Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiiermike View Post
Has anyone tried this on a Benq W6000 or similar. The specs for the benq show a range of HZ's so i'm not to sure how this unit would function with the Benq.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
The VIP unit only has the option of 60 or 120hz, so the BenQ would sync at 60hz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 PM

Liked: 10
Thanks.

Anyone have any idea how well it works with the W6000?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Would this work with an Optoma HD86 ( aka HD8600 ) ?

We have 50Hz in Australia, rather than 60Hz, but there's no problem running 1080/60p from the PS3.

Thanks in advance...
Old 04-22-2011, 07:43 AM

I have the Displayer hooked to my Bluray 3D Panasonic 110. Bluray 3d works but can't get the 3D collections to come up on VUDU. Says no movies. Would I need the Theater to view these? ? Or am I doing something wrong? If so do you think Consignia would exchange. Me bad......VUDU said they are working on it to get 3D movies on my Panasonic soon. No time frame either but are definately working on it. I got this Panny just to get Avatar free. Now maybe should return and get PS3 or LG but will Displayer do VUDU 3D. Have support email to VIP. Need answers VIP !

Dickie
Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab View Post

I have the Displayer hooked to my Bluray 3D Panasonic 110. Bluray 3d works but can't get the 3D collections to come up on VUDU. Says no movies. Would I need the Theater to view these? ? Or am I doing something wrong? If so do you think Consignia would exchange. Me bad......

My understanding is you'll need the VIP Theater for 3D from internet streaming.

VIP Displayer = 3D games and Blu-ray movies from PS3 or 3D Blu-ray player.
VIP Theater = same as above, but adds cable, satellite, and internet 3D.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

My understanding is you'll need the VIP Theater for 3D from internet streaming.

VIP Displayer = 3D games and Blu-ray movies from PS3 or 3D Blu-ray player.
VIP Theater = same as above, but adds cable, satellite, and internet 3D.

This thread says that the gamer works with vudu 3d, so I think the displayer would also.

In any case, vudu should at least *display* the 3d title list, & it sounds from the post like it isn't. I don't have vudu, but sounds like a vudu problem to me, not something wrong with the Displayer.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 AM

Hi.

I recently received a 3d theatre unit and I am experiencing real trouble with my setup.

I have a samsung 60 hz lcd and a epson 8100 projector. The flicer is not a real problem with light control, but I'm seeing double image in all the contents (killzone 3, motorstorm, alice in wonderland on ps3 and avatar, bolt, resident evil apocalypse in SBS mkv). The 3d effect is poor and I see A LOT of double image.

I have checked all the options and the problem still is here in the two setups.

I've been told that the RF emitter and the new glasses will solve my problems, But I don't understand that nobody have my problem and that a different emitter will solve it...

What do you think? Can someone help me?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowkupo View Post

Hi.

I recently received a 3d theatre unit and I am experiencing real trouble with my setup.

I have a samsung 60 hz lcd and a epson 8100 projector. The flicer is not a real problem with light control, but I'm seeing double image in all the contents (killzone 3, motorstorm, alice in wonderland on ps3 and avatar, bolt, resident evil apocalypse in SBS mkv). The 3d effect is poor and I see A LOT of double image.

I've been told that the RF emitter and the new glasses will solve my problems, But I don't understand that nobody have my problem and that a different emitter will solve it...

Thanks!

Sorry if you've already checked these things, but here's what comes to mind:

- Try the L/R sync button on the emitter.
- I'm not familiar with the ps3, but does it have a setting for adjusting the 3d depth? for example, my blu ray player lets me enter my screen size, which helps adjust for convergence.
- Also (again, sorry if this is stating the obvious), you have turned the glasses themselves on, right? (small button inside the left frame)

Seating distance can also have an impact on convergence issues.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab View Post

I have the Displayer hooked to my Bluray 3D Panasonic 110. Bluray 3d works but can't get the 3D collections to come up on VUDU. Says no movies. Would I need the Theater to view these? ? Or am I doing something wrong? If so do you think Consignia would exchange. Me bad......

