Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00CivicEx View Post

Where to buy this at?

As posted by SgtVideo on the previous page:

When VIP3D began it's initial release of products they were for direct purchase from them and two other vendors. Now that 3DNow is taking over global distribution that is no longer the case. It's my understanding that new vendors will be added shortly, so for now, product is only available from Consignia in Canada.

The Displayer and Gamer will be dropped from current production to make room for expected new hardware shortly.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #1653 of 2247 Old 11-10-2011, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So I take it these things have been in limited supply so far? If it will work with my Vizio LCD for under $500 I'll spring for one, but of course want to hear how it works first! I wanted to wait for 3D before getting a new TV, but I had a 13 year old CRT as my main set and just couldn't wait any longer!

Wonder if there's any way to watch the old field-sequential 3D on an LCD too. I have a few movies on VHS put out by 3-D TV Corporation in 1990, and a few of the IMAX films released on DVD using the same format, but since my TV combines fields the 3D from these doesn't work.
post #1654 of 2247 Old 11-17-2011, 05:33 PM

Liked: 10
I wonder once gamer/displayer are stopped. Are there have any same class product?? displayed+?? although there maybe have new product in coming Q1/2012 but why stopped the gamer/displayer so early? actually I just know this product and very interested on it

Another question, the glasses from monster and optoma are 100% same as VIP's??
I want to confirm they are 60Hz/120Hz glasses but not just 120Hz.

Finally, the real 3DTV's price are dropped alot, VIP/3DNOW still keep these convertor at so high of price??
post #1655 of 2247 Old 11-18-2011, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfiction View Post

I wonder once gamer/displayer are stopped. Are there have any same class product?? displayed+?? although there maybe have new product in coming Q1/2012 but why stopped the gamer/displayer so early? actually I just know this product and very interested on it

Finally, the real 3DTV's price are dropped alot, VIP/3DNOW still keep these convertor at so high of price??

Sales data determines whether a product remains in production. A manufacturer needs a minimum quantity order for circuit board production or it's not economical to produce at it's price point.

Monstervision, Optoma and VIP3D or all relabeled Bit Cauldron RF glasses, if I remember correctly these can operate in the range of 60-200 hz. Just remember that whoever you buy the glasses from that you will need to use THEIR support department to resolve those related issues. Check the related AVS forums to see how well those get resolved. I don't think I noticed any particular standout difficulties on the Monstervision threads...can't speak for Optoma threads.

VIP/3DNow are not competing against the NEW video display market, current product line gives 3D capability to those who wish to use non-3D capable equipment.

Their product line for 2012 is expected to have hardware that will add new capability to the commercial and home user. So far not revealed at the 3DNow site as yet but I am aware of their presence and not at liberty at this time to make mention of them.

New improved glasses will also be in the pipeline shortly as well.

If the Displayer fills your need then by all means check Consignia to see if they are still in stock, once gone then that's probably it. Of course currency exchange rate will be a factor but with the current dollar temporary strengthening then it might be good for now.

The new 3DNow global vendor list should become available somewhere around Dec-Jan.
post #1656 of 2247 Old 11-18-2011, 11:25 AM

I saw the details from 3DNOW.com the 3DNOW Theatre can support "3D HD viewing up to 1080p", is this a new function for the Theatre, those purchased from 3D-VIP will only got 3D in 720p?

Since the TheatrePlus+ can support dual projector, does it mean we can use two 1080p projector to create the Passive 3D video and then we no need to use the shutter glasses? if yes, the resolution of this kind passive 3D video will be 1080p too??

If only use the unit to watch the blu-ray 3D disc and play PS3 3D game, the 3D-Displayer is enough?? or are there have any Blu-ray's 3D are using SBS and Tnb ?? (since I just aware the Displayer is not support SBS and Tnb)

Thank you everybody !~
post #1657 of 2247 Old 11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I saw the details from 3DNOW.com the 3DNOW Theatre can support "3D HD viewing up to 1080p", is this a new function for the Theatre, those purchased from 3D-VIP will only got 3D in 720p?

