Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

You'll have to use the dip switches with these devices as well as they aren't HDMI 1.4 (which is what has the ability to send the proper flags for auto switching).

Like i said it isn't an issue for me as all my content will be SBS ... so weather it does it auto or i permanently leave the dip switch settings for SBS, doesn't matter.. The 3D-XL doesn't auto detect at all, SBS has to be manually set with the SBS button and TnB doesn't work (optoma working on firmware solution) so no worries here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

Like i said it isn't an issue for me as all my content will be SBS ... so weather it does it auto or i permanently leave the dip switch settings for SBS, doesn't matter.. The 3D-XL doesn't auto detect at all, SBS has to be manually set with the SBS button and TnB doesn't work (optoma working on firmware solution) so no worries here

So you aren't using any non 3d content on this setup? When you turn on the xbox before putting the game in the 3d mode, you won't want SbS turned on. Otherwise it will be extremely difficult to navigate the menus.

Also you'll have to turn it off for any regular non-3D TV viewing or for non 3D WDTV content.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #93 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

Just ordered mine for use with my Optoma HD70, along with the ir emitter & glasses. Still unclear as to whether it will do 120hz (specs say 120; manual says 85), but I will post my findings.

Let us know what you think when you are all set up. I have a HD70 also and would be very interested in your opinion.
post #94 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:

So you aren't using any non 3d content on this setup? When you turn on the xbox before putting the game in the 3d mode, you won't want SbS turned on. Otherwise it will be extremely difficult to navigate the menus.

Also you'll have to turn it off for any regular non-3D TV viewing or for non 3D WDTV content.

hhmm.. you're right.. didn't think of that

But if i bought the 3D-XL, this would be the same problem...
So since i need to turn my DLP Link glasses on and off, i think i can handle flipping some dip switches on/off ... not ideal but acceptable
post #95 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

hhmm.. you're right.. didn't think of that

But if i bought the 3D-XL, this would be the same problem...
So since i need to turn my DLP Link glasses on and off, i think i can handle flipping some dip switches on/off ... not ideal but acceptable

Yea, it's the same no matter what if you have an HDMI 1.3 device which is sending the content. My issue with flipping dip switches is that I would most likely mount the VIP Theater on the ceiling or using velcro on top of my projector. Just could become somewhat cumbersome to have to physically switch a small dip. I'm not sure why they didn't add an IR function and a remote to do the toggling.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #96 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post

I definitely will report in on my results with the Viewsonic pro8100, but at $130 for each pair of IR glasses this is suddenly getting pretty expensive.

Thank you sir, much appreciated!

Ed
post #97 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:

Yea, it's the same no matter what if you have an HDMI 1.3 device which is sending the content. My issue with flipping dip switches is that I would most likely mount the VIP Theater on the ceiling or using velcro on top of my projector. Just could become somewhat cumbersome to have to physically switch a small dip. I'm not sure why they didn't add an IR function and a remote to do the toggling.

ya, would have been nice

I hear ya, i planed on hiding mine behind the center speaker or something.. but now i'll have to leave it accesible
post #98 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolers View Post

Let us know what you think when you are all set up. I have a HD70 also and would be very interested in your opinion.

Will do, of course.

I had a couple questions for those who are already using this unit:

- Where did you put it in the chain? I have a dlp projector and an lcd tv coming off an hdmi switch, which in turn is coming off my receiver. I'm primarily getting the Theatre for the pj, but would I have luck placing it before the switch in order to use it for the tv as well?

- For those using the emitter, how long is the stock sync cable? Debating whether to order an extension right off the bat...
post #99 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Will do, of course.

I had a couple questions for those who are already using this unit:

- Where did you put it in the chain? I have a dlp projector and an lcd tv coming off an hdmi switch, which in turn is coming off my receiver. I'm primarily getting the Theatre for the pj, but would I have luck placing it before the switch in order to use it for the tv as well?

- For those using the emitter, how long is the stock sync cable? Debating whether to order an extension right off the bat...

