3D Theatre - VIP Product Thread - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #2161 of 2252 Old 12-06-2013, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Royce:

I just got my Theater w/ RF emitter and 2 glasses, eaguer to start test. that will be around 10 pm tonight EST, for you will be 7 pm since I've read here you are in california.

The new transmiter comes with a manual?

I've read somewhere that new preconfiguration are present in the new transmitter.

I was wondering if there is a conf for Plasma HDTV so I get a start point for the fine tune.

The manual I've got does not had anything about new presets.

Thanks again, you are a beacon of light for us who are starting now...

:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2252 Old 12-06-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 69
"Manual" is perhaps an overstatement. There should be a user guide packaged with your glasses and emitter. And there is a setup guide for the Theatre on the VIP website. EStar America also has downloadable guides on their website. EStar's products are near-identical to VIP's, except that their glasses use their power switch as an on-off switch, while VIP uses it for quick polarity changes.
ludohavil likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #2163 of 2252 Old 12-06-2013, 11:54 PM

I noticed.

I just tested with "Live of Pi" 3d BD and flicker is noticeable but not killer.

I need to tweak a little.

then I put the DB player in 720p to test HSBS files and beautiful.

one thing I notice is the power supply usb cable for the glasses was not making good contact at first.

then I find out I need to press a little harder to notch and keep charging.

I thought I charged the glasses but seen some extrange behaviour, like connecting/disconecting

I was able to see 3d for a few seconds and then no 3d and then it came back.

still need to test more today at normal hours.

so far very pleased.

By the way, what I got was branded by 3D NOW, and the theater only have two DIP switches and the SBS/OU selection button.

Also came with a power supply. any ideas here?

I've got:

Theater => 3DN-200

Emitter => 3DN-100

Glasses => 3DN-6000

the boxes are named like the EStar ones:

the Starter Kit is 3DN-6100

the glasses alone is 3DN-6000

Good night,

Note: I just got the manual from 3DNOW and they are good at least for me.

post #2164 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 12:11 AM

One more thing...

How do I power the glasses off? appart from been like a minute pressing the power button.

The box reads that a pouch should came but I did not receive any pouch for the glasses. sould I contact some one for that or that is how it is?

post #2165 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 01:11 AM

I just found a problem :mad:

HSBS is not sync fine. It goes in and out of 3D and keeps mostly out.

I'll contact support. But this is definitive for me.

BD3D works fine though so the emitter and the glasses are working fine.

Looks like an issue with the theater, maybe I've got the bad one. Bad luck for me.

Also its not detecting SBS automatically. I've had to use the switch buttom always.

Update: I manage to play anything from PC using AMD HD3D format with Stereoscopic Player from 3DTv.at. The Theater autodetect that one fine like the BD3D. By the way, for me this is the best 3D player, there are any othe option with same spectrum of configuration?

post #2166 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludohavil View Post

One more thing...
How do I power the glasses off? appart from been like a minute pressing the power button.

The box reads that a pouch should came but I did not receive any pouch for the glasses. sould I contact some one for that or that is how it is?

The 3D Now/VIP glasses can't be powered off manually, unlike the EStar ones. They will automatically shutdown after 5 minutes of not receiving an emitter sync signal.

I didn't get a pouch for my 3D Now glasses, either.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2167 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just found a problem mad.gif

HSBS is not sync fine. It goes in and out of 3D and keeps mostly out.
I'll contact support. But this is definitive for me.
BD3D works fine though so the emitter and the glasses are working fine.
Looks like an issue with the theater, maybe I've got the bad one. Bad luck for me.
Also its not detecting SBS automatically. I've had to use the switch buttom always.

Update: I manage to play anything from PC using AMD HD3D format with Stereoscopic Player from 3DTv.at. The Theater autodetect that one fine like the BD3D. By the way, for me this is the best 3D player, there are any othe option with same spectrum of configuration?

SBS won't be autodetected by the Theatre, since it isn't an HDMI 1.4 3D format, but HDMI 1.3. You'll have to use the button on the Theatre to lock it onto an SBS signal.

