I'm not sure if I am using my 3DTV to it's fullest capability - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-26-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own a Panasonic Viera TC-P42GT25 1080pa 3D Plasma, and I've recently been watching some free 3D movies on Comcast On Demand.

The reason I am not sure that I am using the TV to it's fullest capability is because at the beginning of each movie, there is a message that shows two images (top and bottom) of stick people, and the announcer says that if I am seeing 2 identical images that my TV is not in 3D mode.

I always see the 2 identical images, which would indicate that my TV is not in 3D mode, but when the actual movie begins, everything appears to be in 3D (I feel like I am in the movie and images seem to pop out of the screen).

The 3D settings are set to Top/Bottom, so it would appear to be set up properly, I just can't figure out why I see 2 identical images when the announcer says I should only see 1.

Can anyone confirm if I am using this properly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Yes, you are using your TV correctly. The announcement is a bit misleading because it isn't actually referring to the stick images themselves, but to the images you see AFTER the countdown is completed.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page