Panasonic 3D Glasses - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 74 Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sweet, thanks for the update. I paid $60 each for mine but might grab 1 more from Paul's tv. That will bring me to 4 pairs, counting the one that shipped with the TV. That will probably be all i need for when we have a couple of friends over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 02-17-2012, 04:39 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Paul's tv's have a ton in stock. 79.99

??? Just looked and not a Panasonic listed.

Cb
post #63 of 74 Old 02-18-2012, 04:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Wierd since i just bought 2 and the rep said they have a bunch in stock and all sizes

Panasonic 65VT30 | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XSP-1 | Emotiva DC-1 | PSB imagine B's |PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp
my HT gallery: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?u=240707

post #64 of 74 Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 PM

Just ordered a P65VT30 and I'm trying to find some glasses for them. Called my local Paul's TV and they had 2 TY-EW3D3LU's in stock (no other sizes available). These are the large size, however, and I'm not sure if they'll be too big. I don't care if I have to use a rubber band to keep it from falling but my main concern is if the lenses are going to be too far apart. Anyone have any experience with the large sized glasses and could shed some light on this please?

Also, anyone have any experience between 3rd party 3D glasses? Seems like SainSonic and Xpand are getting 4/5 on reviews. Sony PS3 3D glasses apparently work but not sure how well. Saw some brand called "Blick" as well but also saw a few people say they work good for the first 1 or 2 weeks and then go bad. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

EDIT: So I just got the TY-EW3D3LUs and found no problems with it, even though they're the larger size. Viewing area and fit were fine. I plan to get the PS3 3D glasses when the TV comes, though the TV is a whole 'nuva story.....
post #65 of 74 Old 02-22-2012, 07:35 PM

For what it's worth I tried the Blick glasses as they were all I could find around Christmas and I did not like them one bit. They were built good and fit good but I experienced excessive ghosting and crosstalk. I've since returned them and gotten some of the 3rd Gen Panasonics and they're worlds better. Blick does have good customer service though and a good no questions asked return policy.
post #66 of 74 Old 02-29-2012, 01:07 PM

Just received my new pair of Panasonic 3rd generation glasses. These are so much better than my previous 1st generation glasses. Medium size fits me fine even over my prescription glasses. I was expecting them to be backordered til April, but received them within 2 weeks. Much lighter and smaller in size than previous model. Actual lens is smaller but does not hinder the performance. 5 star...http://www.shopblt.com/ Check them out...Lowest price.
post #67 of 74 Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxpSGR View Post

Just received my new pair of Panasonic 3rd generation glasses. These are so much better than my previous 1st generation glasses. Medium size fits me fine even over my prescription glasses. I was expecting them to be backordered til April, but received them withing 2 weeks. Much lighter and smaller in size than previous model. Actual lens is smaller but does not hinder the performance. 5 star...http://www.shopblt.com/ Check them out...Lowest price.

I just ordered three sets, lets see how quickly they arrive.
post #68 of 74 Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffinator View Post

I just ordered three sets, lets see how quickly they arrive.

Good luck, its says they have a negative quantity in stock and the upcoming order isn't even enough to fill that.
post #69 of 74 Old 03-01-2012, 01:30 PM

I have the small and medium glasses (panny 3rd gen).

The only difference between the 2 are the arms. The small are just curved in abit smaller...which is dissappointing to me. There is no other difference to the medium. They fit a little better on my 4yr olds head, but just marginally.

I can actually wear the small ones no problem - i cant imagine how huge the large must be.
post #70 of 74 Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acturbo View Post

Good luck, its says they have a negative quantity in stock and the upcoming order isn't even enough to fill that.

Understood and I'm in no hurry. I have three sets of the first generation glasses for sale if anyone is interested.
post #71 of 74 Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 PM

Anyone have any info on the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU 3D glasses? I'm guessing these are the next generation glasses but I don't know for sure. I found them on Amazon but can't find any info on whether they are a significant leap from the TY-EW3D3MU series. Panasonic's website is absolutely no help.
post #72 of 74 Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCatJr View Post

Anyone have any info on the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU 3D glasses? I'm guessing these are the next generation glasses but I don't know for sure. I found them on Amazon but can't find any info on whether they are a significant leap from the TY-EW3D3MU series. Panasonic's website is absolutely no help.

I believe they're Bluetooth and therefore not compatible with IR displays like the 3rd gen.
post #73 of 74 Old 03-23-2012, 08:49 AM

The latest in the Panasonic 3d glasses inventory......in Canada...probably the same everywhere.......

"Thank you for your e-mail and we are sorry to read of your frustration in this regard. Please be advised that we are currently experiencing a Global demand for 3D glasses, and unfortunately our supplier is not able to keep up with the extremely large demand. Rest assured that Panasonic is working diligently on obtaining 3D glasses as quickly and efficiently as possible. Please note that we expecting an additional shipment of 3D glasses from our supplier in April 2012. If you have not done so already, then we do recommend that you place an order with a local Panasonic Viera TV dealer."

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Viera Concierge Support Team

Panasonic Canada Inc.
post #74 of 74 Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acturbo View Post

Mine finally arrived today after a two month wait.

Send me a PM if you are interested in three sets of the first generation glasses used three times at a really good deal.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page