Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 349 Old 08-28-2012, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
Sorry if I`m repeating any questions but if the converter is used on a passive 3DTV does 2D content get converted into a side by side image and can that side by side image then be viewed in true 3D via passive glasses?
If not side by side but by some other method is the resulting 3D image the same as true 3D that comes with dedicated 3D games/movies or is it just pseudo and not very good 3D which my LG passive TV already does?
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply
post #333 of 349 Old 11-03-2012, 06:26 PM

Most of the comments here deal with converting 2d to 3, but can anyone comment on the quality of watching modern 3d (I'm not familiar with the various difference in technology, old red/blue vs. new) blu-ray movies on a 2d plasma with this box? Or point me in the right direction for a solution? I've got a 60 inch Kuro and am not interested in replacing it just to watch 3d...but if there's a reasonable and watchable solution I would be interested.
post #334 of 349 Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 PM
duh

I have a 3D projector (Optoma GT750). I want to get something that will convert live 2D TV to 3D (mainly for football) and use my RF 3D Glasses.

Does anyone know if something like the Monoprice 3D Converter will work with my projector?

Thanks!
post #335 of 349 Old 12-14-2012, 12:51 PM

Liked: 11
yes I think it should since your projector has an emitter port on the projector you can set the monoprice 3d unit to convert 2d to 3d SBS (side by side 3d) format to your projector and your projector just process the sbs into 3d and sync the 3d to the rf glasses.
post #336 of 349 Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 PM

Hi. Yesterday I got the Monoprice and tried for first time and am lost. I have the Acer 5360. I have Pioneer 1020 receiver

(1) My first problem is with laptop to projector via receiver. Normally I connect my hard drive to my laptop via USB, then connect my laptop to receiver via HDMI and then receiver to TV via HDMI. This works very well and I have no problem. However when I link the output of my receiver to my projector via HDMI instead of TV, my laptop is unable to display image and every 5 seconds my laptop screen flickers guess trying to output to projector. What is happening here and what wrong am I doing here?

(2) Because I have my 3d HSBS files on my hard drive, I tried hard drive to laptop, laptop to monoprice, monoprice to receiver and then receiver to projector. In this case unlike (1) above, my laptop is atleast able to output to projector. But I still see side by side 2 images on projector and it flickers every half a second. I choose the second option on monoprice - 3d to DLP projector. What wrong am I doing here and how do I get proper 3d on my projector? So I need to plug my DLP glasses to get 3d?

(3) I also tried laptop to monoprice to projector bypassing the receiver and it too had the same result as (2) above.

my laptop is first gen i5 gateway nv59 with intel hd graphics and it does not have 120hz output. I thought using the monoprice would help me bypass since projector needs 120hz and monoprice outputs to 120 hz.

Please help me out as today is a holiday and I want to watch a 3d movie with my kids!!!

Thanks in advance for your help
post #337 of 349 Old 01-14-2013, 05:49 PM

Reply please? been 24 hours
post #338 of 349 Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 AM

still no reply? 4 days already
post #339 of 349 Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 PM

I have the Monoprice 3D creator, the new Panasonic DMP-BDT01 3D blu-ray player, and an Acer K330 (PC) 3D ready projector.

The Panasonic can be set to output an SBS signal which can be read by the Monoprice device. I have tried playing 3D blu-ray movies, and MKV 3D movie files to no avail. While the red/cyan glasses or anaglyph 3D does work, 3D DLP option in my Acer projector fails to start and thus probably doesn't recognize the signal from the monoprice 3D creator as 3D.

So the DLP 3D option remains DISABLED in the projector. The output signal from the Monoprice 3D creator is 50 to 60Hz and, from what I've read, the Acer's 3D DLP option may only be activated if you have 120Hz coming into the machine.
post #340 of 349 Old 02-03-2013, 01:39 PM

Sorry, I meanT "BBT01" not "BDT01".
post #341 of 349 Old 02-03-2013, 02:12 PM

Sorry, I may have remembered things incorrectly here: the panasonic will not even play the 3D blu-ray disc (John Carter) since it does not recognize the connected device (3D creator) as compatible. My panasonic can play 3D movie files though but only analgyph works with my k330 projector. Personally, I may just skip on 3D altogether now as I simply can't be bothered with all the hassle, considering the return for an authentic 3D movie experience isn't really altogether important to me. I probably would just rather watch 3D at the theatres than bother with it at home with all the hassle.
post #342 of 349 Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

I have been having great luck with the 3D video wizard and this is the best bet for non-3D projectors. I use the blue yellow glasses and its so much better than cyan red. when I plugged it into my ps3, the ps3 saw it as a 3D compatible display immediately and asked if I wanted to changed the settings to enable 3D. Works great. You can also manually enable SBS 3D on the video wizard if you have that content and it works, tho not as well. I have not messed with that much. The image was too dark to be enjoyable. I watched Avatar on 3D blueray this past weekend and kept being blown away by how good it did look for what it is. Amazing device.

