AVS Forum banner

Sony TDGBR750 Titanium 3D Active Glasses

38K views 82 replies 32 participants last post by  kam.sanghera 
#1 ·
See less See more
#52 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT /forum/post/21920429

IR systems are proprietary and Sony's is sole proprietary, so no they won't. The brands Panasonic share their IR system with are Toshiba and Sharp. That's why glasses like Xpand's universal IR's have to be manually switched to right IR mode or as with the new versions switch themselves into the correct more for the IR system they are being used with.

So that means I can use sharps glasses ? Do you know how well they work same with the fitment the.the Sony ps3 glasses are too small for me

#53 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdie /forum/post/21920118

This is my first time ever posting here. But I stumbled upon the part number for the filters and noticed no one had commented on it yet, so I had to create an account and post it!
www.docs.sony.com/release/Flyer_4425411111.pdf

Found it here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...ls#/manualsTab

But my question is, will Sony make any battery operated glasses to compete with Samsung's $20 range? I just can't justify the price for the BR750s...

I don't believe that 4425411111 is actually the part number. I gave this number to sony a few weeks back and they had no record of it. I decided to go ahead and send the glasses back and get a refund. I will however keep trying to call Sony and get the filters.

#54 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceavis /forum/post/21921064

So that means I can use sharps glasses ? Do you know how well they work same with the fitment the.the Sony ps3 glasses are too small for me

I don't know why you would by another TV manufacturers OEM glasses such as Sharp's, to use with you Panasonic TV just because they might be compatible. More ideally for $80 or so, the MV3D glasses with IR-RF converter would leave the OEM Sharp most OEM glasses for dead- even if they average 20 bucks more in cost. I just looked up what appear to be Sharp's current glasses .From just looking at the pics alone, they look be to be quite dark lensed, however there don't seem to be any direct comparisons between them and other glasses to go off.

#56 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT /forum/post/21924559

I don't know why you would by another TV manufacturers OEM glasses such as Sharp's, to use with you Panasonic TV just because they might be compatible. More ideally for $80 or so, the MV3D glasses with IR-RF converter would leave the OEM Sharp most OEM glasses for dead- even if they average 20 bucks more in cost. I just looked up what appear to be Sharp's current glasses .From just looking at the pics alone, they look be to be quite dark lensed, however there don't seem to be any direct comparisons between them and other glasses to go off.

I have to agree with the MV3D assessment. I have 2 pair. They look pretty geeky in my opinion, but they work so well and when tuned right they beat all competition. The only reason I was checking the Sony glasses was they look so good. I'm a sucker for the word Titanium.

I wish Monster wasn't dropping the glasses line, but then again, that they are dumping them has given us a great opportunity to get a fantastic price deal through Amazon. I have 8 pair of active glasses, two are Monster and still I'm tempted to buy more.

#57 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut /forum/post/21924812

I have to agree with the MV3D assessment. I have 2 pair. They look pretty geeky in my opinion, but they work so well and when tuned right they beat all competition. The only reason I was checking the Sony glasses was they look so good. I'm a sucker for the word Titanium.

I wish Monster wasn't dropping the glasses line, but then again, that they are dumping them has given us a great opportunity to get a fantastic price deal through Amazon. I have 8 pair of active glasses, two are Monster and still I'm tempted to buy more.

The Monsters live on via fact they are actually produced by Bit Cauldron and still distributed by Optoma. It just means sourcing the IR-RF converter separately if needed once the Monster kits sell out completely. I resisted for a year in getting the MV3Ds despite a tide of feedback about their performance. I held out for the X104's only to find them still inferior to the MV3D's.

It's just a pity these 750's are ruined for projector owner thanks to the mandatory need for the additional filters. Otherwise, they are a remarkably attractive looking product.

#58 ·
I just got mine in the mail yesterday from Sony online. I like the fact that I can sit on the couch and have my hands interlocked behind my head. It is a very relaxed pose that was not possible with the tdgbr250.

I notice zero difference in image quality, but in terms of comfort, the new model is amazing. Crosstalk was the same on the tdgbr250, ps3 glasses, and the tdgbr750.