Since the TheatrePlus+ can support dual projector, does it mean we can use two 1080p projector to create the Passive 3D video and then we no need to use the shutter glasses? if yes, the resolution of this kind passive 3D video will be 1080p too??

If only use the unit to watch the blu-ray 3D disc and play PS3 3D game, the 3D-Displayer is enough?? or are there have any Blu-ray's 3D are using SBS and Tnb ?? (since I just aware the Displayer is not support SBS and Tnb)

Thank you everybody !~

They are in error on the 3DNow website and will have to send Jonathan an email to get that corrected. 1280/720P/60,120 Max for Theater.

I see nothing about TheaterPlus supporting dual projector; 1080P, 7.1 audio yes and I believe that is the root of the previous error. Webmaster flub

You are correct in your projector assumptions if and when hardware becomes available, no shutter glasses, so recycle those RealD glasses at home.

I believe Xbox has some SBS games, so if your are only interested in frame-packed 3D video (BluRay) and f-p3D games then Displayer is sufficient. If you are interested in viewing cable SBS and T2B 3D then the Theater is required for those formats.

TheaterPlus will be released to the consumer integrators (CI, ala installers) first, then I believe possibly in the middle of the year a consumer version, we don't need to pay for multi-zone distribution.
So if your a hold-out for 1080P/7.1 you might have to wait until around mid-summer 2012. It's just too early to see how this unwinds for now.
post #1658 of 2247 Old 11-18-2011, 06:47 PM

here is the path that I found to talk about dual projector for FullHD Passive 3D systems.
according to the words from below path, one left one right, dual projector mount.
I assume the Full HD Passive Convertor is using 2 Projector, right?!

"http://hdguru.com/black-boxes-convert-any-2d-hdtv-to-3d-and-more-cedia-part-ii/5473/#more-5473"

I don't care it is support 7.1 or 7.2 since my AMP already supporting HD Audio in 7.2,
as you say the MAX supporting is 1280p/60Hz or 120Hz, so the resolution can be higher then 1080p,right?! seem so great~!!!
post #1659 of 2247 Old 11-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

here is the path that I found to talk about dual projector for FullHD Passive 3D systems.
according to the words from below path, one left one right, dual projector mount.
I assume the Full HD Passive Convertor is using 2 Projector, right?!

"http://hdguru.com/black-boxes-convert-any-2d-hdtv-to-3d-and-more-cedia-part-ii/5473/#more-5473"

I don't care it is support 7.1 or 7.2 since my AMP already supporting HD Audio in 7.2,
as you say the MAX supporting is 1280p/60Hz or 120Hz, so the resolution can be higher then 1080p,right?! seem so great~!!!

Thanks for the link.

Just so that you are clear on the Theater. It is memory limited and some of the other internal components to only produce 720P/60,120 3D and 5.1 audio, there is no room design wise to my understanding to upgrade that board.

The 1280 is horizontal resolution, hence 1280x720P

Theater+ takes it to the next level but initially for the CI market. Later next year a consumer version with whatever name they decide will allow the home user 1080P with some multi-frequency brackets and 7.1 audio.

The dual projector project is completing it's testing phase and there is no information to share on that but hopefully before the end of the year. I am told the results are very encouraging. So that should be something for those interested in going down that path to look forward to next year.

I know I would be interested in maybe patching two Acer5360s to produce passive 3D. I was considering Optoma HD66s but their vertical offset works against my setup. I need to stay roughly on optical axis to screen centerline, as I have a dual-screen and aspect ratio setup, 2.35 and 16x9 and behind all of that a 61" DLP rear projection set.

It appears the CEDIA article link you are viewing is just not clarifying the differences between models and they just say Theater for everything.

Hopefully Jonathan will be able to put together an information release that I can post to this forum that will provide better clarification on the upcoming hardware. Of course any information will need the blessing of 3DNow as well.
post #1660 of 2247 Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I use Optoma RF glasses side by side with my VIP glasses, feeding them a 60 Hz signal from my Theater through a VIP RF emitter. They work just fine!

