What software playing 3D DLP link from bluray 3d dvd - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > 3D Central > 3D Tech Talk > What software playing 3D DLP link from bluray 3d dvd

3D Tech Talk

alpharetta's Avatar alpharetta
10:39 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 9
08-27-2011 | Posts: 8
Hi,

I have read lot from the forum and so far here what I got:

HTPC: AMD triple core 3.4 ghz, 8 gb ram, gpu geforce gtx 550 ti, windows 7 x64

Source: bluray avatar 3d original dvd disk and few mkv 3d sample movie side by side

Glasses: dlp link glasses

Projector: Optoma HD66

Two big questions I have:

1. What software I need to have to play both 3d bluray dvd and 3d mkv? what is the setting of those software for dlp link glass and HD66 projector?

2. I have read thay I may need to have nvidia vision emmiter kit. Is that true even for using the dlp glasses only. I don't plan to play game on my system...

Any info and advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Alpharetta
evnow's Avatar evnow
06:32 PM Liked: 12
post #2 of 9
08-27-2011 | Posts: 459
Here is the place to get those answers.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1240499
alpharetta's Avatar alpharetta
03:56 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 9
08-29-2011 | Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by evnow View Post

Here is the place to get those answers.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1240499

Alright, I read the above thread and found out that I need nvidia vision kit. Bought it and try to enable 3D vision from nvidia video option, but failed. Here is my setup:

Direct hdmi 1.4a cable from PC/ Geforce gtx 550 ti card to Optoma HD 66,

HD66 set to 3D nvidia vision option

Screen resolution set to 720P and frame rate is 120 hz

The 3d nvidia vision wizard setup program succesffuly recoginze the emiter, and the projector. And then the problem comes when it asks to select right and left eye images. To be honest, I don't see any different and the picture always look the same regardlress I look at them with right or left eye. Of course I use the glasses coming with the emitter kit.

Therefore the wizard setup always fails...

What I did wrong? Do I need additional wire from emitter to projector?

Thanks
evnow's Avatar evnow
04:34 PM Liked: 12
post #4 of 9
08-29-2011 | Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharetta View Post

Alright, I read the above thread and found out that I need nvidia vision kit. Bought it and try to enable 3D vision from nvidia video option, but failed. Here is my setup:

That thread would be the right place to ask questions too. Right people would be reading the posts there compared to here.

BTW, I believe you no longer need the vision kit - there is a s/w driver that fools nvidia into thinking the emitter is connected.
TK421's Avatar TK421
03:23 AM Liked: 10
post #5 of 9
08-31-2011 | Posts: 80
Quote:

The 3d nvidia vision wizard setup program succesffuly recoginze the emiter, and the projector. And then the problem comes when it asks to select right and left eye images. To be honest, I don't see any different and the picture always look the same regardlress I look at them with right or left eye. Of course I use the glasses coming with the emitter kit.

Thanks

I presume that you turned the dlp Link flash on the hd66 on? Without the flash the glasses won't be syncing up to anything. I think once the pc is feeding the projector 720p 120 its capable of being turned on, but not before. I also presume your hd66 has firmware later than Aug 2010? Not that you will be using it but this will be signified by a 3d vision setting showing up under the options. Assuming you can normally see 3d it Sounds to me like you don't have dlp link turned on to be honest (the picture should be washed out without the glasses). Another avenue could be that the driver you downloaded didn't get downloaded properly. I used to have two routers on my network and when not downloading drivers on the primary one I used to have problems installing the nvidia vision.
Hope that helps. Cheers TK.
TK421's Avatar TK421
03:32 AM Liked: 10
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by evnow View Post

That thread would be the right place to ask questions too. Right people would be reading the posts there compared to here.

BTW, I believe you no longer need the vision kit - there is a s/w driver that fools nvidia into thinking the emitter is connected.

One other thing. On the cable you used I thought 3d vision required use of the dvi cable that came with the vision kit (if not long enough extend it with a female to female Hdmi connector and another Hdmi cable- that's what I did). That may be total BS though. I just followed the instructions on the kit. My Hdmi is used as an audio out to my yamaha rxv3900 which is non 3d.
TK421's Avatar TK421
04:47 AM Liked: 10
post #7 of 9
Ok I didn't notice you were using the nVidia glasses in your second post, I guess you have enabled nVidia vision on the projector then..
Lazvtech's Avatar Lazvtech
05:47 AM Liked: 10
post #8 of 9
08-31-2011 | Posts: 42
Quote:

Thanks

It may be a problem with the glasses them. I have a very like setup, and it works very well. You don't need a cable from the emitter to the projector. You don't even need to set the projector to nvidia 3D it works without it. I am using a dvi to hdmi cable I don't know if that makes a different? You can try playing something in 3d and turning on dlplink on the projector and use your dlp link glasses. If it works you know the nvidia emmiter or glasses, or driver is bad. Good luck.
Lazvtech's Avatar Lazvtech
05:55 AM Liked: 10
post #9 of 9
08-31-2011 | Posts: 42
I also think that you have to pass the nvidia 3D test to enable 3D so, just pick the square for the left eye and the triangle for the right, on the next question is the one with little block coming out of the big one. Good luck.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Subscribe to this Thread