Help - Splitting 3D Source to Mits DLP & Sony HMZ T1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have come to a complete standstill trying to figure out how to properly split a 3d signal between two displays. I am able to split 2D signals to my tv and 3d viewer with full audio and video. I am also able to split the 3D signal (video and audio) to one of the displays, yet I can't seem to get 3D to work on both displays at the same time. My current setup is as follows:

Mitsubishi DLP WD-65638 3D Ready
Mitsubishi 3DA-1 3D Adapter Pack
Apogee HDMI 3x1 Mini Switcher
2 Port HDMI Splitter HDMI v1.3b 10.2Gbps - see site for full details below
callcct.com/2-Port-HDMI-Splitter
PS3 SLIM 160GB
Samsung SMT-H3270 DVR through Time Warner Cable
Sony Personal 3D Viewer HMZ-T1 (includes control box)

What I have tried (all via HDMI) with no luck....

Setup 1 -
DVR and PS3 hdmi's out -> switcher (in -tried all 3 inputs)
switcher hdmi (out) -> Mits. Adapter (in)
Mits. Adapter (out) -> splitter (in)
splitter (out 1) -> TV (in) & splitter (out 2) -> Sony 3D Viewer Control Box hdmi (in)
Control box HMD out to 3D viewer (this is NOT connected via hdmi as it has it's own unique connector)

Setup 2
DVR and PS3 hdmi's out -> switcher (in - tried all 3 inputs)
switcher hdmi (out) -> splitter (in)
splitter (out 1) -> Mits Adapter (in), Mits Adapter (out) -> TV (in)
splitter (out 2) -> Sony 3D Viewer Control Box hdmi (in)
Control box HMD out to 3D viewer (this is NOT connected via hdmi as it has it's own unique connector)

To see HMD connector, check Sony Style website (i haven't posted enough to include url's yet) ...

Additional details:

Viewing Movies downloaded in Side by Side Format
With both units powered on and displaying the same image in 2d, I set the tv to 3d mode, cycled through the 3d inputs on the adapter to find the correct setting, and obtained a full 3d picture. However, the 3d viewer then loses the signal and I have to power it off and then back on to get the signal back. Once it returns, I go into the 3d viewer settings, turn on 3d, and the picture is blurry. From there, I changed the format on the viewer to side by side, and the picture appears to be zoomed in and it can't be adjusted. When I change the format on the Mits. adapter to side by side, the viewer can then be set to see full 3d. However, the tv now displays a split screen side by side.

Viewing 3D Content from DVR (ESPN 3D - 3D Output is Top/Bottom)
Same issues as viewing movies described above.

Testing PS3 Games
With both units powered on and displaying the PS3 menu screen (tv is already in 3d mode), I select Super Stardust HD. The menu appears, and I select "Play in 3D". The tv loses signal and goes blank. However, the viewer continues to carry the signal and displays a blurry picture. I turn on 3d mode from the viewer settings, and I have full 3d. I quit the game, went back to the PS3 home screen, and the signal reappeared on the tv.

At this point, I am going to go buy all new High Speed HDMI cables and replace those I currently have. If anyone has any other suggestions or might have a solution, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to lose hope that I can split the signal and watch 3d content on both displays. This would be a major let down as I would like to play games, watch movies and sports in 3d (on my tv and sony viewer) with friends at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be directed my way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-22-2011, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bumping my own thread as I still don't have a viable solution or an answer to why I am having this issue.... Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page