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1661 of 2247 Old 11-19-2011, 11:20 PM

Hi, I recently got a 3d bluray iso from a friend. Anyone managed to play a ISO file with PowerDVD or TMT5 using the VIP theater?

My PC is hooked up to my 3D receiver via hdmi and I am using the Amd hd6770 video card which is 3d capable.
post #1662 of 2247 Old 11-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvramalgam View Post

Hi, I recently got a 3d bluray iso from a friend. Anyone managed to play a ISO file with PowerDVD or TMT5 using the VIP theater?

My PC is hooked up to my 3D receiver via hdmi and I am using the Amd hd6770 video card which is 3d capable.

Have you verified that the video card is outputting the acceptable input signals shown on the Theater datasheet? Have you also tested without the AVR in the signal path?

Also check the PowerDVD and TMT forums to see if there are any special issues associated with those programs for .ISO playback.
post #1663 of 2247 Old 11-20-2011, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtVideo View Post

Have you verified that the video card is outputting the acceptable input signals shown on the Theater datasheet? Have you also tested without the AVR in the signal path?

Also check the PowerDVD and TMT forums to see if there are any special issues associated with those programs for .ISO playback.

I agree. The VIP products are intended for use with consumer electronics products, which use slightly different timing than computers (even over HDMI), and this could be part of the problem.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1664 of 2247 Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

I agree. The VIP products are intended for use with consumer electronics products, which use slightly different timing than computers (even over HDMI), and this could be part of the problem.

I have to admit that I have yet to spend more time trying to figure this out. I was hoping someone here successfully had htpc outputting blurayiso content via viptheater to the projector. According to my hardware, I should be able to achieve this. I read many had successfully displayed blurayiso content from their htpc to their 3dtv set using a 3d capable video card and software.
post #1665 of 2247 Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:

I have to admit that I have yet to spend more time trying to figure this out. I was hoping someone here successfully had htpc outputting blurayiso content via viptheater to the projector. According to my hardware, I should be able to achieve this. I read many had successfully displayed blurayiso content from their htpc to their 3dtv set using a 3d capable video card and software.

Ok, I got it to work. Turns out the copy of 3d blurayiso I got from my friend is bad one. I got another from him and 3d worked as it should be. I was expecting the VIP Theater to switch on the 3d light on the unit when the bluray is being played, but no.

So I hereby confirm 3d bluray iso playback successful using TMT5, Radeon HD6770, and VIP theater.
post #1666 of 2247 Old 11-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sure they did but I bet most didn't accomplish it on their first attempt.
post #1667 of 2247 Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ok, I got it to work. Turns out the copy of 3d blurayiso I got from my friend is bad one. I got another from him and 3d worked as it should be. I was expecting the VIP Theater to switch on the 3d light on the unit when the bluray is being played, but no.

So I hereby confirm 3d bluray iso playback successful using TMT5, Radeon HD6770, and VIP theater.

Can you now confirm the video settings used matched the datasheet or not?
Trying to keep your thread cohesive.

You haven't stated as yet whether you have used a factory disk to confirm the Theater LED is good or bad. Rare to have a bad LED but I've heard of a few installed with reversed polarity.
post #1668 of 2247 Old 11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonalex89 View Post

VIP is unaware of anyone else other than our supplier providing 60Hz/120Hz IR Active Shutter glasses with emitter. Therefore, I suggest that you purchase your glasses with us. Having said that, if someone else does provide such glasses, we would like to know in order to test and give our blessings for you to purchase from the source.
We are also working on providing theatre quality emitters along with longer cables and different connectors to help our customers to experience the best output from our units.
Thanks for starting this thread and I will be sure to chime in, time and time again.
Cheers!
Jonathan Alexande

I have some questions as I am SERIOUSLY considering buying your product. If it will work for me, I WILL buy it. I sent an email to your company and await your reply. I have a Sanyo PLV Z2000 1080p projector which I really like a lot and I'm looking for a bridge until a reasonably priced passive 3D projector hits the market. The prices of the passive 3d projectors I've looked at so far make my eardrums sweat. My projector is 100Hz/80kHz and is an LCD projector. Is there anything that throws up any red flags? Does your device only work on 60 and 120Hz devices? I saw another device which appears to do essentially the same thing (3D Now) and don't know if it is the same, or updated, device in different packaging as there seems to be some nexus between your companies.

