Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 View Post

So i tried everything, tried plugging the hdmi from the htpc directly into the hlt-6187s.. no change..

I get the blurry double image.. like tron 3d.. the menu, is blurry with overlapping letters where the 3d effect would be.. put glasses on, tried both modes on tv etc.. no sync.. dlp link fail.. verified intel hd graphics set to 60hz..

Only thing it could be now i guess, is the TMT 5 software or the glasses themselves...

So my question is.. is anyone using TMT, or what software player?
mine is 5.0.1.114

And secondly, if its the glasses maybe moving on to another pair, anyone tried these optoma bg-zd101 and know if it works with the hlt6187s? http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-BG-ZD10...ref=pd_sim_e_1

Thanks

To eliminate TMT as a factor, try watching a 3D video via youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0ZDjnQiXQ

You can set it to checkerboard, sbs, tab, etc. by clicking on the 3D icon.

I really doubt this is your problem but if you are using checkerboard and resize the desktop using the default nvidia tool it will not work (it scales after applying the checkerboard effect).

I guess the primary giveaway is that your glasses don't sync at all. They should sync regardless of whether or not you have 3D content displaying if your TV is in DLP Link mode. ie. you will see some flashing and discoloration followed by a subsequent stabilization at half brightness. You say the glasses belong to a friend, presumably they work with his set?

Other light sources could be interfering perhaps. Bizarrely the backlight for my wife's laptop generates a DLP like sync signal which interferes with the glasses for example.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxsfan View Post

To eliminate TMT as a factor, try watching a 3D video via youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0ZDjnQiXQ

I really doubt this is your problem but if you are using checkerboard and resize the desktop using the default nvidia tool it will not work (it scales after applying the checkerboard effect).

I guess the primary giveaway is that your glasses don't sync at all. They should sync regardless of whether or not you have 3D content displaying if your TV is in DLP Link mode. ie. you will see some flashing and discoloration followed by a subsequent stabilization at half brightness. You say the glasses belong to a friend, presumably they work with his set?

Other light sources could be interfering perhaps. Bizarrely the backlight for my wife's laptop generates a DLP like sync signal which interferes with the glasses for example.

Interesting, ill check out the youtube link tonight and see how that goes.. i forgot they now have those on there.

In my case, its the built in intel hd graphics not nvidia + TMT, now i have resized the screen to fit on my 61" properly, via the intel settings.. but, i thought maybe that would be a factor, so i reset the settings back to defaults, to where its not resized (and the screen edges of windows go offscreen because of lack of resizing).. this didnt help either way.

The glasses do flash, change the red tint to black, but never sync in a way that you can see the 3d effect, just the double image blur remains.

Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  http://tech-stew.com

post #33 of 41 Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

Here:
http://www.johnkalnin.com/3d/3d-shutter-glasses.htm

I have the same set as you. The ZD101s - IMO - suck. They are too tight on my head, they are butt ugly, the arms don't fold in, they are large, and on our set they create a visible rainbow. For half the price I recommend the Ultra Clears from Ultimate 3D heaven. As for compatible glasses, any DLP link glasses should work fine on the 6187s.

Nice link, i hadn't run across that.

I definitely like ones that recharge easily though.

At least amazon wise, most reviews are strong for those zd101s, whereas the ultra clears a little less, but perhaps not reviewed by perceptive techies

The ultra clears in that list, also mention a rainbow issue.. do you not notice much of the rainbow issue in your case?

post #34 of 41 Old 01-19-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Yes I did notice rainbows with my Ultra Clears, but I fixed it:
www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1316347

I am still looking for an affordable set of DLP link glasses that do not need to be modified and have no rainbows. The only glasses without rainbows are IR, but they leave blacks looking washed out and tinted red.
post #35 of 41 Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I set it to interleave and checkerboard, i put the glasses on, activated them, noticed "checkboard" like pattern on the screen, this after setting to either std or inv on the tv.. red tint goes away, but the checkerboard image background still shows, no 3d..

so either my set is very odd and didnt have dlp link (it does have an emitter port of course, on the back), or something else is still going on, maybe these borrowed glasses from ebay just dont work with my set period.. now thinking of trying those ultra clear ones, or maybe the true depth ones i saw on amazon (similar price)? I didnt see the true depth ones listed on that one website however...

