim to this. The problem surfaced not only in Monster-branded glasses, but in those rebranded and sold by other companies. Bit Cauldron did locate and correct the problem, but Monster had gotten out of that business by the time the fix was incorporated.

There is a happy ending to this. The later Bit Cauldron glasses do not suffer from the charging issue, are available from VIP, Optoma, and EStar, and will work perfectly with your Monster emitter, so you can replace the glasses but don't have to buy a new emitter. BC also left the "heartbeat" charging indicator behind: the newer glasses have an LED that turns off when charging is complete. And the EStar glasses do have an on-off function on their power switch. The VIP glasses use their power switch for On only (still auto-shutoff), but also use it to quickly reverse glasses polarity.

now THAT is GREAT to hear. Incidentally before I do that where might I try to update the firmware
post #998 of 1065 Old 02-01-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

now THAT is GREAT to hear. Incidentally before I do that where might I try to update the firmware

Check out the EStar America website. They have a USB-based upgrade and control utility. Not only can you use it to update your emitter to the latest 1.06xx firmware (this might work with your emitter and it might not), but it allows you to fine tune glasses delay and duty cycle from a computer without having to futz with that joystick on the emitter.
ecossecableman likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #999 of 1065 Old 02-01-2014, 05:18 PM

Many thx for that info RR
post #1000 of 1065 Old 02-01-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Many thx for that info RR

You bet. Hope you get it all up and running. Adding 3D capability via the Theatre/emitter/glasses has been the one upgrade I've made to our HT gear that the wife absolutely loves!

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1001 of 1065 Old 02-04-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:

You bet. Hope you get it all up and running. Adding 3D capability via the Theatre/emitter/glasses has been the one upgrade I've made to our HT gear that the wife absolutely loves!

well I connected to the Estar site. downloaded the upgrade utility and ran it with the emitter connected to my PC

My current frequency is 0.000 surely that not right?

I clicked on upgrade.

firmware is showing v1.06.204 before and after I ran upgrade

I thought Id checked with the old Monster glasses anyway

NOW THE EMITTER ISNT PICKING UP THE 3D SYNCH AT ALL- NO GREEN LIGHTS ONLY RED FLASHING

confused? you bet!
post #1002 of 1065 Old 02-04-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

well I connected to the Estar site. downloaded the upgrade utility and ran it with the emitter connected to my PC

My current frequency is 0.000 surely that not right?

I clicked on upgrade.

firmware is showing v1.06.204 before and after I ran upgrade

I thought Id checked with the old Monster glasses anyway

NOW THE EMITTER ISNT PICKING UP THE 3D SYNCH AT ALL- NO GREEN LIGHTS ONLY RED FLASHING

confused? you bet!

The actual firmware in the emitter is reported at the bottom of the utility's window. The firmware number shown on the upgrade tab will not change, it is the firmware version that version of the utility comes with. The emitter has to be connected via the sync cable to an ACTIVE sync source (with 3D programming running) and via USB to the computer before the utility will report a frequency.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1003 of 1065 Old 02-05-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:

The actual firmware in the emitter is reported at the bottom of the utility's window. The firmware number shown on the upgrade tab will not change, it is the firmware version that version of the utility comes with. The emitter has to be connected via the sync cable to an ACTIVE sync source (with 3D programming running) and via USB to the computer before the utility will report a frequency.

thx the emitter is showing v1.04.005
post #1004 of 1065 Old 02-05-2014, 03:49 AM

damn damn damn

two things

the Optoma DLP-Link 3D Glasses ZD302 glasses I bought are probably the wrong ones for the emitter BUT they synch up to my Sony PJ and TV THEN they quickly lose the synch - thoughts?

BUT MORE WORRYINGLY: now my Sony BR100 spex wont work with my Sony PJ BUT still work with my Sony TV

the other Sony spex I have that came with the PJ work just fine still

confused!!!!!!

any advice appreciated plz
post #1005 of 1065 Old 02-05-2014, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thx the emitter is showing v1.04.005

That's the original Monster firmware version.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1006 of 1065 Old 02-05-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

damn damn damn

two things

the Optoma DLP-Link 3D Glasses ZD302 glasses I bought are probably the wrong ones for the emitter BUT they synch up to my Sony PJ and TV THEN they quickly lose the synch - thoughts?

BUT MORE WORRYINGLY: now my Sony BR100 spex wont work with my Sony PJ BUT still work with my Sony TV

the other Sony spex I have that came with the PJ work just fine still

confused!!!!!!

any advice appreciated plz

I'm surprised that the Optomas even try to sync with your Sony products since neither of them is likely to be DLP, but that's the reason they don't hold sync. The glasses for the Monster/VIP/Estar/Optoma emitters have to be the RF ones from one of those four companies. Other RF glasses (Panasonic, Samsung, etc.) won't work since the protocols used are different.

Concerning your Sony glasses, I don't have any idea. Perhaps the TV has received a firmware update that updated the glasses and caused them to stop working with the PJ?

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1007 of 1065 Old 02-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:

I'm surprised that the Optomas even try to sync with your Sony products since neither of them is likely to be DLP, but that's the reason they don't hold sync. The glasses for the Monster/VIP/Estar/Optoma emitters have to be the RF ones from one of those four companies. Other RF glasses (Panasonic, Samsung, etc.) won't work since the protocols used are different.

Concerning your Sony glasses, I don't have any idea. Perhaps the TV has received a firmware update that updated the glasses and caused them to stop working with the PJ?

