LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
These active glasses look great. They are IR active. They are durable and light only 1.2 Oz. this should stop passive fans complaints about weight. Although their complaints of price in this case are valid. These are premium titanium. I believe titanium passive may be close to this price. They charge for quick use in 15 minutes.
post #3 of 83 Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Are you sure they are IR and compatible with 2010/2011 sets? I thought Sony was going bluetooth this year. The Amazon listing doesn't say one way or the other.
post #4 of 83 Old 03-29-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post

Are you sure they are IR and compatible with 2010/2011 sets? I thought Sony was going bluetooth this year. The Amazon listing doesn't say one way or the other.

I Googled and found the instruction sheet. There was absolutely no doubt it was IR. They pointed out the sensor and talked about line of sight to the transmitter. The lenses are set swept back 10 degrees. They claim it reduces eye strain and reduces any flicker to nonexistance. Unfortunately I can't find the address.
post #5 of 83 Old 03-30-2012, 12:40 AM

Liked: 10
Extended Comfort: Proper weight distribution of 80%/20% (Front/Rear) ensures a comfortable, balanced wear - even during extended viewing sessions.
post #6 of 83 Old 03-30-2012, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

I preordered and Amazon says Delivery Estimate: Wednesday April 18, 2012 - Thursday May 3, 2012. I'll post a review once I get it.
post #7 of 83 Old 03-31-2012, 01:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Will these work with Sony projectors?
post #8 of 83 Old 03-31-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugueness View Post

Not sure about projectors, but if the display uses active shutter and syncs with infrared I don't see why not.
post #9 of 83 Old 03-31-2012, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

Absolutely zero reason for them not to, being they work with the existing Sony IR protocol. I do wonder overall though about things people complain about like side light blockage and whether they have improved brightness and tint or are they only going to have reduced flicker as quoted. They look very cool and much lighter, but if that's it, I'm not tossing aside my MV3D's or X104's for them.

post #10 of 83 Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 PM

Liked: 10
Existing glasses can be extremely uncomfortable after watching a movie.
post #11 of 83 Old 04-03-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

I got this email from Amazon:

"Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"Sony TDGBR750 Titanium 3D Active Glasses"
Previous estimated arrival date: April 18, 2012 - May 03, 2012
New estimated arrival date: April 09, 2012"

I can't wait!
post #12 of 83 Old 04-03-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious View Post

I got this email from Amazon:

"Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"Sony TDGBR750 Titanium 3D Active Glasses"
Previous estimated arrival date: April 18, 2012 - May 03, 2012
New estimated arrival date: April 09, 2012"

I can't wait!

My least favorite and most tiring Amazon message:

Quote:

Important Message

We're sorry. One or more items can't be shipped to your selected destination. Please sign in to change the shipping address or delete the item(s) from your order.

I went on to the link today and got excited for a min, thinking I might grab a pair for the $99 just for the hell of it and do a test vs MV3D's and X104's that I have, as they said in stock and avail. I then quickly found out the sales had been rerouted from Amazon itself to one of its affiliates who quite typically refuses to ship to Intl Amazon customers... So back Amazon's indef 2-5 week scenario. That's unless they turn up on ebay or somewhere else that ships to Aus...

post #13 of 83 Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just ordered the last 2 pair that they have in stock and have a delivery date of Friday (gotta love Prime). I'm looking forward to trying these out with my HW30 projector. You can still order them, but the delivery date is now Apr. 23, 2012 - May 7, 2012

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #14 of 83 Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Just a note if you plan on using these with a projector they may require polarized filters as Sony's legacy glasses, BR100/50/250.