All else fails i guess ill have to go with an emitter set.

post #36 of 41 Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:

I set it to interleave and checkerboard, i put the glasses on, activated them, noticed "checkboard" like pattern on the screen, this after setting to either std or inv on the tv.. red tint goes away, but the checkerboard image background still shows, no 3d..

so either my set is very odd and didnt have dlp link (it does have an emitter port of course, on the back), or something else is still going on, maybe these borrowed glasses from ebay just dont work with my set period.. now thinking of trying those ultra clear ones, or maybe the true depth ones i saw on amazon (similar price)? I didnt see the true depth ones listed on that one website however...

All else fails i guess ill have to go with an emitter set.

This checkerboard pattern you saw, was it composed of dark blocks interleaved with the picture? This is what I saw when my system wasn't scaling the output correctly.
post #37 of 41 Old 01-20-2012, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This checkerboard pattern you saw, was it composed of dark blocks interleaved with the picture? This is what I saw when my system wasn't scaling the output correctly.

Yes i believe so.. the checkboard pattern wasnt visible when i removed the glasses or took them off.. I will try different resolutions and the 0% overscan type options again tonight as a final test. Would be nice if i had a 3d bluray player to rule out a graphics issue

post #38 of 41 Old 01-20-2012, 04:44 PM

Not sure if you will see this in time, but if you have an xbox 360 you can download the "Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao" demo which allows checkerboard 3D output.
post #39 of 41 Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not sure if you will see this in time, but if you have an xbox 360 you can download the "Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao" demo which allows checkerboard 3D output.

Thanks for this tip. I'll try it out. Got YouTube working w dlp link. It was tge scaling issue. Yea screen edges go off the screen but it worked. I don't see a checkerboard option in tmt 5.2 or pdvd 11. In tmt it's greyed out for 3d settings tho checked. No checkerboard listed. Just doesn't work in these players for me

Will try the 360

post #40 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for this tip. I'll try it out. Got YouTube working w dlp link. It was tge scaling issue. Yea screen edges go off the screen but it worked. I don't see a checkerboard option in tmt 5.2 or pdvd 11. In tmt it's greyed out for 3d settings tho checked. No checkerboard listed. Just doesn't work in these players for me

Will try the 360

I'm using the VXP/Future Cinema (Eagle 510) ebay glasses.. i'm not seeing any rainbows or red tint (failure to block dlp flash) on my hlt-6187S.. the quality seems very solid on the glasses and they work from 15 feet in my case.. rechargeable of course too.

How likely am i to run into problems if later i try the ultimate 3d glasses for comparison, with mixing brands?

Its a bit of a bummer that for other xbox games that arent checkerboard you would have to spend $300 for this device to make them work on the samsung legacy dlp though.

post #41 of 41 Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:

I'm using the VXP/Future Cinema (Eagle 510) ebay glasses.. i'm not seeing any rainbows or red tint (failure to block dlp flash) on my hlt-6187S.. the quality seems very solid on the glasses and they work from 15 feet in my case.. rechargeable of course too.

How likely am i to run into problems if later i try the ultimate 3d glasses for comparison, with mixing brands?

Its a bit of a bummer that for other xbox games that arent checkerboard you would have to spend $300 for this device to make them work on the samsung legacy dlp though.

DLP glasses should all work the same. I never had a problem mixing brands. The UC glasses have rainbows on your set, but they can be minimized.

As for that kit - unnecessary. You only need a Mitsubishi 3DA-1 adapter and either spoof a mitts EDID on your HDMI 3 port, or there are some tricks on certain models to make them work without the EDID spoof. It took about 5 minutes to connect my TV to a laptop to change the EDID for the 3DA-1 adapter to work on my set. There are plenty of threads here on it and some pros who can walk you through the easy steps.

The adapter was $99 a while back, but it is hard to find now. Good luck!
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page