3D Theatre - VIP Product Thread - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 2283 Old 06-26-2011, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoss View Post

Wait till you get the unit so you can see the connector to be interfaced to. This connector is not the new mini USB but one version back, so you don't buy a supply that has the wrong connector. Or you can get one from VIP.

Good advice. Do note, 3Den, that the unit will come with the correct cable, although it's a short one. If you buy one of the universal USB-type chargers that uses a separate cable (so you can plug in the unit's cable), you should be good to go. I personally am using a Dynex USB charger from Best Buy. It's rated at 5VDC @ 1000mA.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2283 Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Den View Post

Thanks for the advice with Tron and Imax. I wanted to buy Tron anyway, now I´ll take the 3D version.

Just one last question to be prepared, when the Theatre arrives: What do I need to power the Theatre box? I have heard that only the 3D Gamer can be powered by the USB port of the PS3 and the Displayer/Theatre needs a wall connection. Can I just take any Mini-USB to wall connector or do I need to pay attention to something?

I am using PS3 and Theatre / RF glasses, no need to buy a single USB power supply in my system.
post #1353 of 2283 Old 06-26-2011, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuettoi View Post

I am using PS3 and Theatre / RF glasses, no need to buy a single USB power supply in my system.

I never tried the PS3 USB port. It was stated that it didn't work so I never tried it. I think that post said they were using the IR emitter so maybe the RF emitter doesn't need as much current. I'll try this the next time I use it.

Ron
post #1354 of 2283 Old 06-26-2011, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the feedback, so I´ll better wait until I receive the Theatre. Also I didn´t know that they send a power cable with it.
Maybe it will work with my PS3 like it does for yuettoi, that would be the easiest option. So I´m looking forward to your results, Ronomy.
post #1355 of 2283 Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

No, I haven´t.

I can only find 1 amp Mini USB chargers (like they are used for cell phones etc.). Can I use them or does it have to be a pure power supplier? Don´t know if there is actually a difference.

That's exactly what I use, a usb cell phone charger, it works fine.
post #1356 of 2283 Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 PM

I have been using the Belkin mini surge protector with usb charger ever since i got the vip theater. It's cheap, compact and i can have my other components plugged into it at same time. However, i don't know why it won't charge my ps3 controllers...
post #1357 of 2283 Old 06-27-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
That's exactly what I use, a usb cell phone charger, it works fine.
Ok, so that´s what I will use if it doesn´t work with the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvramalgam View Post
i don't know why it won't charge my ps3 controllers...
The PS3 controller seems to need something special. I wasn´t able to charge it with another adapter as well.
post #1358 of 2283 Old 06-27-2011, 02:43 PM

Liked: 11
Hey everyone. I've just ordered the 3D-Theater with RF Glasses kit to compliment my Acer H5360. I plan to try it on my Panasonic PT-AE2000U and will post the results here if I get a decent enough 3D image. I also have a 3 year old 46" Samsung LCD TV which I want to experiment with. Wish me luck!
post #1359 of 2283 Old 06-27-2011, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksback View Post

Hey everyone. I've just ordered the 3D-Theater with RF Glasses kit to compliment my Acer H5360. I plan to try it on my Panasonic PT-AE2000U and will post the results here if I get a decent enough 3D image. I also have a 3 year old 46" Samsung LCD TV which I want to experiment with. Wish me luck!

The Acer looks great with the Theatre unit and RF glasses! You should only have to plug it in and maybe invert polarity. The RF glasses don't screw up colors!
post #1360 of 2283 Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejpeterman View Post

Just received an email from Vip.

Thanks for your inquiry. We have completed our testing and are pleased to inform that our products work very well. We support more modes in our 3D Theatre than any other product on the planet.

The Gamer will only work with PS3, 3D Games and DLP 120Hz projectors/televisions.

We will have 3D Theatre/3D-Displayer in stock in the first week of April.

3D-Theatre: $499.00 (Games, Movies, Satellite/Cable & Internet and 60Hz/120Hz TV/projector)

3D-Displayer: $299.00 (Games and Movies & 60Hz/120Hz TV/projector)

IR emitter glasses with emitter: $129.00

DLP Link glasses: $70.00

Shipping via USPS Priority Mail: $29.99 (International) & $9.99 (Domestic)

Do please select what unit/glasses you are looking to purchase.

Do please include the exact products you are purchasing in the description line.

If I can be of further assistance, do please send me an email.

Thanks and cheers!