Sony eSupport for BR750

Now the question is: Do the glasses include the filter? At $100 a pop they should, but I doubt it.

post #15 of 83 Old 04-04-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

I just ordered the last 2 pair that they have in stock and have a delivery date of Friday (gotta love Prime). I'm looking forward to trying these out with my HW30 projector. You can still order them, but the delivery date is now Apr. 23, 2012 - May 7, 2012

I got Prime too so how come yours might be delivering Friday while mine is not till Monday next week and I ordered awhile back, unless you got 1 day shipping? Oh well is not too long anyways but if yours delivering Friday I want it friday also so that I can try the glass this weekend, I still got a lot of 3D movies that I haven't had the chance to watch yet.
post #16 of 83 Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I got Prime too so how come yours might be delivering Friday while mine is not till Monday next week and I ordered awhile back, unless you got 1 day shipping? Oh well is not too long anyways but if yours delivering Friday I want it friday also so that I can try the glass this weekend, I still got a lot of 3D movies that I haven't had the chance to watch yet.

Dunno... Probably because they said in stock when I ordered, I've had this issue in the past if I order if Amazon shows they don't have any stock. I just got two day, but most of the time I get things next day, as I'm close to two of their shipping locations.

post #17 of 83 Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Got an email and now it says it has shipped! I'm getting it tomorrow!
post #18 of 83 Old 04-04-2012, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got an email and now it says it has shipped! I'm getting it tomorrow!

I'm not getting them until Friday since they are shipping from Phoenix Let us know if you get the polarizing filters in the package.

post #19 of 83 Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

(I posted this in the HW30 thread, but will here as well )

Well, I just got off the phone with Sony to get filters for the new TDG-BR750's (which are to be delivered on Fri. from Amazon), and wow, what a PITA. I called the: (239) 768-7547 and explained what I needed, etc., etc. and she kept putting me on hold checking on it. She also had in my file that they had sent me filters in the past, but proceeded to tell me that they couldn't send me any because I had a projector and that I could only use the PJ1s... I told them nicely that this was a bunch of BS. Finally they transferred me to Customer Relations where I spoke with someone very nice that told me that a part # for the 750 filters was not yet available, so she couldn't send them to me. I did have her send me 3 pairs of the 50's while I was on the phone.

So in summary, I was on the phone for over an hour to find out that the filter for the glasses don't have a P/N yet. I'm still hoping that they'll be in the box when I get them on Friday.

post #20 of 83 Old 04-04-2012, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

I'm not getting them until Friday since they are shipping from Phoenix Let us know if you get the polarizing filters in the package.

I have the 55" Sony HX929 as my TV so I don't think I'll need the filters.
post #21 of 83 Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have the 55" Sony HX929 as my TV so I don't think I'll need the filters.

Right, just let us know if they come in the package (which I doubt they will)

post #22 of 83 Old 04-05-2012, 06:45 AM

The filters do not come in the package. And for whatever reason, there is still the color shift issue when you tilt your head which I would have thought they would have fixed.

The glasses are far more comfortable to me. There are some things that I simply can't explain. For one, there is some double imaging going on with stuff that does not warrant it (for example: white text on a black background such as warning text). It's there even if a 3D image is not being sent. I imagine this has something to do with the angled lenses since I don't have this issue with my Xpands or 250's.

These are also not as dim as the two glasses mentioned above. This makes the picture brighter and perhaps a little 'washed out' compared to the other two glasses but is easily fixed with some changes to the settings. The slight double imaging above also SEEMS to make the picture look not as detailed but I can't say for sure and it's driving me bonkers trying to figure out if that's what I'm really seeing or if it's just the darker lenses of the Xpands and 250's creating that illusion.

That being said, I really enjoy them. I tried games and movies yesterday for a good 3 hours and I didn't become fatigued like I usually do. There also seemed to be less ghosting in games that I know had it really bad before (such as MotorStorm 3D Rift and Gran Turismo 5). I still can't crank GT5 up to max without really bad double images but it was still stellar at around the 7 mark.

I'm curious to see if other people are seeing what I'm seeing (you see?). I'd love to get the filters and see if that makes a difference beyond mitigating the color shift issue. I have a 55hx929 by the way and its firmware was just recently updated so not sure if these improvements are because of that. Hard to tell when Sony only gives a cryptic "we improved the performance of the TV!"
post #23 of 83 Old 04-05-2012, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyio View Post

The filters do not come in the package. And for whatever reason, there is still the color shift issue when you tilt your head which I would have thought they would have fixed.