You could try other resolutions/scanrates from your BDP, such as 1080p24, for your HSBS discs. The Theatre guide shows a number of supported input resolutions for SBS and TNB signals, so try as many as you can. You might get lucky.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2168 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 03:59 PM

thanks,

I thought it would be possible the Theater detected the SBS auto, but pressing the button is OK for me.

about the matter, the Theater is getting the SBS file fine, I can see in the screen both images merged,

I tested it playing in the BDplayer from DLNA source, and from the PC; same result both cases, but PC behave a little better.

the issue looks to be sending the sync signal to the emitter since the glasses start going in and out of 3D every few seconds.

I think is Theater related because it works fine with BD3D and HD3D.

post #2169 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thanks,
I thought it would be possible the Theater detected the SBS auto, but pressing the button is OK for me.

about the matter, the Theater is getting the SBS file fine, I can see in the screen both images merged,
I tested it playing in the BDplayer from DLNA source, and from the PC; same result both cases, but PC behave a little better.
the issue looks to be sending the sync signal to the emitter since the glasses start going in and out of 3D every few seconds.
I think is Theater related because it works fine with BD3D and HD3D.

I'm wondering if there was an issue with the authoring software used to create those HSBS discs not correctly encoding the signal. Usually, when there has been a problem with 3D sync wandering in and out, it's been due to the display not properly locking to the signal from the Theatre and occurs with all types of 3D content.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2170 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 05:24 PM

Just got word from Jonathan.

The 3DNow version of the Theater needs an update.

He will send it to me tomorrow.

I still does not undrestand why I received a 3DNow hardware since the picture (http://www.curtpalme.com/3DTheatre.shtm) in the site I bought it is the VIP3D one.

Today I'll see Man of Steel 3D!!!

post #2171 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

3D Now was originally going to be the distributor for VIP's products, but that partnership was dissolved for whatever reason. I would imagine that there are a number of brand-new-in-the-box VIP products on shelves that were silkscreened with the 3DNow logo. My Theatre+ also has it. It isn't a problem-it's VIP's gear under the logo, and that's what counts.smile.gif

BTW, Curt Palme's site has been selling these units since the early days. I'd imagine that when the 3DNow partnership went away, they went back to photos from the VIP-brand days even though what was shipping still had the 3DNow markings

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2172 of 2252 Old 12-07-2013, 08:02 PM

good to know, thanks

post #2173 of 2252 Old 12-09-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I have a question I'm thinking about getting the VIP 3D Theater for my Infocus IN116 it's a 3d ready projector, so since my PS3 is my bluray player, would the connection chain be like this?

PS3>3D Theater>AVR>projector? My concern is that run from the AVR to the projector it's going to be around 25 Ft or so.
post #2174 of 2252 Old 12-10-2013, 08:51 AM

If its of help to anyone:

Setup: 

- TV Samsung Plasma PN42C450

- Samsung BDE-6500

- PC with AMD HD3D support (HDMI out selected to 720p 60Hz)

- Theater 3D prossesor (3DNOW model, needs firmware for SBS sync)

- 3DNow RF starter kit + extra RF grasses.

Tested Theater autodetect:

- Play BD3D from BD player

- Play 3D from PC HD3D with PowerDVD 13 Ultra and Steroscopic Player 

- Play HSBS and Full SBS files from PC HD3D with PowerDVD 13 Ultra and Steroscopic Player 

Tested Theater place in SBS manually:

- Play HSBS files from PC with PowerDVD 13 Ultra and Steroscopic Player 

- Play HSBS files from DLNA server with BDPlayer

there is an issue with the FullSBS files, when played as SBS manual selection in Theater, the image is halved vertically,

this is a concecuence of the Theater waiting for HSBS.

I've made Jonathan aware of this one already, but this are only a few out there.

after following the recomendations in 3DNow web site for Plasma TVs...

and selected Plasma 60Hz mode in the RF emitter...

