Got my Blick 3D glasses...Panny 50ST30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just a quick note to let anyone that is interested in a Universal brand active shutter 3D glasses, that the Blick 3D glasses work for me.
I own a Panny 50ST30 and just got my Blick 3Ds yesterday and tried them for a few hours last night. I am not going to try to give a comprehensive, jargon filled review, just going to keep it simple...They work.
I charged them for about 30 mins before the red charge light went off indicating a complete charge. removed the clear plastic protective coverings, switched on power button on left side and saw the lens darken as they powered on. I tuned to the 3D channels offered by Comcast (790&791) and sat there watching Kings of Leon in Concert and some dinosaur shows after. The depth effect of the crowd shots really leads your eyes to the stage, very immersive. The guitars seemed to want to poke my eyes out! Watched ESPN 3D and again, 3D effect was very good to my eyes. I also watched a few mins of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on 3D Blu-Ray, and loved what I saw.
Distance: I watched from distances ranging from 10 to 20 feet away and no noticeable effect/ degradation of the 3D quality of the image.
When I got near to an overhead light bulb, the glasses seemed to switch off, as expected,then quickly reverted to operational mode once away from the light source.
Comfort: Very comfortable with large viewing lens area. Worn over regular glasses without distortion by both myself and wife. No humming, buzzing or other noise from the glasses, that I could hear, I'll check again when worn again.
Since I've only just got them and not in use for any considerable length of time, I can't speak to battery life etc. That is left to be determined. I've touched on a few aspects that I think people would be interested in knowing, but if I've neglected to mention something anybody would like for me to check for I will, if I can. I am no expert on this stuff so go easy! They work for me so far...

All I want for Christmas is my two front seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-20-2011, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had them for about 2 weeks now and while I liked them at first they have gotten really bad lately. I finally got some Panasonic glasses to compare them against and it's not even close. Watched Fright Night last weekend and switched between the 2 pairs and while the Panasonic TYEW3D3MU glasses worked great the Blick had crosstalk to the point that the film was unwatchable. I made sure they were fully charged and it made no difference. I believe I will be returning my 2 pairs of Blick glasses unless I find some sort of fix. Just my experience with them
post #3 of 9 Old 12-21-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I guess I'll keep an eye (no pun intended) out for any distortion. Keeping my fingers crossed, but thanks for the update.

All I want for Christmas is my two front seats
post #4 of 9 Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion-man View Post

I guess I'll keep an eye (no pun intended) out for any distortion. Keeping my fingers crossed, but thanks for the update.

No problem....I really wanted to like them but have had alot of problems with different content lately
post #5 of 9 Old 12-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Tried the blick glasses with a sharp xv-z17000 projector and they work perfectly .
post #6 of 9 Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 PM

I'm returning mine. On my Panasonic 65VT30, if I watch in "custom" mode with contrast at 100, the glasses will constantly turn off and on. When watching in THX mode, they mostly stay on, but "mostly" is not good enough. The manual does indicate that plasma televisions could interfere with the glasses - pretty strange claim for glasses marketed towards plasma owners.

It's also worth noting that these glasses are significantly darker than the Panasonic 2nd generations that came with the TV.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-01-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I got the Blicks to use with my Epson 3010 pj and was thrilled to find that they worked. However, after using them for awhile I noticed that I often get crosstalk/ghosting with them that I do not experience with the Epsons or Panasonic "3D3" glasses. It's not bad enough to return them but I wouldn't buy them again.JMHO

Ed
post #8 of 9 Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 AM

Has anyone had problems with the Panasonic glasses cutting out? I was thinking of trying out the Blict's as I have a pair of xpand 103 and Panasonics but the xpands are a bit dark and the Panasonics cut out. I have a 65vt30 and sit 16 feet away from the screen. I have also thought about looking into the epand 104's any feedback would be helpful.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-27-2012, 11:05 AM

I have a 65vt30 and sit about 12 feet away and never have an issue with the Pannys. The Blick's gave me problems, but the company told me there many customers have had issues with the VT30's and the Blick's.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page