Most games make me sick, and now 3d movies - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Has anyone with extreme motion sickness been able to enjoy 3d on a long term basis? To be more accurate the proper term may be simulator sickness because you can see motion but not feel it. Most people talk about eye strain which I think is a separate issue.

I started to realize I was more sensitive than my friends as video games moved to first and third person views. I've felt sick for up to 3 days after playing some games. A few things have helped like setting the fov to 90, sitting back further from the screen and playing in a well lit room etc. However none of this has been a great fix. In the best scenario it makes me tired and I can feel my senses being stressed. If I do play games anymore I go for stuff that has a isometric view or the classic 2d mario style. Adjusting to a new set of glasses is also hard for me.

When I tried some of the 3d sets at the store for about 10 minutes I didn't feel bad right away but felt cruddy afterwards until I had a good nights rest. I think 3d is kind of cool but it may not be for me. With games I have been able to extend my tolerance but it resets when I don't play for a while. If I added 3d to games now that would be a very horrible experience. I've heard many complaints from people about video games making them sick and now I also hear it about movies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-19-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Try Benadryl. It works wonders for my kid's motion sickness. If it doesn't make you drowsy then you're all set.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 AM

Liked: 11
Have you ever tried using Dramamine? Or any other medicine for motion sickness? I've gotten motion sickness a few times by watching large bodies of water move while standing on a dock. Dramamine helped in that situation, where I was watching movement but not feeling it myself.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-19-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 16
thanks for the suggestions. I've also tried drinking ginger ale while playing games and it may have helped a little. Maybe I would be able to handle it in moderation. Now I need a 3d display.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Don't try alcohol. Trust me.

Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page