post #241 of 1059 Old 11-08-2011, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post

I have the JVC glasses for the rs40, Do these look better. Also my screen retains some polarization, will this be darker then the JVC glasses.

Thanks

The Monster glasses will be darker with a JVC projector. Flip the glasses upside down and the image will be a lot brighter. Polarized light coming from the JVC doesn't match the monster or VIP glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 1059 Old 11-08-2011, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone please tell me if these glasses have reflections on the inside of the lenses from objects behind your seating position?

Thanks,

Frank
post #243 of 1059 Old 11-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Yes ftlee. However if the picture completely fills your field of view its not a problem as reflections get lost, otherwise they are visible.
post #244 of 1059 Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 AM

Hi ! I just got the MV kit, and, trying to sync it with my Sony VW95 PJ, it doesn't seem to catch the signal, although I placed the IR sensor right in front of the unit for like 3'. Nothing, only red lights desperately searching for a signal even though Tron 3D was on in glorious 3D. Any advice would be very appreciated !

Thanks !
post #245 of 1059 Old 11-16-2011, 01:37 AM

Those glasses are compatible with Panasonic PT-AE7000/PT-AT5000 ? i already bought my VPR...but i wanna get some glasses..and i dont like original TY-EW3D3...

thx
post #246 of 1059 Old 11-18-2011, 05:49 AM

Liked: 11
I'm using these with a RS50, without an IR emitter, but the RF emitter plugged directly into the projector. This seems to be problematic, almost random. I was wondering if anyone else out there uses theirs this way, and if they also have issues with sync. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it won't sync unless I mess with unplugging and replugging the power and emitter wires to the RF unit, and other times it just will not sync no matter what I do.

Also, I cannot seem to get the Monster software to connect to the RF emitter while it is also plugged into the JVC. This makes it useless to adjust parameters. Any work arounds to this?

Thanks, I hope someone can help!
post #247 of 1059 Old 11-20-2011, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I used Fine Tuning mode by using just the joystick, not with the software. Now that it is dialed in perfectly I would like to capture the values of the two parameters for future reference.

However, when I connect the Monstervision box to my PC and run the software, it just defaults to showing values of 20 and 10 for the two parameters. I know for certain these are not my numbers (not anywhere close).

Is there a way to read with the software (or otherwise) what the numbers are? If not I guess I will have to tune it with the PC from scratch - would rather not have to go there and risk not dialing it back in as good as I have it.

BTW I am using this with the Sony VW95 and it works incredibly well. Much better than the Sony glasses as anyone familiar with the Monstervision glasses will not be surprised.
post #248 of 1059 Old 11-25-2011, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftlee View Post

Can someone please tell me if these glasses have reflections on the inside of the lenses from objects behind your seating position?

Thanks,

Frank

Yes, just about any 3D glasses I have/had do however...
post #249 of 1059 Old 11-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Liked: 13
franakin - did you push the plug all the way in? For the first 5 minutes I didn't push the minijack all the way in, so got searching red dots. When I pushed a bit harder, it was able to start working.
post #250 of 1059 Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.West View Post

franakin - did you push the plug all the way in? For the first 5 minutes I didn't push the minijack all the way in, so got searching red dots. When I pushed a bit harder, it was able to start working.

+1 the jack is really stiff. I am always worried I'm going to break the thing given the pressure I sometimes have to use to get it to fully fit in the plug.
post #251 of 1059 Old 12-05-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

+1 the jack is really stiff. I am always worried I'm going to break the thing given the pressure I sometimes have to use to get it to fully fit in the plug.

Pushed it all the way in, viking style. It's working nicely now...Still, I've been used to sturdier Monster products...
post #252 of 1059 Old 12-13-2011, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have an ACER H5360 and am looking for really good but not impossibly expensive RF shutter glasses.

Does anyone know if the Monster transmitter would get a signal from a DVI Sync Splitter? The DVI Sync Splitter takes the sync out of the DVI port before passing the signal on to projector.
post #253 of 1059 Old 12-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Just put a light coat of petroleum jelly across the plug, don't glob it on. And don't worry it doesn't interfere electrically. Just kinda moisten your fingers with it and rotate the plug.
post #254 of 1059 Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 AM

Currently I'm using a pair of NXG Technology glasses for my UN46C7000 Sammy. Would buying these glasses make a big difference? I mean, does anyone notice a big difference to justify the purchase. LMK.
post #255 of 1059 Old 12-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

I briefly owned a pair of these Monsters and compared them to 2 pairs of Dlp-link glasses, TrueDepth (overpriced by the way) and Mitsubishi from Dlp 3d starter kit. Basically, they all looked the same surprisingly (except the Monsters didn't block dlp-link signal). I've comes to a conclusion that more money doesn't really make a difference in picture quality. Where the Monsters succeed is in comfort ( slightly better than the Mitsubishi) and RF signal stability. The Monsters do have a slight buzz though.

Btw, the Optomas are a clone of these which you might find cheaper.
post #256 of 1059 Old 12-15-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDholic View Post

I briefly owned a pair of these Monsters and compared them to 2 pairs of Dlp-link glasses, TrueDepth (overpriced by the way) and Mitsubishi from Dlp 3d starter kit. Basically, they all looked the same surprisingly (except the Monsters didn't block dlp-link signal). I've comes to a conclusion that more money doesn't really make a difference in picture quality. Where the Monsters succeed is in comfort ( slightly better than the Mitsubishi) and RF signal stability. The Monsters do have a slight buzz though.

Btw, the Optomas are a clone of these which you might find cheaper.

Optomas. I'll have to look into it. I saw the Sammy glasses dropped to about $30 at my local Best Buy. That's a good thing. Don't think they are rechargable, but for that price you can't beat it. At least I haven't seen anything yet.

