Forum Jump: 

post #1051 of 1065 Old 05-10-2014, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

Not really. There are some suggestions for different technologies (plasma, LCD, etc.), but not for specific models. Look for the online user's/setup guides at EStar America and 3D-VIP's websites. Some have settings for duty cycle and delay for different display types.

Thanks again. Very helpful stuff guys. I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1065 Old 06-28-2014, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
These glasses are starting to drive me crazy. They work nicely but anything that has to do with battery is inane.
It's such a pain to figure out how much battery is left and how they charge.
I plug them in to a usb wall unit, nothing blinks
I plug them in to my pc, nothing blinks

the manual says 'hold the button and release and you will get 2 long blinks for 50% battery, 6 mediums for 10% or 12 quick for close to dead"
I get 3 blinks.....

W... T... H....
post #1053 of 1065 Old 06-28-2014, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
These glasses are starting to drive me crazy. They work nicely but anything that has to do with battery is inane.
It's such a pain to figure out how much battery is left and how they charge.
I plug them in to a usb wall unit, nothing blinks
I plug them in to my pc, nothing blinks

the manual says 'hold the button and release and you will get 2 long blinks for 50% battery, 6 mediums for 10% or 12 quick for close to dead"
I get 3 blinks.....

W... T... H....
Which ones do you have? The latest ones have a red LED on the opposite temple from the charging connector that stays on until the glasses are charged, then it goes out. They will only do the rapid-flash charge indication of the blue LED next to the power switch when first turned on. The older models did a continuous slow dim-to-bright-and-back cycling of the red LED (called the "heartbeat") that indicated when they were fully charged.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #1054 of 1065 Old 06-29-2014, 07:59 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Which ones do you have? The latest ones have a red LED on the opposite temple from the charging connector that stays on until the glasses are charged, then it goes out. They will only do the rapid-flash charge indication of the blue LED next to the power switch when first turned on. The older models did a continuous slow dim-to-bright-and-back cycling of the red LED (called the "heartbeat") that indicated when they were fully charged.
I have the old ones, bought them in Dec. 2012. I know about the heartbeat but they don't do that.
Incidentally I watched Lego Movie in 3D last night and it worked perfect but it's so frustrating not knowing how much battery I have and if it's going to die in the middle of a movie.
post #1055 of 1065 Old 06-29-2014, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
monster vision 3d glasses

I went to watch a 3d movie tonight and there was a horrible ghosting issue. I tried everything I could, I read the manual, tried to adjust the glasses with the joystick as instructed by the manual. When that did absolutely nothing I tried resetting the transmitter and glasses back to factory settings. It looks like the glasses reset but the transmitter does not. I then tried to download a firmware update with absolutely no luck.
I don't know what the hell happened, they used to work really good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #1056 of 1065 Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 AM

BC300 Emitter and ZF2300GLASSES

Has anyone else noticed that Optoma now has a BC300 Emitter and ZF2300GLASSES? They note these are not compatible with the ZF2100 glasses. You would think with the new emitter starting with the letters BC it would be Bit Cauldron technology but it must not be? I wonder if they are now using Bluetooth instead? Anyone have an idea?
post #1057 of 1065 Old 07-15-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

According to the Optoma website, the new glasses are capable of 96/100/120/144Hz (44/50/60/72Hz per eye). The older ones are only up to 120Hz. My guess is that they could have made them incompatible to avoid customer service issues due to the differences in supported refresh rates. Bit Cauldron may have also changed the frequencies their system operates on to avoid interference from everything else on the 2.4 gHz band.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 07-15-2014 at 11:16 AM.
post #1058 of 1065 Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
According to the Optoma website, the new glasses are capable of 96/100/120/144Hz (44/50/60/72Hz per eye). The older ones are only up to 120Hz. My guess is that they made them incompatible to avoid customer service issues due to the differences in supported refresh rates. Bit Cauldron may have also changed the frequencies their system operates on to avoid interference from everything else on the 2.4 gHz band.
I'm not seeing that. According to the specs I found for the ZF2100 they also support 144hz.. See below..

ZF2100 Glasses Specification
Model Name/ Part No ZF2100 Glasses
Operating Frequencies 96/100/120/144Hz (44/50/60/72Hz per eye)
Operating Temperature 0'C - 40'C
Accessories Soft Carry Case, Cleaning Cloth, 2x Nose Piece, USB Charging cable
Dimensions 170 x 168 x 40 (mm)
Weight 39g
Battery Rechargeable Lithium Polymer - Up to 15 Hours use
Range Up to 40m (Dependent on environment)
Storage Conditions ≤90% Humidity
Display Requirements Projector / Display must have a “3D Sync” connector (VESA DIN3)

Source = http://www.optoma.co.uk/accessorydet...ZF2100+Glasses
post #1059 of 1065 Old 07-15-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz72 View Post
I'm not seeing that. According to the specs I found for the ZF2100 they also support 144hz.. See below..

