Sony TDGBR750 Titanium 3D Active Glasses - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 82 Old 04-07-2012, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I ordered my pair of glasses from Macmall and received them yesterday. By the way, Macmall has them at a lower price than Amazon. Any way, I have a Sony 55HX929 and I noticed a lot of flickering when I had the glasses on, is there an adjustment that needs to be made in the television settings when watching 3D content that will stop this? I' m new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 82 Old 04-09-2012, 06:32 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleibowitz View Post

Hi, I ordered my pair of glasses from Macmall and received them yesterday. By the way, Macmall has them at a lower price than Amazon. Any way, I have a Sony 55HX929 and I noticed a lot of flickering when I had the glasses on, is there an adjustment that needs to be made in the television settings when watching 3D content that will stop this? I' m new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just ordered the glasses so I do not have first knowledge of this, but if you look in the main hx929 thread they mention that the last firmware upgrade was supposed to take care of the flickering. Also, in the meantime, try using MotionFlow (which is not optimal because of SOE but reportedly eliminates the flickering).
post #33 of 82 Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Ok, I'm liking this glass so far. At first it looks kinda blurry for some reason, not crosstalk, it's just blurry but then after couple of minutes after initial use, it became brighter and the 3D looks great! I like the fact now that even if I move or tilt a little bit, for me there is still slight color shift but less than the BR250 that I have. I like how it's so light and comfortable to the nose and the ears. Not like the 250 where I feel tired of it sometimes and sweating on the side of my ears. I like that it wraps around your head and the back frame is not sticking out like the 250 where if you lay your head down on the couch, the back frames are sticking out and your 3D glass will come off.

So far I've watched mostly 3D animated videos. I don't know if it's just my imagination but the pop-out scenes on this glass seems to look much better than the 250? I have yet to try on non-animated videos and I turn off the motionflow on those videos so we'll see if I will have any issues with those off. I'll keep you guys posted.
post #34 of 82 Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll give it a try.
post #35 of 82 Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

The BR250s need the filters as well... I'm really struggling with whether I want to just deal with the add-on filters (once they become available) or send them back to Amazon and just get the MV3Ds.

The 750s are just so lightweight and comfortable, they are like wearing a pair of sunglasses.

Ok well the BR250's are equal dinosaurs with filters then. I thght the part# was interchangeable with the PJ1's. The PJ1's were as good as Sony has looked to date being filterless. Trust me you won't want to deal with the added dimming with the add-on filters either. I would bail out of them if I were you and just go with MV3D's till something with that image quality comes along in a 750 like design.

post #36 of 82 Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 AM

Hi, I made an earlier post concerning issues I'm having with these glasses. Btw, they're my 1st pair of 3D glasses so I don't have anything to compare them too. My televison the HX929 automatically switches Motionflow off when I engage the 3D feature however I'm still having issues with 3D image quality and was hoping that someone who has gone through this can provide me with a solution. My issues are the following: 1. The 3D image on the television screen can appear blurred. 2. The 3D image will constantly flicker on and then off. 3. There is a color shift in the picture if I tilt my head to either side. I also contacted Sony customer support but unfortunately they're not much help. Thanks for your time.
post #37 of 82 Old 04-13-2012, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleibowitz View Post

Hi, I made an earlier post concerning issues I'm having with these glasses. Btw, they're my 1st pair of 3D glasses so I don't have anything to compare them too. My televison the HX929 automatically switches Motionflow off when I engage the 3D feature however I'm still having issues with 3D image quality and was hoping that someone who has gone through this can provide me with a solution. My issues are the following: 1. The 3D image on the television screen can appear blurred. 2. The 3D image will constantly flicker on and then off. 3. There is a color shift in the picture if I tilt my head to either side. I also contacted Sony customer support but unfortunately they're not much help. Thanks for your time.

Make sure your glass is on, I had a hard time powering it on most of the time because of my large fingers and the awkward position IMO of the power button, sometimes I thought it's on but turns out it's not Also the glass attracts fingerprints or smudges and sometimes it's not noticeable till I take it off and take a closer look and so I thought the picture is blurry Also have you tried using it fully charge to see if the bluriness will go away? I don't think there's any 3D glasses out there that won't have a problem if you tilt your head but then again, I have not tried nor seen reviews of other 3D glass anyway but if there is one, I would be interested to hear about it.
post #38 of 82 Old 04-13-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious View Post

Make sure your glass is on, I had a hard time powering it on most of the time because of my large fingers and the awkward position IMO of the power button, sometimes I thought it's on but turns out it's not Also the glass attracts fingerprints or smudges and sometimes it's not noticeable till I take it off and take a closer look and so I thought the picture is blurry Also have you tried using it fully charge to see if the bluriness will go away? I don't think there's any 3D glasses out there that won't have a problem if you tilt your head but then again, I have not tried nor seen reviews of other 3D glass anyway but if there is one, I would be interested to hear about it.

