3D Theatre - VIP Product Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 2247 Old 04-08-2011, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Whats your 3d source Ian? Ps3 or blu ray player? Or are you just trying to play over a cable box?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2247 Old 04-08-2011, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
My Mits 3800 is toast when I shake it, lots of crinkling glass noises and it 2 months out of warranty...wahhh...
post #273 of 2247 Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

anyone with the 3D-Theatre i would like some help here

my 3D-Theatre, as its not working.
I have the HD66 and the WDTV Live
I am powering the 3D-Theatre from the WDTV live (and i tried a different power source)
I connect hdmi from wdtv live to hdmi input, i connect hdmi output to HD66
i've tried both dip switch #1 on and off
when i power it all up the on light is green and the LINK light is green for about 3-5 seconds and then the link light goes off and stays off

UPDATE

now its strange the ON and LINK light are both green and staying on... but i have no picture on the projector or TV

UPDATE 2

now , and i havent changed anything, i got the link light and a SBS output picture .. have no idea why it appeared out of the blue. I pressed the P1 button for SBS and the link light flashes on and off slowly and the 3D light is solid but i have no picture again

UPDATE 3
now it just started working
what the hell is going on here

Check your hdmi connections... sometimes the cables can be finicky/need to warm up.

When I first got my video processor, switching inputs often gave me the HDCP copy protection message; reseated the cables & got everything settled in & it went away.

Switched over to a receiver, same thing... went away after a few minutes.

Gotta love progress.
post #274 of 2247 Old 04-08-2011, 05:53 PM

UPDATE

My stupid fault

I am using WDTV Live to play SBS files.. but my WDTV Live defaults when power cycled to 1080p 60hz which the 3D-Theatre doesn't support in SBS format.. I did change it and thats why its working now
watching avatar sbs and the first scene where he wakes up is awesome, you see the floating drops of water and they are floating in my basement in front of my eyes
once i figure all this out tonight i'll post a full review too tomorrow, but so far (besides my own screw up) its awesome and the box is smaller than my hand
post #275 of 2247 Old 04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Updated my light loss assessment from a few post back.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post20276292

I did order the 3D-Theater yesterday so when i get it I'll have a better assessment of exactly how much light is lost. That will probably be a couple weeks away from now. I don't think mine will ship very soon.

Cheers,

Ron
post #276 of 2247 Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 PM

There is one question about this item that I personally might get: If I get the 3d vip theatre and plug it up to an hdmi switcher and I might knowledge this correctly should I plug the box to the tv first with one HDMI cable to its input and plug the other cable from the 3d converter box's output to the hdmi switcher's input socker where u originally plug up the TV on the hdmi switch? Thanks in advance

P.S. Have u tried the 3d theatre by hooking it up to non- 3D compatible laptop or PC? thanks again
post #277 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Do both the Theater and the Displayer output 1080p60hz (30 per eye)?
post #278 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 03:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

My Mits 3800 is toast when I shake it, lots of crinkling glass noises and it 2 months out of warranty...wahhh...

Don't shake it. Carefully open the case and remove the glass bits.

(Just a thought.)
post #279 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 03:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can "bounce" the emitter signal off a projector screen? For example, I point my harmony remote at the screen when I turn on the projector and the signal bounces off the screen (which is naturally reflective) and the projector gets the signals. If I get a displayer or theater I would want to mount it near the projector and therefore direct it towards the screen and bounce it's signal off the screen back to the glasses.

-Brian
post #280 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 03:42 AM

Guys, just order this thing now. If you wait much longer you will be waiting for months trust me. Its just now picking up steam. Its getting great reviews from everybody. Still cant get you hands on the long promised 3d-xl. What a joke of a product imo. Marketing DISASTER
post #281 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 03:43 AM

Plus + on the shaking. Thats never a good idea......LOL
post #282 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

UPDATE

My stupid fault

I am using WDTV Live to play SBS files.. but my WDTV Live defaults when power cycled to 1080p 60hz which the 3D-Theatre doesn't support in SBS format.. I did change it and thats why its working now
watching avatar sbs and the first scene where he wakes up is awesome, you see the floating drops of water and they are floating in my basement in front of my eyes
once i figure all this out tonight i'll post a full review too tomorrow, but so far (besides my own screw up) its awesome and the box is smaller than my hand

Sorry I couldn't help you when you needed it!

I did the same thing one time with my Comcast box. There is no Native rez. so I was trying to tune in ESPN and thought I did something to the Theatre! Here the box was outputting 1080i TnB!!!

It was my Bad!

The P1 button is for forcing SBS and TNB for things like my Comcast.

Wake me when HD gets Here!
post #283 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can "bounce" the emitter signal off a projector screen? For example, I point my harmony remote at the screen when I turn on the projector and the signal bounces off the screen (which is naturally reflective) and the projector gets the signals. If I get a displayer or theater I would want to mount it near the projector and therefore direct it towards the screen and bounce it's signal off the screen back to the glasses.