The glasses are far more comfortable to me. There are some things that I simply can't explain. For one, there is some double imaging going on with stuff that does not warrant it (for example: white text on a black background such as warning text). It's there even if a 3D image is not being sent. I imagine this has something to do with the angled lenses since I don't have this issue with my Xpands or 250's.

These are also not as dim as the two glasses mentioned above. This makes the picture brighter and perhaps a little 'washed out' compared to the other two glasses but is easily fixed with some changes to the settings. The slight double imaging above also SEEMS to make the picture look not as detailed but I can't say for sure and it's driving me bonkers trying to figure out if that's what I'm really seeing or if it's just the darker lenses of the Xpands and 250's creating that illusion.

That being said, I really enjoy them. I tried games and movies yesterday for a good 3 hours and I didn't become fatigued like I usually do. There also seemed to be less ghosting in games that I know had it really bad before (such as MotorStorm 3D Rift and Gran Turismo 5). I still can't crank GT5 up to max without really bad double images but it was still stellar at around the 7 mark.

I'm curious to see if other people are seeing what I'm seeing (you see?). I'd love to get the filters and see if that makes a difference beyond mitigating the color shift issue. I have a 55hx929 by the way and its firmware was just recently updated so not sure if these improvements are because of that. Hard to tell when Sony only gives a cryptic "we improved the performance of the TV!"

If anyone is successful in getting the filters, please post the part number, that way we can ask for it specifically when calling.

post #24 of 83 Old 04-05-2012, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

So I got the 3D glass today and posting some pictures. I have yet to try this tonight when we watch a 3D movie. First impression, very stylish and so light, it's so light that I'm scared that I will crush it if I'm not too careful! So off to watch 3D movies and hope for the best!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #25 of 83 Old 04-05-2012, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

here's a couple more pics...
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #26 of 83 Old 04-05-2012, 05:17 PM

Wanted to post an update. I got another pair in today that I got from amazon. I'm pleased to report that the issues I reported above are GONE except the color shift issue. Clearly something wrong with the pair i got in the store so I'll be returning those.
post #27 of 83 Old 04-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Sad to report that these do NOT work with Sony projectors.
post #28 of 83 Old 04-07-2012, 02:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep, I'm still trying to get the filters, but the parts department said that they didn't yet have them available. These glasses are extremely comfortable, and I'm going to be disappointed if I will have to return them. It would be nice if Sony would just build the filters right into the glasses and support their ES customers.

post #29 of 83 Old 04-07-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mate, if they don't, why on earth would Sony make the polarised add-on filters specifically for use with projectors as was linked to on prev page?? I think you'll find its that they work with the IR signal, but won't work properly without the filter as per browerjs' comments.The proj IR is exactly the same as for the TV range.

Have to say going back to adding filters is a deal breaker for me. There's no way they are going to outperform the MV3D's for Sony projs if they are having to rely on additional filters, taking a technical backstep to prior to the TDG-PJ1/BR250s.

post #30 of 83 Old 04-07-2012, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post

Mate, if they don't, why on earth would Sony make the polarised add-on filters specifically for use with projectors as was linked to on prev page?? I think you'll find its that they work with the IR signal, but won't work properly without the filter as per browerjs' comments.The proj IR is exactly the same as for the TV range.

Have to say going back to adding filters is a deal breaker for me. There's no way they are going to outperform the MV3D's for Sony projs if they are having to rely on additional filters, taking a technical backstep to prior to the TDG-PJ1/BR250s.

The BR250s need the filters as well... I'm really struggling with whether I want to just deal with the add-on filters (once they become available) or send them back to Amazon and just get the MV3Ds.

The 750s are just so lightweight and comfortable, they are like wearing a pair of sunglasses.

Reply 3D Tech Talk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page