I have a Panny 100. I believe the problem is with the Panasonic player since it is not supported for 3d by Vudu. There is a thread about this and the bottom line is Vudu stated they plan to support all players, but to date Panasonic is not. I do not think there is a workaround for this as the connection is direct to the registered product which tells Vudu it is an unsupported unit for 3d. Only Vudu can change this. There are also some other technical problems better read in that thread.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi.

Thanks!

What are your settings on your 2D LCD TV and PJ, Are all motion control options (anti blur, anti Judder, etc) disabled?
Have you also tried reversing the synce for the glasses?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

I have a Panny 100. I believe the problem is with the Panasonic player since it is not supported for 3d by Vudu. There is a thread about this and the bottom line is Vudu stated they plan to support all players, but to date Panasonic is not. I do not think there is a workaround for this as the connection is direct to the registered product which tells Vudu it is an unsupported unit for 3d. Only Vudu can change this. There are also some other technical problems better read in that thread.

+1

You are correct. I have a Panny BDT210 and no 3D rentals available from VUDU either, although you can see them listed. I sure wish they would do whatever it takes to change this.

Ed
Old 04-22-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:

I hope that the RF glasses will solve the problems, please report after receiving these glasses.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Can't wait to see the results for the Panny 4000. Mine is still in the box and will be installed in the theatre soon.
I was really hoping that this conversion kit was going to give me 3D capability.
I guess it hasn't worked for anyone here with the Panny? (Yet).
Old 04-22-2011, 03:43 PM

Thanks. I have tried all (reverse the sync of the glasses is touching the left button on the emitter, right).

All the extra options of the lcd and the projector are set to off. I have tried everything, but the problem is still here (for example, playing killzone 3 or motorstorm it's impossible). I'm very dissapointed...
Old 04-22-2011, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I know little about the PS3. However, I believe it has had 3D games available with frame sequential for several years. Then this year the upgrade came to support full 3D games using a HDM1.4a 3D format and there are know some games available that use this format. Also there was an upgrade last summer that supported the playing of standard 3D BR disk and provided the output in HDMI 1.4 full HD packed frame format just like the 3D BR players do. There are lots of threads that talk about getting the PS3 set up to perform in these 3D modes and I suspect that you have a PD3 settings problem. I believe the instructions that came with yourr VIP unit discuss setting up the PS3.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Den View Post

I hope that the RF glasses will solve the problems, please report after receiving these glasses.

Same here,

jonathan sends me also tommorow a new pair off rf glasses and emitter i hope it works for me to.

I will wait with the review here in holland till i get these new glasses and emitter.

Best regards cees beekhuyzen
Old 04-22-2011, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Hi.

Thanks!

There has to be a frame timing problem caused by something in your setup. The glasses are not in sync with the display. The RF emitter and glasses are adjustable so that you can get everything in sync. Some people are lucky and the IR setup works. Others not so lucky. I changed my order to the RF emitter and glasses because of this.

Ron
Old 04-22-2011, 04:32 PM

Liked: 39
My Mits H3800 experience:

Well, I finally got a new bulb installed today and remounted the projector. I tuned to the 3D comcast channel and setup the VIP Theater. The initial image was weird, pulsating. I tried everything it to get to work, then realized I had the 1 switch up and it needs to be down. So I pushed it down and reset the VIP power and it started to work. Very dark though. I then pushed the right sync button on the emitter and the led light went red and the image became nice and bright--the 3D was watchable with lots of ghosting in the background (e.g. those images that tend to be farther apart in 3D images) and I could see the 30hz flicker. I switched to green light mode again (and needed to reset the left/right eye sync--left button as well) and the screen got dark again, but little ghosting and the flicker was reduced. However, the screen was too dark--so I switched to red led mode again and decided to watch Avatar on demand. Well, the image was definitely bright enough (Mits in standard brightness mode on a 144" 1.3 gain screen!), but the ghosting of background objects was almost too much, and the flicker was marginable. If you don't have a 3D projector, then this is okay at best--and might be better on smaller screen--I would recommend maybe 90" at most to limit the ghosting.

