post #91 of 186 Old 01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by robneal81 View Post

I have a Panasonic GT25 plasma TV and two pairs of X104's, each with the same problem: In order for them to sync properly, you have to start playing the movie BEFORE turning on the glasses or you'll need to re-sync them.

Also, one of the two almost always needs re-syncing every time, no matter when you turn them on.

Anything you do to break the sync will require a total re-sync, not just a power off/ power on. Some examples: If I leave the glasses on, walk into another room, then walk back, I'll have to re sync. Sometimes if I pause the movie and my Blu ray player's screen saver comes on, I'll also have to re-sync. It's pretty annoying.

This is the third brand of 3D glasses I've tried and they're still bar FAR the best. If I could get rid of the sync program and get them to be permanently set to my TV, they'd be perfect.

You might want to consider an IR extender.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ex%2Caps%2C184

It seems that your IR signal is not reaching the glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 186 Old 01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a few pairs of the 103's and am looking at the 104's, anyone want to get rid of those 104's send me a PM. (What's the best price out there on the 104's?)
post #93 of 186 Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

I have a few pairs of the 103's and am looking at the 104's, anyone want to get rid of those 104's send me a PM. (What's the best price out there on the 104's?)

Check out Projector People for the 104's they are one of the only dealers at this time. If you push them them will give you 1 free if you buy 3 pairs.
post #94 of 186 Old 01-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

Check out Projector People for the 104's they are one of the only dealers at this time. If you push them them will give you 1 free if you buy 3 pairs.

Amazon has them for about 5 bucks more. http://www.amazon.com/XPAND-X104LX1-...7713540&sr=8-2
post #95 of 186 Old 01-28-2012, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

Amazon has them for about 5 bucks more. http://www.amazon.com/XPAND-X104LX1-...7713540&sr=8-2

I would still give Projector People a call. If you buy 3 pairs they usually give one free lowering the price. They also often have good deals on the glasses alone.
post #96 of 186 Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 PM

Finally picked up a 3D BD (G Force) to try on my new Sony HX929 with the 104 glasses - much better than I expected, pretty cool actually.

I got mine from Amazon and they are the Large size. Comfortable enough (I have a very large head) and the tilting problem is far less than I expected from the comments - you have to tilt your head like 45 degrees to lose the 3D.

Be careful on ordering these from Projector People - there are some questions as to color and size, and the responses from PP indicate they are unaware of the size and that the ones they sell are black, which is not the L versions from what I read. Mine are clearly marked LARGE on the packaging and are a very dark blue (almost black).
post #97 of 186 Old 01-29-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by khollister View Post

Be careful on ordering these from Projector People - there are some questions as to color and size, and the responses from PP indicate they are unaware of the size and that the ones they sell are black, which is not the L versions from what I read. Mine are clearly marked LARGE on the packaging and are a very dark blue (almost black).

The ones I got from PP were black and large, though they still pinched behind the ears.
post #98 of 186 Old 01-29-2012, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I tried the white ones at CES and they are the same as the black ones both marked as large. I spoke to the people at Xpand and told them that they are not really that large and they are uncomfortable for some people. These are the only size they are selling so far. They may come out with smaller versions for children. From the picture on Amazon they are the same as the ones from Projector People. In fact when I visited the Xpand booth a person from Projector People was also there.
post #99 of 186 Old 01-30-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:

I spoke to Projector People and they basically said "no way" for the buy 3 get one free deal.

I can honestly say, working with them has been amazingly frustrating. No one there even knew what colors or sizes were available until late December when I emailed them info I got from a UK dealer. It takes WEEKS to get email responses from them and when they do respond, it's usually bad information. I was told three times already that they're ready to ship me a pair in white and that they'd be calling me shortly, just to be blown off.

I already bought two pairs from them and were hoping to buy two more: One White and one Red. Does anyone know where else I can get them? I'd love to go ANYWHERE but Projector People.
post #100 of 186 Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I spoke to Projector People and they basically said "no way" for the buy 3 get one free deal.