-Brian

I have done this and it does work, but every room will be different so I do want to say it will work for you, but it is worth a try, and again did work for me.

I know have mine at the front of my room, and have no problem even though I am sending it thru 40ft of HDMI cable.! Way More than I need!

Wake me when HD gets Here!
post #284 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Don't shake it. Carefully open the case and remove the glass bits.

(Just a thought.)

I didn't mean I was shaking it on purpose (Mits 3800 I mean). I carefully removed it from the ceiling, flipped it over and could hear a million pieces of glass rustling as I did that. I'm going to call Mits and see if they will do anything since it sounds like a defective bulb. I probably will then take it to a nearby dealer to have fixed. I don't want to mess with it, though it's probably going to cost me twice as much than doing it myself.
post #285 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeezra View Post

Guys, just order this thing now. If you wait much longer you will be waiting for months trust me. Its just now picking up steam. Its getting great reviews from everybody. Still cant get you hands on the long promised 3d-xl. What a joke of a product imo. Marketing DISASTER

How long did it take for your order to be acknowledged and a shipping date given? I still need to cancel my other order which now has a 4/19 ETA date.
I don't want to switch and then wait longer due to backorders for the VIP.
post #286 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

I ordered about 3 weeks ago and mine is one of the first sent this past Wednesday. You might just give Jonathan a call and ask what the order ETA is now.
post #287 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Guys after about 5 hours on continuous 3D viewing I am as happy as a kid on christmas morning.
The 3D-Theatre is smaller than your hand and simple to setup (don't forget it doesn't support 1080p 60hz SBS input... thats what i forgot)
Watched bits of Avatar = OUTSTANDING, now i see what people are talking about. The opening scene witht he water drops.. they were floating around in my basement
SEA MONSTERs = WOW .. even i jumped when a swimming sea moonster swam right to my nose... it was freaky ... kids screamed LOL
Xbox360 = Blackops was pretty good, Avatar the game has great depth, looks just like the movie. Enslaved Odyssey of the west was poor not worth it and 3D Infinity (xboxlive arcade game) has pop-out but the cross-talk was unbearable (this was the only game or movie i had crosstalk with)
Resident evil === outstanding depth and the snow falling in your basement was crazy
The 3D-Theatre doesn't even get warm, even after 5 hours.. small enough to hide away and small enough to be portable to show off at your buddies house.
Overal, Well worth the money.. I wish i could write a longer review but i can't... gotta get back to some 3D movies .... and whoever on here said My Bloody Valentine was terrible 3D with cross-talk.... Up- Yours .. its great and what a fun movie..

BIG THANKS to Jay over at www.consignia.ca
This guy is truely a gentlemen... fast communication and answers to questions (since i've been buggy him since DEc 2010 about 3D-XL) I am happy to have purchased from him as he deserves the business ..... love it when the business and consumer are both happy in the end. I will definetly be back to purchase a new screen when i move and more glasses in the future.. I would imploy anyone to check out his site .. 10/10 rating for him

cheers
post #288 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Guys after about 5 hours on continuous 3D viewing I am as happy as a kid on christmas morning.
The 3D-Theatre is smaller than your hand and simple to setup (don't forget it doesn't support 1080p 60hz SBS input... thats what i forgot)
Watched bits of Avatar = OUTSTANDING, now i see what people are talking about. The opening scene witht he water drops.. they were floating around in my basement
SEA MONSTERs = WOW .. even i jumped when a swimming sea moonster swam right to my nose... it was freaky ... kids screamed LOL
Xbox360 = Blackops was pretty good, Avatar the game has great depth, looks just like the movie. Enslaved Odyssey of the west was poor not worth it and 3D Infinity (xboxlive arcade game) has pop-out but the cross-talk was unbearable (this was the only game or movie i had crosstalk with)
Resident evil === outstanding depth and the snow falling in your basement was crazy
The 3D-Theatre doesn't even get warm, even after 5 hours.. small enough to hide away and small enough to be portable to show off at your buddies house.
Overal, Well worth the money.. I wish i could write a longer review but i can't... gotta get back to some 3D movies .... and whoever on here said My Bloody Valentine was terrible 3D with cross-talk.... Up- Yours .. its great and what a fun movie..

BIG THANKS to Jay over at www.consignia.ca
This guy is truely a gentlemen... fast communication and answers to questions (since i've been buggy him since DEc 2010 about 3D-XL) I am happy to have purchased from him as he deserves the business ..... love it when the business and consumer are both happy in the end. I will definetly be back to purchase a new screen when i move and more glasses in the future.. I would imploy anyone to check out his site .. 10/10 rating for him

cheers

How was the flickering?

Were you running 30fps/eye?

Thanks
post #289 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 07:15 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post

How was the flickering?

Were you running 30fps/eye?

Thanks

I think he uses a hd66 so that will be 120hz.