Now here is the weird thing. The resolution on this 1080p procector was not any better than that the 720p ACER H5360 3D projector. So I was again amazed at what the ACER can do.

Well that's my assessment. I will probably only watch the pristine 3D image on the ACER now, regardless. I was hoping the Mits would add something in resolution, but it does not...at least my opinion.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

Well, I finally got a new bulb installed today and remounted the projector. I tuned to the 3D comcast channel and setup the VIP Theater. The initial image was weird, pulsating. I tried everything it to get to work, then realized I had the 1 switch up and it needs to be down. So I pushed it down and reset the VIP power and it started to work. Very dark though. I then pushed the right sync button on the emitter and the led light went red and the image became nice and bright--the 3D was watchable with lots of ghosting in the background (e.g. those images that tend to be farther apart in 3D images) and I could see the 30hz flicker. I switched to green light mode again (and needed to reset the left/right eye sync--left button as well) and the screen got dark again, but little ghosting and the flicker was reduced. However, the screen was too dark--so I switched to red led mode again and decided to watch Avatar on demand. Well, the image was definitely bright enough (Mits in standard brightness mode on a 144" 1.3 gain screen!), but the ghosting of background objects was almost too much, and the flicker was marginable. If you don't have a 3D projector, then this is okay at best--and might be better on smaller screen--I would recommend maybe 90" at most to limit the ghosting.

Now here is the weird thing. The resolution on this 1080p procector was not any better than that the 720p ACER H5360 3D projector. So I was again amazed at what the ACER can do.

Well that's my assessment. I will probably only watch the pristine 3D image on the ACER now, regardless. I was hoping the Mits would add something in resolution, but it does not...at least my opinion.

What 3d format does comcast broadcast in? And have you tried any blu ray content yet? I found the 3d blu ray quality to be much better than what I got off my cable feed.

I have TWC, and they use t&b for 3d... I assumed the convergence & crosstalk discrepancies were due to the fact that the VIP needed to force the 3d mode, but it may be just poorer source material. Also, I can adjust the 3d settings on my oppo (screen size, etc.), which I can't do on my cable box.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. It's good news and bad news for me. I have the HC3800, and this is kind of what I expected to happen with the Theater unit.
What's good is I have decided to go with the Acer 5360BD once it is released. I did all the measuring and it will fit perfectly in my theater setup and ends up costing about the same.

Just like you, I will have the HC3800 (love it!!) for 2D and the Acer for 3D.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

What 3d format does comcast broadcast in? And have you tried any blu ray content yet? I found the 3d blu ray quality to be much better than what I got off my cable feed.

I have TWC, and they use t&b for 3d... I assumed the convergence & crosstalk discrepancies were due to the fact that the VIP needed to force the 3d mode, but it may be just poorer source material. Also, I can adjust the 3d settings on my oppo (screen size, etc.), which I can't do on my cable box.

I have not tried Blu-ray--good point. The cable is side-by-side and that seems to be problematic for the VIP as in other threads. I will let you know about blu-ray tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post

What's good is I have decided to go with the Acer 5360BD once it is released. Just like you, I will have the HC3800 (love it!!) for 2D and the Acer for 3D.

yup, I am with you...I'm going to get the 5360BD as well...it just makes more sense...
Old 04-22-2011, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

yup, I am with you...I'm going to get the 5360BD as well...it just makes more sense...

Of course it makes sense. Why all decent HT PJs are not 3d capable today is simply beyond me. This whole buy this and get that and add this and tweak that is making me want to go postal lol. I would rather pay more for a PJ unit that does what it should than fart around with work arounds. I commend VIP for this product but IMHO it should never be required in the first place. I mean how hard is it really for these electronic giants to do the R&D and put out a good unit when VIP does it? They have little interest.