The websites I've visited don't seem to provide much information about where to buy either so I'd appreciate some direction in that area.

One other thing (and I've posted something similar on another thread), I got to thinking....if I understand things correctly, your device takes a signal from 3D source material and allows it to be projected from/on a HDMI 1.3 compliant device using an active shutter sync. Correct? Why not manufacture a device which could do essentially the same using polarized light? That is, why not make it a passive system? Are there huge technological hurdles to be overcome? It seems like you've done the hard part already.

Home Theater: Acer H9500BD 3D Projector, 120" Elite Screen, Sony BDP-S780 3D Blu-Ray Player, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround

Family Room: Mitsubishi 73" 3D DLP, Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-Ray Player, Harmon Kardon AVR 5.1, Polk Audio 5.1 Surround
post #1669 of 2247 Old 11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post

I have some questions as I am SERIOUSLY considering buying your product. If it will work for me, I WILL buy it. I sent an email to your company and await your reply. I have a Sanyo PLV Z2000 1080p projector which I really like a lot and I'm looking for a bridge until a reasonably priced passive 3D projector hits the market. The prices of the passive 3d projectors I've looked at so far make my eardrums sweat. My projector is 100Hz/80kHz and is an LCD projector. Is there anything that throws up any red flags? Does your device only work on 60 and 120Hz devices? I saw another device which appears to do essentially the same thing (3D Now) and don't know if it is the same, or updated, device in different packaging as there seems to be some nexus between your companies.

The websites I've visited don't seem to provide much information about where to buy either so I'd appreciate some direction in that area.

One other thing (and I've posted something similar on another thread), I got to thinking....if I understand things correctly, your device takes a signal from 3D source material and allows it to be projected from/on a HDMI 1.3 compliant device using an active shutter sync. Correct? Why not manufacture a device which could do essentially the same using polarized light? That is, why not make it a passive system? Are there huge technological hurdles to be overcome? It seems like you've done the hard part already.

I can chime in on a couple of those questions:

Your projector has a good chance of working with the VIP unit, but at 60hz. You will not be able to achieve a higher sync rate until the Theatre plus comes out. That means 3d probably yes, but with some flicker.

As far as passive using the active converter, there are some rotating polarizing plates on the market, which are designed to hook up to the sync out of your pj or 3d converter, and sit in front of the lens of your projector. They range in price from $400 to over a thousand. I don't know of anyone who has invested in one, so I can't recommend. This probably isn't offered by VIP/3dnow because (a) most people going for a passive setup will use dual projectors, and (b) the compatibility issues would be significant. For example, troubleshooting ghosting issues as to whether they are due to the syncing of the converter to the plate, or to the extinction ratio of the screen surface. Or the fact that most lcd projectors are inherently polarized, and that could lead to problems as well.
post #1670 of 2247 Old 11-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Jonathan is somewhat an infrequent visitor on here because he generally carries a full plate on his time. I will try to answer some of this.

As stated earlier you would be operating at 1280x720P/60Hz 3D mode outputted from the Theater. I use a Panasonic AE4000 LCD panel type and we are fine with it, others seem to expect zero flicker, so we can't help you with your tolerance level in your household.

The other possible red flag that may stand out with your Sanyo is you have 1200 lumens available. Since we do not know what screen size, throw and gain you need to make an estimate for yourself whether it would be practical in your environment. Take in account how dark the projection area is and guesstimate a brightness reduction of possibly 40-60%.

