Samsung SSG-P2100S/ZA 3D glasses with Mits 82738 TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm contemplating purchasing the Samsung SSG-P2100S/ZA 3D Glasses (w/ shrek movies) kit.

I had read that not all Samsung glasses will work with Mits 3D DLP TVs, so I need to know if the kit I considering will work for my TV. Can someone please confirm one way or the other?

Also I have seen this kit with model# SSG-P2100S and sometimes with /ZA on the end. Both are described as kit with Shrek movies. Is there any difference?

For reference:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-P2...9317871&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-P2...9317871&sr=8-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 04:12 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Those glasses are IR controlled glasses, not DLP Link. Your TV model requires that you add on an IR emitter to control the glasses. This plugs into the back of the TV, in the connection labeled 3D Glasses Emitter. The package you specify does not come with the IR emitter so by itself the set of glasses will not work without a separate purchase of an IR emitter. Something like this: http://www.3dglassesunlimited.com/hi...dlp-p-382.html

There are other options as well for instance the Xpand model 3DG-EX103 comes with one pair of glasses and the IR emitter and that IR emitter can be used with the 3DG-X103 (same glasses but without emitter): http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ctronics%2C274 . If you look farther down the page you will find "DLP Link" glasses that will work with your TV and you would not need to add an IR emitter. There are several brands of "DLP Link" glasses and they all will work with your TV (just make sure to turn on the DLP Link feature in your TV's 3D Menu. There are other brands of IR glasses you can use but you need to make sure you get the correct IR emitter as well.

Sony's new PS3 glasses are said to work with the separate IR emitter linked above and also with the IR emitter in the 3DG-EX103 system above, however they will not work with the DLP Link system.

If you look over the threads in this area, you will find a lot of options and reviews.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info GEP. As I understand it, the 82738 model had a firmware update which eliminated the need for an external emitter.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM

Liked: 11
No. The firmware update eliminated the need for the 3D adapter box. The ir emitter is still needed for ir glasses.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrister View Post

No. The firmware update eliminated the need for the 3D adapter box. The ir emitter is still needed for ir glasses.

Ah thanks for the clarification and yes I do have the external emitter that came from the Mitsubishi glasses kit. So with that, The SSG-P2100S kit should work, correct?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Most likely, but I have never used the SSG-P2100S kit so I cannot be 100%.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:05 AM

Liked: 11
Yup. I have a 73738 that I use with the Mits glasses and emitter from the Mits kit and with 2100's from the Samsung Shrek kit. The glasses are identical and all work fine.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for confirming Barrister