I think what it boils down to is the movies made in 3D are not all created equal. Like, when I think 3D I want objects jumping out of the screen. A few scenes in Tron did that, Green Hornet did alright in some scenes. I'm totally going off topic, but I think I'm just expecting too much too soon in the 3D movie industry.
post #257 of 1059 Old 12-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

At $30 it's a no-brainer. I wouldn't really worry about it. You are correct in users expecting objects constantly flying out at you when thinking 3d. It should be viewed as an enhancement to movies in making you feel like you are more part of it with its depth. However, the best experience comes from a large display or it fails to impress.
post #258 of 1059 Old 12-16-2011, 03:16 AM

I just received my Monster Vision 3D glasses but unfortunately the upgrade always failed. I try to upgrade from 1.04.005 to 1.05.004. I use a Mac with VM Ware Windows XP image. I also tested it with Win7 and it always breaks after 2 seconds. I only see the red light in the middle of the transmitter.

Any feedback why this is not working?

Thanks
Cheers
Shepardos
post #259 of 1059 Old 12-16-2011, 08:00 AM

solved my update issue with an PC! The software is not VM ware compatible in terms of FW upgrade!!
post #260 of 1059 Old 12-16-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepardos View Post

solved my update issue with an PC! The software is not VM ware compatible in terms of FW upgrade!!

That's some good information, I'm a VM user myself. I have VM Fusion on my MAC and good ol' VMware on my PC.
post #261 of 1059 Old 12-16-2011, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
anybody knows what the upgrade v1.05 does?
post #262 of 1059 Old 12-18-2011, 04:24 PM

Got these this weekend. Overall the are very good. A big improvement over the Sony glasses that came with my set. Got rid of a lot of the cross talk I was seeing on my NX810 and I can move my head when watching. Set up took less than 5 minutes. My only complaint is the button on the glasses is a little difficult the push. I would recommend to anyone with a Sony 3D set. Well worth the money.
post #263 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 03:43 AM

I am using these glasses and see a phenomenon I can not name and also not solve.

Using the Optoma system glasses on a HD83.

And I got the chance to compare with dlplink glasses on the same projector.

Pictures were taken through the 3D glasses in the middle with a kodak playsport (no optical zoom/focus and no flash)

Attached images show the bug.

100_0001srfr
rf glasses right side
tower of venice cyan color band on the right

100_0002srfl
rf glasses left side
tower of venice cyan color band on the left

My next post will show the same images with the DLP link glasses.
LL
LL
post #264 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 03:52 AM

Now the same images with dlplink

100_0003sdlpr
dlp glasses right side
no problem

100_0004sdlpl
dlp glasses left side
no problem

In the time since making these pictures I have contacted Optoma but this is beyond their current understanding.

It is not only this media that show this, IMAX bugs also has scenes where I can clearly see the issue. Media by the way is played SBS from media player using SBS mode on the HD83.

I am under the impression these are the same glasses as the bitcauldron and monstervision

The RF transmitter is connected to the HD83, I have not calibrated delay or duty cycle as first I would like to know if what we see as problem has a name, I this is just plain ghosting on a DLP and nothing can be done I will sign off of and be ashamed.

If more people can test this maybe I can find a solution or at least a cause.

On newsgroup indexing sites this search should turn up the file I used to test:
"venice+sbs+3d"

Thanks
LL
LL
post #265 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 06:22 AM

The RF transmitter is connected to the HD83, I have not calibrated delay or duty cycle as first I would like to know if what we see as problem has a name, I this is just plain ghosting on a DLP and nothing can be done I will sign off of and be ashamed.

Ghosting is very rare on DLP but this is could be what ghosting caused by mismatched glasses timings would look like, since the DLPs refresh the screen many times per frame with different colors/intensities. Tune the glasses; it will probably go away.
post #266 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 06:43 AM

@ zkidz

But why would it only ghost in some area (tower) and not in the complete image?
post #267 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjren View Post

@ zkidz

But why would it only ghost in some area (tower) and not in the complete image?

try running your optoma in DLP-Link mode but try again with the RF Glasses. Like another poster verified for themselves, i'm seeing a better 3d image with RF's in DLP-Link (better than the dlp-link glasses look, and better than the RF's in the "proper" RF mode).
post #268 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post

try running your optoma in DLP-Link mode but try again with the RF Glasses. Like another poster verified for themselves, i'm seeing a better 3d image with RF's in DLP-Link (better than the dlp-link glasses look, and better than the RF's in the "proper" RF mode).

Sorry, but I tried this and there is no 3D effect with DLP glasses in RF mode (logically) and also no 3D effect in DLP link mode with RF glasses, so I don't know what you did.

DLP link mode adds red to the image, not good for RF image anyway..?
post #269 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 08:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 16
Looks like contrast crushing to me. Freeze the scene and lower the contrast till the activity goes away. Remember the factory number and put it back for other material.

Tom/guitarman
VideoDementia

Are you twisted also?
http://www.videodementia.com/sales/TomWithWires.jpg
post #270 of 1059 Old 12-20-2011, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjren View Post

Sorry, but I tried this and there is no 3D effect with DLP glasses in RF mode (logically) and also no 3D effect in DLP link mode with RF glasses, so I don't know what you did.

DLP link mode adds red to the image, not good for RF image anyway..?

people with the HD33 have tried the RF Glasses in DLP-Link mode and found good results. I'm not sure why it works, but it does and it looks great.

When I switch to DLP Glasses and go back and forth, the RF glasses have more 3d depth and the red flash is not an issue. If anything, the DLP Link glasses are too green (in order to offset the red?)

anyway, check out the posts in the HD33/3300 thread, i'm not the only one to see these results.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Monster Vision Max Active 3d Glasses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page