Both set of glasses have been fully charged. I've also ensured that the glasses are powered up by ensuring the green light at the top of the bridge is continuosly blinking. I'll check the lens for finger prints. I saw a post on a Sony UK site in which someone explained something similar to what I'm experiencing. The color shift doesn't bother me as much as the 3D image constantly flashing between being on and then off. Thanks for the response.
post #39 of 82 Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 AM

Liked: 13
Is something blocking the 3D transmitter on the TV, i believe the HX929 transmitter is located front/center of the TV. Sometimes if i put my feet up on the coffee table while watching my HX929 i block the transmitter.
post #40 of 82 Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackkeys View Post

Is something blocking the 3D transmitter on the TV, i believe the HX929 transmitter is located front/center of the TV. Sometimes if i put my feet up on the coffee table while watching my HX929 i block the transmitter.

That could be it. My center channel is probably blocking the 3D transmitter. Thanks.
post #41 of 82 Old 04-15-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackkeys View Post

Problem solved!!! The center channel was blocking the 3D transmitter. Thanks for the help.
post #42 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 AM

I was all set to jump on macmall's $69.99 for the BR750s and I noticed today that they are now $92.99

Anyone else found them cheaper? Is it worth it to get these or should I just get the BR500s or 250s?
post #43 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfugrip12 View Post

I was all set to jump on macmall's $69.99 for the BR750s and I noticed today that they are now $92.99

Anyone else found them cheaper? Is it worth it to get these or should I just get the BR500s or 250s?

The styles are different and 750 is much more convenient and stylish for me so it's definitely worth it to me.
post #44 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfugrip12 View Post

Take a look at ecost.com. They have them for $71.99. I've never bought anything from them so I can't vouch for their service.
post #45 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 PM

This is my first time ever posting here. But I stumbled upon the part number for the filters and noticed no one had commented on it yet, so I had to create an account and post it!
www.docs.sony.com/release/Flyer_4425411111.pdf

Found it here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=TDGBR750&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=manuals#/manualsTab

But my question is, will Sony make any battery operated glasses to compete with Samsung's $20 range? I just can't justify the price for the BR750s...
post #46 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM

any chance these will work with 2011 st Panasonic tv's?
post #47 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Bought two of the last pairs on Amazon.... Couldn't wait (ecost.com doesn't have them in stock), but at least free Prime shipping and no sales tax.

They are nice looking, and very light. I hope to test them out tonight.
post #48 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceavis View Post

They say they are specially made to work only with SONY TV's, but who knows. If it doesn't work out, you could always return them.
post #49 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

IR systems are proprietary and Sony's is sole proprietary, so no they won't. The brands Panasonic share their IR system with are Toshiba and Sharp. That's why glasses like Xpand's universal IR's have to be manually switched to right IR mode or as with the new versions switch themselves into the correct more for the IR system they are being used with.

post #50 of 82 Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 PM

I have a un55c8000 display 2010 model. The glasses for the Sony PS3 Playstation 3D display work very well with it. Is there any chance these will work? The display uses IR sync emitter.

Sony chat would not guarantee they would work.
post #51 of 82 Old 04-18-2012, 01:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Somehow for that model then it is running on the Sony IR protocol. That's quite strange as going by xpand's glasses, Samsung operates on a different protocol. Nowadays the 2012 samsung are running Bluetooth as I found out directly trying to pass on my spare x103 universals to my mate who just purchased one.

post #52 of 82 Old 04-18-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post

IR systems are proprietary and Sony's is sole proprietary, so no they won't. The brands Panasonic share their IR system with are Toshiba and Sharp. That's why glasses like Xpand's universal IR's have to be manually switched to right IR mode or as with the new versions switch themselves into the correct more for the IR system they are being used with.

So that means I can use sharps glasses ? Do you know how well they work same with the fitment the.the Sony ps3 glasses are too small for me
post #53 of 82 Old 04-18-2012, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdie View Post

This is my first time ever posting here. But I stumbled upon the part number for the filters and noticed no one had commented on it yet, so I had to create an account and post it!
www.docs.sony.com/release/Flyer_4425411111.pdf

Found it here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...ls#/manualsTab

But my question is, will Sony make any battery operated glasses to compete with Samsung's $20 range? I just can't justify the price for the BR750s...