I can honestly say, working with them has been amazingly frustrating. No one there even knew what colors or sizes were available until late December when I emailed them info I got from a UK dealer. It takes WEEKS to get email responses from them and when they do respond, it's usually bad information. I was told three times already that they're ready to ship me a pair in white and that they'd be calling me shortly, just to be blown off.

I already bought two pairs from them and were hoping to buy two more: One White and one Red. Does anyone know where else I can get them? I'd love to go ANYWHERE but Projector People.

I am surprised that they would not offer the deal since I even mentioned it to the person at CES. They had them on sale for Black Friday at 75 each. I guess it depends on the sales person. My sales person was Rich Morgan. I would suggest that you call and ask for him and tell him that you heard about the deal on AVS you can even mention my name
post #101 of 186 Old 01-30-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:

I am surprised that they would not offer the deal since I even mentioned it to the person at CES. They had them on sale for Black Friday at 75 each. I guess it depends on the sales person. My sales person was Rich Morgan. I would suggest that you call and ask for him and tell him that you heard about the deal on AVS you can even mention my name

I appreciate the advice. I feel a bit bad going behind my current rep's back, but seriously, it takes weeks for her to respond to emails. Weeks.

Do you know if the red and white are available anywhere now? My Projector People rep said she didn't think they'd be in stock until late February, but some friends in the UK claim dealers over there have them in stock now.
post #102 of 186 Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

I appreciate the advice. I feel a bit bad going behind my current rep's back, but seriously, it takes weeks for her to respond to emails. Weeks.

Do you know if the red and white are available anywhere now? My Projector People rep said she didn't think they'd be in stock until late February, but some friends in the UK claim dealers over there have them in stock now.

The large and medium whites, and small red have been in stock and shipping within the UK since December
post #103 of 186 Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

Prob best to check UK dealers. The one I dealt with had the standard black frame ones way back in mid Nov. So it wouldn't surprise me if they had the other colours in stock by now. For some reason xpand seems to have favored the UK market since the start..

post #104 of 186 Old 01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would ask for the rep I suggested. There is no excuse for not responding to emails. I saw the red and white glasses at CES they are just like the blue/black ones. I don't think anyone has them yet in the US. I was told late Feb or March. I think they are waiting to include them in a kit with the RF adapter.
post #105 of 186 Old 02-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

does x104 3d glasses work with HD33? if so, which frequency work? RF or IR?
post #106 of 186 Old 02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just bought a pair from amazon.
post #107 of 186 Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

It's prob relevant to mark time in this thread and note as at mid feb, the tuning apps for the X-104's are still vaporware. Once again thanks Xpand for exceeding our expectations...not.

post #108 of 186 Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 PM

The PC Firmware program is up on the xpand site! I just updated the firmware on my glasses and am going to start playing with the shutter delays to see if I can improve the 3D quality of my JVC 45.
post #109 of 186 Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bula93 View Post

The PC Firmware program is up on the xpand site! I just updated the firmware on my glasses and am going to start playing with the shutter delays to see if I can improve the 3D quality of my JVC 45.

PC Firmware program, you mean the PC tuning app? Strictly speaking firmware is a basic software upgrade for a piece of hardware.

I'll go have a look. Be pleased if the PC app is up.

EDIT:
Ok verified on the Xpand website. Yes, this is the PC Tuning Application. Finally eh. I look forward to trying it out. Next lets see when the promised smartphone apps finally arrive. Glad the PC version is out in the meantime.

post #110 of 186 Old 02-13-2012, 06:52 PM

Could you post a direct link? I couldn't find it on the site.
post #111 of 186 Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Could you post a direct link? I couldn't find it on the site.

Really? It took me 30 secs to see the picture link on the website right on the X104 main page.

here: http://www.xpand.me/products/younive...c-application/

post #112 of 186 Old 02-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post

Really? It took me 30 secs to see the picture link on the website right on the X104 main page.

here: http://www.xpand.me/products/younive...c-application/

LOL, I didn't scroll down to find the link. Thanks for posting it!
post #113 of 186 Old 02-13-2012, 10:17 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

PC Firmware program, you mean the PC tuning app? Strictly speaking firmware is a basic software upgrade for a piece of hardware.

I'll go have a look. Be pleased if the PC app is up.