ZF2100 Glasses Specification
Model Name/ Part No ZF2100 Glasses
Operating Frequencies 96/100/120/144Hz (44/50/60/72Hz per eye)
Operating Temperature 0'C - 40'C
Accessories Soft Carry Case, Cleaning Cloth, 2x Nose Piece, USB Charging cable
Dimensions 170 x 168 x 40 (mm)
Weight 39g
Battery Rechargeable Lithium Polymer - Up to 15 Hours use
Range Up to 40m (Dependent on environment)
Storage Conditions ≤90% Humidity
Display Requirements Projector / Display must have a “3D Sync” connector (VESA DIN3)

Source = http://www.optoma.co.uk/accessorydet...ZF2100+Glasses
My bad. The Optoma US website doesn't have the supported frequencies for the ZF2100 glasses...
However, the datasheet for the ZF2100 on the US website doesn't list 144Hz:
http://optomausa.com/webresources/fi..._Datasheet.pdf

Looks like their different national websites aren't receiving the same info, or it isn't being updated in a timely manner.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 07-15-2014 at 11:36 AM.
post #1060 of 1065 Old 08-02-2014, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by sjv

Is the latest firmware update for the Monster Vision Max 3D glasses V. 1.05.004 ? Thanks

This seems to be the latest. It updates your transmitter and glasses to the VIP version, which is the OEM software.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27776
I haven't used my Monster 3D glasses in a year or so, now when I try to use them, they still work, but the picture is slightly out of focus. I don't have the same problem when using the glasses that came with my Optoma 3D-XL, so I'm just trying to figure out how to get the glasses back in focus. Does anybody have any quick tips on how I could do this? I tried holding the joystick on the transmitter to the left for 10 seconds to reset it, but it doesn't seem that does anything.

I downloaded this program and connected my transmitter via usb, but the transmitter just shows the red lights moving from side to side and the program says "Device Not Found" even after unplugging, restarting, etc.

Last edited by JoeGrizzly; 08-02-2014 at 11:08 PM.
post #1061 of 1065 Old 08-03-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrizzly View Post
I haven't used my Monster 3D glasses in a year or so, now when I try to use them, they still work, but the picture is slightly out of focus. I don't have the same problem when using the glasses that came with my Optoma 3D-XL, so I'm just trying to figure out how to get the glasses back in focus. Does anybody have any quick tips on how I could do this? I tried holding the joystick on the transmitter to the left for 10 seconds to reset it, but it doesn't seem that does anything.

I downloaded this program and connected my transmitter via usb, but the transmitter just shows the red lights moving from side to side and the program says "Device Not Found" even after unplugging, restarting, etc.
It might be that you have the polarity swapped. Flip the glasses upside down to verify. If so, I think with the latest firmware available, you can just hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to swap the polarity.

As for connecting to your PC, I found that I had to completely delete the USB item to get it to be re-recognized.

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
post #1062 of 1065 Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
It might be that you have the polarity swapped. Flip the glasses upside down to verify. If so, I think with the latest firmware available, you can just hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to swap the polarity.

As for connecting to your PC, I found that I had to completely delete the USB item to get it to be re-recognized.
Flipping them upside down doesn't seem to do anything. I held the power button down for 10-15 seconds and it caused the 3D effect to stop working and the light to flash red. When I hit the power button again to stop the light from flashing, the 3D effect comes back, but it's still out of focus.

It's very weird because the 3D is working, but the text is not in focus. I'm just testing on the TRON menu screen where it has the text and effects together. The text is even more out of focus when you take the glasses off, so they're clearly doing something, but aren't setup properly. I would be ready to question my eye sight, but like I mentioned before, the 3D glasses that came with the 3D-XL don't have the same issue and my eye sight is pretty solid.

Is there a way I can play around with the transmitter to try and adjust the settings? I read the instruction manual, but it's pretty confusing, and the transmitter is so minimal that it makes troubleshooting even more difficult when there's no clear notification of what you're doing on any sort of LED or on the screen.
post #1063 of 1065 Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is there a way I can play around with the transmitter to try and adjust the settings? I read the instruction manual, but it's pretty confusing, and the transmitter is so minimal that it makes troubleshooting even more difficult when there's no clear notification of what you're doing on any sort of LED or on the screen.
There is a little joystick on the transmitter that lets you change the settings. The 5 LEDs on the transmitter will get lighter and darker depending on the direction you use the joystick.

post #1064 of 1065 Old 09-01-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
There is a little joystick on the transmitter that lets you change the settings. The 5 LEDs on the transmitter will get lighter and darker depending on the direction you use the joystick.
Ok, but what directions should I push them in and what lights should I look for when trying to adjust for this issue? I tried reading the manual, but it's a bit tricky to know if you're in the correct settings and I'm not quite sure what settings I need to adjust to fix this issue.
post #1065 of 1065 Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ok, but what directions should I push them in and what lights should I look for when trying to adjust for this issue? I tried reading the manual, but it's a bit tricky to know if you're in the correct settings and I'm not quite sure what settings I need to adjust to fix this issue.
The lights on the transmitter will light up as you press one direction or the other. 1 light is lowest setting, 5 lights is highest setting. To be honest, I don't think you're going to be able to fix this problem. It sounds like something is wrong with either the transmitter or the glasses themselves and I don't think any of the settings will correct out of focus issues. I got so fed up with the batteries in the Monster glasses that I ended up going back to IR.

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Monster Vision Max Active 3d Glasses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page