I don't believe that 4425411111 is actually the part number. I gave this number to sony a few weeks back and they had no record of it. I decided to go ahead and send the glasses back and get a refund. I will however keep trying to call Sony and get the filters.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #54 of 82 Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So that means I can use sharps glasses ? Do you know how well they work same with the fitment the.the Sony ps3 glasses are too small for me

I don't know why you would by another TV manufacturers OEM glasses such as Sharp's, to use with you Panasonic TV just because they might be compatible. More ideally for $80 or so, the MV3D glasses with IR-RF converter would leave the OEM Sharp most OEM glasses for dead- even if they average 20 bucks more in cost. I just looked up what appear to be Sharp's current glasses .From just looking at the pics alone, they look be to be quite dark lensed, however there don't seem to be any direct comparisons between them and other glasses to go off.

post #55 of 82 Old 04-18-2012, 08:14 PM

The BR750s have been met with mixed reviews. Some have returned them because they appear to make viewing 'foggy' as if there were plastic protectors left on the glasses.
post #56 of 82 Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post

I don't know why you would by another TV manufacturers OEM glasses such as Sharp's, to use with you Panasonic TV just because they might be compatible. More ideally for $80 or so, the MV3D glasses with IR-RF converter would leave the OEM Sharp most OEM glasses for dead- even if they average 20 bucks more in cost. I just looked up what appear to be Sharp's current glasses .From just looking at the pics alone, they look be to be quite dark lensed, however there don't seem to be any direct comparisons between them and other glasses to go off.

I have to agree with the MV3D assessment. I have 2 pair. They look pretty geeky in my opinion, but they work so well and when tuned right they beat all competition. The only reason I was checking the Sony glasses was they look so good. I'm a sucker for the word Titanium.

I wish Monster wasn't dropping the glasses line, but then again, that they are dumping them has given us a great opportunity to get a fantastic price deal through Amazon. I have 8 pair of active glasses, two are Monster and still I'm tempted to buy more.
post #57 of 82 Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

I have to agree with the MV3D assessment. I have 2 pair. They look pretty geeky in my opinion, but they work so well and when tuned right they beat all competition. The only reason I was checking the Sony glasses was they look so good. I'm a sucker for the word Titanium.

I wish Monster wasn't dropping the glasses line, but then again, that they are dumping them has given us a great opportunity to get a fantastic price deal through Amazon. I have 8 pair of active glasses, two are Monster and still I'm tempted to buy more.

The Monsters live on via fact they are actually produced by Bit Cauldron and still distributed by Optoma. It just means sourcing the IR-RF converter separately if needed once the Monster kits sell out completely. I resisted for a year in getting the MV3Ds despite a tide of feedback about their performance. I held out for the X104's only to find them still inferior to the MV3D's.

It's just a pity these 750's are ruined for projector owner thanks to the mandatory need for the additional filters. Otherwise, they are a remarkably attractive looking product.

post #58 of 82 Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM

I just got mine in the mail yesterday from Sony online. I like the fact that I can sit on the couch and have my hands interlocked behind my head. It is a very relaxed pose that was not possible with the tdgbr250.

I notice zero difference in image quality, but in terms of comfort, the new model is amazing. Crosstalk was the same on the tdgbr250, ps3 glasses, and the tdgbr750.

Setup is:
xbr46hx929
strdn1020
bdps770
post #59 of 82 Old 04-27-2012, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I keep noting a lot of people are hoping for cross talk improvements in the actual newer gens of glasses. I have to say having experience improvements from 3D proj technology, the improvements have all come from the display itself. Case in point being, disregarding the customiseable nature of glasses other glasses like the mv3d's(since I've never had to tune them to any displays out of the box), every ounce of crosstalk or ghosting improvement has come with the new projs I've moved up to since the first gen VW90, which had pretty big cross talk issues. The next gen VW95 with the both the factory and also 2 diff gen models of Xpand glasses I had at the time, all but eliminated cross talk. It made zero diff which glasses were used, that came don to a colour accuracy, brightness, and comfort issue. Now more recently with the latest VW1000 Sony, the PQ is without any exaggeration, cinema grade for 3D performance, all with the same glasses and now I've added the MV3Ds to the selection. So in reality I do think people need to realise it's more likely they will be seeing crosstalk improvements in newer panels going fwd, rather than glasses tech somehow being further improved to compensate.

post #60 of 82 Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 PM

Can anyone comment on how well these fit for people who wear prescription glasses? They don't look like they would work well.
Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page