Setup is:

xbr46hx929

strdn1020

bdps770

#59 ·
I keep noting a lot of people are hoping for cross talk improvements in the actual newer gens of glasses. I have to say having experience improvements from 3D proj technology, the improvements have all come from the display itself. Case in point being, disregarding the customiseable nature of glasses other glasses like the mv3d's(since I've never had to tune them to any displays out of the box), every ounce of crosstalk or ghosting improvement has come with the new projs I've moved up to since the first gen VW90, which had pretty big cross talk issues. The next gen VW95 with the both the factory and also 2 diff gen models of Xpand glasses I had at the time, all but eliminated cross talk. It made zero diff which glasses were used, that came don to a colour accuracy, brightness, and comfort issue. Now more recently with the latest VW1000 Sony, the PQ is without any exaggeration, cinema grade for 3D performance, all with the same glasses and now I've added the MV3Ds to the selection. So in reality I do think people need to realise it's more likely they will be seeing crosstalk improvements in newer panels going fwd, rather than glasses tech somehow being further improved to compensate.

#61 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfuric /forum/post/21960209

Can anyone comment on how well these fit for people who wear prescription glasses? They don't look like they would work well.

I wear them over my glasses. It's not ideal, but they do fit. These are my first pair of 3D glasses so I don't have anything to compare them to in terms of fit with perscription glasses. It does help that the 750's are very light in weight.

#63 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetergmania  /t/1402665/sony-tdgbr750-titanium-3d-active-glasses/60#post_22130884

Does anyone else get distracted by the constant blinking of the LED when wearing these in a dark room? I find that I can see it through the glasses when it blinks and I have the lights off. I wish I could just turn that LED off or keep it on.

How the hell can you see the LED light blinking?
Do you have a third eye?
Just kidding dude but seriously, how can you see it? I can't imagine how and I don't see it myself? Isn't the LED light on top of the glass frame?

#64 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious  /t/1402665/sony-tdgbr750-titanium-3d-active-glasses/60#post_22131746

How the hell can you see the LED light blinking?
Do you have a third eye?
Just kidding dude but seriously, how can you see it? I can't imagine how and I don't see it myself? Isn't the LED light on top of the glass frame?

Ha. I don't know, it may be a defect I guess... It's the weirdest thing, but I turn off the lights at night and while I'm watching the movie, and I can see the LED blinking at it's 0.5 Hz at the top of my peripheral vision. Putting my finger on top of the light doesn't seem to help, so I'm guessing somehow light is bleeding thru the middle glass section. I dunno, I'll have to take a really close look and try and see what's going on. But it is really distracting.

#65 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfuric  /t/1402665/sony-tdgbr750-titanium-3d-active-glasses/30#post_21960209

Can anyone comment on how well these fit for people who wear prescription glasses? They don't look like they would work well.
I just got two pairs from Amazon.com today. I wear glasses and they fit same as the BR250s. It depends on your eyeglass frame. My last pair of glasses had temples attached to the middle of the lens and the BR250s fit better with those eyeglasses. Now that I have more trendy eyeglasses with the temples at the top of the lenses both the 250s and the 750s don't sit on the bridge of my nose but rest on the top of my frames. Since the 750s are so light, they feel fine. The 250s caused some discomfort putting more weight on the hard molded nose pieces of my eyeglasses. Although the new 750s also sit on the top of my prescription glasses, they're comfortable and don't hurt. So answering your question, they are comfortable with my glasses. I love them with one complaint-the power button is in an inconvenient place, inside above the nose bridge so you can't turn them off while wearing them which was my preferred method to make sure they were off but small price to pay-they are GREAT!

#67 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleibowitz  /t/1402665/sony-tdgbr750-titanium-3d-active-glasses/60#post_21974935

I wear them over my glasses. It's not ideal, but they do fit. These are my first pair of 3D glasses so I don't have anything to compare them to in terms of fit with perscription glasses. It does help that the 750's are very light in weight.
Hi, see my comment above about eyeglasses since I also own BR250's in addition to my two pairs of the new BR750s.

