3D Theatre - VIP Product Thread - Page 66 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1951 of 2247 Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The problem is the lights just keep blinking flashing red and the glasses are not shuddering.The lights are all lit up on the Theater unitThey are not syncing for some reason.It has worked fine for over a year.I adjusted the settings when I got a new 3d Bluray.A couple of days later I fired everything up to watch ESPN on Direct Tv.Only passthru 2d is working now.A 3d picture is displayed on both 3d Bluray and Direct Tv.I tried all 3 pairs of glasses with no results.I charged them all and still nothing.Maybe if I could reset the emitter and glasses,That would fix it.The emitter has power and the joystick does work.I set it to 3 green lights for pairing mode and nothing happened.I think the emitter must be bad or needs to be reset.Any other suggestions would be great.I will probably order another emitter if I can not get it working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 2247 Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnelson View Post

The problem is the lights just keep blinking flashing red and the glasses are not shuddering.The lights are all lit up on the Theater unitThey are not syncing for some reason.It has worked fine for over a year.I adjusted the settings when I got a new 3d Bluray.A couple of days later I fired everything up to watch ESPN on Direct Tv.Only passthru 2d is working now.A 3d picture is displayed on both 3d Bluray and Direct Tv.I tried all 3 pairs of glasses with no results.I charged them all and still nothing.Maybe if I could reset the emitter and glasses,That would fix it.The emitter has power and the joystick does work.I set it to 3 green lights for pairing mode and nothing happened.I think the emitter must be bad or needs to be reset.Any other suggestions would be great.I will probably order another emitter if I can not get it working.

If the Manager utility will communicate with the transmitter and you get normal reaction to the adjustment readouts then I might suspect the connection of the emitter cable at either end. Try the reset and pairing procedure and see if that makes any difference. Of course the transmitter could appear normal in the software but you would have no way of proving it is transmitting a signal to the glasses. Since it is not switching to Green LEDs then it is not in transmit mode. You may in the end have to replace the transmitter.

I never did like the fit of the 1/8" plug at the transmitter end, it seemed to be rough on inserting. I put a light film of silicon grease on mine. Try wiggling those connection points slightly to see if the transmitter goes Green momentarily.
post #1953 of 2247 Old 04-13-2012, 02:58 AM

Liked: 15
Hopefully, somebody here can help me.
I have an optima hd66 projector, vip3d theater, and an onkyo 709 receiver.
Up until recently, I was able to watch 3d through directive without any issues.
A couple days ago, when I was scanning through the guide, I noticed that the 3d channels were grayed out. When I tried those channels, I got a prompt saying that the "TV is not 3D compatible." I am able to watch and play 3d materials through the same setup using my ps3. Any help or insight will greatly be appreciated!
post #1954 of 2247 Old 04-13-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyv1214 View Post

Hopefully, somebody here can help me.
I have an optima hd66 projector, vip3d theater, and an onkyo 709 receiver.
Up until recently, I was able to watch 3d through directive without any issues.
A couple days ago, when I was scanning through the guide, I noticed that the 3d channels were grayed out. When I tried those channels, I got a prompt saying that the "TV is not 3D compatible." I am able to watch and play 3d materials through the same setup using my ps3. Any help or insight will greatly be appreciated!

Sounds to me like your Onkyo isn't allowing your Directv receiver to see your 3D Theater unit. Has your receiver rebooted lately? You could try a direct connection between the Directv receiver and Theater. Reboot and then add the Onkyo back into the circuit.
post #1955 of 2247 Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM

thanks, ronomy

why wouldnt the onkyo pass through 3d to directv but work with the ps3?

i will definitely try your suggestion, though. thanks again.
post #1956 of 2247 Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thanks, ronomy

why wouldnt the onkyo pass through 3d to directv but work with the ps3?

i will definitely try your suggestion, though. thanks again.

It may not work but worth a try.

Did you setup 3D on the ps3 while directly connected to your display? I know I had too before I could pass 3D through my video processor. That may be also true of the Directv receiver.