- no (zero) ghosting

- no (zero) crosstalk

did some fine tunning on the TV:

- with Ambience Light Sensor off => intensity goes to 8 (because og Game mode presection) => flicker is noticeable but not killer

- enabling Ambience Light sensor and modifiying minimun backlight selection:

- 3 => no flickering at all

- 4-5 => very little flickering

the only issue is with really dark scenes.

I tested some different movies and the result was very possitive.

With HP7 movie, the scene when Snape arrives flying to Malfoy's Manor and goes throught (literally) the iron gates, witch is really dark, you can barely see the linnings in Sanape's clothes and the bars of the gate; but this looks the same in the theater so, in my opinion this looks pretty well as a cinema.

Other thing to remark is the galsses do not downgrade to much bright, for me its like the polirized glasses of the Real3D, witch for me it really good.

My future step its to move to a 720p 3DReady LED proyector like Optoma 1000P.

I would like to hear opinions about this projector and if 1000 lumens will be enought for a normal room with around 15 ft viewing distance.

post #2175 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruB4 View Post

I have a question I'm thinking about getting the VIP 3D Theater for my Infocus IN116 it's a 3d ready projector, so since my PS3 is my bluray player, would the connection chain be like this?

PS3>3D Theater>AVR>projector? My concern is that run from the AVR to the projector it's going to be around 25 Ft or so.
Anyone?
post #2176 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
HI I have several questions for VIP Theatre PLUS owners:

1. I know people have already said they see zero crosstalk, but i haven't seen anyone with an LED LCD tv say that (sorry don't have time to read whole thread) and the only reason I am even considering this system is simply because I can't stand the bad crosstalk on my 3D TV and am looking for a way to eliminate it (I am using a 40" Samsung LED HDTV as my PC gaming monitor)... So for LED LCD tv owners - Is there any crosstalk at all with this system?

2. Does the VIP Theater PLUS really output a true 1080 HD signal? The past few years many manufacturer's have advertised some of their active shutter TV's as "1080p" in 3D, but they were not truly 1080, it was upscaled and looked like crap, like what passive 1080p 3D looks like. For example my 2012 active shutter Sammy TV is not true 1080p in 3D, but my 2013 Samsung TV is - it does true, detailed, crisp 1080 lines of horz resolution in 3D, and the difference is night and day (even with the bad crosstalk). So does the VIP Theater PLUS also do a true 1080 HD resolution?

3. Can anyone confirm if it will it work with Nvidia’s 3D TV Play? I don’t see why it wouldn’t, but I’m just curious if any of you have used it successfully with 3D TV Play - it would make me feel a little better about the purchase if I knew for sure it would work.

4. Less important but still curious: Per my previous experimentation trying to find a solution to the crosstalk on my TV, I have several universal RF active shutter glasses - is it possible they might work with the VIP 3D Theater Plus system?

Thank you guys for any answers you might have for me. smile.gif

Quit readin my signature ya stupid signature reader.
post #2177 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 05:41 PM

Madaeel, below90Hz:

as you can see from my post previous to yours, I use it with a 60Hz standard plasma Tv with no ghosting,

I have the Theater (not +) so I'm limited to 720p output but I haven't notice any difference.

I watch the Tv from like 10-11 ft and is a 42" tv.

There is something you will need to know, I did find some ghosting yesterday watching Abrahan Lincoln: Vampire Hunter witch is a Converted 3D movie, not Native 3d (filmed in 3d); and was from an encoded file, so the ghosting could be a result of encoding too.

I've watched so far mostly HSBS files:

- Man of Steel

- Expendables 2

- Despicable Me 2

- Doctor Who: Day of the Doctor

- Pacific Rim

- World War Z

- Wolverine

BD3D:

- Live of Pi

The only ghosting noticiable was in AL:VH in the scene when the monument is seen with the sky behind.

for a 40" you can go for the theater, you will not notice the difference unless you play inside the TV.

there are document on internet that explain the ratio between viewing distance / quality (ppp) tha the human eye can actually realize.

I have experience with this.

Hope it help you decide.

Happy 3D!!!

post #2178 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 05:47 PM

SubaruB4:

What I recomend you is to check if the AVC you have will process the HDMI signal.

If the AVC reprocess the signal or amplify it you are good to go, the distance count will start again at the AVC out.

I have not tested with HDMI with AVC, but the splitter I have do affect the HDMI signal, but the switch do not.

so fo a little goggling, and luck...

post #2179 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:

Madaeel,

as you can see from my post previous to yours, I use it with a 60Hz standard plasma Tv with no ghosting,
I have the Theater (not +) so I'm limited to 720p output but I haven't notice any difference.

for a 40" you can go for the theater, you will not notice the difference unless you play inside the TV.
there are document on internet that explain the ratio between viewing distance / quality (ppp) tha the human eye can actually realize.

thx ludohavil, I did read your post, but i still needed to ask the questions because a) plasma is quite different from LED LCD when it comes to crosstalk, and b) i sit about 30 inches from my 40" tv so at that distance there is a noticeably huge difference in sharpness between 720 and 1080 lines of resolution. I definitely need to know if Theater + is true 1080p or not.

also I accidentally logged in as my brother, madaeel, sorry about that. I deleted that post and reasked the question as myself. redface.gif

post #2180 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, the Theatre + is true 1080p (60 Hz). smile.gif

LCD sets, whether LED or CCFL, are a mixed bag for the Theatre and +. Part of it likely stems from how LCD sets work, with the twisting and untwisting of the liquid crystals to create the pixel structure. The faux "120 Hz" and "240 Hz" sets with their frame interpolation algorithms also seem to induce issues with unstable 3D presentation (no crosstalk to crosstalk with eye reversal and back to no crosstalk in just minutes).

The Theatre units are designed to work with consumer electronics equipment (CE) such as disc players and set top boxes. If the Nvidia 3D setup outputs a CE-standard 3D signal, it'll probably work. See the list of supported 3D input resolutions and signal types in the user guides on VIP's website.

Your universal RF glasses should work, if they have their own dedicated emitters that can plug into a VESA-standard 3D sync port like that on the Theatre and + .

Recommend you contact Jonathan at 3D-VIP with your questions. He's a straight-up guy and won't snow you.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2181 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post

Yes, the Theatre + is true 1080p (60 Hz). smile.gif

Recommend you contact Jonathan at 3D-VIP with your questions. He's a straight-up guy and won't snow you.

Thanks Rolls for the answers, I also sent email to Jonathan per your advice, we'll see what he says.

post #2182 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 08:21 PM

Men, listen to Royce, he has helped me with most my issues so far.

One thing you should take into consideration is most universal RF/IR glasses are 120Hz only.

You will need the 3D VIP / Optoma 2100 / Estar glasses. So far the BitCauldron base galss4es are the only one with 60/50Hz support.

Even if your LCD/LED hdtv saids 120/240 Hz is like Royce said, this is internal interpollation of the TV, the input is still 60Hz.

If you have an option to just disable the interpollation you can avoid the issues Royce told you about if not...

I'd read a lot about it before buying mine and I did it after seen that with plasma there was agood chance of qorking almost perfect and it did.

In another hand, the new emiter that VIP3D and 3dNOW started kits have has preefined setups that can help jump start the fine tunning,

there is one for Plasma and another different for LCD/LED.

check this link: http://www.3dnow.com/support_downloads.html

I'd followed the Plasma guide and the results were amazing. Also the BC RF emiter/glasses combination help a lot for what I've read.

I did read all this thread 73 pages when I bought mine. And asked a few question to Royce just to be sure.

Also did some research of the RF technology used by the glasses, and of any related technology to be able to fine tunning, but did not needed it after

followed the guide. Just as you can read in my little review, did play a little with the backlight intensiti till I found a suitable set of parameters.

I do recognize that the 600Hz subfield refresh rate of the Plasma did help. Also Samsung (= top quality) have something to do with the result.

