Mitsu Sync Interconnect Cable - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-27-2011, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tried searching, with no luck. Does anyone know if the Sync Interconnect Cable included in either the 3DA-1 or 3DC-1000 a proprietary cable, or can something generic be substituted? I'm looking to pick up a used adapter to give 3D a try, but it doesn't include the cable.

Thanks for any help you all can throw my way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdfireguy View Post

Tried searching, with no luck. Does anyone know if the Sync Interconnect Cable included in either the 3DA-1 or 3DC-1000 a proprietary cable, or can something generic be substituted? I'm looking to pick up a used adapter to give 3D a try, but it doesn't include the cable.

Thanks for any help you all can throw my way.

it's a standard mini-DIN connector.

http://www.kvconnection.com/product-...in3-mm-18i.htm

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #3 of 6 Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

You don't need the cable for that anyways, just plug the emitter into the TV. I don't know why they pass the emitter connection through the convert box other than for peace of mind for people who feel like everything should be connected to everything else .... ??
post #4 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 12:32 PM

I too am in a position to get a 3da-1 adapter with no other accessories. I can pick up a power supply, but I wonder if the sync interconnect cable is needed when using DLP-link instead of IR. In other words, can anyone confirm that DLP link will work without the sync interconnect cable? Thanks.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I have a 3DA-1 and all it has is a power cord and an HDMI going in and an HMDI going out to my DLP set.
DLP Link works fine, and there is no need for any sync interconnect cable (whatever that is).
post #6 of 6 Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
The adapter has a feature that will allow the adapter to know if you have turned on the 3D mode in your TV when it starts sending a checkerboard 3D signal to your TV. The adapter cannot turn the mode on or off in the TV but if you use the cable and do not turn on the mode, the adapter can tell there is no signal going to the IR emitter and then display the message "Turn on the 3D mode in the TV". It is simply a courtesy to help people avoid or troubleshoot when things don't seem to work. Again the adapter cannot turn on the 3D in the TV, you have to do that manually, but it can warn when the mode has not been turned on.

It is not required to use the cable, and if no cable is connected, the adapter simply ignores this feature and assumes you can troubleshoot the issues without help.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page