Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 186 Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Hester View Post

I had the large blue model from Amazon briefly but they would not stay synced to my Mitsubishi WD-92840. This surprised me very much as I use and love my Mitsubishi branded Xpand X103's. Really liked every thing else about the X104's. The PC software and firmware update didn't help the syncing issue for me.

The sync is substandard with my Samsung LN46C750 built-in emitter as well, but they work just fine on my friend's external mits/Samsung adaptor's emitter, which I'm pretty sure is using the same (mits/sammy) protocol slot. I think the interference from the set's frames may be messing up the sync detection. I have the medium size (blue frames as well).

I mentioned it on XPAND's support site, and they tried to sell me the line that individual sets can't be tested/adjusted for by their engineers because then the glasses wouldn't be universal anymore. Obvious solution of course is just to add another protocol slot for the problematic sets. No matter, I'm keeping my MV3Ds for here, and keeping the X104s for gaming purposes over there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 AM

Liked: 11
I received the two new pairs of glasses, one large/white and one small/red. The small glasses are very small: good for a kid or a very small person. The large white are (as expected) exactly like the large/blue I already owned.

From a performance point of view, both the small and large are identical. My tests were all subjective, but I honestly couldn't tell any differences at all between the large and small.

I noticed that there was a new firmware available, v2.1. I updated both the new pairs and compared them to my original two pairs running the firmware from March. There didn't seem to be any difference between the two.

Overall, I'm extremely happy. They work perfect with my TV and are very comfortable. In hindsight, I think getting the Medium glasses would be better than small. Medium's aren't available though, so small is good enough.
post #183 of 186 Old 07-04-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Did anyone test these glasses with one of the Sony projectors? I'm thinking about trying these out with my Sony VW1000. I currently have the Monster glasses. I would also be curious if the 104's with the optional rf dongle will communicate with the Monster emitter. Anyone test that?

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #184 of 186 Old 07-04-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I've posted my comments many a time in the VW1000 and 95ES threads. I was an Xpand X104 owner from when they came out. But not long after I decided to finally move over to the Monster 3D's and haven't looked back. The X104s work just fine via the factory Sony emitter. As I moved to RF from IR and the RF wasn't available at the time, I didn't try it. However, I suspect if the dongle is designed to work with multiple brands of RF emitters, then it should prob be able to sync to the Monster.

post #185 of 186 Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 AM

Liked: 10
Two X104 solutions:
-- shutter-speed slider mysteries
-- Xpand YOUniversal PC Application not recognizing / registering X104 glasses

I know, an oldish thread, but apparently one of the larger x104 ones. The "monster" interpolations are welcome too, but re the X104's:

1. For more info about shutter settings, there is a file which I did not see noted otherwise:
http://www.xpand.me/media/storage/storage/2012/02/20/X104_PCapp_Changing_Timings_explained_V_0_0_2.pdf

Or of course if you google just:
X104_PCapp_Changing_Timings_explained_V_0_0_2.pdf
you will turn up some other references from where it can be downloaded. The more recent PC Application solves the reproducibility problem, with its display of the numeric equivalent to the slider settings.

2. Problem: Connect a new X104 pair via USB to a PC. They will charge, showing either a blinking orange light or a solid green light. However the Xpand YOUniversal PC Application (version _v1200, of Jan/28/2013 e.g.) "v1200" does not recognize those glasses connected by USB. Thus v1200's Registration box will not register the glasses. And then one can only "retry", which does not work, or "cancel" which exits.

I just posted one work-around, not having to do with firewalls, in the Xpand forum:
"xpand X104 glasses do not connect to pc"

http://www.xpand.me/support/forum/product-support/xpand-youniversal-electronic-3d-eyewear/170/

Cheers. M.
post #186 of 186 Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Did anyone test these glasses with one of the Sony projectors? I'm thinking about trying these out with my Sony VW1000. I currently have the Monster glasses. I would also be curious if the 104's with the optional rf dongle will communicate with the Monster emitter. Anyone test that?
Doubtful. CNet's review of the glasses and dongle mention that the dongle makes the glasses compatible with displays that use Bluetooth for RF connection. The Monster and other Bit Cauldron OEM'ed RF glasses use Zigbee, which isn't Bluetooth compatible AFAIK.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page