As evidence of this just research the first HD capable 3d TV units and the history there. Yep, talking Mitsu and Sammy RP DLP units. Sold 3d units that today work very well but failed to really support them properly until recently and only thanks to Mitsu. Samsung left their folks out in the cold. That still leaves me sour on Samsung but an otherwise excellent TV what with the LED light engine, awesome.

Now back to the topic, which is not much different than what us RP DLP folks have gone through, how hard is this really for the manufacturers to use the available tech today and make a unit that works by itself without pissing around with adapters, spoofs or other silliness. Well I guess it is too hard but I hope Acer teaches them all a lesson and works very well. From the looks of it this is the way to go and if it works as advertised it will outsell every other 720p PJ 100 fold IMO. Too bad they don't have this available for the higher rez units, yet. Again, thank goodness for VIP for this device because I hope it will wake up the PJ manufacturers to see how hard it really is not to put this tech in a unit and make $$$$$. Not only that, it will make a lot of non-3d units work.

EDIT: BTW, I am still trying to spoof nvidia IR emulator and use the EDID workaround .inf file to get my Optoma GT720 3d PJ working in 3d. Yeah I know getting the nvidia kit solves this but I have no desire for IR glasses since I have DLP glasses that work on my Sammy. I am tired of this gimme more crap and will likely return the 720 and await the Acer H5360BD. That is how tired of this crap I am and it is not even a matter of $ any more, it is a matter of principle. I intend to reward the manufacturer of a proper unit with my hard earned $. Can we say just push the play button?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I have not tried Blu-ray--good point. The cable is side-by-side and that seems to be problematic for the VIP as in other threads. I will let you know about blu-ray tomorrow.

HDMI1.4a 1080i60 SbS is not a problem so cable is not a problem. Optional 720p/60 SbS used by D* is a problem since VIP does not support it, and neither do Sony 3D TVs
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyad View Post

Can't wait to see the results for the Panny 4000. Mine is still in the box and will be installed in the theatre soon.
I was really hoping that this conversion kit was going to give me 3D capability.
I guess it hasn't worked for anyone here with the Panny? (Yet).

I also have a panny and it would be great to get 3d on my 133' screen .I believe a member here sent their panny4000
to VIP to be tested and we're waiting to hear the results.

Just got my 73" mits yesterday and it's not working at this point.If the word comes down soon that it works the mits goes back in a heartbeat.

If it does work he will do big business because the panny 4000
is very very popular.

Also..VIP has great customer service and respond to emails quick. I emailed them back in Jan when the VIP first started showing up and he
responded the next day.

Polk 7.1
73" 73738 Mits DLP
Onkyo TX-NR3008
Panasonic AE4000 Projector
Samsung PN60F8500 on Delivery
Old 04-23-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post

Same here,

jonathan sends me also tommorow a new pair off rf glasses and emitter i hope it works for me to.

I will wait with the review here in holland till i get these new glasses and emitter.

I am looking forward to your review. Do you use also a 60Hz LCD?

By the way, I am also from Europe and wanted to wait for the European distribution. How long was the delivery time to Holland?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Den View Post

I am looking forward to your review. Do you use also a 60Hz LCD?

By the way, I am also from Europe and wanted to wait for the European distribution. How long was the delivery time to Holland?

Yes i also use a 60hz display.

The delivery time was about 10 days.

Best regards,

Cees beekhuyzen
Old 04-23-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

HDMI1.4a 1080i60 SbS is not a problem so cable is not a problem. Optional 720p/60 SbS used by D* is a problem since VIP does not support it, and neither do Sony 3D TVs

3D-Theatre supports 720p/60 since thats what i use for SBS, they just dont support 1080p/60 SBS
Old 04-23-2011, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Doesn't Directv broadcast movies in 1080p/24? I would think 3D would be the same.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2910 View Post

Same here,

Download the manual for the monster 3D max glasses so you can read the directions on how to adjust them. These glasses should solve all the ghosting problems and maximize brightness.

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector