3D Theatre - VIP Product Thread - Page 76 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #2251 of 2255 Old 12-08-2014, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Be aware that some LCDs have been known to display unstable 3D pictures ...
Greetings Rolls-Royce,

Can the unstability you mentioned be reduced/eliminated by canceling the LCD display internal frame doubling (120Hz-->60Hz) ?

I recently bought a bunch of RF glasses from 3D-VIP (Consignia) for my new Optoma HD25e 3D projector, and I am very tempted to purchase a 3D Theater+ for the living room LCD (an older Sammy LN52B610 with internal frame doubling to 120Hz).

Cheers,

'nose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2255 Old 12-08-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyRedNose View Post
Greetings Rolls-Royce,

Can the unstability you mentioned be reduced/eliminated by canceling the LCD display internal frame doubling (120Hz-->60Hz) ?

I recently bought a bunch of RF glasses from 3D-VIP (Consignia) for my new Optoma HD25e 3D projector, and I am very tempted to purchase a 3D Theater+ for the living room LCD (an older Sammy LN52B610 with internal frame doubling to 120Hz).

Cheers,

'nose
I tried that with our bedroom Sony LCD, and still had the instability. I believe the TV is still modifying the picture's sync once the data stream enters its circuitry in order to manipulate it and add the interpolated frames for the "120 Hz" and "motion smoothing" operations, even with those functions off. Since the VIP and all other such components produce the 3D glasses sync before the TV gets the signal, there can be some divergence between the glasses and display. If your set actually fully turns off the internal processing, you probably wouldn't have the issue.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #2253 of 2255 Unread Yesterday, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys I just purchased the vip plus and hoping it will work with my projector. This is what I have. http://www.projectorcentral.com/Anthem-LTX_300.htm
post #2254 of 2255 Unread Today, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 72
It should, but there aren't any guarantees. Your PJ is an LCOS model, and earlier in this thread there was a poster with a JVC RS-1-also LCOS-who never could get his to work satisfactorily with the VIP equipment. If the core of your PJ is the same as his, you may have the same issues.

I think your choice of glasses is going to be important. The VIP/Optoma/EStar RF glasses and emitters can be adjusted on-the-fly to reduce ghosting. Contact VIP directly for hints and tips about setting things up with your PJ.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; Today at 09:26 AM.
post #2255 of 2255 Unread Today, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the feedback rolls. I am excited and crossing my fingers. These are glasses from eBay I purchased. The seller told me this was my best bet. http://m.ebay.com/itm/161109141610

I don't know too much about these stuff so I hope everything will be as simple as it looks when I hook everything up. I'll give a follow-up. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page