post #31 of 130 Old 10-27-2011, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WACO View Post

If you're looking for DLP Link glasses, I would strongly recommend the True Depth 3D. Ultra Clears are the exact same thing as the older model True Depth's, but the new Rechargeable True Depth's are superior, and it doesn't look like Ultra Clear has updated theirs yet. Try 3DProStore.com, they always have cheaper prices and great customer service from Dann.

Ultra Clear has had the same* rechargeable glasses in blue for under $50 since April http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/ul3dgl.html and they have kids sizes as well.

*EDIT: The Ultra Clear rechargeables are not DLP-Link, they are IR. They still have DLP-Link for under $50, but they are not rechargeable. Thanks WACO, for the correction.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 130 Old 10-27-2011, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Ultra Clear has had the same rechargeable glasses in blue for under $50 since April http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/adult.html and they have kids sizes as well.

Yes, but aren't those IR and not DLP Link? Maybe I'm wrong
post #33 of 130 Old 10-27-2011, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACO View Post

Yes, but aren't those IR and not DLP Link? Maybe I'm wrong

Yes, sorry. I don't know how I missed that the topic was DLP-Link.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #34 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 AM

WACO, thanks for the information in this thread. I ordered 2 pairs (got them at the $59 price on Monday) and tried them out on Polar Express yesterday. The difference between these glasses and the Mits ones on the 73C9 was incredible. The only complain I have is the reflection, but hopefully that'll go away when I'm watching in total darkness. If not I'll have to stick some masking tape or something else inside the glasses. The image looked nice and crisp, not washed out as with the Mits (as I knew it would, thanks to not being able to turn off DLP Link in my tv).
post #35 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

I received my 1st pair. I will be comparing against Monstervision RF model. Comments to come sometime this weekend.
post #36 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 AM

I have a pair of Optoma ZD201's on the way, but I'm still curious about how these compare to the zd201s.

Waco, I think I read somewhere that the True Depth glasses fit better than the zd201's (on your sister?), is that correct?

thanks!
post #37 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovision View Post

I have a pair of Optoma ZD201's on the way, but I'm still curious about how these compare to the zd201s.

Waco, I think I read somewhere that the True Depth glasses fit better than the zd201's (on your sister?), is that correct?

thanks!

Well I mentioned that the Optoma ZD101's were to wide to even fit behind her ears (she has a small head), but the True Depth 3D's fit her perfectly. They definitely have the most snug fit out of any glasses I've tried, but with the rubber arms, they feel comfortable and don't cause pain. I have a very big head in contrast and they fit me perfect. The ZD201's do not have as snug a fit as the True Depth's, but I find them extremely comfortable. They both have rubber nose pieces and arms, so the only difference in comfort is that the Optoma ZD201's aren't as snug on the sides of your head. Visually they look about equal, but yes the True Depth's have more glare, but it's not to the point where it really bothers me too much. It doesn't interfere with the actual picture for me, it's more of to the sides.
post #38 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDholic View Post

I received my 1st pair. I will be comparing against Monstervision RF model. Comments to come sometime this weekend.

Yes, please let us know, I'm curious to see how the RF models stack up
post #39 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yes the True Depth's have more glare, but it's not to the point where it really bothers me too much. It doesn't interfere with the actual picture for me.

The glare/reflection on the True Depth's made them unusable for me (I had and returned 4-pairs). When watching my Mits 65838, they would give me a headache. Waco has a pair of ZD201s that he says has no glare. I have a pair on order to see. Here is to hoping that they work out for me.

Waco - I thought you perferred the ZD201s now? Decided to switch back now that I have ordered a pair? ;-)

-ftlee
post #40 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmanias View Post

WACO, thanks for the information in this thread. I ordered 2 pairs (got them at the $59 price on Monday) and tried them out on Polar Express yesterday. The difference between these glasses and the Mits ones on the 73C9 was incredible. The only complain I have is the reflection, but hopefully that'll go away when I'm watching in total darkness. If not I'll have to stick some masking tape or something else inside the glasses. The image looked nice and crisp, not washed out as with the Mits (as I knew it would, thanks to not being able to turn off DLP Link in my tv).

Nice man, glad they worked out for you. Ya, I was so excited to try out my IR XPands when I first got them and then so dissapointed when I saw how washed out the image was (DLP LINK thing). Took me hours of researching to find out the problem and what type of glasses I need. Thankfully there are boards like this, because the manufacturers sure as hell don't make things any simpler for us. As for the glare, they do have more glare than the others, but nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion. I watch 3D movies in the dark anyways. Just try and avoid light coming from the back, that's where the glare comes in, not the front
post #41 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 12:46 PM

Waco:

Is the glare coming in from behind the viewer reflected by the lens or the frame? If the frame, could you correct it by some means such as paint or tape??
post #42 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is the glare coming in from behind the viewer reflected by the lens or the frame?

The lens...
post #43 of 130 Old 10-28-2011, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFAN007 View Post

Waco:

Is the glare coming in from behind the viewer reflected by the lens or the frame? If the frame, could you correct it by some means such as paint or tape??

