A call to all JVC users wishing to use the VIP 3D Theatre device - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 189 Old 07-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardvark View Post

mkoss,have you tried to go in RGBHV with the fury? I have a HD1 and a NEC XG that I use a hdfury1 with and would be interested in seeing if this would work.My fury one doesn't have the option to go component just VGA/RGBHV

Yes I believe I did both to try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 189 Old 07-16-2011, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Did it work alright in RGBHV?
post #183 of 189 Old 07-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardvark View Post

Did it work alright in RGBHV?

yes
post #184 of 189 Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoss View Post

There may be a solution to the frame lock issue by a work around with an item called HDFury 2 by going in via component. I was a ble to solve my HD7100 3D issue by using this between my Displayer and the PJ. It's a HDMI to component/RGB converter. No loss of sync throughout the movie.

Hi mkoss,

I happened to come across an HDFury2 and tried it on my RS1. I couldn't get the projector to sync to the 60Hz, 720p frame sequencial 3D output of the VIP Theater. Thing is I couldn't get 1080p/60 to pass through it either.(update: RS1 not spec'd to work with 1080p on the component inputs.) 1080i and 720p 2D images were fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron
post #185 of 189 Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM

I reread this thread a few times and didn't see that anyone had actually tried the VIP (current rev, RF glasses) with an RS2. I now have, and... it doesn't work. Well, it works when it works, but it does indeed get out of sync. I'm using setting 2-2, and it looks damn fine for a while before it stops working. You can make it past the opening credits in FD5, for example, or almost to the ones in Bait.

I'm going to experiment with the VIP some more and try it on some other devices, but it's almost certainly headed back to Florida. It's a shame, because you can see what it wants to do.
post #186 of 189 Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 PM

Has anyone tried or know if the HD350/RS10 line work with the VIP products? Couldn't find a definitive answer..
post #187 of 189 Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo2000 View Post

Has anyone tried or know if the HD350/RS10 line work with the VIP products? Couldn't find a definitive answer..

The odds are good that you will experience 3D "frame lock" issues with that series of projectors. JVC does not support an upgrade to correct it. No, unless someone can demonstrate otherwise. You could ask Jonathan about a 30 day trial but you would likely be responsible for round trip shipping, not necessarily high since it is a small unit. It could be problematic returning used RF glasses.

Jonathan returned to China at the moment and will not return until after March 13th from the last correspondence I have received.
post #188 of 189 Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM

Thanks for that, appreciate it.
post #189 of 189 Old 01-22-2014, 08:07 AM
chs

Hi,

I had luck finding a reseller who gave me a VIP 3D Theatre for testing and I want to let you know that it is running without any problems with my JVC DLA HD350 ! (afaik it's the RS10 in US)
It took me a few hours to find the right setup, but its looking great for the money now!
You have to use the Manual Mode (see Video 11 under Support on the 3D Now Website)
It's hard to find the best compromise between "To dark" and "To much flicker in bright scenes"
The best setup I could get is with 2 Pink lights and 2.5 Red lights on the RF transmitter. Now I have a little bit of flickering in bright scenes, but no ghosting or any other distortions. (Don't forget to frequently change the polarization of the glasses while searching for the right setup, it changes sometimes!)
You loose a lot of light and my Lamp is 900 hours old, so I took the Dynamic Preset, Iris 3, High Power Lamp Mode, set the Gamma Curve to 2.0, raised the contrast 25 Points and then changed the Colour Temperature so that I think the colours are ok.
Reaching a D65 Calibration in 3D is impossible for sure, but it is really viewable.
It is good enough to wait for Beamers that can produce more then 150 Lumens in 3D :-)

I've tested with MIB3, Nemo, The Hobbit and Iron Man. The scene in MIB3 where Will Smith jumps from the roof is GREAT! :-)
Need more 3D Movies now! :-)

Christoph
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page