You and me both RR but synch it most certainly did-many times

now if only i could get the old BR100s working again with the 1000ES PJ THATS A MYSTERY EH?
post #1008 of 1065 Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 AM
fpr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

The kits (Glasses + RF Emitter) from Optoma (ZD2100), EStar and VIP are compatible with the IR sensor of Monster Vision Max 3D?

EStar seem doesn't international shipping. I have tried to contact them but no response to my emails (It must be that they do not want to sell !!!).
From what I've seen the EStar are cheaper than VIP and Optoma.

Thanks.
post #1009 of 1065 Old 03-13-2014, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpr View Post

The kits (Glasses + RF Emitter) from Optoma (ZD2100), EStar and VIP are compatible with the IR sensor of Monster Vision Max 3D?

EStar seem doesn't international shipping. I have tried to contact them but no response to my emails (It must be that they do not want to sell !!!).
From what I've seen the EStar are cheaper than VIP and Optoma.

Thanks.

The sensor, emitters, and glasses are all made by Bit Cauldron, so they are interchangeable. You will have to provide separate USB power to the RF emitter when using the IR sensor.

EStar's products can be found on Amazon, and I'm sure they or their UK branch would be willing to ship to you. Where are you in Spain? I was stationed at Torrejon de Ardoz outside Madrid back in the late 1970s.smile.gif
fpr likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1010 of 1065 Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 AM
fpr

Quote:

The sensor, emitters, and glasses are all made by Bit Cauldron, so they are interchangeable. You will have to provide separate USB power to the RF emitter when using the IR sensor.

EStar's products can be found on Amazon, and I'm sure they or their UK branch would be willing to ship to you. Where are you in Spain? I was stationed at Torrejon de Ardoz outside Madrid back in the late 1970s.smile.gif

Thanks. Do you know any URL where you found the EsStar kit from uk? In amazon.co.uk not sell the kit.

I live in Barcelona. A while ago in SpectraCal forum you commented me that you were stationed at Torrejon. Did you make any visit to Barcelona?

Best Regards.
post #1011 of 1065 Old 03-13-2014, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpr View Post

Thanks. Do you know any URL where you found the EsStar kit from uk? In amazon.co.uk not sell the kit.

I live in Barcelona. A while ago in SpectraCal forum you commented me that you were stationed at Torrejon. Did you make any visit to Barcelona?

Best Regards.

Actually, I've only seen the EStar products on the US website, and haven't really ever been on the UK one. Philip Sosie from EStar is a member here. If you PM hm, he may be able to help.

I never made it to Barcelona, but stayed around Madrid and its environs including Toledo and Lake Benidorm. Some of the men I worked with made it to Costa del Sol on holiday weekends. They came back sunburned and speaking in awe of the nude beaches...smile.gif
fpr likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1012 of 1065 Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 AM
fpr

Quote:

Actually, I've only seen the EStar products on the US website, and haven't really ever been on the UK one. Philip Sosie from EStar is a member here. If you PM hm, he may be able to help.

I never made it to Barcelona, but stayed around Madrid and its environs including Toledo and Lake Benidorm. Some of the men I worked with made it to Costa del Sol on holiday weekends. They came back sunburned and speaking in awe of the nude beaches...smile.gif

I'll try to communicate with Philip Sosie but from what I see in Philip profile that does not connect to the forum for months.

It is a pity that you do not visited Barcelona is a beautiful city.

Thanks.
post #1013 of 1065 Old 03-18-2014, 06:15 AM
fpr

Quote:

I sent him a private message but does not respond.

I am considering the 3D-VIP kit from curtpalme.
post #1014 of 1065 Old 03-18-2014, 01:56 PM

Liked: 11
I'm sure this has been asked before but is there a way to check the battery status? Even through a software??
It's driving me insane when I'm about to watch a movie not to know if I have enough battery to watch it or if it's a waste to recharge them.

I also can't seen to figured out how to tell if the glasses are charging or not.

post #1015 of 1065 Old 03-19-2014, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post

I'm sure this has been asked before but is there a way to check the battery status? Even through a software??
It's driving me insane when I'm about to watch a movie not to know if I have enough battery to watch it or if it's a waste to recharge them.

I also can't seen to figured out how to tell if the glasses are charging or not.
I believe when you turn them on, they blink - the number and speed of the blinks indicates battery level. I ended up buying a USB hub and just keep them plugged in all the time.

As for charging, the red light stays lit while mine are charging and then goes out when finished.

Visit the

And now...
post #1016 of 1065 Old 03-19-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:

I believe when you turn them on, they blink - the number and speed of the blinks indicates battery level. I ended up buying a USB hub and just keep them plugged in all the time.

As for charging, the red light stays lit while mine are charging and then goes out when finished.

hm I always assumed the blinking when you turn it on was the glasses searching for the signal...

post #1017 of 1065 Old 03-19-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post

hm I always assumed the blinking when you turn it on was the glasses searching for the signal...
I can't remember the exact order, but I believe the battery indication comes first, then a steady blink while it looks for the signal. Once the signal is found, the light goes out so as to not distract during the movie.

EDIT: Found this chart:

Visit the

And now...
post #1018 of 1065 Old 03-19-2014, 09:18 AM

Thanks for that. I'll save it somewhere.

post #1019 of 1065 Old 03-19-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Did anyone ever figure out how to fix the charging circuit in the old monster glasses?

post #1020 of 1065 Old 03-20-2014, 08:05 PM

My Monster battery life is getting shorter and shorter. Looking for a replacement. I am under the impression either Estar ESG6000 or Optoma (ZD2100) are compatible with the Monster's sensor. Am I right?

Other than battery life, are there other improvements in these models?

Thanks.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Monster Vision Max Active 3d Glasses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page