DirecTV 3D Receiver > Gefen HDMI Detective Plus > Blackmagic Intensity Pro Capture? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-19-2011, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All! I'm fairly new to 3DTV and I was wondering if I could archive my recorded 3D shows from my DirecTV HR22-700 HD-DVR by capturing them using a Gefen HDMI Detective to spoof DirecTV's EDID check, allowing the 3D output via HDMI into my Blackmagic Intensity Pro for capture in SBS 3D format.

I have a Sony XBR 52LX900 which I normally have my DirecTV receiver connected directly to for 3D viewing. I understand that I first have to program the Gefen Detective Plus with my Sony TV's EDID in order to fool the DirecTV receiver into enabling the output of a 3D signal for capturing via HDMI on my Intensity Pro capture card.

I obviously will be disconnecting my Sony 3DTV while doing the capture, but will be using the Blackmagic Express software installed in my Windows 7 to do the monitoring and SBS 3D capture.

Can someone actually confirm this as a workable solution for archiving my 3D shows from my DirecTV HD-DVR.

Thanks to all who reply!
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page