No single answer for that question!!
Originally Posted by BIGGGDADDY72
I have 3 Mitsubishi active glasses,iam curious how much different are Dlp link glasses.Are they better,do they handle 3d better.
Not all IR glasses are equal in picture quality! Not all RF glasses are equal in picture quality! Not all DLP Link glasses are equal in picture quality! In short the type of glasses sync system does not dictate overall picture quality or performance of the glasses.
Variables that need to be considered:
1. Does your model of TV have the ability to set DLP Link to OFF (in the 3D menu if it does)?
2. If your TV does NOT have this ability, many of the IR/RF glasses still show the effect of the DLP Link flash - Depending on the model of TV, this effect is anywhere from a strong green tint (or red with Samsung LED DLP or LaserVue DLP) and washed out blacks to a much more subtle cyan tint to the black and only a little washed out. Some IR glasses hide this fine however many do not.
3. Good DLP Link glasses hide the effect for the DLP Link flash, however some do it better than others. However some models of DLP Link Glasses also show a rainbow effect in bright areas of the picture while some do not.
4. If your TV CAN turn off the DLP Link, some IR/RF glasses work extremely well while other are just OK.
In short the type of glasses - IR sync, RF sync, DLP Link sync - is not the entire determining factor for picture quality.
That still leaves out other factors that are not picture quality related but do influence enjoyment:
1. Weight and Size of glasses.
2. Fit of glasses.
3. Ability to block light from the sides, or from around the lenses.
3. Battery type (replaceable vs. rechargeable).
Life is never easy.