post #691 of 701 Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sengimage View Post

Okay... Ummm can the output from the 3d VIP theater be upscaled back into a 1080p output?

and still provide a 3d image?

It's been like since last June when I did that through one of my AVRs but I don't remember anything noteworthy. It's hard to beat watching it at 120hz, it seems flicker became more prominent at 1080P/30 that it negated any benefit of the resolution enhancement. Plus at that time we were more focused on the RF glasses battery charge problem I got sidetracked. You would still want to use RF 3D glasses and 3DNow will be releasing the improved versions we were wishing for last year.

Perhaps some others who have tried it recently can give a more accurate account regarding 1080P upconversion results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 701 Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have a Panasonic plasma TV from 2007, it is a 720P version at 42". Do you think this product is for me? I really like 3D and if this works well with Panasonic plasmas then there would be some big savings over buying a new 3D display. I also have an 82" 2012 3D Mits and it works great, the TV in my bedroom still looks real good but I would like to be able to watch my pretty big 3D collection up there from time to time as well. What would I need? I have DLP and IR glasses, I assume I need a DLP TV not plasma to use DLP glasses, or does the VIP send that weird underlying color signal that DLP uses? I assume that I would simply need an IR emitter and the VIP for the plasma if the DLP glasses do not work? I own 3 PS3’s so that would not be an issue. Would anyone also recommend it for a 2007 Mits DLP rear projection TV? I have a 65” in my den and it would not hurt to have that 3D as well. Would I need any kind of emitter for that if I had DLP glasses or would the glasses work without that like they do on my 82”? Any help is grately appreciated.

John M.
post #693 of 701 Old 09-14-2012, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello,

I have noticed that this place is a bit of an elite forum, if you are not in here often and act like you know everything about A/V then you are ignored. So sad but true.
post #694 of 701 Old 09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Or it could be that you have an issue that is rare about a product that is even more rare, so nobody knows the answer to your question.
I will give it a shot.

DLP Link glasses require a 120hz signal, so you will probably need IR glasses and a emitter with your plasma set. The MItts set may work with DLP Link glasses if it is 120hz set. There may be some flicker when viewing 3D using the device due to the 60hz.

I have no first-hand experience with this product. Just knowledge from my personal research on it.
post #695 of 701 Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtVideo View Post

It's been like since last June when I did that through one of my AVRs but I don't remember anything noteworthy. It's hard to beat watching it at 120hz, it seems flicker became more prominent at 1080P/30 that it negated any benefit of the resolution enhancement. Plus at that time we were more focused on the RF glasses battery charge problem I got sidetracked. You would still want to use RF 3D glasses and 3DNow will be releasing the improved versions we were wishing for last year.

Perhaps some others who have tried it recently can give a more accurate account regarding 1080P upconversion results.

We upscale ours to 1080i-that's all the CRT RPTV it feeds can take-with no issues from it that we can detect.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #696 of 701 Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Well it looks like the 3DVIP website has been updated and shows their current and new product line including Theater+.

Looks like they will be marketing themselves again.

And now it appears that the Displayer and Gamer have been restored to production.

http://www.3d-vip.com/#!home/mainPage
post #697 of 701 Old 10-24-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I was thinking about saving up for one of these for my Optoma HD20. I have found one review of a user who liked the results. Some people complain about flicker. Can anyone update on their experience with this product? Seems like not too many people out there use this so finding a recent hands-on review is not that easy. Is this worth $250?

I barely use the 3D on my 6187s TV so I am not sure it is worth it to upgrade my projector, but with a projector and a 120" screen that should make 3D look incredible.
post #698 of 701 Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 AM

Does anyone know if the Displayer will work correctly on a JVC RS10?

It should right? I read the RS1 has some frame lock issues.

Just want some reassurance before i take the plunge..

thanks
post #699 of 701 Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo2000 View Post

Does anyone know if the Displayer will work correctly on a JVC RS10?

It should right? I read the RS1 has some frame lock issues.

Just want some reassurance before i take the plunge..

thanks

There have been many posts about JVC D-ILA units and the VIP units. Take a look through this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1336919/a-call-to-all-jvc-users-wishing-to-use-the-vip-3d-theatre-device as well as the other VIP threads in this forum to see if your projector is mentioned.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #700 of 701 Old 03-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

I was thinking about saving up for one of these for my Optoma HD20. I have found one review of a user who liked the results. Some people complain about flicker. Can anyone update on their experience with this product? Seems like not too many people out there use this so finding a recent hands-on review is not that easy. Is this worth $250?

I barely use the 3D on my 6187s TV so I am not sure it is worth it to upgrade my projector, but with a projector and a 120" screen that should make 3D look incredible.

Generally 60hz flicker tolerance is subjective and also influenced by other light sources entering the viewing area or more noticeably in bright scenes. Some individuals may just be easily annoyed with it and have no tolerance level. Whether you or your household would be affected similarly cannot be predicted. It can be mitigated to a certain degree by balancing the tuning adjustments for the RF glasses at the emitter and dropping the brightness levels some at the projector. 60hz 3D does pop with active RF 3D glasses and that may overcome any objection to what degree of flicker remains. Keep in mind most vendors will not accept glasses for refund just because you might not like flicker, they will exchange if they are defective, they cannot be sold again because of hygiene use and scratches.

As far as worth, it was worth more at the time for me when it cost more than $250 as an early adopter as it gave three other units 3D capability that they didn't have one of them also a 60hz projector.
post #701 of 701 Old 03-02-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtVideo View Post

Generally 60hz flicker tolerance is subjective and also influenced by other light sources entering the viewing area or more noticeably in bright scenes. Some individuals may just be easily annoyed with it and have no tolerance level. Whether you or your household would be affected similarly cannot be predicted. It can be mitigated to a certain degree by balancing the tuning adjustments for the RF glasses at the emitter and dropping the brightness levels some at the projector. 60hz 3D does pop with active RF 3D glasses and that may overcome any objection to what degree of flicker remains. Keep in mind most vendors will not accept glasses for refund just because you might not like flicker, they will exchange if they are defective, they cannot be sold again because of hygiene use and scratches.

As far as worth, it was worth more at the time for me when it cost more than $250 as an early adopter as it gave three other units 3D capability that they didn't have one of them also a 60hz projector.

This!biggrin.gif

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page