Your Onkyo maybe blocking the HDMI handshake between your receiver and display. It's worth a try. Although my Directv receiver seems to work in 3D through my video processor. DVDO Duo! Sometimes the channels are greyed out but I can still tune to them.
post #1957 of 2247 Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 PM

Ronomy,

Getting the ps3 was not a issue at all.
Was already aware of the 3d setup for it.
Unfortunately, the directive receiver has no way to "set up" for 3d.
Still haven't had time to try your suggestion, perhaps tonight.
Thanks again.
post #1958 of 2247 Old 04-15-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ronomy,

Getting the ps3 was not a issue at all.
Was already aware of the 3d setup for it.
Unfortunately, the directive receiver has no way to "set up" for 3d.
Still haven't had time to try your suggestion, perhaps tonight.
Thanks again.

The only reason why I suggested to try this is because it was working once. Maybe a firmware update forced a reboot while connected to your receiver where perviously it was connected to your display. I hope it help. Good luck!
post #1959 of 2247 Old 04-15-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

The only reason why I suggested to try this is because it was working once. Maybe a firmware update forced a reboot while connected to your receiver where perviously it was connected to your display. I hope it help. Good luck!

I had same trouble back time, firmware update its work for me.
post #1960 of 2247 Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM

marcybauer

do you mean a firmware update for the vip3d theater for the directive receiver.
i did have an outage a day or two before i noticed the 3d not working. Still haven't had time to try anything out yet. Also, not really motivated since i haven't watched any 3d on directv recently. I think the last 3d programming i watched was a ufc ppv.
post #1961 of 2247 Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 AM

tried connecting the directv receiver directly to the vip3d and got a side by side image.
pressing the p1 button resulted in double image.(it was auto-detected prior to outage) put the glasses on and saw a perfect 3d image.
added the onkyo 709 back into the connection(projector to vip3d to receiver to directv)
again, receiving the message that tv is not 3d compatible. ps3 3d still working fine.
no clue as to why the onkyo won't pass 3d for directv. contemplating dumping the vip3d and purchasing the 3dxl at this point.
is there a contact address for the vip3d theater product?
post #1962 of 2247 Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

tried connecting the directv receiver directly to the vip3d and got a side by side image.
pressing the p1 button resulted in double image.(it was auto-detected prior to outage) put the glasses on and saw a perfect 3d image.
added the onkyo 709 back into the connection(projector to vip3d to receiver to directv)
again, receiving the message that tv is not 3d compatible. ps3 3d still working fine.
no clue as to why the onkyo won't pass 3d for directv. contemplating dumping the vip3d and purchasing the 3dxl at this point.
is there a contact address for the vip3d theater product?

That is weird. My 3D Theater auto changes to any 3D mode from my Directv receiver and my ps3 and they both work fine through my Duo video processor.

Connected directly to the 3D Theater unit you shouldn't have to press any buttons.

What model receiver or DVR do you have?
post #1963 of 2247 Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM

ronomy,

mine was working just as perfectly as yours until recently. i just dont understand what happened.
the receiver is an hr23. i might ask directv for a replacement. thanks for your continued interest and assistance!
post #1964 of 2247 Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ronomy,

mine was working just as perfectly as yours until recently. i just dont understand what happened.
the receiver is an hr23. i might ask directv for a replacement. thanks for your continued interest and assistance!

That is the same model I have.
post #1965 of 2247 Old 05-06-2012, 03:43 PM

Has anyone had any experience with how well this works on the Pioneer Plasma TV's?

I have a PDP-5090LX and am thinking of taking the plunge for a 3D Theatre but would like some feedback before spending ideally.
post #1966 of 2247 Old 05-06-2012, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_hopley View Post

Has anyone had any experience with how well this works on the Pioneer Plasma TV's?

I have a PDP-5090LX and am thinking of taking the plunge for a 3D Theatre but would like some feedback before spending ideally.

You might not like the 60hz flicker but you will get a 3D image. Some people don't mind it. Get the RF glasses too. You have more adjustments with the RF glasses and emitter. Look on amazon for the monster vision 3D RF glasses with emitter to save some money. They are selling very cheap these days. There is also a used theater unit for sale in the classifieds on AVSforum. Well there was one for sale but it disappeared.
post #1967 of 2247 Old 05-07-2012, 02:50 AM

Thanks for reply. What is the 60htz flicker like? I am in the UK so this is gonna cost me quite a bit by the time I pay inflated prices for glasses and the customs import tax. If it is then unwatchable I'm gonna be disappointed to say the least.