One of the possibilities of the upcoming TheaterPlus is it's frequency brackets. In my case it initially appears I could use the 72Hz Vsync, your Sanyo could possibly use the 96Hz Vsync. This would reduce flicker to a more acceptable level and give somewhat of a boost to brightness levels as a result of faster duty cycle. Plus the added 1080P and 7.1 audio. The only question in that regards will be it's price point in the consumer version.

The consumer version of that model probably won't appear until mid-2012, the CI's (installers) get first crack in January I believe.

As far as where to purchase, with the new global partnership with 3DNow they hope to have a new vendor list out somewhere around mid-Dec. For now the only source is Consignia Canada and Curt Palme. Hopefully they will soon have some new US sources. VIP3D will now concentrate on hardware development and last tier tech support and 3DNow will handle distribution and marketing and first tier support to my understanding.

Earlier this year a lot of us purchased direct from VIP3D in Florida but that has been discontinued now that 3DNow is the primary for distribution.

Changes in the RF glasses early next year should result in some interesting improvements as well.

http://3dnow.com/product.html

http://www.consignia.ca/categories/3...6-Accessories/
post #1671 of 2247 Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 PM

Dear,
I would like to know did 3D-Displayer can play all blu-ray disc successly?
are there any Blu-ray is/will using SBS or TnB.

on the other hand, some people say there is a serious flicker problem in 60Hz TV, is it? since I saw many people here say they are using the 60Hz projector and got the good experience.

My TV is 50" Plasma with 60Hz, when I watching movies the room's lighting will reduced to 0-20% (that means being a dark room).
Thanks.
post #1672 of 2247 Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:

Can you now confirm the video settings used matched the datasheet or not?
Trying to keep your thread cohesive.

You haven't stated as yet whether you have used a factory disk to confirm the Theater LED is good or bad. Rare to have a bad LED but I've heard of a few installed with reversed polarity.

The video settings used does match with the data sheet at 720p.

3d led is good as it Is turned on when 3d content is being played via the PS3.

It is not a big deal whether or not the 3d led is on or not as soon as it is working.
post #1673 of 2247 Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Jonathan is somewhat an infrequent visitor on here because he generally carries a full plate on his time. I will try to answer some of this.

As stated earlier you would be operating at 1280x720P/60Hz 3D mode outputted from the Theater. I use a Panasonic AE4000 LCD panel type and we are fine with it, others seem to expect zero flicker, so we can't help you with your tolerance level in your household.

The other possible red flag that may stand out with your Sanyo is you have 1200 lumens available. Since we do not know what screen size, throw and gain you need to make an estimate for yourself whether it would be practical in your environment. Take in account how dark the projection area is and guesstimate a brightness reduction of possibly 40-60%.

One of the possibilities of the upcoming TheaterPlus is it's frequency brackets. In my case it initially appears I could use the 72Hz Vsync, your Sanyo could possibly use the 96Hz Vsync. This would reduce flicker to a more acceptable level and give somewhat of a boost to brightness levels as a result of faster duty cycle. Plus the added 1080P and 7.1 audio. The only question in that regards will be it's price point in the consumer version.

The consumer version of that model probably won't appear until mid-2012, the CI's (installers) get first crack in January I believe.

As far as where to purchase, with the new global partnership with 3DNow they hope to have a new vendor list out somewhere around mid-Dec. For now the only source is Consignia Canada and Curt Palme. Hopefully they will soon have some new US sources. VIP3D will now concentrate on hardware development and last tier tech support and 3DNow will handle distribution and marketing and first tier support to my understanding.

Earlier this year a lot of us purchased direct from VIP3D in Florida but that has been discontinued now that 3DNow is the primary for distribution.

Changes in the RF glasses early next year should result in some interesting improvements as well.

http://3dnow.com/product.html

http://www.consignia.ca/categories/3...6-Accessories/

Thank you. That was very, very helpful. I guessed most of what you told me, but it's nice to know for sure. I noted the "3D Now" website wasn't fully functional and read somewhere about this partnership. While I'm intrigued by your comment about new RF glasses, the only real surprise was that the new model probably wouldn't be out before the middle of next year. Not a very pleasant surprise to be sure, but I've dealt with worse. I'm not interested in throwing $500 at something which will soon be replaced by something which will work better.

