How to display .mpo files on Epson 6010 3D projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have .mpo files I took with my Sony point and shoot camera, trying to figure out how to get them displayed on my Epson 6010 LCD 3D projector (which doesn't have a USB connection nor media card connections). I also have an Oppo BDP-93 3D BluRay player which doesn't support playback of .mpo files.

It's cumbersome to connect the camera to the projector over HDMI (I don't have an HDMI 1.4 compatible A/V receiver to switch through) due to projector being ceiling mounted and I've had problems with the camera recognizing SD cards I've written .mpo files to the card on my computer.

So looking for a way perhaps burning a 3D BluRay or some type of disc that I can play on my Oppo BDP-93 to get the .mpo files to play on my Epson 6010 projector. I used to have a Sony PS3 which evidently would have been useful to play .mpo files but I sold it to buy the Oppo.

Someone suggested using PowerDirector 10 to burn an AVCHD disc (???) which I purchased but I have no clue what to use in this product, it has a lot of parts and options and I'm lost in it and no help from Cyberlink who makes it.

Anyway, if anyone can provide suggestions I'd really appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post

I have .mpo files I took with my Sony point and shoot camera, trying to figure out how to get them displayed on my Epson 6010 LCD 3D projector (which doesn't have a USB connection nor media card connections). I also have an Oppo BDP-93 3D BluRay player which doesn't support playback of .mpo files.

It's cumbersome to connect the camera to the projector over HDMI (I don't have an HDMI 1.4 compatible A/V receiver to switch through) due to projector being ceiling mounted and I've had problems with the camera recognizing SD cards I've written .mpo files to the card on my computer.

So looking for a way perhaps burning a 3D BluRay or some type of disc that I can play on my Oppo BDP-93 to get the .mpo files to play on my Epson 6010 projector. I used to have a Sony PS3 which evidently would have been useful to play .mpo files but I sold it to buy the Oppo.

Someone suggested using PowerDirector 10 to burn an AVCHD disc (???) which I purchased but I have no clue what to use in this product, it has a lot of parts and options and I'm lost in it and no help from Cyberlink who makes it.

Anyway, if anyone can provide suggestions I'd really appreciate it!

This may help Wynswrld if a disc is ok . If it makes a SBS disc a 2d player would be ok as well as the 93 ;hope its reasonably priced
http://3dvision-blog.com/tag/blu-ray-3d/page/3/
Quote:

After a slight delay Sony Vegas Pro 10 is now updated to version 10.0d and the new update comes with support for MVC (Multiview Video Coding) file format that is being used by Sony's HDR-TD10 camcorders for example. MVC is also the format used for compressing video for Blu-ray 3D movies and it is also used by other 3D camcorders such as JVC GS-TD1 and it will most likely be used even much more in the future. Another interesting new feature in Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d is the addition of support for MPO (multiple picture object) file format that is being used by Sony Cyber-shot 3D Sweep Panorama feature as well as other 3D digital cameras for recording 3D photos. There is also the added support for burning a Blu-ray 3D Disc from the time-line which is kind of making Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d the most affordable Blu-ray 3D authoring solution, although we are talking just about the most basic functionality and not something that can compete with full featured and much more expensive solutions designed for Blu-ray 3D authoring

post #3 of 3 Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I got this all working with PowerDirector 10. Involved importing all of the .mpos into a project (Timeline) and simply skipping the Process tab and go to the Burn tab and select the 3D tab in it and select Burn a BluRay 3D, works perfectly, very simple, plays like any other 3D BluRay disc I have (e.g., commercially released movie).
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page