Does this flicker affect the experience a lot?
post #1968 of 2247 Old 05-07-2012, 06:40 AM

I have a similar convertor running on a Kuro at 60hz and I dont mind the flicker. It is only apparent in whites or extreme bright scenes and after a few minutes my wife and I dont even notice it. But it all comes down to if it will bother you or not.
post #1969 of 2247 Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronomy View Post

Look on amazon for the monster vision 3D RF glasses with emitter to save some money. They are selling very cheap these days.

The Monster Vision site has the glasses and emitter for a lower price then Amazon. http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5938
post #1970 of 2247 Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

The Monster Vision site has the glasses and emitter for a lower price then Amazon.

Unforunately no-one over there seems to want to sell outside of US. Price of them in UK is £73 which works out to be $115 per set
post #1971 of 2247 Old 05-07-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedub View Post

I have a similar convertor running on a Kuro at 60hz and I dont mind the flicker. It is only apparent in whites or extreme bright scenes and after a few minutes my wife and I dont even notice it. But it all comes down to if it will bother you or not.

+1. Display flicker from the Theater is not objectionable to us either. We find the flicker caused by other light sources seen through the glasses to be much more of a distraction, so tend to watch 3D content at night and with other lighting off or minimized as much as possible. We do have an older CRT unit set to output about 24 Ft/L at 100% white, so if your TV is brighter, YMMV.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #1972 of 2247 Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

CRT and plasma might be a lot better at hiding flicker because they refresh quickly. The Theater unit does work great at 60hz and 120hz. Other than flicker only on my dlp projector the 3D image looks identical in 60hz and 120hz. I didn't like how it looked on my lcd tv's. Flicker wasn't too bad on my JvC LCOS projector but the timing would drift and I had ghosting because of it. Other than that I highly recommend the VIP 3D Theatre.
post #1973 of 2247 Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM

Hi to all,

Today was a big day for me as i have already in my hands the vip 3d theatre.
My system is a clasic 5.1 Home cinema with dts and dolby sound.
135 inches screen.Optoma Hd 66 , western tv live as a player.Monstervision 3d glasses.
The 3d through my Optoma hd66 is outstanding,amazing,unbelievable!!!
What can i say for this product!!!Excellent picture ,no ghosting,no flickering even
in bright scenes no nothing!!!I played with it around four hours
today using my western tv live ,4-5 Imax Movies,LG 3d Demonstration and*
of course Avatar.Super Clear picture super 3d.I used monster vision 3d glasses which are absolutely amazing!10/10!!!
After i use my other 60hz Optoma Hd 80.Even with this projector in full dark environment
,108 inches screen and by tuning a lit the Rf transmiter the picture was outstsnding with some minor flicker in extra bright scenes.8/10.
Very happy with this product.With the same money i had the opportunity to buy a 40" Lg 3d.We can't really compare the big value of this product...
Its amazing watching 3d movies in such a huge screens.
post #1974 of 2247 Old 05-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmnv View Post

Hi to all,

Today was a big day for me as i have already in my hands the vip 3d theatre.
My system is a clasic 5.1 Home cinema with dts and dolby sound.
135 inches screen.Optoma Hd 66 , western tv live as a player.Monstervision 3d glasses.
The 3d through my Optoma hd66 is outstanding,amazing,unbelievable!!!
What can i say for this product!!!Excellent picture ,no ghosting,no flickering even
in bright scenes no nothing!!!I played with it around four hours
today using my western tv live ,4-5 Imax Movies,LG 3d Demonstration and*
of course Avatar.Super Clear picture super 3d.I used monster vision 3d glasses which are absolutely amazing!10/10!!!
After i use my other 60hz Optoma Hd 80.Even with this projector in full dark environment
,108 inches screen and by tuning a lit the Rf transmiter the picture was outstsnding with some minor flicker in extra bright scenes.8/10.
Very happy with this product.With the same money i had the opportunity to buy a 40" Lg 3d.We can't really compare the big value of this product...
Its amazing watching 3d movies in such a huge screens.

Good to hear you are enjoying the unit. Did you get the 3DVIP or 3DNow
branded Theater? Not sure which ones are currently shipping with the changeover to 3DNow.