#68 ·
Speaking of perscription glasses: Has anyone seen those polarization filters in the meantime? I was wondering if these things could be "abused" to use them for perscription lenses. You know, maybe these filters come in some sort of frame where an optician could remove the filters from and install perscription lenses instead.

Does anyone know whether or not that would be possible?

#69 ·
Has anyone ever tried the 'Duogreen 3D Active Shutter Glasses' ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VOH6P0 )? They're battery operated and cost $34 on Amazon right now. Obviously they don't look as nice as the BR750, but they're under half of the price. And they look better than the BR250 (which is still more expensive). There's no reviews on Amazon, so I don't know if I should be scared, or if it's new or what? Any thoughts?

#70 ·
I bought some xpand x104 3d glasses to compare to the 750's that I own. Results were drastictly in favor of the 104's. The 104's have vertical and horizontal filters, so you have zero head tilt loss of 3d and color. They also display a much better 3d Image straight on. They are tinted slightly darker and the color presentation looks much more accurate to me. The 750's are light and comfortable, but the 104's fit over my prescription glasses without a problem and are way more comfortable than the 250's. The 104's can also be updated with the latest firmware and you can adjust the shutter speed through they're pc app. I've already sold 2 pairs of my 750's on eBay. Keeping 1 pair for now. I have a Sony XBR55hx929 and these are the best glasses I have used bar none.

#71 ·
I just returned a pair of these to Amazon. As a titanium freak (the ti in my AV is for titanium!), I knew I had to get them but I found them to be cloudy and much less sharp than the 250's I compared them to. As an eyeglass wearer, they also picked up extraneous light between the lenses which disappeared when I cupped my hands over them. To top it off, I couldn't use either eyepiece with my glasses since the bridge of my glasses interfered with both eyepieces. I guess I'll try the xpands next since the 250's are like wearing a brick on your head.

TV is a 46HX929.

#73 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdie  /t/1402665/sony-tdgbr750-titanium-3d-active-glasses/60#post_22143835

Has anyone ever tried the 'Duogreen 3D Active Shutter Glasses' ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VOH6P0 )? They're battery operated and cost $34 on Amazon right now. Obviously they don't look as nice as the BR750, but they're under half of the price. And they look better than the BR250 (which is still more expensive). There's no reviews on Amazon, so I don't know if I should be scared, or if it's new or what? Any thoughts?

I can't decide whether to get their Duogreen glasses or their Duogreen sporks. http://www.amazon.com/Duogreen-Magnetic-Camping-Activity-Carrying/dp/B005ZSNKMM

Yes I can. I'll get the sporks. I'll get my glasses from companies known for making glasses.

#74 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfuric  /t/1402665/sony-tdgbr750-titanium-3d-active-glasses/0_60#post_21960209

It works extremely well. Much better than the 250. What I want to know is whether this unit is "universal" like the Sony PS3 3D glasses (which unfortunately totally uncomfortable to wear)

#75 ·
Hi everyone,

Do you guy recommend me getting the 750's for my "52hx903" ? I brought this thing a while back which came with the BR-100 glasses which I do find give horrific ghosting most of the time besides "Owl's and Guardians", the best 3D experience I've found so far.

I am keen to try the Xpand 104's after the previous users post but cant find my model on their compatibility list, and also the respect the point that its the TV tech that reduces the ghost/crosstalk rather then changing the version/model or even brand of active shutter glasses but i see mixed views here. Im just wondering if my 3DTV model is considered old tech.

Gef

#76 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirShrek  /t/1402665/sony-tdgbr750-titanium-3d-active-glasses/60#post_22308823

Hi everyone,

Do you guy recommend me getting the 750's for my "52hx903" ? I brought this thing a while back which came with the BR-100 glasses which I do find give horrific ghosting most of the time besides "Owl's and Guardians", the best 3D experience I've found so far.

I am keen to try the Xpand 104's after the previous users post but cant find my model on their compatibility list, and also the respect the point that its the TV tech that reduces the ghost/crosstalk rather then changing the version/model or even brand of active shutter glasses but i see mixed views here. Im just wondering if my 3DTV model is considered old tech.

Gef

It's a case of YMMV. Some people love them, I returned mine. It depends on what works with your face. Get them from a place with a good return policy in case they don't work for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.