Official Monster Vision Max 3D Thread - Page 36 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1051 of 1059 Old 05-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Member
 
Witchboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

Not really. There are some suggestions for different technologies (plasma, LCD, etc.), but not for specific models. Look for the online user's/setup guides at EStar America and 3D-VIP's websites. Some have settings for duty cycle and delay for different display types.

Thanks again. Very helpful stuff guys. I appreciate it.
Witchboard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1052 of 1059 Old 06-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Member
 
Drakul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
These glasses are starting to drive me crazy. They work nicely but anything that has to do with battery is inane.
It's such a pain to figure out how much battery is left and how they charge.
I plug them in to a usb wall unit, nothing blinks
I plug them in to my pc, nothing blinks

the manual says 'hold the button and release and you will get 2 long blinks for 50% battery, 6 mediums for 10% or 12 quick for close to dead"
I get 3 blinks.....

W... T... H....
Drakul is offline  
post #1053 of 1059 Old 06-28-2014, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
These glasses are starting to drive me crazy. They work nicely but anything that has to do with battery is inane.
It's such a pain to figure out how much battery is left and how they charge.
I plug them in to a usb wall unit, nothing blinks
I plug them in to my pc, nothing blinks

the manual says 'hold the button and release and you will get 2 long blinks for 50% battery, 6 mediums for 10% or 12 quick for close to dead"
I get 3 blinks.....

W... T... H....
Which ones do you have? The latest ones have a red LED on the opposite temple from the charging connector that stays on until the glasses are charged, then it goes out. They will only do the rapid-flash charge indication of the blue LED next to the power switch when first turned on. The older models did a continuous slow dim-to-bright-and-back cycling of the red LED (called the "heartbeat") that indicated when they were fully charged.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is online now  
post #1054 of 1059 Old 06-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Member
 
Drakul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Which ones do you have? The latest ones have a red LED on the opposite temple from the charging connector that stays on until the glasses are charged, then it goes out. They will only do the rapid-flash charge indication of the blue LED next to the power switch when first turned on. The older models did a continuous slow dim-to-bright-and-back cycling of the red LED (called the "heartbeat") that indicated when they were fully charged.
I have the old ones, bought them in Dec. 2012. I know about the heartbeat but they don't do that.
Incidentally I watched Lego Movie in 3D last night and it worked perfect but it's so frustrating not knowing how much battery I have and if it's going to die in the middle of a movie.
Drakul is offline  
post #1055 of 1059 Old 06-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Newbie
 
The Knuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
monster vision 3d glasses

I went to watch a 3d movie tonight and there was a horrible ghosting issue. I tried everything I could, I read the manual, tried to adjust the glasses with the joystick as instructed by the manual. When that did absolutely nothing I tried resetting the transmitter and glasses back to factory settings. It looks like the glasses reset but the transmitter does not. I then tried to download a firmware update with absolutely no luck.
I don't know what the hell happened, they used to work really good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Knuckle is offline  
post #1056 of 1059 Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Newbie
 
spudz72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
BC300 Emitter and ZF2300GLASSES

Has anyone else noticed that Optoma now has a BC300 Emitter and ZF2300GLASSES? They note these are not compatible with the ZF2100 glasses. You would think with the new emitter starting with the letters BC it would be Bit Cauldron technology but it must not be? I wonder if they are now using Bluetooth instead? Anyone have an idea?
spudz72 is offline  
post #1057 of 1059 Old 07-15-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
According to the Optoma website, the new glasses are capable of 96/100/120/144Hz (44/50/60/72Hz per eye). The older ones are only up to 120Hz. My guess is that they could have made them incompatible to avoid customer service issues due to the differences in supported refresh rates. Bit Cauldron may have also changed the frequencies their system operates on to avoid interference from everything else on the 2.4 gHz band.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 07-15-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Rolls-Royce is online now  
post #1058 of 1059 Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Newbie
 
spudz72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
According to the Optoma website, the new glasses are capable of 96/100/120/144Hz (44/50/60/72Hz per eye). The older ones are only up to 120Hz. My guess is that they made them incompatible to avoid customer service issues due to the differences in supported refresh rates. Bit Cauldron may have also changed the frequencies their system operates on to avoid interference from everything else on the 2.4 gHz band.
I'm not seeing that. According to the specs I found for the ZF2100 they also support 144hz.. See below..

ZF2100 Glasses Specification
Model Name/ Part No ZF2100 Glasses
Operating Frequencies 96/100/120/144Hz (44/50/60/72Hz per eye)
Operating Temperature 0'C - 40'C
Accessories Soft Carry Case, Cleaning Cloth, 2x Nose Piece, USB Charging cable
Dimensions 170 x 168 x 40 (mm)
Weight 39g
Battery Rechargeable Lithium Polymer - Up to 15 Hours use
Range Up to 40m (Dependent on environment)
Storage Conditions ≤90% Humidity
Display Requirements Projector / Display must have a “3D Sync” connector (VESA DIN3)

Source = http://www.optoma.co.uk/accessorydet...ZF2100+Glasses
spudz72 is offline  
post #1059 of 1059 Old 07-15-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz72 View Post
I'm not seeing that. According to the specs I found for the ZF2100 they also support 144hz.. See below..

ZF2100 Glasses Specification
Model Name/ Part No ZF2100 Glasses
Operating Frequencies 96/100/120/144Hz (44/50/60/72Hz per eye)
Operating Temperature 0'C - 40'C
Accessories Soft Carry Case, Cleaning Cloth, 2x Nose Piece, USB Charging cable
Dimensions 170 x 168 x 40 (mm)
Weight 39g
Battery Rechargeable Lithium Polymer - Up to 15 Hours use
Range Up to 40m (Dependent on environment)
Storage Conditions ≤90% Humidity
Display Requirements Projector / Display must have a “3D Sync” connector (VESA DIN3)

Source = http://www.optoma.co.uk/accessorydet...ZF2100+Glasses
My bad. The Optoma US website doesn't have the supported frequencies for the ZF2100 glasses...
However, the datasheet for the ZF2100 on the US website doesn't list 144Hz:
http://optomausa.com/webresources/fi..._Datasheet.pdf

Looks like their different national websites aren't receiving the same info, or it isn't being updated in a timely manner.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 07-15-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Rolls-Royce is online now  
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Monster Vision Max Active 3d Glasses

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off