At least now there are a lot more titles to enjoy compared to when I started.

I will be going back to get a second viewing of "Avengers" this time in 3D, saw the 2D version because the 3D version was not showing in that particular time slot when we attended.

I am sure to add it to my 3D bluray collection when it is released.
post #1975 of 2247 Old 05-10-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtVideo View Post

branded Theater? Not sure which ones are currently shipping with the changeover to 3DNow.

I will be going back to get a second viewing of "Avengers" this time in 3D, saw the 2D version because the 3D version was not showing in that particular time slot when we attended.

I bought the Vip 3d theatre.I have no patience waiting for
the new vip 3d now!
post #1976 of 2247 Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Having scanned some of the posts here and reading the widescreen review article on the VIP, I have yet to read a good understanding of the technology behind this. If someone could point me to that I would be appreciative. Some questions
1) How is this really working? My guess is the box is converting a compressed video signal where normally frame information is the difference between one frame and the next and instead creating a complete frame of information, one right and one left as for this to work they must be complete information each frame so each eye gets a separate picture. Is that about it?
2) If that could be perfected, are all 2D set owners being swindled? With active glasses and really good processing 3D sets are not really needed?
3) Will this work with LCOS technology...I have an RS20.

Thanks
post #1977 of 2247 Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 79
1) it works great.

2) no one is being swindled. People buy what they want.

3) I use SXRD (Sony's name for LCOS) and it works as well as my 3d plasma set elsewhere in my home. However, be careful with JVC. They don't frame lock and so 3D VIP products don't work. Not sure about your specific model but read up on this potential show stopping problem.
post #1978 of 2247 Old 05-12-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1216 View Post

Having scanned some of the posts here and reading the widescreen review article on the VIP, I have yet to read a good understanding of the technology behind this. If someone could point me to that I would be appreciative. Some questions
1) How is this really working? My guess is the box is converting a compressed video signal where normally frame information is the difference between one frame and the next and instead creating a complete frame of information, one right and one left as for this to work they must be complete information each frame so each eye gets a separate picture. Is that about it?
2) If that could be perfected, are all 2D set owners being swindled? With active glasses and really good processing 3D sets are not really needed?
3) Will this work with LCOS technology...I have an RS20.

Thanks

It works exactly like any active shutter 3d display and decodes all the 3d formats. It can be set to output 120hz refresh or 60hz refresh. It also only outputs 720p because HDMI chips can't handle 1080p 120hz. Well at least older displays can't handle it. Future displays will have the ability to take in 120hz refresh at 1080p. They decided to offer 60hz refresh so older displays can use it. The downside is you get only 30fps per eye when set to 60hz and that means you see flicker when set to 60hz. Its best when used with a 3d ready 720p display at 120hz. I think a new future 3d theatre unit will support 1080p at several refresh rates.
post #1979 of 2247 Old 05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtVideo View Post

Did the new unit ever get released? I had heard it was expected back in March or April??? Never heard back from the sales guy. After thinking it over, I decided to go with the Acer H9500BD. It only ended up costing me about $600 more and it's a significant upgrade from my Sanyo Z2000 as far as the picture goes. The glasses are cheaper too (have 3 pair).

I'm happy with it except that it is "NOT" the most reliable projector on the market from what I can tell (My Sanyo was rock solid for years). Some people have had no problems, but a significant group have.

Anyway, I wanted to find out what PJs people were using with it and what V sync rates they were able to utilize (as well as how they like the unit). It's a really smart idea and I like the approach they took. I needed a bridge until a dual passive system made sense for me and decided on the Acer....great picture by the way if you like DLP. Even with a slight HDMI blurring, which is evidently being fixed, the picture is crisp and plenty bright. The 3D rocks...

Home Theater: Acer H9500BD 3D Projector, 120" Elite Screen, Sony BDP-S780 3D Blu-Ray Player, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround

Family Room: Mitsubishi 73" 3D DLP, Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-Ray Player, Harmon Kardon AVR 5.1, Polk Audio 5.1 Surround
post #1980 of 2247 Old 05-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Does anyone use this unit with an Optoma HD8600 or the latest iteration HD87??

I can not find any information on if they are 60Hz or 120Hz.

For some reason - Optoma's own 3D adaptor does not work with these
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page