Yes, the lens. The inside of the frame is not glossy, it's a flat black texture, not glossy like the outside
post #44 of 130 Old 11-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
so if you have light coming from behind you, I have windows and a sliding door behind me, these won't work for me? obviously I have blinds, but still there is light coming through, I mostly watch at night so wouldn't be the biggest deal. has anyone confirmed if the 3dtv ones are the same?

BTW, every place i look says these are unavailable now.
post #45 of 130 Old 11-05-2011, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

so if you have light coming from behind you, I have windows and a sliding door behind me, these won't work for me? obviously I have blinds, but still there is light coming through, I mostly watch at night so wouldn't be the biggest deal. has anyone confirmed if the 3dtv ones are the same?

BTW, every place i look says these are unavailable now.

If you watch at night, I wouldn't worry about it. I can't confirm the 3DTV ones are the same, but I'm almost sure they are. That's what companies do, they buy a good product and stamp their label on it. A lot of companies don't actually manufacture their products
post #46 of 130 Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 AM

New and cheap to 3D. C9 , ps3 and Mitsu adapter is my base. Red xpands for $30, Blues xpands for $45 both used and dlp-links. Second option is Ultra-clears $50 or TruDepth $70. The Trues are the only rechargeable, but borderline of budget. Xpand need special batteries. I only want dlp-links. Help.
post #47 of 130 Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post

New and cheap to 3D. C9 , ps3 and Mitsu adapter is my base. Red xpands for $30, Blues xpands for $45 both used and dlp-links. Second option is Ultra-clears $50 or TruDepth $70. The Trues are the only rechargeable, but borderline of budget. Xpand need special batteries. I only want dlp-links. Help.

how about 3D VIP glasses? look like ultra clears but heard they are better. I had the ultra clears and they had a green tint to them
http://www.consignia.ca/vip-3d-dlp-l...rojectors-tvs/
post #48 of 130 Old 11-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of the 3D of Vip Dlp-link glasses. They remind me of the Ultra-Clears. Does Vip offer rechargeable glasses? These will be used mainly for daily gaming.
post #49 of 130 Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I have them and they work well. I don't have anything to compare them to, though. I have an Optoma HD3300 projector and with these glasses I see absolutely no ghosting and I can go grab a beer, tilt my head every which way and not lose sync. When I turn the lights on, they do tend to flicker, but I think that's going to happen with any DLP link glasses. At any rate, I ended up buying six of them if that's any indication of how much I liked them. Buy a pair and see how you like them. They're really affordable, and if you do like them you can pride yourself in the fact that you saved a fair chunk of change relative to other glasses.

Personally, I won't go for rechargeable. Just get a handful of batteries from the dollar store in case a pair dies and you're good to go. I'd hate to be in the middle of a movie and have one of my buddies' glasses die and have him not be able to watch because the glasses need to be recharged. Plus, there are a finite number of recharges, whereas I can always buy a new battery. Mind you, by the time current rechargeable glasses die my pj will probably be tossed in favour of passive Dolby 3D, but meh.

post #50 of 130 Old 11-08-2011, 04:28 AM

I'm leaning towards one pair of Ultra-Clears for myself and Xpands 102 for guest. What are the differences between the red and blue Xpands?
post #51 of 130 Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Should Optoma zd-101 be on my list. I've only heard they are big. My hat size is 7 3/4, so big is not bad. 1000:1 contrast which seems normal.
post #52 of 130 Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Should Optoma zd-101 be on my list. I've only heard they are big. My hat size is 7 3/4, so big is not bad. 1000:1 contrast which seems normal.

i have the optoma's and i would love to sellor trade them ... they work great but too big and ugly looking
post #53 of 130 Old 11-08-2011, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm leaning towards one pair of Ultra-Clears for myself and Xpands 102 for guest. What are the differences between the red and blue Xpands?

The blue ones are supposed to have an extended range.

http://www.xpand.me/products/dlp-lin...ses-x102-edux/

post #54 of 130 Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't like that the X102's don't have foldable arms. They take up a lot of room to store them.

Have you checked out the Optoma ZD201's? Two people in this forum think they are the best DLP-LINK glasses going...
post #55 of 130 Old 11-08-2011, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Anyone who is wondering what DLP-Link glasses to get, trust the people on here who have gone through this same ordeal. There are only 2 good options. The Optoma ZD201's (the best), and the Rechargeable True Depth 3D's (very close 2nd). Anything else is a waste of time and money. If these glasses are not available right right now, I suggest you wait a week or two for them to show up again.
post #56 of 130 Old 11-09-2011, 11:59 AM

Why are you selling your true depth's?
post #57 of 130 Old 11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

How well do these fit over prescription glasses? Are they comfortable?
post #58 of 130 Old 11-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

You can read my comments regarding comfort here.
post #59 of 130 Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Any info about 3dtv corp.? Those glasses look similiar to ultra-clears. I can't find optomas zd-201. Anyone tried the ps3 glasses?
post #60 of 130 Old 11-11-2011, 07:07 AM

How does the xpand x103 or x104 compare to dlp-link glasses. I'm pulling the trigger this weekend on some glasses. I tried to order the Ultra-clear dlps and could not get the order to go through.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page