I still wonder whether or not making this a passive system is even feasible.....it seems, on the face, like it could be done. Do you know if that is something which may be in the cards or even possible with this technology?

Lindey

Home Theater: Acer H9500BD 3D Projector, 120" Elite Screen, Sony BDP-S780 3D Blu-Ray Player, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround

Family Room: Mitsubishi 73" 3D DLP, Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-Ray Player, Harmon Kardon AVR 5.1, Polk Audio 5.1 Surround
post #1674 of 2247 Old 11-22-2011, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Dear,
I would like to know did 3D-Displayer can play all blu-ray disc successly?
are there any Blu-ray is/will using SBS or TnB.

on the other hand, some people say there is a serious flicker problem in 60Hz TV, is it? since I saw many people here say they are using the 60Hz projector and got the good experience.

My TV is 50" Plasma with 60Hz, when I watching movies the room's lighting will reduced to 0-20% (that means being a dark room).
Thanks.

I haven't had any problems viewing 3D Blu Ray content through my Theater at all. However, all my discs are factory ones, not rips. Many of the people you see here having issues are either using PCs as sources or are attempting to play downloaded or ripped content.

Flicker is an 'eye of the beholder' kind of thing. Like rainbows on DLPs or screen door effect on LCD and plasma, some people are more sensitive to it than others. My wife and I don't find it objectionable, but we are watching on an older CRT RPTV that just isn't as bright as the newer displays. If you use a Displayer or Theater on any display run at its out of the box 'torch' settings, you're going to see flicker.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1675 of 2247 Old 11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I still wonder whether or not making this a passive system is even feasible.....it seems, on the face, like it could be done. Do you know if that is something which may be in the cards or even possible with this technology?

Lindey

If you were able to interface two Optoma HD66s or Acer 5360s to form a dual projector passive system with a moderate priced adapter would you consider it?

Both projectors would have to be the same for proper 3D convergence, no mix and match.
post #1676 of 2247 Old 11-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Flicker is an 'eye of the beholder' kind of thing. Like rainbows on DLPs or screen door effect on LCD and plasma, some people are more sensitive to it than others. My wife and I don't find it objectionable, but we are watching on an older CRT RPTV that just isn't as bright as the newer displays. If you use a Displayer or Theater on any display run at its out of the box 'torch' settings, you're going to see flicker.

I probably need to adjust my settings (Using a Epson 8100 PJ) but the flicker and ghosting is pretty horrible with the ViP Theater and Panasonic 3D BD player. I'm totally disappointed and regret not buying the Optoma GT750 instead. I mean, by the time I finally received my RF glasses and emitter, it was far too late to send the ViP back to Consignia (7 day refund policy). It was a pain in the ass trying to figure out how to make it work too, only to find out (after having to enable SBS on the Panasonic) that my supposedly 3D Ready Sony Receiver isn't 3D Ready and doesn't pass the 3D signal (I confirmed that I have the latest firmware installed). I pretty much gave up on trying to use the Vip Theater. For now, I have no sound - unless I plug the TOSLINK into the back of the Panasonic player - but I'm hoping that I could use my Sewell splitter and take advantage of the loss-less HDMI sound (split the signal from the 3DBD player to the ViP and to the AVR via the Sewell HDMI splitter). Again, after viewing the horrible 3D from the VIP, having no sound was the least of my problems. I should have known better.