Shahram

Are you capable of independent thought, or do you need the government and mass media to do that for you?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Shahraminator
post #343 of 349 Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestcarl View Post

I have the Monoprice 3D creator, the new Panasonic DMP-BDT01 3D blu-ray player, and an Acer K330 (PC) 3D ready projector.

The Panasonic can be set to output an SBS signal which can be read by the Monoprice device. I have tried playing 3D blu-ray movies, and MKV 3D movie files to no avail. While the red/cyan glasses or anaglyph 3D does work, 3D DLP option in my Acer projector fails to start and thus probably doesn't recognize the signal from the monoprice 3D creator as 3D.

So the DLP 3D option remains DISABLED in the projector. The output signal from the Monoprice 3D creator is 50 to 60Hz and, from what I've read, the Acer's 3D DLP option may only be activated if you have 120Hz coming into the machine.

Your projector requires frame sequential 120hz 3D since it does not have 3D processing software built in. To show bluray 3D, SBS or TOP/Bottom, you need a 3D processor in additional to a 3D capable TV. Some projection TVs have 3D processors built in (ie. Optoma HD33), but they are around the $1000 range. You would need a 3DXL or equivalent to process the signal and output 120hz frame sequential to the projector. Most people use your type of projectors with a PC with software and graphic card that can generate the proper signal.
post #344 of 349 Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM

Yes, that indeed is the case. Unfortunately, the monoprice description/spec page does not make this clear. In fact, if you read the manual, the setup that I had 3D Blu-ray player > 3D creator > 3D ready projector was supposedly supported without other clarifications or exceptions stated. Moreover, because most of these new low-cost, low-powered, long-life LED projectors people get now have an extremely low lumens rating, image brightness with the glasses on inevitably deteriorates the said quality of the film. Watching 3D will be by far less enjoyable with such projectors in contrast to a highly adjustable 3D monitor display.
post #345 of 349 Old 02-07-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Can a 2D LCD display with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher display 3D content with the 3d creator and appropriate glasses? Or does the display have to be 3D "ready"?

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence, than it does knowledge. Charles Darwin
post #346 of 349 Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul GS View Post

Can a 2D LCD display with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher display 3D content with the 3d creator and appropriate glasses? Or does the display have to be 3D "ready"?

The Creator will not send 3D to a non-3D display unless you use the red/cyan anaglyph mode. BTW, most "240 Hz" TVs really aren't. They take a max 60 Hz input and use frame interpolation to insert extra frames into the video stream for a virtual (not actual) 240 Hz framerate, making motion appear smoother. Not saying that your display isn't, mind you, just that the odds are against it.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #347 of 349 Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 AM

hey guys I got 2d-3d convertors confusion!
I have some questions for you

Is the 2011 Kanexpro Cubeup 4x1, or the Monoprice 2d-3d convertor as good or better than the newer 2013 VEFXi 3d bee diamond unit?

Seems like the 3d bee diamond gets a bad rap for NOT having good POP out 3d effects... BUT people say the Monoprice gives great POP on 3d effects... Seems like the 2011 KanexPro CubeUp might be better than the 3D Bee Diamond. The Kanex Pro CubeUp supports more 3d formats too... Frampacking, Top Bottom, And Line Interleaved I think. Any opinions? Thoughts? Thanks
post #348 of 349 Old 08-01-2013, 01:37 PM

My unit won't play anything anymore. All of the lights on the front flash on and off constantly and no signal is being sent to the television. Any ideas?
post #349 of 349 Old 11-27-2013, 09:16 AM

Hi, I know that this question is very old, but now I am trying to do 3d in my optoma hd66 with the monoprice 3d creator. The 3d option appears gray, and no way to turn it on. How did you do that? thanks

Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page