Hope you can figure it out, it's a very good piece of equipment.

post #2183 of 2252 Old 12-23-2013, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Men, listen to Royce, he has helped me with most my issues so far.
One thing you should take into consideration is most universal RF/IR glasses are 120Hz only.
You will need the 3D VIP / Optoma 2100 / Estar glasses. So far the BitCauldron base galss4es are the only one with 60/50Hz support.
Even if your LCD/LED hdtv saids 120/240 Hz is like Royce said, this is internal interpollation of the TV, the input is still 60Hz.
If you have an option to just disable the interpollation you can avoid the issues Royce told you about if not...

Hope you can figure it out, it's a very good piece of equipment.

Thanks for the props, ludohavil. BTW, I'd forgotten about the 120 Hz requirement on the other types of active glasses! eek.gif

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2184 of 2252 Old 12-25-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

SubaruB4:

What I recomend you is to check if the AVC you have will process the HDMI signal.
If the AVC reprocess the signal or amplify it you are good to go, the distance count will start again at the AVC out.

I have not tested with HDMI with AVC, but the splitter I have do affect the HDMI signal, but the switch do not.
so fo a little goggling, and luck...

Thank you my AVR is the Denon AVR-1612
post #2185 of 2252 Old 12-25-2013, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anyone?

Even if your AVR isn't 3D capable, if you put the Theatre before the AVR, it'll still work. That's because the Theatre's signal is frame-sequential and HDMI 1.3. Any 1.3 receiver can pass it.. If you're worried about cable length, Monoprice sells Redmere cables which contain a signal booster that is handy for longer cable runs. Note that it must be the "Redmere" cables. Their garden-variety HDMI cables don't have the booster.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2186 of 2252 Old 12-27-2013, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Even if your AVR isn't 3D capable, if you put the Theatre before the AVR, it'll still work. That's because the Theatre's signal is frame-sequential and HDMI 1.3. Any 1.3 receiver can pass it.. If you're worried about cable length, Monoprice sells Redmere cables which contain a signal booster that is handy for longer cable runs. Note that it must be the "Redmere" cables. Their garden-variety HDMI cables don't have the booster.
My AVR is 3D capable which is the reason I got this model.. but being as it's a 3D capable model I can put the theater after? btw $199 seem the going rate for it?
post #2187 of 2252 Old 12-27-2013, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My AVR is 3D capable which is the reason I got this model.. but being as it's a 3D capable model I can put the theater after? btw $199 seem the going rate for it?

If your AVR is 3D capable, then you are golden. Put the Theatre before or after. The only difference is that the Theatre cannot pass DTS-MA 7.1. IIRC, it converts DTS-MA 7.1 to DTS or DD 5.1. So you will get the full 7.1 channel DTS-MA only with the Theatre after the AVR.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2188 of 2252 Old 12-27-2013, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Great.. now where is everyone ordering them from? I've really only seen one seller.

Edit..

And one more thing my projector says it supports up to 120Hz so in that case what would I set the VIP to?
post #2189 of 2252 Old 12-28-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Great.. now where is everyone ordering them from? I've really only seen one seller.

Edit..

And one more thing my projector says it supports up to 120Hz so in that case what would I set the VIP to?

Curtpalme.com/Consignia or direct from the VIP website.

The Theatre and Plus have a switch for 120 or 60 Hz. Try the 120. If it doesn't work, switch to 60 Hz.

EDIT: I just went to the InFocus website, and it looks like the 120Hz only applies for PC 3D input. I'll bet you're going to be limited to 60Hz over HDMI.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #2190 of 2252 Old 12-28-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Curtpalme.com/Consignia or direct from the VIP website.

The Theatre and Plus have a switch for 120 or 60 Hz. Try the 120. If it doesn't work, switch to 60 Hz.

EDIT: I just went to the InFocus website, and it looks like the 120Hz only applies for PC 3D input. I'll bet you're going to be limited to 60Hz over HDMI.
I'm not too sure, I think it should support 120 Hz it's just the way they worded it.. I mean others in the same price bracket can do 60/120Hz

I wish they had a U.S. seller of this.. mail from Canada is not all that speedy.

I hope it works.. I just ordered.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page