For now, I'm having to watch 3D on my new Acer 27" monitor instead. At least with the Acer I have full 1080p 3D as opposed to the 720p of the Epson 8100 and hopefully with the new Vision 2 glasses I ordered, I won't have as much ghosting as I have with the standard 3D Vision glasses and the depth settings set to default (I have to reduce the depth to minimal so there is no ghosting but at this rate, it's not very 3D). This monitor has it's flaws but it's not as bad as trying to do 60hz 3D.
post #1677 of 2247 Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm, I'm also using a Panasonic 3D BD player, and I haven't had to force SBS mode to get it to work with the Theater. And my Onkyo receiver also isn't 3D capable, but it will pass the Theater's HDMI 1.3 output just fine. I have had to set the BDP to do the sound decoding for DTS Master audio instead of the receiver, since the Theater will not pass it. OTOH, Dolby TrueHD works just fine through the Theater. As you probably figured out, my chain is BDP->Theater->receiver->display. This has the added benefit of allowing the receiver to convert the Theater's 720p output to 1080i, which my display accepts.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #1678 of 2247 Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hmm, I'm also using a Panasonic 3D BD player, and I haven't had to force SBS mode to get it to work with the Theater. And my Onkyo receiver also isn't 3D capable, but it will pass the Theater's HDMI 1.3 output just fine. I have had to set the BDP to do the sound decoding for DTS Master audio instead of the receiver, since the Theater will not pass it. OTOH, Dolby TrueHD works just fine through the Theater. As you probably figured out, my chain is BDP->Theater->receiver->display. This has the added benefit of allowing the receiver to convert the Theater's 720p output to 1080i, which my display accepts.

I had my BDT-210 > ViP > Sony DH-710 > Epson 8100 and would get a on-screen message stating that I need to connect to a 3D source and at the same time the 3D signal LED is not lit on the VIP.

So... in trying to figure out how to get this to work, I went to the bare minimum: BDT-210 > ViP > Epson 8100. Still no 3D LED light on the ViP. I figured there must be a way to make the ViP think it's receiving a 3D signal, so I pressed either the Top Menu Button or the Pop Up menu button on the BDT-210's remote and on screen I seen the option for 3D settings. I forgot what the default setting was, but obviously it wasn't working, so I selected Side-By-Side option and then after a moment, the 3D LED light on the ViP turned on and now it was receiving the signal. I then selected the option to play the movie in 3D (testing Resident Evil: Afterlife) and was finally able to view it in 3D. The flicker was horrible at the menu level but when I turned off all the lights in the house and skipped a few chapters to actually see the movie, the flicker was substantially less but the ghosting was equally as bad.

At this point, I had no sound, which is understandable as the Epson 8100 doesn't have speakers. Since I could now see the 3D, I went ahead and connected the AVR into this chain but I kept getting that message stating that there needs to be a 3D device. I could only view the movie/menu/etc in 2D mode only. I forgot if the option for SBS was available at this point, but I know I tried all steps, including placing the ViP in the chain after the AVR. Nothing worked.

It's been so long since I actually heard loss-less audio that I was really impressed by the blu-ray audio. I've been using my HTPC via TOSLINK to the Sony DH710 and been perfectly happy with this. At this time, there is no way that my GTX460's HDMI connector (a non-reference card) can pass sound, even though it is advertised to do so, it just won't work, so I'm stuck with TOSLINK, but anyhow, I couldn't get the ViP to work with my HTPC, so that was why I bought the Panny BDT-210.
post #1679 of 2247 Old 11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Sony DH-710:

Quote:

3D Pass-through
Compatible with 3D Blu-ray Disc™ movies, video games and other 3D content9

9. Firmware update may be required, 3D viewing requires 3D content, 3D HDTV and high speed HDMI™ cable. Other 3D accessories (including 3D glasses) may also be required.

As stated, I have the firmware update, high speed HDMI cable, accessories, but this thing isn't passing the 3D signal
post #1680 of 2247 Old 11-22-2011, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLord View Post

Sony DH-710:

As stated, I have the firmware update, high speed HDMI cable, accessories, but this thing isn't passing the 3D signal

The Sony probably expects to see HDMI 1.4 sources only for 3D. Try to put the 3D VIP on the output of the receiver, not before it on the input side. The 3D VIP may be seen as an HDMI 1.3 source, which didn't have 3D as part of the spec (this is how they make it work w/ older non-3D sources.) If you connect it to the output of the receiver and do the 3D processing afterwards, that might work. Worth a shot.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page