This implies more than one type of glasses are doable. Will you be forced to purchase more than one type if you have a DLP PJ and an LCD PJ? Or an LCD 60Hz display for that matter? Thanx.
post #1361 of 2283 Old 06-27-2011, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRA View Post

This implies more than one type of glasses are doable. Will you be forced to purchase more than one type if you have a DLP PJ and an LCD PJ? Or an LCD 60Hz display for that matter? Thanx.

Only if you have a dlp link projector that you want/need to use the dlp link feature on, and also have other displays that are not compatible with dlp link.

The IR glasses will work ok with lcd/plasma/etc. displays, as well as with dlp projectors without dlp link or where the dlp link can be turned off. The rf glasses (recommended) are highly adjustable and compatible with a variety of displays.

I use the rf setup, and I have a non-3d dlp projector and an lcd flat panel.
post #1362 of 2283 Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

The Acer looks great with the Theatre unit and RF glasses! You should only have to plug it in and maybe invert polarity. The RF glasses don't screw up colors!

Thanks, good to know

I originally ordered the 3D-XL with 3 pairs of DLP-Link glasses but could not understand what everyone was going on about. The 3D image I saw had ghosting and was uncomfortable to watch. I've now sold my glasses and 3D-XL in the hope the theater gives me the awesome 3D so many of you are experiencing. I'm also excited to try it out on my Panasonic and Samsung TV.
post #1363 of 2283 Old 06-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksback View Post

I believe your AE2000 will function fine at the 60hz. setting. You will especially enjoy 120hz on the Acer.

With the Samsung LCD you might have some image persistence and possible frame lock fluctuation. We'll keep an eye for your report.
post #1364 of 2283 Old 06-28-2011, 07:47 PM

I have the VIP-Theatre and it works fine with Blu-ray 3D but I am having a problem with Espn 3D using TW cable

Vip-Theatre
Cisco 8460HDC
AE4000 and Samsung LCD LN46A550

I Have tried everything Dip switch is at 60H I am pressing the button 2 times
I got it it to work on a few occasions but don't know why.
When it first comes on the Theatre shows top two lights and both displays show Top and bottom format. One push and I still have top and bottom but it appeard to be in 3d format(ghosted picture) When I push 2 times I get 3 lights on the Theatre but flashing red on RF emitter and no picture at all on either display
Any Ideas
Bill D
post #1365 of 2283 Old 06-28-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaub1 View Post

I have the VIP-Theatre and it works fine with Blu-ray 3D but I am having a problem with Espn 3D using TW cable

Vip-Theatre
Cisco 8460HDC

I can´t solve your problem, but one question: Blu-Ray 3D works fine on your Samsung A550 (flicker, ghosting etc.)?
post #1366 of 2283 Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Advanced Member

My VIP+6x RF glasses was delivered on my doorstep yesterday, and must say after little tuning that Avatar and IMAX 3D are just as I remember in public theaters

My chain is: Tvix M-6500A > Onkyo 905 > VIP > M8500CRT (Moome v2 HDMI)

The PQ is very very good. Had to touch up the contrast from 40 to 55 to get the greyscale (and brightness) tuned in...
The PJ is calibrated and got the HD144 lenses.

My Marquee 8500 is an "Stereoscopic 3D model" with P43 green tube, and it supports 120Hz without issues!

Rolf Hult
My HT
post #1367 of 2283 Old 06-29-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:

I can´t solve your problem, but one question: Blu-Ray 3D works fine on your Samsung A550 (flicker, ghosting etc.)?

Ghosting is not a problem with some adjustment of the glasses and only some slight flicker in very white scenes
post #1368 of 2283 Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaub1 View Post

Vip-Theatre
Cisco 8460HDC

I Have tried everything Dip switch is at 60H I am pressing the button 2 times
I got it it to work on a few occasions but don't know why.
When it first comes on the Theatre shows top two lights and both displays show Top and bottom format. One push and I still have top and bottom but it appeard to be in 3d format(ghosted picture) When I push 2 times I get 3 lights on the Theatre but flashing red on RF emitter and no picture at all on either display
Any Ideas
Bill D

Time Warner Cable's recent set top boxes have no native mode to switch to the proper resolution automatically. So if your box is set for 1080i, you'll get a black screen.

Try setting the cable box to 720p and see if that works.
post #1369 of 2283 Old 06-29-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:

Time Warner Cable's recent set top boxes have no native mode to switch to the proper resolution automatically. So if your box is set for 1080i, you'll get a black screen.

Try setting the cable box to 720p and see if that works.