I had no problem with putting the unit before my HDMI splitter for everything except, My Samsung BDC5900, which gave me HDCP issues, the PS3 had no trouble being split. Again a case of HDMI 1.4 vs 1.3.

The cable for the emitter is 3 or 4 feet long, I ordered this one just in case I needed it.

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/20diexwi6mir.html

Again I think most issues with splitters and switches will not be an issue, The unit ran perfectly thru my Older Onkyo TX-SR805 which should have caused a problem, It also ran thru my Monoprice HDX501.

Wake me when HD gets Here!
post #100 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezbrgr2 View Post

I had no problem with putting the unit before my HDMI splitter for everything except, My Samsung BDC5900, which gave me HDCP issues, the PS3 had no trouble being split. Again a case of HDMI 1.4 vs 1.3.

The cable for the emitter is 3 or 4 feet long, I ordered this one just in case I needed it.

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/20diexwi6mir.html

Again I think most issues with splitters and switches will not be an issue, The unit ran perfectly thru my Older Onkyo TX-SR805 which should have caused a problem, It also ran thru my Monoprice HDX501.

Thanks, Chez.

Did the emitter come with a power cable?
post #101 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks, Chez.

Did the emitter come with a power cable?

No, The emitter gets its power from the supplied cable that connects directly to the Vip Theatre. In the photo on the first page its the one thats connected to the emitter.

Wake me when HD gets Here!
post #102 of 2247 Old 03-28-2011, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezbrgr2 View Post

No, The emitter gets its power from the supplied cable that connects directly to the Vip Theatre. In the photo on the first page its the one thats connected to the emitter.

Cool, that makes things easier.

I've ordered the DIN extension, & I already have a 5v adapter for the Theatre's usb power. I'll just hook it inline before the pj, & run the extender to the emitter at the front of the room. Thanks!
post #103 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Cool, that makes things easier.

I've ordered the DIN extension, & I already have a 5v adapter for the Theatre's usb power. I'll just hook it inline before the pj, & run the extender to the emitter at the front of the room. Thanks!

Where did you order this? I haven't been able to find any US resellers.
post #104 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalto View Post

Contact jonathan at 3d vip directly. Check earlier in this thread for info.
post #105 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalto View Post

I asked Jonathan this and he said that the only options were to send money via paypal to them for shipment next week or buy through the Canadian company for shipment the following week.
post #106 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 AM

Thanks everyone for making this thread fantastic! We (VIP) are continuously working to improve the functionalities and cosmetics of our products to help you get the most out of our units. There are very many exciting accessories including emitter splicer, cinema emitter, 60Hz DLP glasses plus better casing, on the way - testing is under way. We are also promoting Distributed 3D solution via our 3D-Discover with 3D-Syncnodes and getting ready to launch our 3D-Enhancer - for those who already have a 3D projector/television. All I can share here is, we are daily inventing new ways of making our current products and coming products to allow everyone to enjoy the world of 3D. Do know that your comments and suggetions are reviewed and appreciated.
We are at your disposal.
All the best and cheers!
Jonathan Alexander
post #107 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 AM

An emitter splicer? I hope this means that we could somehow have emitter signals in 2 different rooms if you are splitting the signal between two rooms.
post #108 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Jonathan - please develop a really good 2D>3D add on converter for a reasonable price. I'd pay a couple of thousand dollars for something that was really good.
post #109 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I preordered yesterday. This should be fascinating. It will be worth it if I can get good 3D out of my non-3D 1080p projector...

Robert Clark
post #110 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slump Buster View Post

An emitter splicer? I hope this means that we could somehow have emitter signals in 2 different rooms if you are splitting the signal between two rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

Jonathan - please develop a really good 2D>3D add on converter for a reasonable price. I'd pay a couple of thousand dollars for something that was really good.

