Finally found the perfect DLP Link Glasses! - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 130 Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
swak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for your reply.

I have two pairs of 101s and the more I use them the more I like them. I had previously read the optics are the same so I assume performance would be the same with both. I am also concerned the lenses are smaller as someone reported seeing the frames Still wonder why the 201s aren't available in the USA.
swak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 130 Old 04-01-2012, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 1,008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Lenses on the 201s are definitely smaller, but it's not a problem and I even wear prescription glasses.

blastermaster is offline  
post #123 of 130 Old 04-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
swak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

Lenses on the 201s are definitely smaller, but it's not a problem and I even wear prescription glasses.


Wish Amazon US sold these, I would order a pair knowing they would be easy to return if I wasn't happy.
swak is offline  
post #124 of 130 Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
dan webster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: western mass.
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I am considering ordering 2 pairs of the optima 201 s from them also. 117 each ouch. I like the optima 101 pair that i have but alittle smaller and lighter would be nice. As others here have said it boggles my mind why they dont sell the 201 s in the US.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

dan webster is offline  
post #125 of 130 Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Newbie
 
Tsadich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an acer 9500 projector and the tru depth glasses did not come close to the quality of the ones that came with the projector. The ones that came with the projector were optoma 201 in white. I ended up ordering Optoma 201 from amazon.co.uk. They are cheaper than buying from some place in the US that then marks them up. I am interested to try the new Xpand Edux 3 3D glasses because of the larger viewing serface. Please let me know if you have tried these, found here: http://www.xpand.me/products/xpand-edux-3-3d-glasses/
Tsadich is offline  
post #126 of 130 Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
 
3dprojector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsadich View Post

I have an acer 9500 projector and the tru depth glasses did not come close to the quality of the ones that came with the projector. The ones that came with the projector were optoma 201 in white. I ended up ordering Optoma 201 from amazon.co.uk. They are cheaper than buying from some place in the US that then marks them up. I am interested to try the new Xpand Edux 3 3D glasses because of the larger viewing serface. Please let me know if you have tried these, found here: http://www.xpand.me/products/xpand-edux-3-3d-glasses/

I don't find them anywhere.any online store?,the xpand price tag is high.
3dprojector is offline  
post #127 of 130 Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Newbie
 
Tsadich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ya direct route is the only way I have seen them. They have the IR ones on amazon for half the price of ordering direct. I hope dlp link ones will make it there for the IR price. The Xpand website does show they are new, so maybe near future. I just don't know what percent of the market has dlp link tv or projectors... So I don't know if they will be mass produced or a direct buy only thing.
Tsadich is offline  
post #128 of 130 Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Senior Member
 
3dprojector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
the new true depth,the one that work on 144hz are amazing,tried them on Acer H7532BD.
for now they are sold on their online store,another thing I bought their universal ones,and they work great with samsung un es8000
3dprojector is offline  
post #129 of 130 Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,674
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dprojector View Post

the new true depth,the one that work on 144hz are amazing,tried them on Acer H7532BD.
for now they are sold on their online store,another thing I bought their universal ones,and they work great with samsung un es8000

The new 3DACtive DLP sold by Dimensional Optics are the same glasses but cost 2 Pairs for $99 and come with nice cases. You must order them direct since they just go the new ones in that support 144kz.
I have these and the True Depth and they have the same model number on them. They are great.
rwestley is offline  
post #130 of 130 Old 04-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
audionewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

The new 3DACtive DLP sold by Dimensional Optics are the same glasses but cost 2 Pairs for $99 and come with nice cases. You must order them direct since they just go the new ones in that support 144kz.
I have these and the True Depth and they have the same model number on them. They are great.

i read the website, where did it say it support 144khz on the glasses. where do i buy it from?
audionewer is offline  
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off