Worked as the box I have was set to accept just 1080i so I added 720p and that seems to have worked
Appreciate the help
post #1370 of 2283 Old 06-30-2011, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Only if you have a dlp link projector that you want/need to use the dlp link feature on, and also have other displays that are not compatible with dlp link.

The IR glasses will work ok with lcd/plasma/etc. displays, as well as with dlp projectors without dlp link or where the dlp link can be turned off. The rf glasses (recommended) are highly adjustable and compatible with a variety of displays.

I use the rf setup, and I have a non-3d dlp projector and an lcd flat panel.

That helps. Ideally, I'd want to invest in hardware that adapts universally. I have LCD and Plasma displays as well as LCD and DLP projectors. Only the LCD pj does not support HDMI. The RF solution has my attention. Thanx
post #1371 of 2283 Old 07-01-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

PS3 -> DVDO Duo -> VIP Theater -> Acer H5360 works great if anyone is interested in this setup. The Duo goes into auto 3D bypass when watching 3D.

The PS3 was configured prior to connnecting everything this way so I don't know if the auto display config would work if I ran it with it connected like this.
post #1372 of 2283 Old 07-01-2011, 07:35 AM

Finally I got the 3D Theatre + RF glasses. The 3D effect is awesome.

But I have some problems with adjusting the RF glasses. I can see how the lenses shut up down very strong (not depending on if I look on the TV or everywhere else). What do I have to press on the emitter to reduce this?
I have tried different things with the joystick, sometimes the LED´s are green, red or orange. But I don´t exactly now how the have to light when I´m the right menu.
post #1373 of 2283 Old 07-01-2011, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But I have some problems with adjusting the RF glasses. I can see how the lenses shut up down very strong (not depending on if I look on the TV or everywhere else). What do I have to press on the emitter to reduce this?
I have tried different things with the joystick, sometimes the LED´s are green, red or orange. But I don´t exactly now how the have to light when I´m the right menu.

Email VIP and they will send you directions and the software utility to adjust the glasses.
post #1374 of 2283 Old 07-01-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:

Email VIP and they will send you directions and the software utility to adjust the glasses.

I have both and now found out how to adjust the glasses. The result isn´t perfect, so I´ll take some more time to adjust the settings.
Concerning the software: It doesn´t identify that the glasses are connected (USB) to the PC.
post #1375 of 2283 Old 07-01-2011, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have both and now found out how to adjust the glasses. The result isn´t perfect, so I´ll take some more time to adjust the settings.
Concerning the software: It doesn´t identify that the glasses are connected (USB) to the PC.

The software is for the emitter not the glasses.
post #1376 of 2283 Old 07-01-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:

The software is for the emitter not the glasses.

Thanks, that was the fault.
post #1377 of 2283 Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:

3Den, can your PS3 power up the Theatre well?
post #1378 of 2283 Old 07-02-2011, 12:56 PM

Waiting on a response back from Jon but possibly someone else can help me.

Theatre + RF + HD66

Computer needs LR inverted and seems to work fine.

PS3 has to be inverted for some stuff and normal for others. I don't get it honestly.

Some stuff strains the eyes and definitely looks wrong, switch to other mode and works right.

Was testing with various 3D free samples from PSN and wipeout hd. Wipeout looks ok in standard LR but videos don't, videos look better inverted.

I hope it is some weird config issue.
post #1379 of 2283 Old 07-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNeptune View Post

Waiting on a response back from Jon but possibly someone else can help me.

Theatre + RF + HD66

Computer needs LR inverted and seems to work fine.

PS3 has to be inverted for some stuff and normal for others. I don't get it honestly.

Some stuff strains the eyes and definitely looks wrong, switch to other mode and works right.

Was testing with various 3D free samples from PSN and wipeout hd. Wipeout looks ok in standard LR but videos don't, videos look better inverted.

I hope it is some weird config issue.

Well it might not be a config issue. It could also be the variances that content providers perform in their production. Not sure at this point that they phase L/R to a standard at this point. That would explain you having to make changes when changing content to make it right.

So far with 3D Blurays I haven't needed to do a polarity change, but then I only have two disks in my collection at this point.
post #1380 of 2283 Old 07-03-2011, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtVideo View Post

Well it might not be a config issue. It could also be the variances that content providers perform in their production. Not sure at this point that they phase L/R to a standard at this point. That would explain you having to make changes when changing content to make it right.

So far with 3D Blurays I haven't needed to do a polarity change, but then I only have two disks in my collection at this point.

I agree. It's likely within the content.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page