Ooh... are we making a wish list? Put me down for a bluetooth emitter! And profiles/presets in the 3d Theatre so we can automate our brightness settings for 3d!
post #111 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post

I preordered yesterday. This should be fascinating. It will be worth it if I can get good 3D out of my non-3D 1080p projector...

Way to go Robert!! I'll be waiting and hoping for positive results with the Pro8100. Gotta admit I'm pretty skeptical about how well this'll work but sure hope I'm wrong. Thanks for giving it a shot!
It's supposed to be released 1st week of April, correct?

Ed
post #112 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

Way to go Robert!! I'll be waiting and hoping for positive results with the Pro8100. Gotta admit I'm pretty skeptical about how well this'll work but sure hope I'm wrong. Thanks for giving it a shot!
It's supposed to be released 1st week of April, correct?

Ed

+1
really interested to see this thing on a Panasonic AE4000 or similar projector
post #113 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello,

I also ordered the vip theatre with two glasses.

I hope it will work good on my epson tw5000.

Best regards,

Cees beekhuyzen
post #114 of 2247 Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 PM

Hi! I'm a guy from Spain who have reserver an 3d-theatre plus two glasses for my epson tw3500 (8100 in USA) after reading your opinions...I'm very excited about this!!

I wish to know if the flicker problem with 30hz it's too noticiable/annoying while viewing 3d movies or playing 3d games...

Also, do you know if the 3d heaven ultra clear glasses will work with 3d theatre? May I need something more to get it working or it's impossible?

Thanks!!
post #115 of 2247 Old 03-30-2011, 01:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I own a JVC RS20 and was thinking about selling it but now I ve seen this thread I m going to wait. I think my RS20 is 60Hz capable. How can 2x30Hz look ok without getting a headache?
post #116 of 2247 Old 03-30-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowkupo View Post

Hi! I'm a guy from Spain who have reserver an 3d-theatre plus two glasses for my epson tw3500 (8100 in USA) after reading your opinions...I'm very excited about this!!

I wish to know if the flicker problem with 30hz it's too noticiable/annoying while viewing 3d movies or playing 3d games...

Also, do you know if the 3d heaven ultra clear glasses will work with 3d theatre? May I need something more to get it working or it's impossible?

Thanks!!

The Ultra-Clears work with the VIP 3D-Theatre for DLP-Link, but I'd stick with the VIP glasses for an IR setup until I find out more about compatibility (I'm thinking you will have to use the IR setup with that projector, as I don't recall it being a DLP-Link model).

I will tell you something, though: at first, I liked the Ultra-Clear glasses better than the ones VIP is selling, but I now like the VIP ones better. They are a close call, and either will work fine in DLP Mode. Again, that's not exactly applicable to your setup, though.
post #117 of 2247 Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 PM

...speaking of 3D glasses, can they (either the VIP or the Ultra-Clear ones) we worn on top of regular glasses? My 2 sons both wear prescription glasses and will need to have the 3D put on top.
post #118 of 2247 Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 PM

It seems most people here are talking about there projectors. I have a 3 year old Samsung 1080P LCD with a 60hz refresh rate. What is the likely hood this will work well with my TV?

I'm really in the market for 3D I'm just not in a position to get a new TV right now.

Thanks, any input is appreciated as I do know to much about this 3D stuff.
post #119 of 2247 Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 PM

How does the box handle the frame rate conversion from 24Hz (frame packed) to 30Hz per eye when it's doing the 60Hz 3D? Is it a 1:1:1:2 cadence? I would imagine that would create some pretty severe judder compared to the 2:3 cadence done from 24Hz to 60Hz.
post #120 of 2247 Old 03-31-2011, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvramalgam View Post
...speaking of 3D glasses, can they (either the VIP or the Ultra-Clear ones) we worn on top of regular glasses? My 2 sons both wear prescription glasses and will need to have the 3D put on top.
I have the Ultra Clear IR glasses. I don't wear prescription glasses but my wife does. She tells me it's no problem and they're still comfortable.
Hope this helps.

Ed
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page