SBS playback with Acer H5360 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-21-2011, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I need some help before I buy a Optoma 3d-xl. I have tried many media players online that I downloaded to playback my sbs files on my HTPC. None of them work, it really sucks. I'm using dlp link glasses and I have a GT430 card. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-25-2011, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I use the Nvidia 3D vision player with my Acer, but I have the Nvidia glasses so it may not work. I also have Powerdvd 11 and it does a great job with SBS, only reason I don't use it is because I like to use FFDSHOW audio filter for sound.

I know that TMT 5 will also work. I have the same GT430 card as well and its been great.

I'm not sure if you need to install Tridef drivers to get DLP link to work though...
post #3 of 8 Old 12-26-2011, 06:01 AM

Liked: 10
Hi

I suggest to use NVIDIA 3DTV Play when you don't have the NVIDIA glasses, it is free if you have the NVIDIA 3D VISION kit (IR emitter etc...) otherwise you need to pay for it.

But it is "included" in the nvidia driver and if you plug in the nvidia IR emitter the 3DTV Play software will be activated. So lets just emulate the IR emitter

*You need a 3D Vision compatible graphics card, you need a 3D Vision compatible display (tv, monitor, projector).
*Install the (latest) nvidia geforce graphic drivers + stereoscopic support
*MS Device Simulation Framework
*Extract the above zip archive, run DSFx64Runtime.msi (64bit) or DSTx86Runtime.msi (32bit) as administrator. After installation run init_x64.bat (64bit) of init.bat (32bit) as administrator.
*By running enablestereo.bat (as administrator) you emulate the IR transmitter and you can select in the nvidia control your 3D display when setting up stereoscopic. When you don't want to run the bat file each time manually, you can put him also in your startup directory: C:\\Users\\UserName\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Windows\\S tart Menu\\Programs\\Startup
and edit the bat file from
start cscript enablestereo.wsf
to
start /min cscript "C:\\DirectoryWhereYouExtractedTheZipArchive\\enablestereo.ws f"

It is possible you need to reboot your computer.

Now turn on your projector and setup the projector for 3D mode.
Go to the nvidia control panel, setup your projector as the main display and set the resolution to 1280*720 @ 120Hz.
In the nvidia control panel, go to set up stereoscopic 3D. Enable Stereoscopic 3D. Now you should be able to select your projector at "Stereoscopic 3D display type". Run the stereoscopic wizard (don't forget to turn on your glasses).

When playing 3d content with powerdvd/totalmedia theater/stereoscopic player don't forget to select "NVIDIA 3D VISION" as the 3D viewing method.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-26-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petillan View Post

Hi

I suggest to use NVIDIA 3DTV Play when you don't have the NVIDIA glasses, it is free if you have the NVIDIA 3D VISION kit (IR emitter etc...) otherwise you need to pay for it.

But it is "included" in the nvidia driver and if you plug in the nvidia IR emitter the 3DTV Play software will be activated. So lets just emulate the IR emitter

*You need a 3D Vision compatible graphics card, you need a 3D Vision compatible display (tv, monitor, projector).
*Install the (latest) nvidia geforce graphic drivers + stereoscopic support
*MS Device Simulation Framework
*Extract the above zip archive, run DSFx64Runtime.msi (64bit) or DSTx86Runtime.msi (32bit) as administrator. After installation run init_x64.bat (64bit) of init.bat (32bit) as administrator.
*By running enablestereo.bat (as administrator) you emulate the IR transmitter and you can select in the nvidia control your 3D display when setting up stereoscopic. When you don't want to run the bat file each time manually, you can put him also in your startup directory: C:\\Users\\UserName\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Windows\\S tart Menu\\Programs\\Startup
and edit the bat file from
start cscript enablestereo.wsf
to
start /min cscript "C:\\DirectoryWhereYouExtractedTheZipArchive\\enablestereo.ws f"

It is possible you need to reboot your computer.

Now turn on your projector and setup the projector for 3D mode.
Go to the nvidia control panel, setup your projector as the main display and set the resolution to 1280*720 @ 120Hz.
In the nvidia control panel, go to set up stereoscopic 3D. Enable Stereoscopic 3D. Now you should be able to select your projector at "Stereoscopic 3D display type". Run the stereoscopic wizard (don't forget to turn on your glasses).

When playing 3d content with powerdvd/totalmedia theater/stereoscopic player don't forget to select "NVIDIA 3D VISION" as the 3D viewing method.

I guess I will have to get the Nvidia Kit. Do you know if I can use the DLP Link Glasses with the Nvidia Glasses if I get the kit? I want to get 6 glasses and I have 2 DLP glasses already.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-26-2011, 02:56 PM

Liked: 15
Great post Petillan.

Blee, what the above poster showed is how to emulate the Nvidia emitter, so that you don't have to buy it. Following the steps mentioned, you can fool the Nvidia driver into thinking that the emitter is plugged in. You should then be able to use your DLP glasses without any problem.

Is that correct Petillan?
post #6 of 8 Old 12-26-2011, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1 View Post

Great post Petillan.

Blee, what the above poster showed is how to emulate the Nvidia emitter, so that you don't have to buy it. Following the steps mentioned, you can fool the Nvidia driver into thinking that the emitter is plugged in. You should then be able to use your DLP glasses without any problem.

Is that correct Petillan?

Oh ok, just needed to read it over
post #7 of 8 Old 12-27-2011, 12:02 AM

Indeed correct.
I did this to enable 3DTV Play for my HDMI1.4 3D HDTV, works like a charm and I don't have the nvidia emitter + glasses, I use the glasses and the built in emmiter from the TV.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 AM

I have an Acer H5360, and an NVIDIA GTS 250, I downloaded the links described here but still battled to get the driver to start..fooled around and found this is the solution if you have the newer NVIDIA drivers installed

In order to install a old driver for the NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D USB controller the easyest way is to modify the file nvstusb.inf inside the NV3DVisionUSB.Driver folder the following line

Ver=10/15/2011,6.14.14.8562

and put whatever version superior to the one installed.

Then go to device admin, locate the usb device NVIDIA stereoscopy 3d usb controller and force a reinstall of the driver using disk driver installations.

The systems will warning you that is not a signed driver but you should accept this without problems

Regards
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
Acer H5360 3d Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - H5360 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page