3D Problems - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 06-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
DirecTVs 3D channels are auto detected on every set I've tested; models from Sony, Panasonic, LG, Samsung an Toshiba. I guess cable boxes can't do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 06-19-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post

DirecTVs 3D channels are auto detected on every set I've tested; models from Sony, Panasonic, LG, Samsung an Toshiba. I guess cable boxes can't do this?

DirecTV's boxes are hdmi1.4 so, just like blu-ray players, they can send format info to the display.

Others (like my TWC) have older hardware, so any signal coming from them is seen as 2d unless "forced" by the display.
post #33 of 42 Old 06-21-2011, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
You just have to select manually 3D picture format as SBS on your TV's setup.

Chronical Tester
post #34 of 42 Old 06-26-2011, 08:32 AM

I am new to this forum but I can see there are several others out there with similar 3D problems
This past week I purchased a new Samsung 60 inch HD3D set UN60D8000YFXZA and swapped in my comcast box for a new Motorola DCX 3400M
The TV comes with rechargable 3D glasses. The Samsung player comes with 2 pair battery operated glasses and a 3D movie

(1) With the Samsung blueray player, supplied Shrek movie, and battery operated glasses I can see excellent 3D I cannot seem to make Samsung rechargable glasses work
(2) I am unable to see any 3D with the comcast either with 3D channel or On Demand movies. The 3D channel puts out side by side images, the On Demand movie puts out top/bottom or over/under images. With either glasses no 3D TV. The Samsung has a 3D button on remote, I have clicked theat each way -no 3D from comcast. I have tried the menu function and the emanual on the TV I get to the 3Dsection but the icon for either side by side images or over/under images are grayed out.
(3) I called both Comcast service and the TV store, each assures me that their equipment is working fine and claims its the other's problem.
I am not sure where to head next except perhaps bring both pieces of equipment back to the individual stores. back to the store.

Anybody else have these issues?
If so can you pass on any tips?

Herb3d
post #35 of 42 Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I don't have comcast and have the c8000 not the d8000. If the 3d works with the battery operated glasses I would suspect the rechargeable glasses as the culprit providing they did accept the initial charge. I would go back to store or a store and see if the glasses work on their display model.

Are you connecting the comcast box directly to the tv or through a receiver? Instead of using the 3d button on the remote, tune the cable box to 3d content. Then use the menu button on the remote to access the "3d" option under "picture/mode" settings. Set 3d to On and see if it allows you to select SBS.

post #36 of 42 Old 06-26-2011, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
In addition to bypassing any receiver or other equipment, make sure you are using the hdmi connection for your cable box.

Also, I remember reading something about having to define the hdmi input as "PC" on some older Samsungs in order for 3d to work? Don't know if it applies to your model or not...
post #37 of 42 Old 06-27-2011, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

I had a similar problem with Comcast.After many many phone calls and help from the forum it turned out to be my cable box.After exchanging my 8300HD box for an RNG200, my problem went away.
post #38 of 42 Old 12-10-2011, 09:33 PM

my model is sony 46' hx925 .....it has been 1 month i bought my tv...still now i can't find left/right swap option...please someone help me.....
post #39 of 42 Old 03-24-2012, 08:41 PM

Hello I am new to this forum. I just purchesed a Vizio led 3d smart TV and am having problems with viewing 3d. I have a 3d hdmi cable. I have suddenlink as my cable provider. I have a sony 3d home theater surround system. I tried to play a 3d movie in my blu ray and you can see double images. I tried all three 3d settings, SBS, TB and 3d Sensio. Thought it might be the blu ray so I purchases a 3d movie to rent through suddenlink and still see double people, double words at the beginning. Any ideas how to fix this?
post #40 of 42 Old 03-24-2012, 10:33 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy W View Post

Hello I am new to this forum. I just purchesed a Vizio led 3d smart TV and am having problems with viewing 3d. I have a 3d hdmi cable. I have suddenlink as my cable provider. I have a sony 3d home theater surround system. I tried to play a 3d movie in my blu ray and you can see double images. I tried all three 3d settings, SBS, TB and 3d Sensio. Thought it might be the blu ray so I purchases a 3d movie to rent through suddenlink and still see double people, double words at the beginning. Any ideas how to fix this?

dont' take this the wrong way, and i'm only mentioning it because you didn't include any info about it, but are you wearing the 3d glasses? are the glasses the battery type you need to turn on? if you are seeing a "double image" then it means the 3d is actually working properly from a tv standpoint, and the glasses do the work to make it see how you want it to be seen.
post #41 of 42 Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 AM

Just had Time Warner out to the house since I just received my Panny VT25 3D TV and I could not receive 3D movies from Time Warner On Demand. Well I had the Scientific d8300 HD box and the repairman said, well this is a easy fix. That box does not support 3D from Time Warner. HE then replaced it with a Cisco 8640. Works great.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/faqs/faqs-tv/3dtv/will-all-hd-set-top-boxes-be-a.html
post #42 of 42 Old 06-25-2013, 03:15 PM

I'm having a problem as well.

I am running a 3d mkv file from my pc, through my 3d supporting receiver (onkyo tx-nr609) and all I see is two side-by-side videos.
I am using an vga cable into the receiver and an hdmi cable to the projector. I am running the file with the divx plus player.
I have used 3d on my projector before, I know the hdmi 3d works. I have the acer H5370bd projector.

I have manually selected side-by-side half and full on my projector's 3d settings but nothing changes. I still see the same thing.

Any help is appreciated.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page