Correct me if i am wrong
post #290 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

(don't forget it doesn't support 1080p 60hz SBS input... thats what i forgot)

Is that a factor for 3D Blu Rays?

All I want is access to 3D Blu Rays so I think I'm more interested in the displayer product but then I don't know if SBS is used for Blu Ray.

-Brian
post #291 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

I ordered about 3 weeks ago and mine is one of the first sent this past Wednesday. You might just give Jonathan a call and ask what the order ETA is now.

I called twice yesterday but he hasn't returned my calls. Consignia is showing a 4/13 date and their price is higher along with currency charges. If I can go direct to Jonathon I would prefer that. Has anyone ordered direct and what was your results and waiting period? Also I found out the unit will work with passive glasses,polarity rotator, and silver screen.
post #292 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoss View Post

I called twice yesterday but he hasn't returned my calls. Consignia is showing a 4/13 date and their price is higher along with currency charges. If I can go direct to Jonathon I would prefer that. Has anyone ordered direct and what was your results and waiting period?

I ordered on March 25, and my paypal tracking info showed up yesterday. YMMV, now that they are in the official release period.

Quote:

Also I found out the unit will work with passive glasses,polarity rotator, and silver screen.

Tell more! Did you get this info from Jonathan? Which polarizing plate specifically? Has it been actually tested? Does it hook directly to the sync out of the VIP unit?
post #293 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

I called twice yesterday but he hasn't returned my calls. Consignia is showing a 4/13 date and their price is higher along with currency charges. If I can go direct to Jonathon I would prefer that. Has anyone ordered direct and what was your results and waiting period? Also I found out the unit will work with passive glasses,polarity rotator, and silver screen.

I also emailed jonathan a couple off times now,if there is any news on my shipment.

He didnt respond anymore.(maybe he is to busy)

I ordered direct with jonathan(vip theatre emitter aand two pair off glasses)

Best regards cees beekhuyzen
post #294 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 08:22 AM

Did you guys that pre-ordered through Paypal have to do a Cash Advance? In Jonathan's email it says to check the box that says PAYMENT IN ADVANCE. Only thing I see is Cash Advance. Thanks.
post #295 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogs View Post

Did you guys that pre-ordered through Paypal have to do a Cash Advance? In Jonathan's email it says to check the box that says PAYMENT IN ADVANCE. Only thing I see is Cash Advance. Thanks.

I've seen others comment on this, but I had no problem... just select "change payment method" and you can charge to a credit card linked to your paypal account.

I did this and got a confirmation email from jonathan same day.

Paypal isn't a "transparent" transaction... the vendor doesn't see where the buyer's funds come from, it just shows up as a paypal payment.
post #296 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 08:38 AM

Right, but with a Cash Advance I would get charged an additional $18 on my credit card.
post #297 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:

Is that a factor for 3D Blu Rays?

All I want is access to 3D Blu Rays so I think I'm more interested in the displayer product but then I don't know if SBS is used for Blu Ray.

-Brian

1080p 60hz is not supports for SBS Only (nothing to do with bluray) the 3D-Displayer doesn't support
SBS or over-under at all, just bluray 3D

------

And in response to the other question
FLICKER - I am using 120hz Optoma HD66 DLP Link and there was NO flicker
I verified 60hz works but I don't have 60hz IR Glasses to test for flicker so I can't help you
There

Great product , can't say that enough

Here's my little shipping story (and this is just because I live in a small town who don't like to
Work weekends)
Consignia shipped via canadapost
I was at work so I missed the package, went to shoppers drig mart (which is the depot for canadapost) they
Said its suppose to be saturday after 1PM, but then she says "oh sorry we don't get deliveries
On weekends , come back monday" I was pissed
I drive straight to the main canadapost site (with the delivery trucks) banged on the door, no one answered
As it was closed. I was just about to leave and noticed a local phone #
I called, but customer service was closed, but you could press #4 for a supervisor, so that's what I did.
I told this guy I needed the package for a trade show and can't wait until monday, he was
Nice enough to get it for me
And from then on I'm 3D ready baby
post #298 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogs View Post

Right, but with a Cash Advance I would get charged an additional $18 on my credit card.

Not me. Maybe it's because I used a debit/credit card...

Still has buyer protection, though.
post #299 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Can anyone speak to frame jitter during motion scenes for this unit when converting from 24 frames/sec. for this unit?
post #300 of 2247 Old 04-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

I ordered on March 25, and my paypal tracking info showed up yesterday. YMMV, now that they are in the official release period.

Tell more! Did you get this info from Jonathan? Which polarizing plate specifically? Has it been actually tested? Does it hook directly to the sync out of the VIP unit?

No I did not get this info from Jonathan but from the polarity rotator manufacturer. It has a vesa output like the 3D-XL for ir glasses and should perform the same function. Unit has been tested with 3D-XL. There is no reason to believe otherwise. Google DLP-Link 3D MUX.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page