EDIT:
Ok verified on the Xpand website. Yes, this is the PC Tuning Application. Finally eh. I look forward to trying it out. Next lets see when the promised smartphone apps finally arrive. Glad the PC version is out in the meantime.

Could you or anyone please report on any success on reducing crosstalk using the tuning application.
post #114 of 186 Old 02-14-2012, 02:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Finally!!! I will update and test this when I get home this evening.
post #115 of 186 Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 AM

I played with the shutter open and close delay for just a few minutes last night and couldn't create a noticable difference. (I was just trying to move the adjustment sliders in the pc tuning program one "box" width in different combinations). This is with the JVC RS45 projector. It seems like my specific projector's problem is that the left eye is allowing crosstalk but not the right, very weird. I'll play with it some more today and post my results.
post #116 of 186 Old 02-14-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

I actually forgot all about it last night after all that. I'm more focused at the moment on my new projector arriving.

EDIT: I downloaded the software tonight. I know now where the firmware statement comes from. The program is also a firmware checker according to the user guide. However, I am debating installing it as there is a complete BS mandatory product registration soon as you run the app! Plus, the singular adjustment is delay, not delay and duty cycle. Honestly, what a joke! So I have to hand over my details and transcribe the 10 plus digit serial(its case sensitive I noticed too-great!) of poss all 3 pairs of glasses. I say how bout forgot it and I just get the MV3D's if I want the tuneability and performance! I can't believe Xpand yet again manage to piss off their customers even simply trying use their late to arrive PC only app! Unbelievable.

post #117 of 186 Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

You only have to enter the SN once for all your glasses.
post #118 of 186 Old 02-15-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You only have to enter the SN once for all your glasses.

That's a bonus. I use a tiny logitech mini HTPC keyboard and when I tried, I failed thanks most likely to the very helpful and unnecessary upper and lower case letter number combo serial #. To be honest I figured like most software that it's a given that once 'a' serial # is entered the software is unlocked. However, I still find it ludicrous that a piece of software designed solely to interface with only one specific model of hardware, has a mandatory product serial registration to unlock it. What, is someone going to 'hack' the app to work with other glasses! Hardly, especially considering that other glasses which have a PC tuning app, have both a delay and a duty cycle adjustment in their app already.

post #119 of 186 Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:

I actually forgot all about it last night after all that. I'm more focused at the moment on my new projector arriving.

EDIT: I downloaded the software tonight. I know now where the firmware statement comes from. The program is also a firmware checker according to the user guide. However, I am debating installing it as there is a complete BS mandatory product registration soon as you run the app! Plus, the singular adjustment is delay, not delay and duty cycle. Honestly, what a joke! So I have to hand over my details and transcribe the 10 plus digit serial(its case sensitive I noticed too-great!) of poss all 3 pairs of glasses. I say how bout forgot it and I just get the MV3D's if I want the tuneability and performance! I can't believe Xpand yet again manage to piss off their customers even simply trying use their late to arrive PC only app! Unbelievable.

To shorten the duty cycle move the Open delay slider to the right and the Close delay slider to the left. To shorten the duty cycle, do the opposite. However, you need to update the glasses firmware to the newest version before changing the timings.
post #120 of 186 Old 02-16-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcetrt View Post

To shorten the duty cycle move the Open delay slider to the right and the Close delay slider to the left. To shorten the duty cycle, do the opposite. However, you need to update the glasses firmware to the newest version before changing the timings.

Why would delay and duty cycle be interactive with each other when Monster's glasses have specific adjustments for each defined as the following(I just had a look at the bit cauldron software myself to see how it functioned):

Delay = time between sync signal & when lens opens. Measured in usecs
Duty cycle = how long lens stays open each time. Measured in percentage 10-120%

At the moment, having just swapped projectors to the Sony VW1000, fiddling with the delays on the X104s is quite meaningless to me by comparison to tweaking the projector itself. Straight up performance having viewed a 3D BR on it last night presented zero issues as this projector is considered 'ghosting free' and cinema quality bright out of the box. With the X104s stock standard I found that to be the case, no issues with their performance.

Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page